Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:57:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anonymity of cryptocurrencies owners  (Read 482 times)
WorldBiz project

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:55:01 PM

More and more countries demand kyc which is not the worst option
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:01:11 PM

I have always supported bitcoin and its anonymity. Today, we heard about the users who got hacked after they logged in to myetherwallet. This wasn't the first time some users got hacked and there is no doubt it will happen again. It can happen to all of us. There is no difference you are holding bitcoin, Litecoin or Ethereum. All of us wish it was possible to punish that hacker. But all the holders are anonymous. So, anonymity is not always good. What is your opinion about cryptocurrencies anonymity considering this issue?
I don't think the problem it self lies with the cryptocurrency being anonymous or not, i believe it is with the users it self for not being cautious enough, it is try that there will be always a flaw in a system where hackers will be able to hack and steal wallets, but 90% of the hacks done are because users either have low difficulty passwords or hacked emails, or not using 2FA, the only thing that is bad about anonymity is that once the transaction is done the funds are gone for ever and there is no way to get them back if you get hacked.
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:07:06 PM

This is a very sensitive issue and requires some level of deep thinking and resolution t handle. It will  take some strong policies that regulate the entrance of the bitcoin world by making sure that people who join have their KYCs to avoid such unfortunate and wicked activities of hackers.

MCVXYZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:19:41 PM

I have always supported bitcoin and its anonymity. Today, we heard about the users who got hacked after they logged in to myetherwallet. This wasn't the first time some users got hacked and there is no doubt it will happen again. It can happen to all of us. There is no difference you are holding bitcoin, Litecoin or Ethereum. All of us wish it was possible to punish that hacker. But all the holders are anonymous. So, anonymity is not always good. What is your opinion about cryptocurrencies anonymity considering this issue?

I also was a victim of hacking. My myetherwallet was hacked and the hacker withdrew all of my eth and erc20 tokens. I lost a huge deal of profit that day but it did not stop there, my account on c-cex was hacked, my account on bitsler was hacked, genesis mining account, coinexchange.io account. I was targeted by hackers as they thought I have a huge stash of btc.

Due to this events, I am pleased when the government requires AML and KYC requirements to all cryptocurrency holders. In that way those hackers can be caught when they try to encashed their cryptocurrency.

I want you to advice that the greatest  threat to anonymity is  traceability of transactions.So there are some questions,particularly What coins did you lose? Have you ever tried to understand how related hackers addresses are? or Have you ever appealed your story to investigative authorities? I think it will be perspective for you to do this,There is no 100% anonymity at here,Even when we are using bitcoin,I think Satoshi Nakamoto kept one mechanism to prevent frequent crime,Anyway as we all know its pseudo anonymous,its right that we don't use our real names or other details but the addresses that hackers use is a pseudo-identity.So linking a Bitcoin address to a real-world identity is  easy,what you need is the will from investigative authorities and special resources to investigate your case.But at the same time it will be harder to investigate cases when hackers are using coins with better cryptographic techniques.
alfs75

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

platform for everyday business

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:23:28 PM

Anonymity,is a safest way to protect your self,and portfolio in publicity because we are a private people and want to protect ourself from those who treathen our life,but this happen in hacking of MEW wallet is a different story,because its the MEW  wallet  also there obligation to protect the interest of there every costumer,by providing a   best wall defense against those hacking system,so that  more and more customer would satisfied on there services.actually this happen now of many hacking happen in MEW wallet i compared that happen before in parity wallet,that there are feed news coming out that  its is a sabotage from the one of the developer  in parity wallet,and we hope that this things happen now is not disame happen in parity that maybe there is inside job.actually this is not accusation its only a specualition come out into our mind.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Aliya Taj

Activity: 226

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:26:46 PM

y
I have always supported bitcoin and its anonymity. Today, we heard about the users who got hacked after they logged in to myetherwallet.
Never use your private key to unlock the coins and always make sure you bookmark the site, always use a hardware wallet or keystore /JSON file to open the wallet and it is better than way rather than using your private key which is more risky as many had a bad experience in the past, i do not think that it is the issue with MEA but people tend to do mistakes and those mistakes are costly.

The safety of your allet is entirely dependent on you. There are lots of security measures that are to be taken to ensure that you coins are safe and you should stick to the safe option, the hackers will never get tired of looking for new ways on how to access your accounts, pay keen attention to the safety of your accounts.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 575

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:27:13 PM

First of all bitcoin is not completely anonymous. It is what we call "pseudonymous". As long as your wallet can not be linked to you, you will be safe. Google that term along with the keyword bitcoin and you will get to know what I mean.
And how is anonymity related to hacking? A random account can be hacked if the "anonymous" user isn't careful enough.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
BillyTalent

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:28:19 PM

I have always supported bitcoin and its anonymity. Today, we heard about the users who got hacked after they logged in to myetherwallet.
Never use your private key to unlock the coins and always make sure you bookmark the site, always use a hardware wallet or keystore /JSON file to open the wallet and it is better than way rather than using your private key which is more risky as many had a bad experience in the past, i do not think that it is the issue with MEA but people tend to do mistakes and those mistakes are costly.
Typically, the cost of an error is high. People lose their coins if they're inattentive and make mistakes. But even the most attentive person can get caught and lose what was on the wallet.
Harrow30

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:29:43 PM

I do hope the issue of security hacking with myetherwallet can be rectified soon like having a 2FA to one's private key. Aside them declaring that they are not liable to any loss experienced by users. I feel this is not fair really and should be looked into to guard against hackers.

[  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]    WELCOME TO DATABLOCKCHAIN    [  TRY ALPHA MVP  ]
Mainsale now LIVE!  //  Raised $16 Million in PRE-SALE
Warren Buffert

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:29:48 PM

More and more countries demand kyc which is not the worst option

It is for people who want to stay anonymous, lot's of people actually joined bitcoin and crypto's for that in the beginning.
cryptoheroin

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:31:35 PM

Not going to happen as bitcoin and altcoins are created to give us freedom to transacting without getting our informations,this was the main reason why bitoin was created,anonimity using decentralized technology of bitcoin, which give us good opportunity to most of the things in the internet.You shouldnt be worried about the anonimity.

Read Our WHITEPAPER              (((     BIDIUM     )))           Pre-ICO Active | Join NOW!
Revolutionizing Auction & Freelance Hiring with a Crypto Exchange Powered by Blockchain
███████████ |     FACEBOOK     |       TWITTER       |     TELEGRAM     | ███████████
Cryptointellection

Activity: 69

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 09:54:21 PM

Just see this like burglary, or someone stealing your car. This will never be stopped, or will it? Losing money because someone stole it, is natural and will always be.....
hakertajniak

Activity: 504

YOUC | John McAfee Supports

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 05:20:25 AM

it is unfortunate that myetherwallet owners got hacked recently.
but i think anonymity of hacker can be tracked using their address, and exchange address where they trade their coins.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
19nataliya12

Activity: 154
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 06:12:54 AM

Bitcoin was conceived as a currency that frees the user from the control of banks and authorities, and since an indispensable condition for control is de-anonymization, bitcoin tried to make an anonymous payment system. When creating a local bitcoin purse (as well as registering many types of online purses) from the user, you do not need to verify via the Internet (show scans of any documents), or even formally fill out a questionnaire with passport data.
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2018, 06:35:50 AM

Even if you are known or not anonymous, your funds can still be hacked, then, I can say that anonymity is for person's security and not for its funds. Its just that these features of cryptocurrency is abused by some people by using it in tax evasion so that is why government of some countries are eager to regulate cryptocurrencies because their funds deflates.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
Pan Troglodytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 39

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:21:17 AM

Even if you are known or not anonymous, your funds can still be hacked, then, I can say that anonymity is for person's security and not for its funds. Its just that these features of cryptocurrency is abused by some people by using it in tax evasion so that is why government of some countries are eager to regulate cryptocurrencies because their funds deflates.
Actually recently there have been a few cases when people known to posses bitcoin were physically attacked: there was this couple of tourists in Thailand who discussed Bitcoin-related matters openly and they were attacked with an intent to rob them, and then there was this British entrepreneur who was targeted and violently robbed because he was known to operate a Bitcoin-related business.

So I would risk saying that anonymity acts towards Bitcoin users' safety, not the opposite.
ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 06:27:47 PM

Everything has its disadvantages. The concept of anonymity offers us many advantages like keeping our private data safe. Moreover anonymity ensures that we can't really be taxed as there is nothing except the addresses among which currency is being transferred. But some criminal persons take benefit of this feature for scamming the people. So that’s the fault of hackers not Bitcoin. The money we keep at our home is also not safe due to thieves; the money in our banks can also be lost due to bankruptancy. So, it depends on how careful we are.
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:52:35 PM

In my opinion Bitcoin transactions are becoming easier and easier to track, especially if when they chose to cash out through an online exchange, especially if they provide their KYC to blockchain analytics companies. I believe that if hackers want to stay anonymous there are much better coins that are far less traceable then bitcoin is at the current time. I believe that monero is a prime example of this and it is one of monero’s key features that overrides bitcoin. Although there are many other options and you just have to look around and make sure you are doing your best to stay anonymous.
AlexAtom

Activity: 560

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:32:48 AM

This is cryptocurrency, anonymous and decentralized is the essential of crypto.
but if the hacker using ethereum to hack, it still possible to track the address they received the stolen coins.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Spontebob

Activity: 418
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:43:04 PM

Anonymity is one of those great features of bitcoin. It keeps  user’s  privacy  safe . But hackers always doing their best to steal ones wallet. Some hackers using sites, inviting people to visit their sites, just to know  your account and get your username  and password, Just be careful with them , I just once invited but I ignored it. Somebody warned me on that , it is  a scam.

Anonymity is one of the reasons why bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency is banned in some countries. We all know that through bitcoin, illegal activities can be done due to its anonymity but it is not always a good feature. When a crime is committed by someone who uses bitcoin, they can't be tracked and might continue to do illegal actions and for this reason is why it is not considered in few countries. (but as far as I know, it is now possible to track down users. correct me if I'm wrong)
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: