Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:45:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [HAVELOCK] (HIF) Havelock Investments Fund  (Read 70063 times)
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:47:02 AM

You're confused.  
If you would happily hand over millions of dollars to a Panamanian shelf company without even knowing the name of the guy who's taking it from you...  I'm sorry to say you're the "clueless 'financial expert'" you claim this forum is full of.

It pains me to see the quality of bitcoin cons fall to such jaw-dropping lows, but i will not stop you from giving away your coin.
Peace.

Neo&Bee is probably most established crypto stock right now and they can vouch for these guys, as I was saying. You can pick up the phone and call them. I don't think they'd shy away for giving out their names. Remind me again what's one of best selling stocks in here? Who's friedcat? Do you know who he is? Can you call him on the phone? I rest my case. Smiley

I didn't buy their stock so I didn't really look into it in detail. What I'm saying should give you pause because you'll probably end up looking foolish when more info surfaces about these guys.

Lol, you actually worry about me looking foolish on the off chance this proves *not* to be a scam?
If you're investing to make yourself look clever, you're doing it wrong Cheesy
As far as who's friedcat:  He's the guy whose stock i'm happy as shit i ain't holdin'. It tanked Sad

Do you do anything besides create FUD?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lewicki

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:47:21 AM

Name one legit, profitable, legal company that has been around for more than a year that runs anonymously.
Name one legal financial company that remains open for more than a year and runs anonymously.

If this was a legal business, there would be an "about us" page with photos of the people who should be proud to running a legal bitcoin securities exchange.
jimmothy

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:48:59 AM

Name one legit, profitable, legal company that has been around for more than a year that runs anonymously.

If this was a legal shop, there would be an "about us" page with photos of the people who should be proud to running a legal bitcoin securities exchange.

Asicminer. Case closed. Not to mention havelock has been around for more than a year and runs anonymously... Although I suppose it is no longer anonymous as it was aquired by the panama fund which has to be registered to someones name.
lewicki

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 01:51:43 AM

Asicminer. Case closed. Not to mention havelock has been around for more than a year and runs anonymously... Although I suppose it is no longer anonymous as it was aquired by the panama fund which has to be registered to someones name.

Sorry, but I have not and will not invest in a company that runs anonymously; or at least isn't proud enough to show their name(s) on their website. If you are in China, you might have to be anonymous or you might get canned like coingarden. Is this true in Panama?

I believe the Neo&Bee guys publicly said here on forum they personally know all the Panama Fund guys and that they can vouch for them basically. That should be enough for most people here. Not sure about making their real life info public but don't think that would be a problem for them.

I've read this too. However I'd still feel comfortable if they disclosed who they are.

Does the Panama Fund have a company address/registration #?
Does Havelock have a business address/registration #?
jimmothy

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:00:01 AM

Sorry, but I have not and will not invest in a company that runs anonymously; or at least isn't proud enough to show their name(s) on their website.

How is this not concerning?

A major feature of bitcoin is the fact that you can operate anonymously. AM since day one said they would be operating anonymously and investors knew this. Turns out AM was a hugely profitable company even though it is run anonymously.

My point is that anonymity is an option in the bitcoin world. We have seen through past experience that havelock and asicminer can both deliver without the need for names.

A major problem with having an exchange that is not run anonymously is the fact that you will need to comply with SEC regulations or they will come knocking eventually.

Also we know how hard it is to confirm identities on the internet and easy to fake them. Take a look at labcoin. A supposedly registered company under the name sam noi which many now believe is not a real person.

Yes. Panama fund has been a registered exchange in panama since 2006 if I remember correctly.
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:04:29 AM

If Havelock was indeed sold, it goes to reason that the new owner != the old owner.  The new owner, a Panamanian shelf company, has no track record here.  So your allusion to "more than a year" is simply nonsense.  And jimmothy, since you obviously know nothing about The Panama Fund, why the attitude?
lewicki

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:06:33 AM

A major problem with having an exchange that is not run anonymously is the fact that you will need to comply with SEC regulations or they will come knocking eventually.

But they say that they are legal.
The Panama Fund is a registered licensed Private Investment company that follows the regulations required in the jurisdiction in which we operate.
We worked hard with local regulators to find a Legal way to offer our Bitcoin Venture Capital Fund.
Unless new Laws are written or existing Laws are rewritten we will continue to operate as is.

What is the entirety of the legal basis for running this?
jimmothy

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:08:42 AM

If Havelock was indeed sold, it goes to reason that the new owner != the old owner.  The new owner, a Panamanian shelf company, has no track record here.  So your allusion to "more than a year" is simply nonsense.  And jimmothy, since you obviously know nothing about The Panama Fund, why the attitude?

FUD and more FUD.

Havelocks entire team merged with the panama fund team so new owner = old+new.

No track record according to that site which I have no idea what it is. It is known that panama fund is a private investment company. Meaning no public website or public trading.

Crumbs literally the only person coming up with these conspiracy theories daily is you. It is time you take a break.
jimmothy

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:10:46 AM

But they say that they are legal.
The Panama Fund is a registered licensed Private Investment company that follows the regulations required in the jurisdiction in which we operate.
We worked hard with local regulators to find a Legal way to offer our Bitcoin Venture Capital Fund.
Unless new Laws are written or existing Laws are rewritten we will continue to operate as is.

What is the entirety of the legal basis for running this?

I don't know but asking a bunch of armchair "investors" is not going to give you the right answer.

But nobody has yet to point out any evidence that they are doing anything illegal/shady. Well besides crumbs.
lewicki

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:10:50 AM

A major feature of bitcoin is the fact that you can operate anonymously. AM since day one said they would be operating anonymously and investors knew this. Turns out AM was a hugely profitable company even though it is run anonymously.

My point is that anonymity is an option in the bitcoin world. We have seen through past experience that havelock and asicminer can both deliver without the need for names.

I understand your point. I'd just be much more at ease if the legal basis for operating was divulged. You don't need one to run a mining shop.

Understand that I can't just take anyone's word for it - "Yes we are legal". Well, how?
crumbs

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:12:24 AM

Sorry, but I have not and will not invest in a company that runs anonymously; or at least isn't proud enough to show their name(s) on their website.

Also we know how hard it is to confirm identities on the internet and easy to fake them. Take a look at labcoin. A supposedly registered company under the name sam noi which many now believe is not a real person.

Yes. Panama fund has been a registered exchange in panama since 2006 if I remember correctly.

Utter nonsense.  Either you're sincerely clueless, or you're one of the hapless goofs who bought this fail hoping to flip.
Let me remind you that this is not AM.  Just because you once bought a winning lotto ticket, don't start thinking that buying lotto is a smart way of making money.
This particular lotto ticket barely pays over face value when it wins, which is never.
jimmothy

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:14:19 AM

Utter nonsense.  Either you're sincerely clueless, or you're one of the hapless goofs who bought this fail hoping to flip.
Let me remind you that this is not AM.  Just because you once bought a winning lotto ticket, don't start thinking that buying lotto is a smart way of making money.
This particular lotto ticket barely pays over face value when it wins, which is never.

You have literally no evidence that panama fund SA is not a legit company. Besides your own speculation and reasoning based on your intense googling skills.
lewicki

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:14:31 AM

This has to be taken into consideration. For every ASICMINER there have been, what, 10, 20 other securities that have failed, all of which were anonymous and had no reparations.

You have literally no evidence that panama fund SA is not a legit company. Besides your own speculation and reasoning based on your intense googling skills.

Correct, but the burden of proof is up to the company looking for investor's money.
crumbs

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:18:36 AM

FUD and more FUD.

No track record according to that site which I have no idea what it is. It is known that panama fund is a private investment company. Meaning no public website or public trading.

Crumbs literally the only person coming up with these conspiracy theories daily is you. It is time you take a break.

You don't understand what "sold" means, do you?  When you sell something, you no longer own it.  The new owner may keep you on as hired help, but he sure isn't going to consult your ethics.  I'm afraid the track record's gone.  Under new management.

I'm far from alone in calling this a scam -- Deprived voiced a similar sentiment, offhand Smiley  Consider reading more than just the last post before typing.
jimmothy

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:22:43 AM

This has to be taken into consideration. For every ASICMINER there have been, what, 10, 20 other securities that have failed, all of which were anonymous and had no reparations.

Correct, but the burden of proof is up to the company looking for investor's money.

If you want more proof a good place to start would be havelock account: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=64492;sa=showPosts

You will notice how many conspiracy theories from crumbs that havelock has had to put to rest. It is no surprise that people like friedcat don't waste all their time answering endless amount of already answered questions.

Also if you want you can even call them at Telephone International/Panama: +507-832-2461

Or you could even visit their offices if you happen to be in panama. Crumbs should go fly down there and put the FUD to rest.

The Panama Fund, SA has been registered and licensed since 2008 with Superintendencia del Mercado de Valores (English: Superintendency of Securities Market)  as a Sociedades de Inversión Privadas (English: Private Investment Company).
http://www.supervalores.gob.pa/files/Sociedades/Sociedades_Inversion_Privada_DRA.pdf
crumbs

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:24:31 AM

You're pitiably naive if you think that it's reasonable to give your money to strangers unless i prove, to your satisfaction, that they are scammers.  Most adults play thing differently -- they don't hand over their money *until the company proves its legitimacy*.
But hey -- buy buy buy Smiley
jimmothy

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:25:29 AM

FUD and more FUD.

You don't understand what "sold" means, do you?  When you sell something, you no longer own it.  The new owner may keep you on as hired help, but he sure isn't going to consult your ethics.  I'm afraid the track record's gone.  Under new management.

I'm far from alone in calling this a scam -- Deprived voiced a similar sentiment, offhand Smiley  Consider reading more than just the last post before typing.

I don't even need to respond to your conspiracy theories. Anyone can just look at havelocks post history and count the number of your conspiracy theories he has had to respond to.

I would just love to know what exactly you do here in the securities forum? You clearly don't invest in any of these companies because to you they are all scams.
jimmothy

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:27:37 AM

You're pitiably naive if you think that it's reasonable to give your money to strangers unless i prove, to your satisfaction, that they are scammers.  Most adults play thing differently -- they don't hand over their money *until the company proves its legitimacy*.

I dare you to go down to panama and visit their offices like havelock suggested you do. You will probably find a registered private exchange doing exactly everything havelock said. Or you would find an empty office and their "scam" would collapse. Either way you wont do it because you would much rather use your "reasoning".
crumbs

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:33:19 AM

FUD and more FUD.

I don't even need to respond to your conspiracy theories. Anyone can just look at havelocks post history and count the number of your conspiracy theories he has had to respond to.

I would just love to know what exactly you do here in the securities forum? You clearly don't invest in any of these companies because to you they are all scams.

Jimmothy, i hate repeating this, but you insist:
Thus far, if you have invested in bitcoin securities, you are either deeply regretting it, or you're a raving lunatic. I want scammers and idiots to stop shitting up my bitcoin. I'm tired of being embarrassed to admit to being a bitcoiner.  I'm tired of people assuming that i'm someone ... like you.
crumbs

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 02:37:40 AM

I dare you to go down to panama and visit their offices like havelock suggested you do. You will probably find a registered private exchange doing exactly everything havelock said. Or you would find an empty office and their "scam" would collapse. Either way you wont do it because you would much rather use your "reasoning".

Jimothy, you just don't understand how life works.  The burden of proof is always on the guy with his hand reaching for my pocket, not the other way around.  If you want to make the trip worth my while, pay my air fair, expenses, plus a nominal consideration for my time, please shoot me an offer.  I will consider it Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: