Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:42:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if you forget your bitcoin wallet password?  (Read 1958 times)
dengineersprof

Activity: 102
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:32:35 AM

Well basically, forgetting passwords is inevitable. If you so have such challenges,  I am sure you registered with an email you use regularly. Which you can recover it from easily. Otherwise forgetting your password is same thing as letting go of your funds. I usually use regular daily events mixed with life events as my passwords.  This way u hardly forget it.  Wink
haxker007

Activity: 174
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:22:53 AM

Recently many people who bought bitcoin years ago find themselves sitting on an untouchable bounty. Those lucky guys who purchased or mined just a few bitcoins at the start of the age of cryptocurrency nowadays can boast about their savings. However, some of them are now in a painful limbo,because they can't remember the complex security passwords needed to get to their bitcoin wallet. Unlike a bank, bitcoin has no central hotline to call for a reset. This is really a bad thing,it's like forgetting a bank account password, but there's no bank to call to reset it. That money is lost forever. That might be a lot of money at today’s exchange rate.

Actyally, this bad thing happened to me last year, and my friend recommend  this website:http://recovermybtc.com/ to me,she said she has retrieved her bitcoin wallet password through it,and I download this software,it really works after I used it,and you need to pay some service fee to them, but it's not high.Somebody who lost their bitcoin password can make a try, good luck.
There are many individuals in this situation and lamentably there is no other option for them on the off chance that they do misfortune any data about their wallet. In any event in the event that they would know the ID of the wallet the email, number telephone or any data about that however everything if lost since they purchased or mined bitcoin long time prior.
jayarbillones

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:49:57 AM

for me.I don't know what happened to me when i forgot my wallet. The best thing you can do is save your bitcoin wallet password to other a hard copy, lose your pass code and all that you have worked for will remained an untouched relic and there is nothing that can be done about it, that's why its advisable to have a paper wallet,or simply write the password where only you can access it,it always come in handy
tarlok01

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:03:05 AM

We have no good system of password recovery till now. Through which its password is recovered. It's private key should be saved. If it is lost, money is lost.
apolonio

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:10:22 AM

If thats the case then your bitcoin that you earned will be gone. Until now it seems that theres no way to recover our password in our wallet if we forget or lost it. So we better to keep it safely for the safety of our bitcoin. So that our hardwork will be paid.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
jeluhtajem

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:12:10 AM

If you are talking password you put in your online btc wallet then maybe you can recover thru talk support just provide credentials if they ask about it. Just a simple reminder don't ever forget your password or you might a problem in the future of your assets.
Dark_raven007

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 11:57:54 AM

In my wallet there is technical support. You just need to prove that it's your purse. It is advisable to indicate your data and avatar at registration.
Nekroser

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:59:17 AM

So restore the purse you have or not? I did not understand. I think it is quite possible to restore the purse. Only have to spend a lot of money, capacity and time for it.
Melvin Narag

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:06:40 PM

Bitcoin password has a very long code so people have saved them elsewhere I believe for a wallet with personalizing password they will look for a clue to remember it because if they will not then they need to say goodbye for those BTC that is stored on their wallet. So keep your password clue somewhere you can find them when you forget your password.
peterstrong007 (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:14:52 PM

If you can't get your BTC back by cracking it, you will lose all your BTC. The world of encryption is so cruel.

Yes,it is.
Aljay7

Activity: 156

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:20:12 PM

Just don't let that thing happen because wallet has a lot of characters to memorize so people will save it in the secure place.
nguyendat031

Activity: 195
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:20:21 PM

Recently many people who bought bitcoin years ago find themselves sitting on an untouchable bounty. Those lucky guys who purchased or mined just a few bitcoins at the start of the age of cryptocurrency nowadays can boast about their savings. However, some of them are now in a painful limbo,because they can't remember the complex security passwords needed to get to their bitcoin wallet. Unlike a bank, bitcoin has no central hotline to call for a reset. This is really a bad thing,it's like forgetting a bank account password, but there's no bank to call to reset it. That money is lost forever. That might be a lot of money at today’s exchange rate.

Actyally, this bad thing happened to me last year, and my friend recommend  this website:http://recovermybtc.com/ to me,she said she has retrieved her bitcoin wallet password through it,and I download this software,it really works after I used it,and you need to pay some service fee to them, but it's not high.Somebody who lost their bitcoin password can make a try, good luck.
Forgetting password is a very big problem because if we forget, we might lose all that we have in our wallet. It might be very difficult for us to recover it without the risks of someone stealing our money. So I think all of us must be very careful and should be responsible enough to keep our passwords safe.
byhunter79

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:30:42 PM

I think to keep the private key better store it in a computer or store it in a mobile phone. But better keep it in mind but this is too risky  Grin
Lektor188

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:36:21 PM

If we are talking about the Bitcoin Core client wallet which was encrypted with a password and in consequence was lost (password), the methods of recovery are not provided. The loss of the password of the wallet file wallet.dat will result in complete loss of access to your wallet without the possibility of recovery.
jessequick

Activity: 220

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:52:50 PM

I use ledger nano s wallet. Even if I loose my wallet password I always can use seed words to start recovering procedures. I hope I will not loose seed words also)
C. Bergmann

Activity: 803
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:59:00 PM

it is perfectly. but where are the guarantees that these guys will not be able to recover your password and just do not steal your money? I think there is only one option: always write down your password.

Yes it's one of the most accurate and advisable though just write down and if ever there is a back up key , then download it , or save it though ,
we can't be contented though sometimes there are some hackers too.

So be optimistic at anytime , and be aware mostly on your important stuffs.

▄▄████▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄▄
▄█████▀▀            ▀▀█████▄
▄███▀       ▄████▄       ▀███▄
███      ▄██████████▄      ███
███    ▄██████████████▄    ███
███    ████████████████    ███
███    ▀██████████████▀    ███
███      ▀██████████▀      ███
▀███▄       ▀████▀       ▄███▀
▀█████▄▄            ▄▄█████▀
▀▀█████▄▄    ▄▄█████▀▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀████▀▀
Gabro███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
WHITEPAPER
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TOKEN SALES
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
zmkriel

Activity: 406
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:03:38 PM

I would rather be a responsible bitcoin holder by writing down my private keys rather than paying someone to recover it due to my carelessness. How can i be so sure if the person that i will be contacted is trustworthy and be able to really track down and recover my password. Scammers are all over now and it so hard to trust anyone especially it is valueable.
Sand King

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:27:09 PM

Then your wallet would be as good as a sea which is full of water, but you can't drink that water. You can just watch your tokens lying there, and regret your decision of not saving the private key.

There is no option to recover your lost wallet passwords. There is no option like forgot your password. Your details are not saved anywhere, hence one must exercise a lot of caution when it comes to saving private keys.

This thing happened to a friend of mine she forgot her wallets password. I don't know how she bring it back but I think she did all she can to bring back her wallet because it is so important.   after that I think she learned a lesson

peterstrong007 (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:18:08 AM

Then your wallet would be as good as a sea which is full of water, but you can't drink that water. You can just watch your tokens lying there, and regret your decision of not saving the private key.

There is no option to recover your lost wallet passwords. There is no option like forgot your password. Your details are not saved anywhere, hence one must exercise a lot of caution when it comes to saving private keys.

This thing happened to a friend of mine she forgot her wallets password. I don't know how she bring it back but I think she did all she can to bring back her wallet because it is so important.   after that I think she learned a lesson

Of course forgetting your bitcoin password is a bad thing,but it's lucky for her to retrieve her password,most of my friends have retrieved their password through this website.
POM

Activity: 547
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:23:39 AM

The idea of forgetting the password and losing everything that i have is really sucks. Probably i would punch myself in the face 10 times at least, lol. I don’t trust this kind of websites so i wouldn’t even try.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: