Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:05:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if you forget your bitcoin wallet password?  (Read 1958 times)
mickeybuddy27

Activity: 429
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 06:24:11 AM

If you forget your wallet password this can be a big loss, if you forget your password it also means that you have also lost your wallet, make sure you have a copy of your password on your desk or on your phone, somewhere safe that no one can find it, make sure that your email address is verified as you can also reset your password on your mail, this might even be the only solution on recovering your password, so please be careful and be mindful.
If we forget our password we have one option we can get access to using private keys but if you lost your private keys then forget your bitcoins it will never and ever recover. when i create new wallet i will write my private keys in my diary and take one set of soft copy and store it on my external hard drive. you also save your private keys somewhere so double check in your place.
Important files need to be kept in safe place, and have duplicate copy on you. Bitcoin wallet can be recover as well using email where you connect the created account and not only the private key can be use for that. I will be a huge loss for the owner to misplace it and forget about where to keep it in secure place where can be access when there's a problem like this.

Rkss4

Activity: 980
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 06:29:50 AM

If you forgotten your bitcoin wallet password, you may loss all. But one can forget his password, I may quickly inform moderator. They might tell you, what to do?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌     Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬
otong

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:18:48 AM

If you forgotten your bitcoin wallet password, you may loss all. But one can forget his password, I may quickly inform moderator. They might tell you, what to do?
losing bitcoin in the wallet and forgetting the password is our own fault because we are careless and do not record important files / accounts on our wallets. my friend also never forget the password of his wallet after a few attempts can not finally he resigned and sacrificed everything in his wallet. indeed if we want to use the wallet to store our bitcoin,we must be wise and conscientious before storing bitcoin in the wallet.
peterstrong007 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:19:44 AM

If you forget your wallet password this can be a big loss, if you forget your password it also means that you have also lost your wallet, make sure you have a copy of your password on your desk or on your phone, somewhere safe that no one can find it, make sure that your email address is verified as you can also reset your password on your mail, this might even be the only solution on recovering your password, so please be careful and be mindful.
If we forget our password we have one option we can get access to using private keys but if you lost your private keys then forget your bitcoins it will never and ever recover. when i create new wallet i will write my private keys in my diary and take one set of soft copy and store it on my external hard drive. you also save your private keys somewhere so double check in your place.
Important files need to be kept in safe place, and have duplicate copy on you. Bitcoin wallet can be recover as well using email where you connect the created account and not only the private key can be use for that. I will be a huge loss for the owner to misplace it and forget about where to keep it in secure place where can be access when there's a problem like this.

of course
worldsuccess01

Activity: 119

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:22:17 AM

For bitcoin wallet holders who have forgotten their passwords, all may not be as bad as it seems.
Cases like this happen bitcoin forgotten im asking to the administrator need help what is the correct process to do that bitcoin will not be forgotten.
Ngajim

Activity: 279
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:26:03 AM

I think is really big problem,because we might lost all token inside wallet.and i don't have any solution if we forget or lost bitcoin wallet pasword.
maybe we need create new one and keep carefully the pasword.
royromales

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:34:19 AM

I think I lost everything I did and I did not know how to recover because when there was a bitcoin wallet I could not see where I could see the password of my bitcoin wallet because when I lost my money I did not get the money because dependent on me

center]▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread   █   Oceanpaper   ☻   Twitter   ☻   Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬[/center]
CryptoBatman1

Activity: 30

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:36:50 AM

This is a really big problem for those who forget their bitcoin wallet passwords. You know that your tokens are lying there but you can't gain acess to it.My only suggestion is to write down your password and save it someplace else, only for your personal use.
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:46:16 AM

I'm not sure about the links you're promoting.
that's why someone is so careful with activity in the crypto world. at least, make a copy of the data to prevent loss, so you are not too dizzy with problems encountered such as forgot password, private key and the like. Your security must be created by yourself
bratbu

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 07:54:24 AM

Recently many people who bought bitcoin years ago find themselves sitting on an untouchable bounty. Those lucky guys who purchased or mined just a few bitcoins at the start of the age of cryptocurrency nowadays can boast about their savings. However, some of them are now in a painful limbo,because they can't remember the complex security passwords needed to get to their bitcoin wallet. Unlike a bank, bitcoin has no central hotline to call for a reset. This is really a bad thing,it's like forgetting a bank account password, but there's no bank to call to reset it. That money is lost forever. That might be a lot of money at today’s exchange rate.

Actyally, this bad thing happened to me last year, and my friend recommend  this website:http://recovermybtc.com/ to me,she said she has retrieved her bitcoin wallet password through it,and I download this software,it really works after I used it,and you need to pay some service fee to them, but it's not high.Somebody who lost their bitcoin password can make a try, good luck.
Scam! do not risky our wallet with the link he provided,looks very suspicious website because my metamask extension blocked the link,Its either it has malicious malwares or it has phishing site in there.Newbie account as the OP makes me wonder why he is promoting this shit website.If you can retrieve your wallet using that website you can retrieve satoshi's wallet as well,and those wallets which has been lost in the blockchain because the owners forgot their keys.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
TelegramFacebookwww.casperproject.ioGithubTwitterANN
rodztan

Activity: 60

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:26:12 AM

Then your wallet would be as good as a sea which is full of water, but you can't drink that water. You can just watch your tokens lying there, and regret your decision of not saving the private key.

There is no option to recover your lost wallet passwords. There is no option like forgot your password. Your details are not saved anywhere, hence one must exercise a lot of caution when it comes to saving private keys.

Thats right sir all your token to your wallet will be useless your private key is very important when you get transaction to bitcoin when you loss your wallet password you will regret it save as many wallet password if you loss it theirs a another one.
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:27:03 AM

This is a really big problem for those who forget their bitcoin wallet passwords. You know that your tokens are lying there but you can't gain acess to it.My only suggestion is to write down your password and save it someplace else, only for your personal use.
Security and keeping safe your private keys is a must because once it will lose it is really hard to retrieve the access to your bitcoin wallet. I'm not sure if others can retrieve it with the links above of op, so delicates to try it. It is very important not to lose any single details of our bitcoin wallet.
peterstrong007 (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:34:59 AM

Recently many people who bought bitcoin years ago find themselves sitting on an untouchable bounty. Those lucky guys who purchased or mined just a few bitcoins at the start of the age of cryptocurrency nowadays can boast about their savings. However, some of them are now in a painful limbo,because they can't remember the complex security passwords needed to get to their bitcoin wallet. Unlike a bank, bitcoin has no central hotline to call for a reset. This is really a bad thing,it's like forgetting a bank account password, but there's no bank to call to reset it. That money is lost forever. That might be a lot of money at today’s exchange rate.

Actyally, this bad thing happened to me last year, and my friend recommend  this website:http://recovermybtc.com/ to me,she said she has retrieved her bitcoin wallet password through it,and I download this software,it really works after I used it,and you need to pay some service fee to them, but it's not high.Somebody who lost their bitcoin password can make a try, good luck.
Scam! do not risky our wallet with the link he provided,looks very suspicious website because my metamask extension blocked the link,Its either it has malicious malwares or it has phishing site in there.Newbie account as the OP makes me wonder why he is promoting this shit website.If you can retrieve your wallet using that website you can retrieve satoshi's wallet as well,and those wallets which has been lost in the blockchain because the owners forgot their keys.

It is a trusted website. cuz I've already tested it through antivirus and anti-fraud website:https://www.virustotal.com/#/home/upload

If you still think it‘s a scam,you can download that software and test it through above website.
Remainder

Activity: 950
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:45:28 AM

In my bitcoin wallet provider you can retrieve forgotten password via email and I have done it several times before without a problem, it is different with my ethereum wallet because I only have keys to open my wallet, in order to protect it I have to backup it on my another backup device, because if I forgot and lose it! then goodbye holdings...
jhache

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:03:04 AM

Many people might be having the wrong impression that Brute force would work in decoding the password of your wallet, but let me tell you that unless you have quantum computers don't even think about it as your efforts would go in waste. The only chance you have is if the password was really small like just three characters or something.

roccstar

Activity: 174
Merit: 150

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:08:58 AM

If we forget our password we have one option we can get access to using private keys but if you lost your private keys then forget your bitcoins it will never and ever recover. You can call for tech support if it's an online web wallet you can contact through their website or through email.
peterstrong007 (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:13:55 AM

lately the world of cryptocurrency was touched by two stories,one of them has a happy ending but another one is not so fortunate.
SocratesCO

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:20:07 AM

Crypto today is a libertarian paradise. If you send your money to the wrong place, it's gone. If you send it to a merchant and don't receive the goods, you have no recourse. This is cash. Treat it as such.
- - Gil Penchina

Blockchain techology is super safe but on the other side it is also a big risk if you forget your password.
brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:21:55 AM

How could you even forget your password? I have never forgotten any single password in my life and I do not use simple and popular words. Many modern wallets provide you 12 or 24 word seed which you can later use for wallet recovery without need to know your password. The only problem is that anyone could steal your seed and send your BTC to themselves. I understand that some early miners could have forgotten their passwords since they couldn't have known that Bitcoin will succeed in the future. If they had known that, they would definitely remember it.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:36:39 AM

In most cases of forgotten password all you need to do is to click on the forgot password and if you have a working email registered with your wallet the link to reset your password will be sent to your registered email.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: