Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:54:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if you forget your bitcoin wallet password?  (Read 1958 times)
ronaldsam

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:28:49 AM

When you forget your bitcoin wallet password just click the forget password and answer the questions that will appear. and you can also recover your bitcoin wallet by gmail and reset the password and change it to new.
Muwatti

Activity: 176

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 06:40:49 AM

What if you forget your bitcoin wallet password? Definitely it will become your problem...  It is your own wallet and therefore no one else but you are the one who will know and if you forget that who will be the person you will ask about this problem... Password is our way on how to access in our wallet and if you forget...  You are just like cutting the connection between you and your electronic wallet...  It is not easy because it is not like an ordinary wallet...  You put your money and if you need it you will just open...  Dont forget your password...  That's the solution...
peterstrong007 (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 07:03:10 AM

When you forget your bitcoin wallet password just click the forget password and answer the questions that will appear. and you can also recover your bitcoin wallet by gmail and reset the password and change it to new.

That's not impossible.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 07:04:03 AM

I believe that precaution is always better than cure and hence I have multiple backup copies in multiple forms and I have kept those copies at a secure location. So I don't think I will need such kind of service but I am interested to read case studies of how they recover the coins.

I am using the paper wallet as well as hardware wallet hence there is no other way to retrieve points from the email address or any other recovery option except getting private keys/ seed keys of my wallets. In such case how the above-mentioned service is going to help me if I lost my all backup copies.
peterstrong007 (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:04:00 AM

I believe that precaution is always better than cure and hence I have multiple backup copies in multiple forms and I have kept those copies at a secure location. So I don't think I will need such kind of service but I am interested to read case studies of how they recover the coins.

I am using the paper wallet as well as hardware wallet hence there is no other way to retrieve points from the email address or any other recovery option except getting private keys/ seed keys of my wallets. In such case how the above-mentioned service is going to help me if I lost my all backup copies.

If you really forget your password but you still have your wallet,you can try it.And speaking of the website:http://recovermybtc.com/ you can download its software, its operation including comprehensive combination of passwords, covering all possible elements in a password (upper/lower cases, numbers / special symbols) to avoid missing out any character. You need to generate a list of potential password phrases based on your best guess for your password,and decryption is based on the rules you set up,the computer will combine all the characters you selected in a certain order,then it can create a highly optimized multi-threaded program to perform the brute-force decryption until it succeeds
Dark_raven007

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 08:07:09 AM

In my wallet this is possible. There normal guys work, they react to all questions quickly and help. I think they would have unblocked him, of course, if you proved that he is yours. Therefore, you can not specify other people's names and hang pictures on your avatar.
peterstrong007 (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 09:25:33 AM

In my wallet this is possible. There normal guys work, they react to all questions quickly and help. I think they would have unblocked him, of course, if you proved that he is yours. Therefore, you can not specify other people's names and hang pictures on your avatar.

No one, neither a Russian Hacker nor MI6, or the FBI and the NSA will be able to crack that password to your crypto wallet. However,if there's slightest chance you do remember parts of your password, or the origin of it,then there's a very big chance that some professional wokers can help you to retrieve your wallet password
racham02

Activity: 257
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:06:26 AM

once you lose your bitcoin wallet you can not get it back or it can not recover again, you should be careful with your bitcoin wallet, just back up your bitcoin wallet and write down on your Cellphone Memo, Messenger and gmail so he does not disappear.

peterstrong007 (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:07:01 AM

It isnt possible to recover a password from a wallet,when we are talking about the myetherwallet you wont be able to open your wallets,not unless you have backed up your private keys,im sure you can still open the wallet which you have forgot using the private keys that you have,That is why we need to have some backups of our keys.

Actually it's possible
sheldonnnn

Activity: 420
Merit: 266

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:33:19 AM

Of course this is possible and it is definitely one of my worst nightmares. To avoid this situation, I have some hidden paper notes with my passwords. It's much safer than storing passwords on your computer or on your phone.
spiffcow

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:45:36 AM

My God, I did not even think about this question, but it surely will not bring you anything good! I advise you not to keep all your coins in one place to avoid such situations!
tidus_13

Activity: 290

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 10:50:51 AM

If it is a question of the Bitcoin Core client's wallet which was encrypted with a password and was lost in the investigation (password), then there is no way to restore it. The loss of the password from wallet.dat wallet file will result in complete loss of access to your wallet without the possibility of recovery.
rinkujaglan

Activity: 133

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 10:57:31 AM

Password is very  important things in bitcoin wallet, if i have forget so i have no option to recover. Thus  we always write down it on computer file or notebook file for safety.
rosepetals

Activity: 650

Financial aid for users: https://bit.ly/2SMY8gi

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 01:35:50 PM

For bitcoin wallet holders who have forgotten their passwords, all may not be as bad as it seems.
You have a point but I think there is a chance that even the pro will forget their password because we cant predict what will happen in the future. I think all those bitcoin wallet holders are responsible enough in terms of remembering password because they already know the consequences if they will forget their passwords.
I suggest that passwords need a hard copy and be kept in a place where you and your trusted loveones would know it.Its like a preparation for future usage,who would have known that we will need it in the near future.

Portia12

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

ADAB ICO

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 02:11:26 PM

I think there are some wallets that have an option when you forgot your wallet's password,
I think you could ask to change it by the email address that you put up when you signed up .

peterstrong007 (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:25:03 PM

For bitcoin wallet holders who have forgotten their passwords, all may not be as bad as it seems.
You have a point but I think there is a chance that even the pro will forget their password because we cant predict what will happen in the future. I think all those bitcoin wallet holders are responsible enough in terms of remembering password because they already know the consequences if they will forget their passwords.
I suggest that passwords need a hard copy and be kept in a place where you and your trusted loveones would know it.Its like a preparation for future usage,who would have known that we will need it in the near future.

Good idea.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 03:29:00 PM

I don't think there is anyway to recover once you loose your password anyone who says this is messing with you. I don't understand what's their benefit but you need to use your password even the recent electrum wallet change you need to input your pin to open. So for me I would write it all around and if I loose I guess loose it forever,
peterstrong007 (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 04:01:48 PM

I don't think there is anyway to recover once you loose your password anyone who says this is messing with you. I don't understand what's their benefit but you need to use your password even the recent electrum wallet change you need to input your pin to open. So for me I would write it all around and if I loose I guess loose it forever,

First i dont believe them until i used their software, actually it really works after i retrieved my password
peterstrong007 (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:14:36 AM

I think there are some wallets that have an option when you forgot your wallet's password,
I think you could ask to change it by the email address that you put up when you signed up .

You can make a try for this software.
zero9119

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:47:27 AM

The first thing you should do when lost password bitcoin wallet is contact support from the manager of the wallet that you register to regain the account. You should also use a hard wallet to protect your crypto assets. Do not open links with bad content on the internet because it is very susceptible to the virus stealing account information. Be careful because you can lose money at any time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: