Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:37:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mtgox, Bitstamp "Let's calm down": 700, 550$. China "I don't give a fuck": 900$.  (Read 6495 times)
zendantom

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 11:50:34 PM

If fiat was as easy to move as bitcoin, the exchanges would all be trading at the exact same price...

It's a sales pitch built into the speculation game. Wink

True, it only shows how Bitcoin is usefull, not only speculative investment

SuperHakka

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:06:14 AM

cokey dokey, tomorrow I will attempt the bitstamp-btcchina arbitrage. I will buy a small amount of btc in bitstamp. send the btc over to btcchina to fund my account there. then sell the btc at $300 markup. withdraw the RMB to a Chinese bank account (ICBC). here the money stops for now as I figure out a way to bring it out of the country. i think the best way would be to do a bank transfer to their local branch here in the UK  but i don't know if that is allowed and how much the personal quota is. wish me luck!!

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1013

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:09:54 AM

bitcoinBull, XRP have all the same properties as BTC (no counterparty risk, limited in amount, pseudonymous). If we are going to use Ripple, why not switch to XRP entirely? Don't forget that Bitcoins within the Ripple system are merely IOUs issued by exchanges, only XRP can be held without counterparty risk, so they are inherently inferior.

I don't understand that.
Betamax had such great color and sound too.

AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:18:10 AM

How the heck do I get a mainland Chinese bank account! (Honk Kong is doable, but not mainland for me ATM).

Come now, lets crack this nut somehow.
SuperHakka

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:20:28 AM

How the heck do I get a mainland Chinese bank account! (Honk Kong is doable, but not mainland for me ATM).

Its a little bit difficult I would imagine. lucky somebody in my family already has one so i am using that one. btcchina only give the choice of withdrawing funds into a choice of 4 mainland Chinese banks and a service called TenPay which don't know anything about.

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
AndrewWilliams

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:23:26 AM

Interesting. Are any of the four Chinese banks also in Hong Kong?

I can see an account being opened in Hong Kong easily if a branch exists there.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:23:59 AM

Simple you get a visa to enter China on business, hop on a flight and you open an account in person.  Of course that still doesn't allow you to convert your Yuan into USD or move it out of the country.
AndrewWilliams

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:31:09 AM

Simple you get a visa to enter China on business, hop on a flight and you open an account in person.  Of course that still doesn't allow you to convert your Yuan into USD or move it out of the country.

I would be on that plane tomorrow LOL, but - yeah, I was thinking more along the terms of wire transfer out of the Chinese bank account once I open it.

But I do not think it would be so easy to open a mainland Chinese bank account. Do they even follow US FACTA laws??
SuperHakka

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:31:51 AM

Interesting. Are any of the four Chinese banks also in Hong Kong?

I can see an account being opened in Hong Kong easily if a branch exists there.

banks are:
ICBC
Agricultural Bank of China
China Construction Bank
Bank of China
China Merchants Bank

I would have thought all of them have branches in HK.

Just thought of another idea. I know ICBC and Bank of China have branches in UK. Also very recently they started offering accounts in RMB. Maybe open one and then could btc china withdraw to that account?

AndrewWilliams

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:34:41 AM

banks are:
ICBC
Agricultural Bank of China
China Construction Bank
Bank of China
China Merchants Bank

I would have thought all of them have branches in HK.

Just thought of another idea. I know ICBC and Bank of China have branches in UK. Also very recently they started offering accounts in RMB. Maybe open one and then could btc china withdraw to that account?

Thanks for listing them.

I am going to make some calls tomorrow and see how easy it is for an American to open a bank account with any of the four.
I doubt they will let me open one via fax (they may though). Worst case scenario it's a plane trip to UK to open an account in person.

Chances are, if those two operate in the UK, they MUST follow US banking laws and they would be open to taking American clients.
beaconpcguru

Activity: 189

Hello

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:35:48 AM

Someone needs to remind China they should be panic selling Smiley  They are just letting their bids get filled, nobody scared over there
AndrewWilliams

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:41:33 AM

Found the answer:

"Do You Need a Chinese Bank Account?"
Wall St Journal 1-14-2011

As The Wall Street Journal's Lingling Wei reported Wednesday, the Bank of China here in the U.S. has started allowing American customers to open an account and to invest up to $4,000 per day—and a total of $20,000 a year—in Chinese yuan, or renminbi. Until now, you had few options to hold money in yuan, which is a "closed" currency managed, and protected, by Beijing.

The bank has three U.S. branches—two in New York, and one in Los Angeles. You'll have to fill out paperwork to open an account and provide two forms of ID. And there's a minimum deposit of $500.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052748704307404576080222812076888

http://consumerist.com/2011/01/19/you-can-now-open-a-chinese-bank-account-and-invest-directly-in-yuan/

KA-CHING!
gotmilk_

Activity: 442
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:45:57 AM

Nice!
Somewhere I read that MtGox withdraws in JPY for domestic banks are working fine. Is that true?
AndrewWilliams

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 12:55:21 AM

Nice!
Somewhere I read that MtGox withdraws in JPY for domestic banks are working fine. Is that true?

I found this about opening a Japanese bank account (below).

But to be honest Mt. Gox is such a crap box I would not rely on them to make timely payments, even with a Japanese account. Reading all the horror stories of waiting for withdraws is stressful enough!

Also, it seems more complicated.

You may find that foreign-capital banks (gaishi ginko), like Citibank and Shinsei Bank, are more willing to open an account for resident foreigners than normal Japanese banks. You can also get extra service like English helpline and statements.

You can open an account at a Japanese Bank and open an account at Lloyds bank by mailing the application form to them - no money deposits are required. Once in place, you can tranfer money from your japanese banks to USA through them just by using the ATM. They charge 2000yen per transaction; about 500 yen will be charged by japanese bank and $10 by intermediatary bank (happens to be Wells Fargo). So, You will spend about $4000 yen in transfers. Relatively more convenient if you dont live in Tokyo or Osaka.

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/japan-expat-forum-expats-living-japan/49187-opening-bank-account-japan.html
gotmilk_

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:05:24 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2013, 01:28:00 AM by gotmilk_

Thank you! Really helpfull  Smiley
I found this on Mtgox site (updated on 8.11.2013).

Polish Domestic Transfer (PLN)
* Deposits
Bank details: Provided to verified Mt.Gox accounts on our website

Please do not send two transfers of equal amounts on the same day to us as it could result in only one deposit being credited.

* Withdrawals
Please make sure to enter YOUR address in the form, and not your bank's address. A fee of 0.5 PLN applies for each withdrawal request.

Japanese Domestic Transfer (JPY)
We've formed a new banking relationship formed with JapanNet Bank, and as a result Mt. Gox customers in Japan must make all domestic Japanese Yen (JPY) deposits to our JapanNet Bank account.

* Deposits
Additionally, all JPY deposits are credited to accounts within one hour when transferred from your bank between 9am and 3pm on banking days. Deposits made from JapanNet Bank accounts can be processed 24/7.

Processing Fee: Free, except for fees charged by your own bank

* Withdrawals
All JPY withdrawals placed before 4pm Tokyo time on banking days are now processed the following banking day, and will be sent from our JapanNet Bank account.

Processing Fee:
Withdrawals to JapanNet Bank accounts:
-52 JPY

Withdrawals to all other domestic accounts:
 - 168 JPY for all amounts up to 30,000 JPY
 - 262 JPY for all amounts from 30,000 JPY and above

I will send them a ticket now, if the JPY or PLN withdraws are working without delays... if they do i will find the nearest japanese/polish bank  Smiley

ps. I'm from Europe, I think the thing here shouldn't be so complicated.
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:16:48 AM

Thank you! Really helpfull  Smiley
I fount this on Mtgox site (updated on 8.11.2013).

Polish Domestic Transfer (PLN)
* Deposits
Bank details: Provided to verified Mt.Gox accounts on our website

Please do not send two transfers of equal amounts on the same day to us as it could result in only one deposit being credited.

* Withdrawals
Please make sure to enter YOUR address in the form, and not your bank's address. A fee of 0.5 PLN applies for each withdrawal request.

Japanese Domestic Transfer (JPY)
We've formed a new banking relationship formed with JapanNet Bank, and as a result Mt. Gox customers in Japan must make all domestic Japanese Yen (JPY) deposits to our JapanNet Bank account.

* Deposits
Additionally, all JPY deposits are credited to accounts within one hour when transferred from your bank between 9am and 3pm on banking days. Deposits made from JapanNet Bank accounts can be processed 24/7.

Processing Fee: Free, except for fees charged by your own bank

* Withdrawals
All JPY withdrawals placed before 4pm Tokyo time on banking days are now processed the following banking day, and will be sent from our JapanNet Bank account.

Processing Fee:
Withdrawals to JapanNet Bank accounts:
-52 JPY

Withdrawals to all other domestic accounts:
 - 168 JPY for all amounts up to 30,000 JPY
 - 262 JPY for all amounts from 30,000 JPY and above

I will send them a ticket now, if the JPY or PLN withdraws are working without delays... if they do i will find the nearest japanese/polish bank  Smiley

ps. I'm from Europe, I think the thing here shouldn't be so complicated.

Especially Polish. Poland is part of the EU, so any European citizen should be able to open a Polish bank account.
Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:20:21 AM

what i heard is that you need to live in China or Japan for at least a specific time to open bank accounts  Undecided
gotmilk_

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:22:49 AM

Especially Polish. Poland is part of the EU, so any European citizen should be able to open a Polish bank account.
Exactly! Hope for the best  Grin

AndrewWilliams

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:24:32 AM

Xero, try reading a few posts above.

Yall let me know how it goes with Mt Gox and the Polish or Japanese accounts.

I'm going to work on the Chinese bank thing  Wink
Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 01:51:27 AM

Xero, try reading a few posts above.
yeah im investigating that stuff myself since a time too
i understood you can open a HSBC acc as US citizen, but im from Europe
however the other question is if you get a chinese bank account too and can do Yto$ or $toY only
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: