Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:40:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quark Community - Evolution - Development - Discussion >  (Read 1072 times)
digitalindustry (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 03:15:43 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2013, 07:59:22 AM by digitalindustry

Fork the design :

1. Move it to MPoW ( the algorithm that PTS is working on )

2. Move the Block reward to 90 Seconds (post reward period and into inflation period)

3. Cap inflation after some years - (making Quark a deflationary currency as per the standard for Cryptocurreny )

Questions or hate - come at me .

_ Explanation in a non long winded nutshell _

MPow has some significant robot resistance

take Robots out of the equation - human community takes over Quark

lets Quark fulfill its possible potential

Confidence in the Reward cap

90 Seconds for a little more security .

**my comments ***

Quark has the Brand Community and image to be a significant player in my mind .

I see it as the FTC of CPU - but with more possible support -

discuss . . . larger holders and senior member will be more respected obviously .

Is it time for some evolution ?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 03:31:36 PM

How would the coin distribution work in this fork? How would existing coins be treated?
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 03:37:02 PM

100 % honored absolutely no change to the BC  -

perhaps 3 years of low inflation reward after this period of reward is finished - then cap it to just Transactions permanently .

as stated this effectively means that Quark was the perfectly distributed accident , only Centralized systems such as Ripple could dream of such beautiful distribution .

by being so low , this means any rational investor can have Quark -

and by knowing that the Cap is in place and the higher security of MPoW and 90 s blocks - give the currency a chance

a fighting chance - 

{dramatic stance}

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 03:51:54 PM

100 % honored absolutely no change to the BC  -

perhaps 3 years of low inflation reward after this period of reward is finished - then cap it to just Transactions permanently .

as stated this effectively means that Quark was the perfectly distributed accident , only Centralized systems such as Ripple could dream of such beautiful distribution .

by being so low , this means any rational investor can have Quark -

and by knowing that the Cap is in place and the higher security of MPoW and 90 s blocks - give the currency a chance

a fighting chance - 

{dramatic stance}

Let's do it.

digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 03:55:46 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2013, 04:05:54 PM by digitalindustry

Fuck yeah !  (team amerika)

lets make Quark a winner !

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
feeleep
Legendary

Activity: 1197

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 04:06:11 PM

Fork the design :

2. Move the Block reward to 90 Seconds (post reward period and into inflation period)

3. Cap inflation after some years - (making Quark a deflationary currency as per the standard for Cryptocurreny )

**my comments ***

discuss . . . larger holders and senior member will be more respected obviously .

but why to move to MPoW? There is a coin which already is based on this (as you mentioned) - Quark was the first one with multiple hashes and now change everything and be the clone?

digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 04:11:30 PM

Fork the design :

**my comments ***

but why to move to MPoW? There is a coin which already is based on this (as you mentioned) - Quark was the first one with multiple hashes and now change everything and be the clone?

Price is up 100 % on this news ?

was ~32 now pushing ~59

Simply because its not a "Clone" i will tell you in my mind Quark has more potential than just PTS -  its an evolution the way things should work - upon a possible move , there could be further reforms .

anyhow this is why i asked the question , to get respected people such as yourself feedback - , hey perhaps its just Capped (as it should be etc)

but if MPow turn out to be Memory hard  really memory hard that's a great thing , for both security and confidence.

I respect your view feeleep , you could be right ?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2013, 05:57:50 PM

few other minor fixes needed - but woot.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 08:51:48 PM

This is awesome! Maybe the quark coin dev can do these necessary changes ?
Max Guevara

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

Quark developer

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 09:08:23 PM

I support #2 and #3 and will implement these to go in effect after the "inflation period" starts.

At the moment I'm with feeleep on #1, but there is still plenty of time to consider and discuss.
skaffen

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 09:42:25 PM

PTS has 1% inflation though.  I think the reason QRK hasn't appreciated, along with other currencies, is that it isn't innovative enough to catch peoples attention.  CPU only proof of work is good, for catching peoples attention, but Primecoin did it better (and before QRK?  Not sure). 

Primecoin has mandatory fees, would that be a good idea?  Or what about a command so that miners can set their fee via the api?  Currently bitcoin has the miner's policy hard coded in the source.

There's too much competition amongst altcoins and QRK doesn't have anything else to distinguish itself.  PTS is popular because of the momentum POW and because of the promise of exchanging into bitshares which are another innovation.

BTC: 1PwXSJnmnCMKTEw8JqtjdDVoRUhtMExiNP    XPM: ANREvGk6CJYM5YWuW3eNankjGKS1ZYmAzP
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 10:39:09 PM

PTS has 1% inflation though.  I think the reason QRK hasn't appreciated, along with other currencies, is that it isn't innovative enough to catch peoples attention.  CPU only proof of work is good, for catching peoples attention, but Primecoin did it better (and before QRK?  Not sure).  

Primecoin has mandatory fees, would that be a good idea?  Or what about a command so that miners can set their fee via the api?  Currently bitcoin has the miner's policy hard coded in the source.

There's too much competition amongst altcoins and QRK doesn't have anything else to distinguish itself.  PTS is popular because of the momentum POW and because of the promise of exchanging into bitshares which are another innovation.
6 algorithms working synchronously in 1 coin carries no innovative gains?

Really?
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 01:24:28 AM

I support #2 and #3 and will implement these to go in effect after the "inflation period" starts.

At the moment I'm with feeleep on #1, but there is still plenty of time to consider and discuss.

Thanks for your open mind max . Great .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 01:28:25 AM

PTS has 1% inflation though.  I think the reason QRK hasn't appreciated, along with other currencies, is that it isn't innovative enough to catch peoples attention.  CPU only proof of work is good, for catching peoples attention, but Primecoin did it better (and before QRK?  Not sure). 

Primecoin has mandatory fees, would that be a good idea?  Or what about a command so that miners can set their fee via the api?  Currently bitcoin has the miner's policy hard coded in the source.

There's too much competition amongst altcoins and QRK doesn't have anything else to distinguish itself.  PTS is popular because of the momentum POW and because of the promise of exchanging into bitshares which are another innovation.

To a degree you are correct , but this is not PTS this is Quark ,

Id excpect when the time comes fees will have to cover the basic reward . Thats fine ,

I personally think Quark has oh so much to distinguish , and mpow will add to that .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
skaffen

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 06:55:28 AM

I think any sign of ongoing development effort in the coin has a positive effect. It shows that the currency is still alive from a development point of view.  Things like (coin control?), tracking bitcoin wallet fixes and updates.  Tinkering with the basics like rewards and algorithm doesn't necessarily encourage me, because if it isn't broken, don't fix it.  Adding features on the other hand could be good.

I agree with increasing the block time though.

One negative for QRK is the lack of an open source GPU miner. There is one (called smelter), that takes a % of coins as a commission.  I'd prefer it didn't exist (just my preference), but given that a GPU miner exists, then it should be openly available.

BTC: 1PwXSJnmnCMKTEw8JqtjdDVoRUhtMExiNP    XPM: ANREvGk6CJYM5YWuW3eNankjGKS1ZYmAzP
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 07:34:27 AM

I think any sign of ongoing development effort in the coin has a positive effect. It shows that the currency is still alive from a development point of view.  Things like (coin control?), tracking bitcoin wallet fixes and updates.  Tinkering with the basics like rewards and algorithm doesn't necessarily encourage me, because if it isn't broken, don't fix it.  Adding features on the other hand could be good.

I agree with increasing the block time though.

One negative for QRK is the lack of an open source GPU miner. There is one (called smelter), that takes a % of coins as a commission.  I'd prefer it didn't exist (just my preference), but given that a GPU miner exists, then it should be openly available.

100 % agree with most of what you say skaffen , we need to be clear here no block rewards are being changed , no effect on the issuance , except a cap that will make the currency effectivly deflationary.

The GPU issue would bw solved with MPow and plus as price rises , more intetest would be gained .

I think that when and if interest is very high there will be GPU development no matter what , its not a bad thing.

overall interest will drive more open source developments .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
feeleep
Legendary

Activity: 1197

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 07:57:00 AM

Price is up 100 % on this news ?

was ~32 now pushing ~59

Simply because its not a "Clone" i will tell you in my mind Quark has more potential than just PTS -  its an evolution the way things should work - upon a possible move , there could be further reforms .

anyhow this is why i asked the question , to get respected people such as yourself feedback - , hey perhaps its just Capped (as it should be etc)

but if MPow turn out to be Memory hard  really memory hard that's a great thing , for both security and confidence.

I respect your view feeleep , you could be right ?

Don't get me wrong - you may be right that major change can give good momentum for this coin. If changing algorithm is the key - I am in!

Lboss

Activity: 412
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 08:25:54 AM

Fork the design :

1.What I understand from MPoW , use so much memory to solve a block which is not so innovative to me. Because , I think, memory requirement can also be done from scrypt ( you can also increase the memory reqirement from settings afaik).

Also , how much energy will be required to solve a block by using this system.If your reward is lower than the energy consumption then why people mine it.

Besides, I think there will be some competition for MPoW and if your coin price isnt high enough , miners will go to more feasible coin. (Assuming that price will increase when it moves MPoW  is not a good guess )

2.Agree with this. There is no need for super fast coin since most of the blocks have only 1 tx Smiley.

3. Still , I dont see inflation as a problem. I will suggest another thing also related with 1.) . Why dont we implement POS. This will be really innovative for QRK algorithm-like coins. It increases energy efficiency. Also we can use Max Guevera's suggested new block reward scheme (min(X,tx fee). We can reduce inflation rate but we dont need it to remove forever.
Also I believe POS coins will surpass lots of other coins.
 -speculation- For example , I believe PPC will be second coin after Bitcoin  -speculation-

In summary ,
-Increase block time
-Implement POS
-Limit the inflation rate ( I think 0.5 % pa is fair enough)
digitalindustry (OP)

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 08:43:31 AM

To tell you the truth I really like PoS , but its a very fine line , and to tell you the truth , just me personally

I think it would be a harder move , for example where is the incentive to spend with PoS .

1. Yes more memory , but from a point of view also one of the best and fairest distribution modles if we get it right .

2. I am in favour of a fixed cap , I believe this brings a lot of confidence to investors , when an investor knows the rules and knows where the fixed cap is , this can be a great benifit

2a there is another big point to inflation that people do not like , the corruption aspect , lets take the possibilty of corruption out and let the Block Chain decide forever that the design is capped .

3. I think we all agree about the 90 seconds.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: