Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:43:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How important is a community behind a crypto project?  (Read 4721 times)
faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:32:33 PM

Hello all,

I came across this article that talks about the importance of a community backing a project, how important do you think it is? Do you think they can get by through large marketing budgets instead? and do you agree with the article?

https://medium.com/crowdholding-innovation-platform/why-do-you-need-to-build-a-loyal-community-for-crypto-projects-14b9207608c2

The future of a project is all dependent to the community. Greater community mean greater potential for success of a project. Everytime I made an investment I make sure that there good number of community involved. If a project is back-up by well known people on the crypto, the project has really a good future. The demand of the coin is dependent on the people, since it will define tge value of a coin.
mcdofus234

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:35:09 PM

i would say its one of the most important things for a project. a strong community means a strong coin and project
Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:40:52 PM

Look, this is just a simple rationale of everything that article said.

Community is the key to success in every cryptocurrency projects.

I.e. This forum is a community wherein ico projects are being introduce and being advertise with the help of members here. We are promoting the projects. And we are part of the community. Thus, without our efforts and labor (maybe in other terms), crypto projects will be considered as useless. That is eventually the significant role of a community.
Gelesko

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:42:09 PM

Hello all,

I came across this article that talks about the importance of a community backing a project, how important do you think it is? Do you think they can get by through large marketing budgets instead? and do you agree with the article?

https://medium.com/crowdholding-innovation-platform/why-do-you-need-to-build-a-loyal-community-for-crypto-projects-14b9207608c2

I agree with the article, community is very important! As the longer the project, the more of the people who will believes in it success and the fewer will take part in it, but with much more potential to invest in it (time, money, communication and etc). Most of bounty hunters, search for small date's project, as their side of view, if it's scam they didn't waste a lot of time on it and they will receive quicker bounty rewards! I currently have a long bounty campaign and it is a signature I am wearing, I am glad that I have joined them and I believe in the development of the project and capability of the team team to get to the target of the project. I run for them, from right of the beginning and it's now 11 weeks, I follow their news and read telegram group updates/news, I can see our community is not that big as in short projects, but it is pretty big for long campaign and everyone is united and have strong believes in team and project itself!

yojodojo21

Activity: 420
Merit: 171

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:44:48 PM

Hello all,

We as a community supports bitcoin and other cryptos that is why we are part of the platform wherein the idea of crypto will be shared to the entire countries which is open minded for realization that crypto idea is a good way to help a certain country. Crypto project making should be well prepared into making the community to connect people peer to peer to be as solid.
Jdragon6x6

Activity: 247
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 12:56:35 PM

Hello all,

Actually, a community is very important in cryptocurrency, imagine it can easily spread information and good news about the project, and also the community helps advertise which leads to increased sales.
natsu01

Activity: 392
Merit: 21

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:02:23 PM

Community is really important behind a crypto project because it is the place where the administrators, participants and the investors discuss about the project. When the bounty hunters want an update about the running of the project, they are usually consult the administrators in the telegram community.
maman09

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:05:12 PM

of course the community is very important in a crypto project or ico. like we are here as the largest bitcoin committees ever.
there is a lot of discussion material we can do for innovation or change that leads to growth.
I think you should try to memeperdalam your insight related to crypto
defc0de

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:11:52 PM

I find that community is one of the most important factor in any cryptocurrency project. Sure the development and technical team is top priority, but without a good community backing up and supporting the project, it would probably die out fast like a large percentage of crypto projects right now. Here's a sample project that's gaining a lot of followers: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3342829.0 the project is gaining momentum due to a lot of people joining their programs and anticipating the launch of this new crypto exchange. Without decent supporters, even good projects like this would turn sideways as crypto is a two way project - developers and users. People like me who would go bullish on this types of project would push the development more and turn it into a more sustainable crypto backed business.

Bittalk12

Activity: 434
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:35:19 PM

Having a good and loyal ICO community truly brings positive impact with the project like free advertisments, supporters and traders which will operate the price movement when it gets listed on those exchanges. My good example is eBTC where it reached $2.50. They almost have 60,000 members on telegram and those holders truly believes in eBTC since those team members are very dedicated with the project before. Now, it went down to $0.15 because of confusing team members decision which creates a negative intense with its community.
mak2017

Activity: 434
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:39:41 PM

Hello all,

That is not the first article about importance of crypto community which i read, but they all say the same thing - it's important.
Without backing community it will be hard for majority of projects to spread the word about their project around the globe.
Big investors sometimes also join Telegram groups, and when they see 50.000+ people screaming "Go Proejct X, we believe in you and support you" this could make a good impression on an investors who join social channels.
Keep in mind that most of crypto projects are startups, so that makes community even more valuable for them.
macit800

Activity: 322
Merit: 40

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 01:40:42 PM

It is very important to have a big community, because the people in the community are the holders of the coins. If they support the project then it is also a good way to do marketing, because they will share information about the crypto project on internet or in their neighbourhood.

Vladv26

Activity: 321
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:45:35 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2018, 10:55:38 PM by Vladv26

As the article says content is the king but community is the queen. What this mean is that the king cannot live without a queen same as absolutely any project or business doesn't matter how good it is cannot survive without a good community behind.

A good community doesn't mean to pay someone unknown just to promote your project because if a person is really interested in your project he will promote it for free without you even knowing that. The community will always support the project doesn't matter who tries to take it down and even if the project fails they are going to stay with the developers and launch a new project.

J A C K B I T   |   FreeSpins & FreeBets      Welcome Bonus     Rakeback VIP Club
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   C R Y P T O   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K   ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
mylyn2327

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:47:48 PM

Community takes a very important role because it will determine whether a project will be successful or not. Before starting anything such as business the no. 1 thing you'll need to consider is the community around you, the community who will patronize and the community who will support and promote the project to reach success.
lighterkek

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 01:48:56 PM

I agree with the articles and thanks to them they may be taking good investments behind them so I think it is important
crypto-bit

Activity: 333
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:56:05 PM

community supporter for a certain token or coins are very important,It makes the coin more valuable and attract more users and investors joining them on a project that can be successful someday,Imagine that even if you have a good coin and project and you feel that it is unique from the others but its lack for community support then the result will be bad and your coin will be useless
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:02:26 PM

how important do you think it is?
If there's no community behind a coin then who are the people that will support it? Where the capital will be coming from? Take bitcoin as an example, it's market cap is the highest and it is because it's not only the first coin of all but it has a large community that supports it. And not just only a community, there are big people behind it which is incomparable to others.
Do you think they can get by through large marketing budgets instead?
There's nothing impossible if there's a large marketing budget for a project.
and do you agree with the article?
I agree in the part that he said, projects should know their target people.
9tails

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 02:08:12 PM

In my opinion community is very important because they are the one who support the projects and they are the one reason why projects success.
djamielove

Activity: 50

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:17:28 PM

I think it's the backbone of any great project and is needed to be successful and survive. The market is going to correct itself and when it does, the projects with the strongest community will be the ones that survive.
leetlezee

Activity: 232
Merit: 38

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:36:28 PM

I think it's the backbone of any great project and is needed to be successful and survive. The market is going to correct itself and when it does, the projects with the strongest community will be the ones that survive.

I agree, the community is extremely important along with having a purpose that people like and want to get behind. For example, for charitably minded people, BiblePay coin has a built-in percentage of the mining rewards that supports orphans in third-world countries, while they have implemented a form of mining that uses the computing power for medical research.

Or you can take Stipend, that is using the blockchain to decentralize freelancing, and just got invited to a blockchain summit in Dubai.

If a coin has a purpose that people can get behind, that will help a community grow and thrive. However, it is certainly possible that a coin with a great vision could simply fall to the wayside because of a lack of community. Nobody will want to get behind what could be a great coin if when they check it out, nobody else is there. It's like being in an empty chat room. Boorrring. Find a coin with a great community and great vision and jump right on in.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: