Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:59:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining vs Direct Coin Purchase  (Read 466 times)
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 03:07:25 PM

It depends on what kind of strategies do you want to adopt.  Personally I would go with mining and holding until the price is right Smiley

I see people who made it though trading are also investing massively in mining to also produce the coin not only to buy it. It seems mining is something that everyone will do in the end.
Mining is profitable if you wait for a long time, now the difficulties increased and we have a lot of coins to mine little bit confused what to mine. Last year people mined ETH, ETC, LTC, Zcash etc all coins are profitable and the difficulty level also very less. Now the equipment cost is also high and making a profit is also not easy. So for me, direct coin purchase and trading are simple and profitable.
trumper

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 03:34:51 PM

Both are profitable but mining is very difficult compared to hodling I don't mean trading, but hodling might a little bit be boring, mining can be enjoyable for some people.

witch

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 06:28:19 PM

Both are profitable but mining is very difficult compared to hodling I don't mean trading, but hodling might a little bit be boring, mining can be enjoyable for some people.
Yes, mining requires a significant knowloedge in setting up linux server systems and operating IT infrastructures in general.

You should also not forget about energy costs.
bastiankey03

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2018, 07:01:37 PM

well in my opinion mining in my country (third world country) is not worth it. take too many cost in electricity bill and rig maintenance
aundroid
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1247

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:20:32 PM

I prefer mining.
Nice passive income. Also funny hobby  Grin
And if you are ready when a new projects goes live you can make nice profits in the first week!

►►►     MY TOPICS     ◄◄◄
➤ Blockchain Basics - FAQ DE    ➤ [Guide] Protect your Crypto: Security tips for your home computer & network DE | EN    ➤ Crypto SCAM - HowTo protect yourself EN    ➤ [CHECKLISTE] zur Bewertung von ICOs  DE
➤ [Overview] Exchanges, IEOs and their ROIs DE | EN   ➤ [Howto] Use Ledger Nano as Security Key DE | EN    ➤ [OVERVIEW] Recommended Crypto Telegram Bots  DE | EN    ➤ [Overview] GUI Miner DE | EN
➤ Activity, Merit und Ranganforderungen im Forum DE    ➤ Alternativen zu Piggy's Notification Bot DE    ➤ [Howto] Give Bitcoin as a gift  DE | EN
bandungan

Activity: 798
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:48:55 PM

presently i have started altcoin Mining and USD valve of Total Generated coin is low.
littlebit high from Cooling and Electricity bill Cost.
quiestion is which is profitable Mining or Direct Coin Purchase?
both have the advantage of just that I think making a direct coin purchase can be used as one good choice because buyers do not have to use big money like mining. so can buy coins directly according to financial ability.
Mr. Art

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:58:04 PM

presently i have started altcoin Mining and USD valve of Total Generated coin is low.

mining is not profitable now,,
so, i suggest you to learn about trading my friend, you can increase your bitcoin or ethereum amount by trading  Wink

Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:29:35 PM

Here is same situation i also invest my 14000$ on mining rig and start they mine they mine for me o.6 eth but the cost of electricity is 300$ was not profitable and sold out it on some loss for recover my money and then i invest my that money in some valuable altcoins it will give me highest profit and now i start trade in altcoin it is more better then mining.
huige007

Activity: 887
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:08:42 PM

mining is the best form direct coin purchase if you have your Owen extra income . in mining you just buy mining rig and mine the valuable coin you just pay electricity bill and get profit every day. the cost of mining rig on which you bought can be return guaranteed only electricity bill will you pay and then you will earn 3time profit of the electricity cost.
jackflag

Activity: 630

Glad to see you

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:34:37 AM

all depends from the market and your financial capabilities. At this stage, mining is more interesting because you always can get a coin and do not depend from the market position.  When market is green for long time, I would choose the purchase of cheap coins.
twobits

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:41:17 AM

Lol you are very wrong at this dude, Mining is not profitable anymore until you will able to provide big hash rate to compete with another big miners. This has already become obligation for every new miners to able earn profit through their mining rig. And remember PoW as non-conservative system will try to do halving in every period.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:15:50 AM

You should probably be asking this in the mining section. However, to answer your question, either way can be profitable if you know what you are doing (mining) and/or what coin you are buying. There is an entire forum dedicated to mining because there are so many ways to maximize your profit using mining hardware. Do some research and you should be able to calculate by yourself which is more profitable.
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:18:24 AM

They hve both different benefits and not good. In minohng you can mine a lot of different altcoins but it's not easy to mine brcause you need big capital and need best plan many miner become millionaire. In direct coin purchase any amount that you want and what status you are even you have small capital it's okay.
btc78

Activity: 2534
Merit: 215

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:36:11 AM

For me its depend on how much are you going to invest because mining is a expensive but accurate profiteering in this no risk of losing but only small amount of consistency will you get

In direct buying can start small capital and you can earn huge amount,but the risk is more than the amount of capital if you dont know the market,so for me you better choose what fits you

gayletot

Activity: 323
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:49:29 AM

both are beautiful. in mining because you need good use to get mining properly. invention that you can do with direct coin. that's no longer the case.

xboxtwo

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:50:01 AM

it differs, if you think that mining is still profitable go for it. But still you have to think what are the coins that are still profitable and I think I still go for ETH.
Torrenth

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:18:15 PM

I think right now it's better to buy coins directly, if you can not compete with other miners, it will severely damage your reputation in the future, let alone the cost required to mine is very expensive, so my advice is better to invest directly but be careful because enough at risk.
EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:38:37 PM

for me it will depend on the coin you will purchase, for example the coin you purschase is damp coin then it is better for you to go for mining, but then you need to invest more money for mining power and gadgets.
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 02:03:15 PM

It depend on whether it is profitable for you to mine the coins. It is better to use a mining profitability calculator to estimate your profit.

From my view, buying the coins directly will be more straight forward and need worry about the equipment set up, maintenance and etc.
TheMeritedOne

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 02:39:27 PM

I have never been into mining
Check out whattomine.com
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: