Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:07:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's going to be cute when bitcoin shatters and gets destroyed  (Read 9154 times)
Loki8

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:14:08 AM

Can we ignore this until its out in the open?

I read somewhere something about paying for access to this and that the creator tries to control the price fluctuaction.
Could someone specify on that ?

Bitcoin was open-source from the very beginning of its distribution, think about that and come back when emunie is a thing...

eMunie seems great and much better than bitcoin but I personally won't invest in a coin where nobody can see the source code and know if decentralization, security and privacy are respected. It's a high-risk for investors if security vulnerabilities are found later. Anyway I hope the dev will change his mind.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dadach

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:22:31 AM

Can we ignore this until its out in the open?

I read somewhere something about paying for access to this and that the creator tries to control the price fluctuaction.
Could someone specify on that ?

Bitcoin was open-source from the very beginning of its distribution, think about that and come back when emunie is a thing...

eMunie seems great and much better than bitcoin but I personally won't invest in a coin where nobody can see the source code and know if decentralization, security and privacy are respected. It's a high-risk for investors if security vulnerabilities are found later. Anyway I hope the dev will change his mind.

yup, much better to stay away from stuff like that. like i said, btc is one of a kind. end of story.

To DA Moon!!! donations accepted >.< 38nvHaNqF5nv4ifhUyq9CChnBmRs2DSv4r
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:47:09 AM

I am going to destroy BitCON (there is no light, it is fatally doomed as it lacks distribution) and you will buy from me.

*** Quote archived for future entertainment purposes. ***

Sorry to burst your ego, but your not the first one to make that claim.
Hint; think Solidcoin.  Cheesy

digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 12:56:19 PM

Guys , I kinda feel like you are ganging up on me here ?

I know this game isnt over , I was just asking a question , are we not all working towards the same general end point ?

Lets be more friendly towards me.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 01:04:50 PM

There are better designs , they're already made , id say the reason BTC is rising is in part due to that .

Oh so you have your own altthingy now (Nybble?), so you bag on the others?

Anony Anony Anony , why all this belligerence ? 

Im not bagging I was asking did he get out at 150 $ and is he angry about that ? Thats all ?

If you have a design id love to see it , I know you are a guy with some talent .

* thanks for the correct spelling

: D

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
dadach

Activity: 365

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 01:07:15 PM

There are better designs , they're already made , id say the reason BTC is rising is in part due to that .

Oh so you have your own altthingy now (Nybble?), so you bag on the others?

Anony Anony Anony , why all this belligerence ? 

Im not bagging I was asking did he get out at 150 $ and is he angry about that ? Thats all ?

If you have a design id love to see it , I know you are a guy with some talent .

* thanks for the correct spelling

: D

hes an uber programmer with gazillion hits in mozilla netscape time, and he had to cash out at 150$...business must be slow Cheesy

To DA Moon!!! donations accepted >.< 38nvHaNqF5nv4ifhUyq9CChnBmRs2DSv4r
cryptrol

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 01:58:28 PM

Because wait please explain to me the benefit of waiting 30 hours to make sure my order is confirmed instead of a few seconds using a credit card? Anonymity!! Guess what when bitcoin becomes "mainstream" which it never will for the very fact that it takes forever to confirm any normal transaction.

A zero confirmation transaction whose inputs are practically instantaneously validated against the blockchain is already beneficial to a merchant beyond any service VISA or any other payment system offers, because the credit card transaction is reversible at any time within a month. Waiting for the confirmations only protects against an attempted double-spend attack, which only is relevant in the real world proportional to the amount of money being spent.

I re-iterate, credit cards are already inferior to Bitcoin for point-of-sale transactions without ANY confirmations whatsoever.

I just wanted to quote this from the first page. I stopped reading from there because this above perfectly explains why cryptocurrency (most probably bitcoin) will take over the world.
Arksun

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 05:35:04 PM

Got out at 150 $  ?

I finally figured out why BitCONers get so defensive about an altcoin becoming successful.

Ignorant gloating combined with fear and jealously! They want their place in the hierarchy of the ponzi scheme is static, i.e. who ever bought after them is lower than them on the totem pole.

This is just male dick size all over again.

They aren't really serious about changing the world. Ponzi crash be damned, NWO be damned, as long as their dick is longer than your dick.

They sugar coat their dick-envy with "lying to themselves" proclamations about how they will cure cancer with their gains, etc..

Not very evolved from gorillas yet are we.

There is a really funny real-life video I captured of these BitCONers:

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2013/11/16/the-fairness-study/

Really? because the impression I got in this thread was some guy writing in a childish attacking way going on about how useless Bitcoins are and there's this wonder replacement currency thats going to destroy it, whilst making lots of additional posts insulting people, ie the reverse of what you just wrote.

Maybe Johny is right, maybe eMunie or some variant will take over as the primary cryptocurrency of the world!, but right now that is pure speculation, and if he was mature enough he'd realise that and not post in such a way as to embarrass himself coming across like a 12 year old, in that respect he does himself no favours.  Seems mature discussions are a rarity on this board.

As of right now this is what we know, Bitcoin is proven, its already widely used around the world way more than any other crypto currency, its not without its flaws (transaction times aren't always the most stable), but we know it works and is pretty damn solid.
eMunie, well its still in the alpha stage imho, its very unproven and far to early stages to really form an opinion on.

Only time will tell if Bitcoin rules surpeme, it has the edge in acceptance and the mainstream media spreading the word about.  VHS beat Betamax after all and VHS was the inferior product.  Anybody right now who claims to know absolutely for sure if Bitcoin will win, fail, or maintain its own niche market is doing nothing more than guessing, because no-one knows, its still far too early to say.

Way I look at it, even if something like eMunie turned out to be rock solid and accepted as the new standard, people will still use Bitcoins and hold value in them for private person to person transactions around the world for very low fees. I don't see it as a threat, and welcome advances, as well as any advances to the Bitcoin code to further improve that too.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
MikeyVeez

Activity: 896
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 07:06:18 PM

Have to love the mods on this forum, they allow rampant scams yet they move this thread which is a general discussion about bitcoin failing because people started to talk about alt coims lol.

Also, another reason why emunie or other alt coins will destroy bitcoin is they dont require thousands of dollars for asics and cpus. eMunie's most important hardware requirement is fast hard drives. You can basically run a system that will last you a few years with your old desktop on top of that you're only wasting like 70watts at the wall.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Arksun

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 07:21:12 PM

Have to love the mods on this forum, they allow rampant scams yet they move this thread which is a general discussion about bitcoin failing because people started to talk about alt coims lol.

Also, another reason why emunie or other alt coins will destroy bitcoin is they dont require thousands of dollars for asics and cpus. eMunie's most important hardware requirement is fast hard drives. You can basically run a system that will last you a few years with your old desktop on top of that you're only wasting like 70watts at the wall.

If it lives up to all hits hype, then great, something that offers lighting fast transactions, is completely secure and uses far less power in the long term would be wonderful. But it has a looong long way to go judging by its forum, some rather critical security issues to overcome too:

http://forum.emunie.com/index.php/topic/344-wallet-manipulation/

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
nanonano

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 07:34:48 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2013, 07:54:11 PM by nanonano

Ripple lols no, I'll give you the name so you can keep a look out for it on the alt currency thread, or even stop by to the site.

eMunie, you can join the people and get involved at forum.emunie.com

So, It's closed source. The white paper was already "coming soon" in June. Explanations of how e.g. distribution or verifier trust works on the forum are both complex and hand-wavy at the same time. Some examples of that:
[Trust calculation] Currently works on transaction volume & emu volume with an average transaction processing performance over time. Ping ponging transactions between controlled clients/hatchers is detected by Stochastic and Markov models that are using in AI application to spot seeming random patterns
new eMu is created in the system due to a direct demand signal from the system. That demand signal is generated by the p2p exchange when someone wants to acquire eMu but there are not enough sellers available within a determined spread (~10%) of the current system buy price to honor the deal. At this point the system will create new supply and spread that around the system as per the system rules (hatching earnings)

Now, I'm sure you can find similarly vague posts about bitcoin on this forum. The difference is that intelligent people did not get enthusiastic about Bitcoin because of those messages, but because of A) Satoshis easy to understand yet complete whitepaper and possibly B) by looking at the source code.

So I'm curious, how exactly did you decide emunie is the real deal?
JohnyBigs (OP)

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:04:58 PM

Ripple lols no, I'll give you the name so you can keep a look out for it on the alt currency thread, or even stop by to the site.

eMunie, you can join the people and get involved at forum.emunie.com

So, It's closed source. The white paper was already "coming soon" in June. Explanations of how e.g. distribution or verifier trust works on the forum are both complex and hand-wavy at the same time. Some examples of that:
[Trust calculation] Currently works on transaction volume & emu volume with an average transaction processing performance over time. Ping ponging transactions between controlled clients/hatchers is detected by Stochastic and Markov models that are using in AI application to spot seeming random patterns
new eMu is created in the system due to a direct demand signal from the system. That demand signal is generated by the p2p exchange when someone wants to acquire eMu but there are not enough sellers available within a determined spread (~10%) of the current system buy price to honor the deal. At this point the system will create new supply and spread that around the system as per the system rules (hatching earnings)

Now, I'm sure you can find similarly vague posts about bitcoin on this forum. The difference is that intelligent people did not get enthusiastic about Bitcoin because of those messages, but because of A) Satoshis easy to understand yet complete whitepaper and possibly B) by looking at the source code.

So I'm curious, how exactly did you decide emunie is the real deal?

By having general trust in a real person, not Satoshi an anonymous enigma. A year or so later when it's open source you can go and read the code. I'm not excited about vague or overly technical infomration, what I'm excited about is instant transaction, messaging, exchange, no expensive hardware, no 51% attack, and all the other massive features.
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:17:08 PM

I am okay with skepticism. I was trying to explain why you all felt it necessary to taunt him about your superior profits. Yeah his technical arguments were flawed and he is novice, but he is just expressing an opinion. You can argue facts without the whipping out the dick measuring tape.

That is why I taunted you so you would know how unproductive, mindless, and childish that tit-for-tat is.

What is amazing (well not) is how bitCONers will put themselves in prison just because the better altcoin hasn't arrived yet.

But exponential ponzi gains driving dopamine spikes atrophies the brain, so it is easy to understand their lack of research and self-discipline.

In any case, we will all be happier (in a long-term stable way) and better off once that altcoin comes. And it won't be very long from now, probably before Xmas.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
JohnyBigs (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:25:47 PM

I am okay with skepticism. I was trying to explain why you all felt it necessary to taunt him about your superior profits.

That is why I taunted you so you would know how unproductive, mindless, and childish that tit-for-tat is.

What is amazing (well not) is how bitCONers will put themselves in prison just because the better altcoin hasn't arrived yet.

But exponential ponzi gains driving dopamine spikes atrophies the brain, so it is easy to understand their lack of research and self-discipline.

In any case, we will all be happier and better off once that altcoin comes. And it won't be very long from now, probably before Xmas.

Because Fanboys have shatterable egos, ask all the Apple fanboys. They get massive butthurt when you speak against their "precious" and as a typical blind fanboy instead of coming up with proper arguments, they go for attacks on the individual, as doing so makes the words written less true in their brains infected with butthurt lol.

Please feel free to fill-out the butthurt form and submit:

nanonano

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:26:39 PM

By having general trust in a real person, not Satoshi an anonymous enigma.

Right. I saw that on the forums, people seem to trust the word of this developer without any external confirmation... RealSolid and solidcoin come to mind.

A year or so later when it's open source you can go and read the code. I'm excited about is instant transaction, messaging, exchange, no expensive hardware, no 51% attack, and all the other massive features.
Sure, those sound interesting. It's just that it's harder to actually implement them than it is to claim to have implemented them. With this sort of info I would personally _never_ invest money or or time on something like this but I wish you guys all the best.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:28:15 PM

I am going to destroy BitCON (there is no light, it is fatally doomed as it lacks distribution) and you will buy from me.

So your new altcoin is going to be centralised then?

JohnyBigs (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:29:32 PM

By having general trust in a real person, not Satoshi an anonymous enigma.

Right. I saw that on the forums, people seem to trust the word of this developer without any external confirmation... RealSolid and solidcoin come to mind.

A year or so later when it's open source you can go and read the code. I'm excited about is instant transaction, messaging, exchange, no expensive hardware, no 51% attack, and all the other massive features.
Sure, those sound interesting. It's just that it's harder to actually implement them than it is to claim to have implemented them. With this sort of info I would personally _never_ invest money or or time on something like this but I wish you guys all the best.

You don't need to invest any money, have an old desktop computer that you use? Laptop? Just run the client and make some coin. End of the day if it turns out it's a horrendous scam/fail, didn't lose much besides some electricity.
wormbog

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:53:19 PM

Overview for the impatient:

• website links all broken
  • no client available for download
  • vague tech with no verification due to closed-source
  • aggressive, childish boosters attempting to build buzz
  • stupid name

Sounds great, where do I send my money?  Grin

Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2013, 08:58:38 PM

• stupid name

Real overview for the impatient:

None of the above points matter because

1. Client is more important than a website for un-released software
2. Client is still in development
3. Tech talk is vague because its been an evolution, I invited anyone to ask questions only a week ago, no one bothered
4. You think these guys are aggressive?  Wait until I get started with the real campaign
5. Opinions matter, most vary, some count, yours doesn't.

You are riding a train that is coming to the end of the line....yes I know there have been claims of grandeur before and most don't deliver.  I do...ALWAYS,   Whether you use eMunie or not is up to you, but please don't insult me by judging the pie before you've tasted it.

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
JohnyBigs (OP)

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 08:59:21 PM

• stupid name

The thread wasn't even about eMunie, until people kept asking about an example of a coin. That's cute you making general statements without knowing anything.
Website Links all broken no client download?!! Really??!! Why would there be a client download if it's in beta not ready? If you want a beta download feel free to join the forum and become a beta tester.

Sounds like a troll lol
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: