Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 08:49:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where should we store ETH safely?  (Read 1609 times)
Vilagra

Activity: 672
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 09:49:22 AM

I bought trezor(hardware wallet) a half year ago after I was hacked on etherdelta and I feel safe with it. Also ledger is a good alternative.

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
trader34

Activity: 434
Merit: 38

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 05:45:56 PM

Couple of DNS servers were hijacked to resolve http://myetherwallet.com users to be redirected to a phishing site. This is not on @myetherwallet side, we are in the process of verifying which servers to get it resolved asap.

Use a hardware wallet like the ledger nano s and you should be safe. So far his safety has never been compromised.
so_stupid

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 07:14:28 PM

One of the safest ways to keep the etherium is to store on a cold wallet on a separate hard drive that has other access to the Internet.
You can still use the ladger, but there are risks.

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
Etrilicious

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 07:22:23 PM

The only safe place to do so is getting a hardware wallet.. That is best
toydoll

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 07:59:35 PM

I don't have a lot of ether,so I still use MEW.In the future, I plan to buy a hardware wallet,i think now it is the most safest way to store.
trrewqs

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:01:43 AM

The best for me is the purse "Myetherwallet". Only when logging on, be sure to check if it's a phishing site

KONIOS.com   |│  The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
●   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ●  AIRDROP | LIVE  ●   ICO  |  May 1st   ●
breathlessz

Activity: 770
Merit: 12

Trphy.io

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:41:20 AM

One of the safest ways to keep the etherium is to store on a cold wallet on a separate hard drive that has other access to the Internet.
You can still use the ladger, but there are risks.
i have not used it as you describe it, but it's interesting too. so far i only save it in mew, but it must be careful when connected to the internet, because many hackers are lurking, i try to consider your suggestions

shixiu

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:29:41 AM

According to different security levels, you can use a cold wallet to store your ETH. If you are not sure, you can also choose a paper wallet to store them. In addition, I think Brain Wallet is one of the best and safest ways to store virtual currency. This is actually a way to generate the private key. By calculating the user's input to generate the corresponding address, and you only need to remember a password, you can use this password to recover the address and private key in the brain wallet program. Of course, you need to do what you can do to ensure that the password you enter is unique.
jurgen444

Activity: 134
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 07:46:08 AM

because of the many phishing sites I prefer to use the imtoken app to store eth. in my opinion easier to use and more secure.

spcae to rent
SomeJasonGuy

Activity: 322
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 09:16:37 AM

The safest way is to make a cold wallet. You can generate a wallet offline wit MEW and store your ETH there. Once you use that address, you just need to create a new one to be absolutely secure. A ledger is another great option but not as secure as cold storage.
oksanet421

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 11:07:47 AM

It all depends on how much you plan to keep on your wallet. If this is a small amount. then you can use metamask, if it is a question of large amounts, then I advise you to spend a little and buy a hardware purse, hacking of which is practically impossible. You can consider the option of storing the air immediately on stock exchanges, but this is not always convenient and the stock exchanges should preferably be chosen top.
Wonder_woman

Activity: 674
Merit: 101

I am hired and not own by any Team!

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:22:54 PM

From the beginning until now I am always using myetherwallet to store my ETH, so far I did not loss from myetherwallet yet and never been hacked. So I recommend myetherwallet.com for you to store your ETH. But you can store your ETH at some exchanges which are really secured, like Binance, etc..
bird17

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:43:26 PM

The safest way is to keep your ETH on the MyEtherWallet. I also recommend installing Metamask to protect against phishing sites
pri3oner

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:52:11 PM

I have got the solution for u: use offline transactions. It looked hard to me before I tested it by manual. Check out "Offline MEW" on google. U wont be regret!

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
creat!ve

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:47:44 PM

For small amounts exchanges are alright. For those sums you really don't want to lose stick with slim wallets like myetherwallet.com.
pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:38:11 AM

I think block chain is the best for anytime anywhere. You may ask here why not coinbase or related volt?? Listen brother, Block chain is your own account and there is highly secured account. It is very much impossible to hack your account. On the other hand coinbase is other man account that you may hold your eth. But it may hack at any time that different times happen but block chain hack i ever seen yet. People maximum time use coinbase because its transaction fee is less than block chain. But if you think for your security you should use block chain.
Fatman861

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 06:37:56 AM

I'll try a guess on where you are keeping your ETH, is it on exchanges? Don't store big number of ETH or any coin on exchanges because it's unsafe. There are lots of attack that are happening recently so storing your ETH on a hardware is totally the best thing. You can avail it for few bucks but if you can't, try to save money for it.

You're right, bro!  Wink Some of my money is stored on the stock exchange. Every day I repeat myself that it is not safe and it is necessary to store them in another place, but laziness is winning and it has been going on for more than a year! One day, I will do it! Smiley
Killrbit

Activity: 224
Merit: 31

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 12:07:24 PM

Well my ether wallet is still the best in my opinion. The issue that you talk about was not on their side and happens with other platforms as well. It is in my opinion the best wallet out there, and if follow best practices when using wallet services, then such things should have no effect on you. PS i use a paper wallet

░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓************** DFINANCE is New Age of DEFI **************▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓▓* Bitcointalk ▐  TwitterReddit ▐  Telegram ▐  Github ▐  Discord *▓▓▓▓▒▒░░
░░▒▒▓▓▓** A Non-Code Platform for Decentralized Trading Instruments **▓▓▓▒▒░░
esdbgrydn

Activity: 86

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 01:07:03 PM

Of course you should provide them. You can search on internet for bitcoin hacker. They are hacking and stealing our tokens from high quality trade sites. Also you must protect them. You can keep your coins on your offline base
airdropcoin

Activity: 442
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:40:35 PM

The cold wallet is the safest because it doesn't connect to the Internet. You don't have to worry about being hacked, but the cold wallet needs to be kept safely, otherwise it is easy to lose!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: