Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:37:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's going to be cute when bitcoin shatters and gets destroyed  (Read 9154 times)
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:48:48 AM

No one knows the future - but this thread looks more like a plug for emunie than anything else!
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:51:00 AM

Well , there are a few examples in history how the first thing doing something new was replaced shortly by a improved version and went mainstream.
Oh , forget about this 800/btc , it's a price it does not indicate adoption or anything else , but pure speculation.  

Sure , some new crypto could easily replace bitcoin , (or a hybrid crypto currency) if it would have features bitcoin lacks and it would catch better to the general public.
But , currently there is nothing like that on the market , so bitcoiners can stay calm.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:51:16 AM

I guess the US is one of those countries as I never registered or provided any personal information for my prepaid smartphone.   It is T-Mobile hardly "hacker elite pro" brand.

Hadn't been stateside since 2006 so I didn't know that. I assumed all were registered with an identity. Interesting. Thanks.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
AnonyMint

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:53:08 AM

But , currently there is nothing like that on the market , so bitcoiners can stay calm.

And when not if it does come on the market, they will have time to evaluate and make a decision, so still no reason to panic. They can buy what is best for them.

But the government and mass media will be heavily pushing BitCON. Because it is the NWO-outcome coin due to inadequate distribution which causes it to be a ponzi scheme which is undeniable if you think about it mathematically as I explained in great detail. No better way to bring all the governments together than to implode the wealth of the masses as they buy in at the top in every country.

If you really care about having something decentralized long-term, you will think very carefully about this, as new choices are offered to you.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
JohnyBigs (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:56:10 AM

Just like TCP/IP was killed off by ....
Just like eBay was killed off by ...
Just like x86 was killed off by ...

I already refuted that logic in the Problem With Altcoins thread at the following post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=279650.msg3515394#msg3515394

You are conflating centralized standards with decentralized currencies. The latter are not subject to centralized issues that prevent competition.

In that thread above, we entirely debunked the network efforts inertia argument for BitCON.

Please don't hurt him, he's still in the fragile denial phase.

Ok but you are too. Transaction confirmation speed is not the main problem of BitCON right now. You are barking up the wrong feature.

And your technical understanding is a bit remiss too. Although I won't rub it in.

I'm not talking about BitCoins merits as a monetary store of value, or the freedom it stands for, blah blah. That is the main problem of Bitcoin along with many others, Average people do not care about anything but speed and security, if it doesn't have both nobody will use it over their credit cards who offer both. Ohh great you can't reverse transaction in Bitcoin, so i can get scammed and no one will protect me. Win Credit Card.

The only coin that has a chance for mainstream adaption is one that provides speed and it's simple as that. Nobody will wait minutes for their purchases to be confirmed and accepted. There are many other problems but I am just speaking about mainstream adaption.
AnonyMint

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:59:08 AM

Average people do not care about anything but speed and security

Average people don't own BitCON, and by the time they do, they will be buying at the top due to simple math I explained.

BitCON is owned by technology followers, mostly male.

So you have no market for your coin with fast transactions, if you can't first get it distributed to the masses.

JohnyBigs (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:00:30 AM

And when not if it does come on the market, they will have time to evaluate and make a decision, so still no reason to panic. They can buy what is best for them.

But the government and mass media will be heavily pushing BitCON. Because it is the NWO-outcome coin due to inadequate distribution which causes it to be a ponzi scheme which is undeniable if you think about it mathematically as I explained in great detail.

If you really care about having something decentralized long-term, you will think very carefully about this, as new choices are offered to you.

It's not just Bitcoin, It's crypto currencies in general. They want a cashless society, but they want control over it. The future is not Bitcoin, and unfortunately not eMunie either. The future will probably be a one world government issued digital coin, which won't be anonymous and will be controlled, in every aspect. You think they want some clowns who mined bitcoins on their CPU computers to be worth billions one day?

They will just transfer the current bank balances into an inflationary crypto currency to make the rich richer and the poor poorer.
AnonyMint

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:03:03 AM

But the government and mass media will be heavily pushing BitCON. Because it is the NWO-outcome coin due to inadequate distribution which causes it to be a ponzi scheme which is undeniable if you think about it mathematically as I explained in great detail.

It's not just Bitcoin, It's crypto currencies in general. They want a cashless society, but they want control over it. The future is not Bitcoin, and unfortunately not eMunie either. The future will probably be a one world government issued digital coin, which won't be anonymous and will be controlled, in every aspect. You think they want some clowns who mined bitcoins on their CPU computers to be worth billions one day?

They will just transfer the current bank balances into an inflationary crypto currency to make the rich richer and the poor poorer.

But there is a way we can win. We have to fix some things in BitCON.

It is easy to transition BitCON to the government coin. I have laid out several senarios, including the ponzi crash, the Transactions Withholding Attack, and another researcher the selfish-mining attack (which I pointed out can be combined with the pool-share-withholding-attack to make it resistent to the kind of retorts that Gavin is making).

All of these issues and more can be fixed.

But BitCON can't fix some, and won't fix others.

JohnyBigs (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:08:15 AM

Average people don't own BitCON, and by the time they do, they will be buying at the top due to simple math I explained.

So you have no market for your coin with fast transactions, if you can't first get it distributed to the masses.

You will have the whole Bitcoin market which is growing, and the whole crypto currency market which will become the future of currency, especially now in the beginning stages. Think about all the people who use Facebook credits it's the same thing basically. They convert their money into credits/gems/whatever to purchase in game items. There are millions of people who do so every day, they don't think twice about it. They do it because it's simple and fast, it doesn't take them 1 hour to receive their credits.

The market will start off with technology followers, and then once people see the coin is actually useful for real transactions, it will continue to grow, among the other merits that they deem positive about it.
AnonyMint

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:09:40 AM

You will have the whole Bitcoin market which is growing, and the whole crypto currency market which will become the future of currency, especially now in the beginning stages. Think about all the people who use Facebook credits it's the same thing basically. They convert their money into credits/gems/whatever to purchase in game items. There are millions of people who do so every day, they don't think twice about it. They do it because it's simple and fast, it doesn't take them 1 hour to receive their credits.

The market will start off with technology followers, and then once people see the coin is actually useful for real transactions, it will continue to grow, among the other merits that they deem positive about it.

Nevertheless the fractional BTC owners who only want to transact won't comprise 1% (much less 10%) of the market cap any time soon. So they don't stop the ponzi outcome.

We need serious distribution.

JohnyBigs (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:10:35 AM

But there is a way we can win. We have to fix some things in BitCON.

It is easy to transition BitCON to the government coin. I have laid out several senarios, including the ponzi crash, the Transactions Withholding Attack, and another researcher the selfish-mining attack (which I pointed out can be combined with the pool-share-withholding-attack to make it resistent to the kind of retorts that Gavin is making).

All of these issues and more can be fixed.

But BitCON can't fix some, and won't fix others.

But that is the thing it doesn't matter if Bitcoin gets fixed. If they can't takeover Bitcoin, they will just make their own coin and replace it.
JohnyBigs (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:12:41 AM

Nevertheless the fractional BTC owners who only want to transact won't comprise 1% of the market cap any time soon. So they don't stop the ponzi outcome.

We need serious distribution.

Of course nobody is saying it will happen overnight, none of the new companies who replaced the old ones, did it over night it took a few years. Yes Bitcoin is a true ponzi, just like many others.
AnonyMint

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:13:30 AM

But that is the thing it doesn't matter if Bitcoin gets fixed. If they can't takeover Bitcoin, they will just make their own coin and replace it.

Who is they?

AnonyMint

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:15:37 AM

Of course nobody is saying it will happen overnight, none of the new companies who replaced the old ones, did it over night it took a few years. Yes Bitcoin is a true ponzi, just like many others.

But it will need to grow 100X per year, so 10X faster than the Bit.

So quite fast, yet small fast growing phenomena appear to be small still for a while.

And this won't be easy. Certainly instant confirmed transactions is not the feature that will do it. Be nice to have one day sure.

And closed source is already an indication it won't be that coin.

Agreed that things could be made much less confusing with transactions. It is really stupid when I pay from localbitcoins, it sends me to BitPay, but then I click and nothing happens. Then I send from localbitcoins, then I reload the BitPay and it says completed. What average facebook user (or grandma) would ever figure that out.

MikeyVeez

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:18:52 AM

Who is they?

The powers that rule the world whatever name you would like to give them.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
MikeyVeez

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:21:41 AM

But it will need to grow 100X per year, so 10X faster than the Bit.

So quite fast, yet small fast growing phenomena appear to be small still for a while.

And this won't be easy. Certainly instant confirmed transactions is not the feature that will do it. Be nice to have one day sure.

And closed source is already an indication it won't be that coin.

For eMunie there are many more features, peer to peer messaging, later on a decentralized exchange, its only closed source in the beginning when it grows so people don't just clone it, it will then become open source once it has been established. Not to mention other features interest, anti hoarding, no 51% attack, there is so much. A white paper should be coming soon from the dev.

We the beta testers pushed the developer to keep it closed source, just because clones would appear instantly.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
AnonyMint

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:22:20 AM

Who is they?

The powers that rule the world whatever name you would like to give them.

Oic. They can't if the coin has already pervasive distribution. They can with the Bit, because it doesn't and when it does, it will be the bubble peak in price, because the masses come in last and suffer most.

AnonyMint

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:23:27 AM

How does eMunie solve distribution?

SocialistCoin won't fly either. Has to be based on capitalism.

Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:25:59 AM

We the beta testers pushed the developer to keep it closed source, just because clones would appear instantly.

The only reason why clones could be a problem is when your are only in it to profit from a early adopter advantage.

If that's the Goal of the majority of Beta Testers, that's not really an Argument for a currency.  Undecided

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
MikeyVeez

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:26:37 AM

How does eMunie solve distribution?

Anony I am not the slightest person to ask these things haha. Join the forum and speak to the dev, as I mentioned before a white paper will come out before launch.

There are also some emunie threads in the alt coin section.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: