Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:53:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [HAVELOCK] (HIF) Havelock Investments Fund  (Read 70063 times)
velacreations

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 03:44:26 PM

People who did their due diligence figured out the company is horribly overvalued, and that the IPO was rushed.

Unless you can prove that there are 50 companies willing to pay 1 BTC/month during the next year?
Or explain how do you expect to spend 2000 BTC during 1 year?

+1

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 03:52:02 PM

... if you're not willing to get off your ass and venture away from your computer chair in your parents basement, you probably shouldn't be in the Securities forum. ...

Whoa James!  The "mom's basement" critique has been perfected in the rarefied would of international high finance Shocked
Now i see your power level is over 9000 -- ur all-pro Smiley

Since you're pitching this thing on the interwebs, home to lowly basement dwellers, might it not be a be more convenient to offer verifiable names & business records, or is a trip to Panama the best you can offer?
Can i get an addy from you, or should i just ring you once i get through customs?

Also, is tomorrow a good time to stop by?  I'll be en route to Nigeria, where a prince has invited me to verify his legitimacy.
This is all so new and exciting for me!

21 Concourse Gate. Unit 13. Ottawa, ON. K2E7S4. Feel free to stop by the old Havelock Office in Canada and say hi.  The new owners i believe have already extended that invitation to you at the new Panama office.

LOLZ!!!  James, this is your 60 75 MILLION DOLLAR operation?  Is it a *safe neighborhood*? Cheesy

thatbluedude

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 03:54:26 PM

I've been trying very hard to stay out of this, umm, "discussion", but just wanted to chime in... no, this is not troll food, so please, trolls, pay no attention.

You've all trusted Havelock Investments for over a year, you could come to our office and talk with us, you could pick up the phone and call us.. and _many_ of you did.  When the Panama Fund acquired Havelock Investments from the original owners (myself and my business partner), we made sure to vette the purchaser (who we already had a pre-existing business relationship with) and required them to have contact information available.  One of the reasons you trusted Havelock to begin with was because we were a bricks and mortar office with a real phone number at our real address manned by real people.  The same continues to apply today, whether its in Canada or Panama makes no difference.   If  you have doubt, please, call, visit the office, check out the new owners in "real life"... if you're not willing to get off your ass and venture away from your computer chair in your parents basement, you probably shouldn't be in the Securities forum.   Taking part in securities (virtual or not) always requires you to do your own due diligence... actual due diligence. not just a few google searches.

James

Well you have to admit that this whole thing looks rushed and/or sloppy. Do you have a good reason why, for example, you didn't proofread your texts? While your operation might be legit you probably agree that one can expect the share prices and company name to be correct and that errors in such things are indeed a pretty big red flag.
If you have an explantion for the unprofessional start of your ipo beyond what basically amounts to "trust us" I would love to hear it.

lightbox

Activity: 212

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 03:55:47 PM

... if you're not willing to get off your ass and venture away from your computer chair in your parents basement, you probably shouldn't be in the Securities forum. ...

Whoa James!  The "mom's basement" critique has been perfected in the rarefied would of international high finance Shocked
Now i see your power level is over 9000 -- ur all-pro Smiley

Since you're pitching this thing on the interwebs, home to lowly basement dwellers, might it not be a be more convenient to offer verifiable names & business records, or is a trip to Panama the best you can offer?
Can i get an addy from you, or should i just ring you once i get through customs?

Also, is tomorrow a good time to stop by?  I'll be en route to Nigeria, where a prince has invited me to verify his legitimacy.
This is all so new and exciting for me!

21 Concourse Gate. Unit 13. Ottawa, ON. K2E7S4. Feel free to stop by the old Havelock Office in Canada and say hi.  The new owners i believe have already extended that invitation to you at the new Panama office.

LOLZ!!!  James, this is your 60 75 MILLION DOLLAR operation?  Is it a *safe neighborhood*? Cheesy

Not _my_ operation anymore, but yes the location is very safe. Not sure what you think you can tell from a google street view.

https://www.crimereports.com/map?CRSearch=21%20concourse%20gate%20ottawa%20on

https://www.canadianbitcoins.com for quick & easy buy/sell with $CAD
Canada's Oldest Bitcoin Brokerage.  Serving Canadian Bitcoiners since 2011!
crumbs

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:04:20 PM

Not _my_ operation anymore, but yes the location is very safe. Not sure what you think you can tell from a google street view.

James, the Google Street View infused me with new confidence in your fine operation!  Plenty of parking Smiley  What's the monthly rate there, or do you pay by the week? Cheesy
P.S.  If the new owner & the company are both in Somalia Panama, why are you inviting me to Canada?  Is it a clever trap? Huh
havelock (OP)

Activity: 328

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 04:34:59 PM

http://torresdelasamericas.com/2009/?langVar=en

Torres De Las Americas
Torre A
Punta Pacifica
Republic Of Panama

Please call +507-832-2461  to make an appointment and come and visit us.

crumbs

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 04:39:50 PM

http://torresdelasamericas.com/2009/?langVar=en

Torres De Las Americas
Torre A
Punta Pacifica
Republic Of Panama

Please call +507-832-2461  to make an appointment and come and visit us.

Office number?  Or are you renting the entire tower?  Who should i ask for at the reception desk?
I asked you to spend the coin you have offered me on ramping up your game.  You obviously ignored me Angry

P.S.  You can visit me instead at the

Empire States Building
New York, New York
USA
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 01:08:51 AM

Strange, they just give us their address, knowing nobody will bother to go there, and avoid to give an answer to the real questions.
Who could have guessed!

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 01:16:17 AM

Strange, they just give us their address, knowing nobody will bother to go there, and avoid to give an answer to the real questions.
Who could have guessed!

FUD
DavidMc0

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 01:55:24 AM

FUD

There is so much uncertainty around this that doubt is quite logical, and perhaps fear if you've already invested.

More information & transparency would improve the situation. Vagueness does not.
pascal257

Activity: 493
Merit: 262

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:11:13 AM

I already asked this a couple days ago and was ignored.
Based on Havelocks response all their projected income is based on 50 funds which are "in the pipeline" for FY2014.

So I ask again, can you show us any evidence that these 50 funds exist and are not made up? You are basing your whole projection and thus your whole IPO on that. You should be able to provide some information.
DavidMc0

Activity: 50

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:26:59 AM

The IPO seems to be stalling.  Answering people's questions to justify projections & giving some verification that everything is legit would help I'm sure.

Why is this not happening when so much is at stake for the company?  It certainly isn't inspiring confidence.

I hope you can come through on this, but at the moment I'm not convinced (and nor are others, hence IPO apparently stalling).
velacreations

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 02:14:10 PM

I already asked this a couple days ago and was ignored.
Based on Havelocks response all their projected income is based on 50 funds which are "in the pipeline" for FY2014.

So I ask again, can you show us any evidence that these 50 funds exist and are not made up? You are basing your whole projection and thus your whole IPO on that. You should be able to provide some information.
+1 Non of my questions have been answered, either.

And this this IPO launched, they lost at least 1 listing, so that should be considered, too.  How many listings will be lost in 2014?

nycgoat

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 04:53:04 PM

Just as a side note (related), have you guys read the SEC response to Senator Carper's inquiry?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/184579094/Virtual-Currency-Response-LettersFederal-Agencies-Respond-to-Homeland-Security-Committee-Questions-on-Digital-Currencies

Starts on page 13.

jmft88

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 09:11:56 PM

So this IPO its almost stoped at 0.00066, I dont think it will sell at 1mB at this rate at all. At least open the trades, and you can make later another offer at market price. This its not going anywhere right now.
hobbymd

Activity: 259

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 09:45:48 PM

So this IPO its almost stoped at 0.00066, I dont think it will sell at 1mB at this rate at all. At least open the flood gates, and you can make later another offer at market price. This its not going anywhere right now.

FTFY

See the problem with opening the trades (flood gates), is that traders going to undercut the IPO price and try to make a quick flip  Grin .

I bet you gotta wait until at least the second round finishes before they open up trading

jmft88

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 09:56:16 PM

So this IPO its almost stoped at 0.00066, I dont think it will sell at 1mB at this rate at all. At least open the flood gates, and you can make later another offer at market price. This its not going anywhere right now.

FTFY

I bet you gotta wait until at least the second round finishes before they open up trading

I completely agree with you, thats what I was thinking. Because it will be tricky to do so at this stage. But I really doubt that people really are gonna commit to buying at 1mb, if this stage closes and they dont open the trades, or give any more information.
pascal257

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:50:49 PM

As far as I know the IPO is only sucessful if all 4 rounds are sold.
canuckgal

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 01:23:08 AM

Four rounds!? I hope you're exaggerating

Cash Bitcoin sales in Winnipeg at www.bitcoinwpg.com. Western Union also available on Local Bitcoins (WinnipegBitcoinSeller)
https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/WinnipegBitcoinSeller/

"Don't worry. Being eaten by a crocodile is just like going to sleep...in a blender." - Simpson, Homer J.

Tips: 1L5n1xgXzPyHDk84Ccpv5r3TKdiKcrVrfs
pascal257

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:58:41 AM

Four rounds!? I hope you're exaggerating
Excuse me for using the wrong terminology. I meant blocks instead of rounds.

The schedule of the Blocks will be as follows:
November 20th, 2013 12 PM 1st Block 1,250,000 Units Offered at a 50% Discount    ฿0.0005 Per Unit = 625 BTC **SOLD OUT**
November 22nd, 2013       2nd Block 1,250,000 Units Offered at a 33% Discount         ฿0.00066 Per Unit = 825 BTC
*TBD 3rd Block 1,250,000 Units Offered at a 25% Discount                                        ฿0.00075 Per Unit =  937.5 BTC
*TBD 4th Block 1,250,000 Units Offered at a face value                                            ฿0.001 Per Unit   = 1250 BTC
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: