Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:36:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's going to be cute when bitcoin shatters and gets destroyed  (Read 9156 times)
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:30:53 AM

We the beta testers pushed the developer to keep it closed source, just because clones would appear instantly.

The only reason why clones could be a problem is when your are only in it to profit from a early adopter advantage.

If that's the Goal of the majority of Beta Testers, that's not really an Argument for a currency.  Undecided

I can see some merit to your argument, but early adopters also promote the coin. If you dilute them, you hurt your marketing.

If I had a killer feature, I would hold it closed-source until my mining network hashrate was too large for someone to clone effectively.

The Bit had the same advantage, because no one was watching in 2008.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MikeyVeez

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:31:16 AM

We the beta testers pushed the developer to keep it closed source, just because clones would appear instantly.

The only reason why clones could be a problem is when your are only in it to profit from a early adopter advantage.

If that's the Goal of the majority of Beta Testers, that's not really an Argument for a currency.  Undecided

Not really I just like the coins features very much. I was one of the people who had plans to clone the coin after release, but saw how great it was that I want it to succeed. Also,  it for the dev who has programmed day and night for almost a year to see it get destroyed would suck. It's not about monetary gain it's about building something you put alot of work into you want it to succeed not fail.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
JohnyBigs (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:37:38 AM

Not really I just like the coins features very much. I was one of the people who had plans to clone the coin after release, but saw how great it was that I want it to succeed. Also,  it for the dev who has programmed day and night for almost a year to see it get destroyed would suck. It's not about monetary gain it's about building something you put alot of work into you want it to succeed not fail.

This ^^, the point though is there are better coins coming along whether it's eMunie or Ripple or whatever name is out there something better, is coming out that is going to replace Bitcoin.
phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:39:43 AM

Can we ignore this until its out in the open?

I read somewhere something about paying for access to this and that the creator tries to control the price fluctuaction.
Could someone specify on that ?

Bitcoin was open-source from the very beginning of its distribution, think about that and come back when emunie is a thing...

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
AnonyMint

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:40:21 AM

We sorely need some serious altcoins to take some of the ponzi off of the Bit. Would be better for all including Bit fanatics.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
AnonyMint

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:41:16 AM

Bitcoin was open-source from the very beginning of its distribution, think about that and come back when emunie is a thing...

And no one was watching so it was effectively closed-source if you want to compare the effects versus an altcoin being closed-source for short period of time to gain first leader advantage on its new features.

MahaRamana

Activity: 338

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:43:39 AM

wide distribution is necessary only if bitcoin is used as currency or unit to measure value.

There is no need to represent prices in bitcoin today, so I don't see the need for users of the bitcoin system to own bitcoins. There is no need for bitcoins to use the platform as a mean of payment.

bitcoins are just like shares of the platform, they are not legal shares, they are shares by the very construction of the system.

Facebook users don't need a facebook share to use facebook. Would you say something like : Facebook will never become popular unless everyone owns a little bit of facebook shares. Makes no sense right ?

Similarly, people using the bitcoin system to pay don't need to ever own bitcoin.

There are already services that convert USD to bitcoin for the buyer and bitcoin to USD for the seller. Neither the buyer nor the seller need any bitcoin exposure.

On facebook, neither the user nor the advertisers need an exposure to the facebook share.

People are confused with the bitcoin technology because bitcoins are used in transactions they think that they must be a currency. No they are not. Despite the name "bitcoins", bitcoins are not "coins". They are just the virtual substance of the system. And that system can work without any bitcoins in the hands of the end-users.

The system as it is is way too technical for grandma and the average facebook user. Granted ! it will receive lots of application layers in the future by many startups that are already working on it and that will make the use of the bitcoin system transparent for the mainstream.

And about the argument about clones, one can also say that facebook is worth nothing because any new social media platform might come up tomorrow. Not impossible but improbable. Of course facebook is an extreme exemple, but bitcoin has a huge lead and there is no clue today that any other will really take off.
AnonyMint

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:51:11 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2013, 10:02:16 AM by AnonyMint

MahaRamana, I read that there are many social networks succeeding at eating away at facebook. I haven't researched that in detail.

So you are referring to fractional reserves of BTC?

Or reusing the concepts in an altcoin?

We can't reuse the blockchain with fractional reserves so are you referring to merged mining?

I am calling "hotair" on your post until you can clarify where this distribution resides specifically.

JohnyBigs (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:59:25 AM

Can we ignore this until its out in the open?

I read somewhere something about paying for access to this and that the creator tries to control the price fluctuaction.
Could someone specify on that ?

You don't need to pay for anything. This thread is not about eMunie it's about Bitcoin getting replaced by better alt coins, it just turned into emunie because someone asked me about it. It's not the creator the currency itself controls the rate of production. It's not simple things, there is so much to it, but it's not negative, you really need to look up the emunie threads and join the forum, there is just way to much information. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful it's just I don't want to give you wrong information with stuff I quite don't understand 100% myself, especially not coming from a technical background.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 10:01:16 AM

Ohh noeeez I said the unthinkable to the bitcoin fanboys, that bitcoin will get destroyed by whatever coin comes out that will make this dinosaur obsolete.

Because wait please explain to me the benefit of waiting 30 hours to make sure my order is confirmed instead of a few seconds using a credit card? Anonymity!! Guess what when bitcoin becomes "mainstream" which it never will for the very fact that it takes forever to confirm any normal transaction.

The mainstream places are going to ask you for personal information, like Amazon, Walmart, whatever company you can think of, so it basically becomes a nice tracking tool to track every single transaction you ever make in your life, as they have your name and address and can match your bitcoin wallet.

But those are flaws in all crypto currencies, people celebrate them for freedom yet they fail to realize that they will be the most sinister, draconian tool of control even invented. Why do you think big government loves crypto so much, and are passing regulations to make it legal in their frameworks.

They know once they have the infrastructure in place they can track every single transaction that a person makes, and in the process they would have eliminated "cash" the only true form of anonymity.

Back to bitcoin though, Bitcoin is basically AOL dial up internet, waiting to be destroyed by Time Warner high speed cable. Bitcoin can't compete in the real world of instant transactions, hence it will never be used for anything of importance main stream.

As soon as a new crypto currency comes out that offers true instant transactions, Bitcoin will be dead, there is actually a coin coming out just around the corner, you'll all know of it soon enough, which will dominate crypto and won't be replaced by anything even remotely soon after, as it solves all Bitcoins problems. Any coin that tries to compete with it won't matter, as they will only be marginal improvements and not worth the "mainstreams" time to implement them.

It will have first mover advantage and keep it, Just like Visa and Mastercard. There will be clones trying to compete but they won't get anywhere as they will only offer marginal improvements which people won't bother or waste their time with. Just like the countless payment clones to the major payment processors, nobody gives them any attention.

Laugh, Cry, Hate, or Love just know this will all happen, and you have been forewarned.

Got out at 150 $  ?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
AnonyMint

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:03:27 AM

Got out at 150 $  ?

You used to be supportive of Decrits, eMunie, etc.

You've changed since BTC has risen to $800.

Got to love what greed does to the pre-frontal cortex via spiking dopamine.

digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 10:03:54 AM

This ^^, the point though is there are better coins coming along whether it's eMunie or Ripple or whatever name is out there something better, is coming out that is going to replace Bitcoin.

There are better designs , they're already made , id say the reason BTC is rising is in part due to that .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
JohnyBigs (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:04:38 AM

Ohh noeeez I said the unthinkable to the bitcoin fanboys, that bitcoin will get destroyed by whatever coin comes out that will make this dinosaur obsolete.

Because wait please explain to me the benefit of waiting 30 hours to make sure my order is confirmed instead of a few seconds using a credit card? Anonymity!! Guess what when bitcoin becomes "mainstream" which it never will for the very fact that it takes forever to confirm any normal transaction.

The mainstream places are going to ask you for personal information, like Amazon, Walmart, whatever company you can think of, so it basically becomes a nice tracking tool to track every single transaction you ever make in your life, as they have your name and address and can match your bitcoin wallet.

But those are flaws in all crypto currencies, people celebrate them for freedom yet they fail to realize that they will be the most sinister, draconian tool of control even invented. Why do you think big government loves crypto so much, and are passing regulations to make it legal in their frameworks.

They know once they have the infrastructure in place they can track every single transaction that a person makes, and in the process they would have eliminated "cash" the only true form of anonymity.

Back to bitcoin though, Bitcoin is basically AOL dial up internet, waiting to be destroyed by Time Warner high speed cable. Bitcoin can't compete in the real world of instant transactions, hence it will never be used for anything of importance main stream.

As soon as a new crypto currency comes out that offers true instant transactions, Bitcoin will be dead, there is actually a coin coming out just around the corner, you'll all know of it soon enough, which will dominate crypto and won't be replaced by anything even remotely soon after, as it solves all Bitcoins problems. Any coin that tries to compete with it won't matter, as they will only be marginal improvements and not worth the "mainstreams" time to implement them.

It will have first mover advantage and keep it, Just like Visa and Mastercard. There will be clones trying to compete but they won't get anywhere as they will only offer marginal improvements which people won't bother or waste their time with. Just like the countless payment clones to the major payment processors, nobody gives them any attention.

Laugh, Cry, Hate, or Love just know this will all happen, and you have been forewarned.

Got out at 150 $  ?

Slap! Not telling people to get out now, just to be aware that in the future Bitcoin will cease to be what it was, and that Bitcoin is not going to take over the world, but just fizzle out and get replaced by something much much better.
AnonyMint

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:05:37 AM

There are better designs , they're already made , id say the reason BTC is rising is in part due to that .

Oh so you have your own altthingy now (Nybble?), so you bag on the others?

JohnyBigs (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:07:47 AM

Oh so you have your own altthingy now (Nybble?), so you bag on the others?

That is the thing, Nibble is a clone, emunie and the others are different architectures from the ground up, you can be sure if emunie came out tomorrow open source next day digital industry would have a clone of it lol.
ex-trader

Activity: 298

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:08:06 AM

It is consumers who decide what payment mechanism succeeds and Bitcoin is inferior for POS transactions to credit cards, since credit cards offer protection for free, whereas Bitcoin doesn't. Only a fool would pay with Bitcoins for any goods if they could pay with cards.

That is why Bitcoin will never take off for buying goods other than where it has advantages such as in very small payments or cross-border where the parties do not have access to usual methods.

Really?  If your gas station (the one you have gone to 500 times in your life and never had a problem) offered you a 3% discount everyday for paying with Bitcoin you would be a "fool" to take it?  What if Amazon.com, Papajohns, or some store you routinely use and trust did?

I just don't believe that that will happen for many reasons.

Firstly, most significant companies pay less than 3%, I paid under 2% on one of mine and don't forget that the blockchain fees are currently 1% plus the cost of using BitPay or another application provider. So the savings are minimal (and will be less again for companies the size of Exxon or Amazon). Also until that firm can pay for it's goods in Bitcoins it must then change the BTC back to Fiat which costs more fees and also runs the risk of the amount they receive changing due to the price volatility.

Commercially it just doesn't make sense, which is why most providers who currently offer BTC do it for a small part of their business as an advertising gimmick, or because they are Bitcoin enthusiasts happy to gain some coins.

dadach

Activity: 365

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:17:39 AM

reported.

To DA Moon!!! donations accepted >.< 38nvHaNqF5nv4ifhUyq9CChnBmRs2DSv4r
AnonyMint

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:18:49 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2013, 10:37:08 AM by AnonyMint

Got out at 150 $  ?

I finally figured out why BitCONers get so defensive about an altcoin becoming successful.

Ignorant gloating combined with fear and jealously! They want their place in the hierarchy of the ponzi scheme is static, i.e. who ever bought after them is lower than them on the totem pole.

This is just male dick size all over again.

They aren't really serious about changing the world. Ponzi crash be damned, NWO be damned, as long as their dick is longer than your dick.

They sugar coat their dick-envy with "lying to themselves" proclamations about how they will cure cancer with their gains, etc..

Not very evolved from gorillas yet are we.

There is a really funny real-life video I captured of these BitCONers:

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2013/11/16/the-fairness-study/

dadach

Activity: 365

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:25:38 AM

nah, its the non-bitcoiners that are mad as hell they missed the boat, and now trying to reinvent the light bulb. guess what, get out there and find a job, as that ship has sailed

To DA Moon!!! donations accepted >.< 38nvHaNqF5nv4ifhUyq9CChnBmRs2DSv4r
AnonyMint

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:30:29 AM

nah, its the non-bitcoiners that are mad as hell they missed the boat, and now trying to reinvent the light bulb. guess what, get out there and find a job, as that ship has sailed

You missed the video of yourself.

You think the ship has sailed because you are not a programmer of 30 years with million user hits as I have. I had more downloads in 2 years than BitCON has in 4 years. And that was 13 years ago when the internet was 10X smaller.

I am going to destroy BitCON (there is no light, it is fatally doomed as it lacks distribution) and you will buy from me.

Distribution is the key.

I am enjoying taunting you (and any other clueless neophyte billionaire such as Roger Mellon if he thinks his money can trump my algorithm).

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: