Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:36:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain Launches the New Antminer B3 Miner  (Read 16286 times)
munchies859

Activity: 42
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:44:04 PM

I had that thought also but let's look at the facts:

1.) 70% of Bytom are already in circulation. 987,000,000

2.) There are less than 1,000,000 new Bytom mined daily

3.) In the last 24 hours roughly $75 million worth of Bytom exchanged on different exchanges (coinmarketcap.com)

4.) Price is already down 20% in just a couple of days BTM/USD, down 50% BTM/ETH

My opinion is that if everyone goes to market at the same time on the same exchange with 100% of rewards when an exchange begins accepting BTM, yes the price will drop. But I don't believe that will happen. I also think a lot of the price adjustment is already baked in. We've had a huge run over the last week in nearly all crypto yet BTM is down significantly.

Also, this is Bitmain's baby. Do you think a multibillion dollar company is going to let their technology fail? It wouldn't surprise me if they bought more at a lower price much like an underwriter buying stock at an IPO to hold up the price.

Or I could be completely wrong and this is a $0.20 shitcoin this time next week. In which case I will only have made $40/day instead of $240 Wink

Actually, I was reading the Bytom discord, and people are saying that Antpool is paying out with the ERC20 token that all the exchanges that list Bytom are using.  So if this is the case, at least some people are already exchanging their BTM.  That would explain the drop in price over the last few days.

Still though, while 1 million BTM per day seems like a drop in the bucket compared to the market cap, the market caps of these small coins are misleading.  Liquidity is low for something like Bytom, so it doesn't take too many people selling to tank the price.  Still though, like you said, the earnings are so high now that even if it crashes it should still be worth it. 
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Salesguy99

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:54:54 PM

I'm just going to hold onto to mine for the time being.  I'm thinking that it is going to ride the wave of the other cryptos.  And, Bitmain is not going to let it fail (and they have billions).
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:46:40 AM

ANTPOOL SHOWS BALANCE NOW ON THE DASHBOARD!!!!!

Yep, here too.  I guess that 18 hours of mining wasn't wasted after all.  I have 330 BTM total earnings!

I think those few were lucky. Some of us havent gotfen the first batch yet. Mine is near now.
Furthermore, we are talking a risk here without even a calculator. Had it gone back like the D3? How? I hope tgat doesnt occur later. The D3 went downhill fast. It was good at first. 70% of bytom is already in circulation is kinda sad...

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
shadi1989

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:53:25 AM

Yep, here too.  I guess that 18 hours of mining wasn't wasted after all.  I have 330 BTM total earnings!

I think those few were lucky. Some of us havent gotfen the first batch yet. Mine is near now.
Furthermore, we are talking a risk here without even a calculator. Had it gone back like the D3? How? I hope tgat doesnt occur later. The D3 went downhill fast. It was good at first. 70% of bytom is already in circulation is kinda sad...

How is it possible that 70% is already in circulation as the mainnet launched 1/1,5 week ago?
Kavela

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:17:14 AM

Am i only one here who got shipping notification for APW and not for Antminer B3? Its not fair. People already making loads of money and my miner is not even shipped its so frustrating. But anywas good luck to those who already got their miners. I haven'g got my first batch miner and bitmain is already preparing to send out the batch 2. My luck is on vacation Smiley))))) Still positive !!!
Sandal_Hat

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:25:16 AM

How is it possible that 70% is already in circulation as the mainnet launched 1/1,5 week ago?

I think it is pre-mine. I dont think they will dump all the pre-mine on us since bytom has agreement in bitmain. Wat i worry is that it is now on sale again which is abit fast? I think it was out of stock yesterday? Anyone know wats the amount sold? The coin just fell from a dollar to 75 cents now. Also, hope bitmain promotes the coin more. I dont see enough people willing to trade it. It needs more liquidity, more buyers. Besides that, all seems ok.  Hopefully this gamble works out for all of us.

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
SplinterZalinsk

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:39:55 AM

Whats the best idea? Huh Get one more B3 or a X3?
shadi1989

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:22:31 AM

Am i only one here who got shipping notification for APW and not for Antminer B3? Its not fair. People already making loads of money and my miner is not even shipped its so frustrating. But anywas good luck to those who already got their miners. I haven'g got my first batch miner and bitmain is already preparing to send out the batch 2. My luck is on vacation Smiley))))) Still positive !!!

Received my tracking number 30min ago, for batch 1 order. wayyy to late tho, already 1200+ running

I think it is pre-mine. I dont think they will dump all the pre-mine on us since bytom has agreement in bitmain. Wat i worry is that it is now on sale again which is abit fast? I think it was out of stock yesterday? Anyone know wats the amount sold? The coin just fell from a dollar to 75 cents now. Also, hope bitmain promotes the coin more. I dont see enough people willing to trade it. It needs more liquidity, more buyers. Besides that, all seems ok.  Hopefully this gamble works out for all of us.

Pre-mine by the dev's of bytom? why is a miner build en sold if already 70%'s done?

Whats the best idea? Huh Get one more B3 or a X3?

Same questions here. X3 can still hit it's ROI pretty soon (60d) even ETN is forking.
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:46:20 AM

Whats the best idea? Huh Get one more B3 or a X3?

Same questions here. X3 can still hit it's ROI pretty soon (60d) even ETN is forking.

It's all down to risk. Bytom isn't proven to be anything yet, but it MAY end up being quite valuable. X3 is a good call while ETN is still on the algo, after fork if it isn't picked up for Nicehash I'm not sure you'll be making much, I'm not overly interested in any of the other coins it mines personally.

If you're cashing out daily I think the B3 is earning more right now, but not sure. I don't have either (yet, both are arriving in the next week or two).
Kavela

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:46:49 AM

Received my tracking number 30min ago, for batch 1 order. wayyy to late tho, already 1200+ running

I got mine too and yes its wayyy to late for batch 1. But still i got it at last. Smiley)))))))))))))

shadi1989

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:51:11 AM

Saw something on Bytom Discord:
"bytom_Martin - today 05:12
@Cryptoaio12   the top 2 address are belong to bytom  we will drop some of these BTM to community"
henrylitee

Activity: 54

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:06:55 AM

So when does Antpool payout?  Anyone receive anything yet?  I have 412 BTM earned so far...

did you set up the auto pay out for example at 100 BTM coins? some people get pay out just for 118 BTM coins...
Sandal_Hat

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:10:09 AM

My B3 came and works fine so far Smiley
It is as loud as an S9 or D3 despite using lesser electricity. It has 6 boards with 2 chips on each board and it is auto-tune. U cant lower fans, so make sure u set up a place that can take some noise. This isnt gpu quiet despite using low electricity. I am not sure wat speed the fans spin at because sit just shows zero.

chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:18:52 AM

Actually, I was reading the Bytom discord, and people are saying that Antpool is paying out with the ERC20 token that all the exchanges that list Bytom are using.  So if this is the case, at least some people are already exchanging their BTM.  That would explain the drop in price over the last few days.

I installed the wallet, but I can't figure how can I create ERC20 address. Anyone?

HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 09:47:12 AM

It is as loud as an S9 or D3 despite using lesser electricity. It has 6 boards with 2 chips on each board and it is auto-tune. U cant lower fans, so make sure u set up a place that can take some noise. This isnt gpu quiet despite using low electricity. I am not sure wat speed the fans spin at because sit just shows zero.

Maybe you can buy and install Enermax D.F. Storm fans to provide enough cooling (3500rpm, 155CFM), but with a low noise level.

Kavela

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:07:36 AM

Need help !!!

If i switch on miner and mine bytom with antpool and i indicate my hitbtc bytom adress. Will it provide payment to my hitbtc account? Thanks a lot.
Sandal_Hat

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:10:48 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2018, 10:34:26 AM by Sandal_Hat

Maybe you can buy and install Enermax D.F. Storm fans to provide enough cooling (3500rpm, 155CFM), but with a low noise level.

I have space to put all my noisy stuffs Smiley

I am just providing info for those wanting to put it in their bedroom. It isnt possible lol or maybe with a super thick soundproof box. U dont wanna buy this and realize u cant run it due to noise issues especially since plugging it in asap is crucial.
This thing uses as much power as only 3 GPUs but is noisy.

I would prefer to have the strongest fans to make sure it is as cool as can be. Safer that way.

Need help !!!

If i switch on miner and mine bytom with antpool and i indicate my hitbtc bytom adress. Will it provide payment to my hitbtc account? Thanks a lot.

Dude, better not to use any exchange address for mining. Best to just use mew address.

I juz bought some bytom in huobipro to test withdraw to mew. It isnt instant and took about 5 mins before withdrawal is approved. Huobi pro fee is 2btm, min is 42btm.
Cryptopia should have instant withdrawal (though I havent tried for bytom) but they have a 14btm fee Sad

Kavela

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:16:54 AM

Need help !!!

Dude, better not to use any exchange address for mining. Best to just use mew address.

Thanks for response. I never used this wallet, and can i transfer the savings in exchange later without any problems or additional fees? Thanks
Sandal_Hat

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:33:42 AM

Need help !!!

Thanks for response. I never used this wallet, and can i transfer the savings in exchange later without any problems or additional fees? Thanks

Myetherwallet aka MEW is a popular wallet. It holds alot of erc20 tokens such as bytom. U can decide your fees in mew. U need some eth to be used as fees though.

mansello

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:42:15 PM

Hi, is it possible to use Trezor or Ledger as wallet for Bytom ?
If yes ..... how?
Thank you

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: