Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 07:10:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if you forget your bitcoin wallet password?  (Read 1958 times)
CapGelatik

Activity: 1064
Merit: 100

Combo Network

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:45:57 AM

once you lose your bitcoin wallet you can not get it back or it can not recover again, you should be careful with your bitcoin wallet, just back up your bitcoin wallet and write down on your Cellphone Memo, Messenger and gmail so he does not disappear.

Yes, everyone should have a backup or everything will be gone. Also i would say precaution is better than cure so you can also share these type of details with one of your trusted friend or family so that he/she could help you in an emergency.
of course data backup is something we must do to prevent something that happened, because private key is really important so should be kept as safe as possible if lost will be a big mistake, because there is no way to restore it again.

peterstrong007 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:10:46 PM

once you lose your bitcoin wallet you can not get it back or it can not recover again, you should be careful with your bitcoin wallet, just back up your bitcoin wallet and write down on your Cellphone Memo, Messenger and gmail so he does not disappear.

Yes, everyone should have a backup or everything will be gone. Also i would say precaution is better than cure so you can also share these type of details with one of your trusted friend or family so that he/she could help you in an emergency.
of course data backup is something we must do to prevent something that happened, because private key is really important so should be kept as safe as possible if lost will be a big mistake, because there is no way to restore it again.

This website can help people to recover their password, it really works after i used it.
Magic Sarap

Activity: 350
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:39:03 PM

Good idea Smiley
Once you forget your bitcoin wallet password the one who managed the ledger can't access to your bitcoin account.

▬[  dClinic.io  ]▬  
▌ A Comprehensive Healthcare Ecosystem Powered by Blockchain  ▌
▬▬  PRE SALE ENDS 15th OCTOBER▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:13:15 PM

Good idea Smiley
Once you forget your bitcoin wallet password the one who managed the ledger can't access to your bitcoin account.

Well good thing is, no one will be able to access that so your bitcoin's can't be stolen. Bad thing is, so will you. Your btcs would simply be lost. Though i don't think there would be a lot of people who'd make this mistake especially if they have a lot of btcs. People in crypto know the importance passwords and security keys

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
peterstrong007 (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:23:06 PM

Good idea Smiley

Well good thing is, no one will be able to access that so your bitcoin's can't be stolen. Bad thing is, so will you. Your btcs would simply be lost. Though i don't think there would be a lot of people who'd make this mistake especially if they have a lot of btcs. People in crypto know the importance passwords and security keys

Now there is a chance to retrieve your bitcoin password
Lounadolcy

Activity: 179

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:52:24 PM

1) Save your wallet file and eventually there MAY be systems fast enough to brute force passwords. This is many, many, many years down the line. You will likely be a very rich person with absolutely no access to your funds.
2) Keep a pen and paper next to you at all times! Write down every possible combination you think it may be. Who knows, it may one day come back. You can also use this guide to help with the potential passwords.
alvinmtp

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 02:24:04 PM

What if you forget your bitcoin wallet password? Definitely it will become your problem...  It is your own wallet and therefore no one else but you are the one who will know and if you forget that who will be the person you will ask about this problem... Password is our way on how to access in our wallet and if you forget...  You are just like cutting the connection between you and your electronic wallet...  It is not easy because it is not like an ordinary wallet...  You put your money and if you need it you will just open...  Dont forget your password...  That's the solution...
peterstrong007 (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:34:49 PM

What if you forget your bitcoin wallet password? Definitely it will become your problem...  It is your own wallet and therefore no one else but you are the one who will know and if you forget that who will be the person you will ask about this problem... Password is our way on how to access in our wallet and if you forget...  You are just like cutting the connection between you and your electronic wallet...  It is not easy because it is not like an ordinary wallet...  You put your money and if you need it you will just open...  Dont forget your password...  That's the solution...

Of course password is important to wallet.
george888055

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:46:52 PM

I use ledger nano s wallet. Even if I loose my wallet password I always can use seed words to start recovering procedures. I hope I will not loose seed words also)
carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:54:06 PM

I use ledger nano s wallet. Even if I loose my wallet password I always can use seed words to start recovering procedures. I hope I will not loose seed words also)
Even my friends are using nano ledger wallet as they says it is also one of the best wallet to use. Many users has been attacked by scammers, phishing so we must very observant and not to click any links to avoid to scam our wallet. There are many wallet so to use check first if suits for your expectation and if it is really secured. 
Lubang Bawah

Activity: 1358
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 04:17:37 PM

I've been through it, the most important thing is that when we register identity verification, I use Xapo and Coinbase with the original identity so that if I lose the password then this is not a problem and all bitcoins are safe.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Sihab76

Activity: 1302

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 04:20:35 PM

Nothing can doing... I create a new wallet and save my secret key or password in my computer or Android mobile wallet and keep it extra security system.
peterstrong007 (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 04:56:38 PM

Nothing can doing... I create a new wallet and save my secret key or password in my computer or Android mobile wallet and keep it extra security system.

What a pity you are.
jawaher

Activity: 79

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:28:49 PM

what i say here is that, everyone should have faced some sort of loss in this business of cryptos.
it is not only in terms of losing the passwords of wallets but also not keeping a safe record of the login data of whatever platform one is working on.
the wise would suffer less loss. Wise is to always keep a good backup of your passwords,keys and security Questions.
Although there maybe ways to retrieve them one has to spend money and time on, which all can not afford. 
Bionicgalaxy

Activity: 317
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 06:22:20 PM

If you forgot your bitcoin wallet password it will not be a problem because there are wallets that will help you to retrieve your wallet by answering some questions to know if it is really you. To not forget your passwords in any of your accounts try writing it all in a piece of paper, so if you forgot your password again you just need to use the piece of paper that you have written all of your passwords in every accounts.
peterstrong007 (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 10:47:54 AM

If you forgot your bitcoin wallet password it will not be a problem because there are wallets that will help you to retrieve your wallet by answering some questions to know if it is really you. To not forget your passwords in any of your accounts try writing it all in a piece of paper, so if you forgot your password again you just need to use the piece of paper that you have written all of your passwords in every accounts.

And it still have a chance to retrieve your password
Bruce1614

Activity: 144
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 10:56:14 AM

I have always remembered any single secret key in my life and I don't utilize basic and prevalent words. Numerous cutting edge wallets give you few word seed which you can later use for wallet recuperation without need to know your secret key. The main issue is that anybody could take your seed and send your BTC to themselves. I comprehend that some early excavators could have overlooked their passwords since they couldn't have realized that Bitcoin will prevail later on. In the event that they had realized that, they would recollect it.
oloveloveo

Activity: 158
Merit: 10

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty"

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:25:38 AM

If you are a person who have a short term memory then always have a copy of your password.
You can make a file in your computer and put all your password there, or you can make a password where you've always used so that you wont forget,
you can also share your password to your family member or make a printout of it.
I only use bitcoin wallet in website so i dont know how the other wallets where you stored your bitcoin works. So if you also using like me, i think you can ask them for support like recovering your password. Also i dont know but i think if you are using other wallets there should be a private key, then you should keep it.
Theres a saying that "Prevention is better than cure". So for me its better to make a safety in everything so that you will have a solution when the problem occurs.

diva.man

Activity: 123

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:37:57 AM

In the block chain world, the private key is everything, as the only credentials of the user's assets.

It's almost impossible to get it back, unless you remember it, congratulations!
peterstrong007 (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:01:54 PM

In the block chain world, the private key is everything, as the only credentials of the user's assets.

It's almost impossible to get it back, unless you remember it, congratulations!

I have retrieved my password,thx!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: