Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:42:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where should we store ETH safely?  (Read 1609 times)
Anudio

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 02:55:25 PM

I recommend hardware wallet like #ledger nano s . Its is safer than using private key. If you unable to buy hardware wallet use metamask. It detect when you go to hacked page

P_percy

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 02:58:44 PM

The best option is hardware wallets, Mew is a good option too when you use along with metamask.
Mame89

Activity: 1568
Merit: 426

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 03:47:48 PM

I think the place to store the most secure ETH is to use LEDGER NANO S because it has been proven safe and has some great features. but besides that there are also other alternatives that I think are effective for securing eth and other altcoin I think with menyimpannyta in exchannger will also be safe.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
sammyp

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 06:35:50 PM

Better grab yourself a hardware and free your mind of these hacking issues. With hardware you can equally store other coins and erc20 coins as well.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
kap786
Copper Member

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 06:49:45 PM

I hold my tokens on the Trezor. I think it's a safe way. TREZOR is an HD wallet where you control the private keys.

FilmBusinessBuster.com
» A GAME CHANGER for the Film Industry  «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
verniy0012

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 06:51:18 PM

metamask and myetherwallet is safe. always check ssl is myetherwallet.com. maybe u can try offline version myetherwallet? :|
natka

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:17:29 PM

metamask and myetherwallet is safe. always check ssl is myetherwallet.com. maybe u can try offline version myetherwallet? :|
I am very pleased that there is a myetherwallet and that each user is given the opportunity to store all the tokens created on the basis of erc20. this wallet is very convenient and very safe
zhukovt34

Activity: 225

Augmented Reality World Discovered

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:08:13 PM

The safest way is one of hardware wallet like Ledger nano or Trezor, and generaly crypto wallets where you control the private keys are must these days and keep your coins and tokens safe.

Baoo

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 11:30:38 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2018, 09:18:39 AM by Baoo

In general, before you search for the appropriate place to store your Ethereum, you must learn how to secure your wallet, and IMO the security is very essential in order to keep away from piracy risks. In fact, the hackers are everywhere on the whole internet and they won't always to cheat the users and stealing their money through some bad ways and unfortunately, many are easlity fooled especially the beginners of any field.

Furthremore, I do not advise you to start in the field of crypto without an acceptable knowledge of their  basics because if you are rush , then there is a possiblity that you will lose you money. Believe me, Knowledge is always potential power.

In additon to that, there are many secured platforms  for your funds, and IMO the best one is poloniex,  binance , Bitfinex and Myetherwallet. And be careful before making a stupid choices, and do no.t forget that the scammers are always in the field of cryptocurrency  
pdutta
Copper Member

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 09:56:28 PM

I store all my tokens at Trezor hardware wallet because it is a powerful password manager and 2 factor (U2F) authentication device. Transactions and passwords are completely safe even when initiated on a compromised computer in trezor wallet. For me, trezor hardware wallet is the best hardware wallet to keep your tokens safe where you control the private keys.

●   TOKPIE   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  GET ETHEREUM FOR YOUR BOUNTY STAKES  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  instantly & regularly  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
AngellSky

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 10:57:32 PM

I store all my tokens at Trezor hardware wallet because it is a powerful password manager and 2 factor (U2F) authentication device. Transactions and passwords are completely safe even when initiated on a compromised computer in trezor wallet. For me, trezor hardware wallet is the best hardware wallet to keep your tokens safe where you control the private keys.

and how do you think a hardware purse will suit only a professional investor and trader, or can it be used even by a simple crypto currency user who simply deals with bounty companies? How serious is this step to use the hardware purse?

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
Ryanpogi

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:45:34 AM

I think if you are looking for a combination of ease-of-use and very good security, then a Mist multisignature wallet is your best bet. The Ethereum Foundation has (and still is) putting hundreds of thousands of dollars into Mist and it's underlying components, so they are as safe, reliable, and secure as possible.
It's very easy to create / backup account files in Mist. In the 'Accounts' section click 'Add Account'. Pick a strong yet easy-to-remember password (remember there is no password recovery option), confirm it, and your account is created. Create at least 2 accounts. Then click 'Backup' in the top menu. Choose the 'keystore' folder, opposite-click on it / choose 'copy' (do NOT choose 'cut', that would be very bad). Navigate to your desktop, opposite-click in a blank area and choose 'paste'.
Now that you have copied your account keys, you can back them up. You may want to rename this new copy of the 'keystore' folder to something like 'Ethereum-keystore-backup-year-month-day' so you have quick recognition of it later. At this point you can then add the folder contents to a zip / rar file (and even password-protect the archive with another strong yet easy-to-remember password if backing up online), copy it to a USB Drive, burn it to a CD / DVD, or upload it to online storage (Dropbox / Google Drive / etc).
You now need to add approximately no less than 0.02 ETH to your primary account (the account you will initiate creation of a multisig wallet with). This is required for the transaction fee when you create the multisig wallet contract. I hope it helps to you.  Thank you.
BagzMM

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 02:49:51 PM

In my opinion, it must be saved or stored in a safe multiple places. So that in case of any emergencies theirs another storage to retrieve. We cannot trust anybody in cryto world. There are lot of scammers around who wants to deceive that's why we need to be cautious. 
boh1215

Activity: 110

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 03:39:10 PM

if for example to store in hardware it should basically be able to withstand hacking, and I save it in myetherwallet because all users store all tokens in myetherwallet because this wallet is very convenient and very secure.
VieleSind

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 03:54:25 PM

There is no better wallet to store ETH than a coldstorage wallet like Ledger nanos or Trezor Smiley. Although MEW is also still fine to use but if your account hacked then you'll lose all your private key and all your token and ETH will be hacked Smiley. But with a ledger nobody can hack your ETH or token cause they need to have wallet USB stick Smiley)
tot-o

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 04:17:04 PM

You can use wallet that has application on the phone since one click you will be safely directed to your wallet and you don't have to open the site, one way to be safe.
ekowkow

Activity: 476
Merit: 14

JUST HODL !

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 04:52:26 PM

From the beginning to the present I always keep my Ethereum in MyEtherWallet purse, and I have never experienced any problems.
I really like MEW because the fee given is based on Gas, so we can arrange it and it's cheap enough in my opinion. MEW also has a pretty good level of security, the most important thing is we as users should be able to maintain the confidentiality of our purse address.
iamsk

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 05:04:42 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2018, 07:55:12 PM by iamsk

I have store my ethereum on mew, imtoken, and Metamask and the easiest and user-friendly is metamask so I suggest you if you want to hold or store ethereum then metamask is best.
trader34

Activity: 434
Merit: 38

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2018, 08:27:42 PM

Just use a hardware wallet like the ledger nano s and you should be fine. By the way, it's also very helpful because you can store there various coins all in one place.
seymenyunus1654

Activity: 224
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 10:45:16 PM

Currently, MEW has solved that problem and worked regularly. I usually only use MEW for receiving Token from bounty campaigns, and after receiving Token, I will transfer to the exchange floor to trade rather than store in the wallet. So I still see a handy MEW wallet at the moment. If you want to be more secure then store at Coinbase or cold wallet like Trezor, Ledge Nano S.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: