Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:21:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if you forget your bitcoin wallet password?  (Read 1958 times)
jake zyrus

Activity: 798
Merit: 121

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:23:09 PM

Recently many people who bought bitcoin years ago find themselves sitting on an untouchable bounty. Those lucky guys who purchased or mined just a few bitcoins at the start of the age of cryptocurrency nowadays can boast about their savings. However, some of them are now in a painful limbo,because they can't remember the complex security passwords needed to get to their bitcoin wallet. Unlike a bank, bitcoin has no central hotline to call for a reset. This is really a bad thing,it's like forgetting a bank account password, but there's no bank to call to reset it. That money is lost forever. That might be a lot of money at today’s exchange rate.

Actyally, this bad thing happened to me last year, and my friend recommend  this website:http://recovermybtc.com/ to me,she said she has retrieved her bitcoin wallet password through it,and I download this software,it really works after I used it,and you need to pay some service fee to them, but it's not high.Somebody who lost their bitcoin password can make a try, good luck.

I am not sure about the website for now so I am waiting until someone else proves it really works. This can be one of those too good to be true but I also do hope it really works because many of here can experience that incident. But to avoid forgetting your password, always keep a copy to you, both printed and digital and make sure that those info are secured. Play safe and success is on your way.

kingkonjac

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:24:31 PM

actually it is a very painful thing to forget your asset which are worth too much those days but also because of the forgotten pasawords bitcoin has risen so much as it is like a coin burn.

melekseverce

Activity: 140
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:25:16 PM

In the block chain world, the private key is everything, as the only credentials of the user's assets.

It's almost impossible to get it back, unless you remember it, congratulations!
tsinelas

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:25:40 PM

For bitcoin wallet holders who have forgotten their passwords, all may not be as bad as it seems.
It is not a problem if you forgot your password.as long as it is connected to your email address, you may recover it. Or may use the forgot password option.

▬▬▬▬▬      ▬     iCumulate         Investing in the future together           ▬      ▬▬▬▬▬
WHITEPAPER  ]     ████     PRESALE  /  Nov 30th - Dec 7th     ████     [   ONE PAGER   ]
▬      ▬▬▬▬▬     Twitter     ●     Facebook     ●     Telegram     ●     Medium     ▬▬▬▬▬      ▬
Shiversnow

Activity: 688
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:26:19 PM

Recently many people who bought bitcoin years ago find themselves sitting on an untouchable bounty. Those lucky guys who purchased or mined just a few bitcoins at the start of the age of cryptocurrency nowadays can boast about their savings. However, some of them are now in a painful limbo,because they can't remember the complex security passwords needed to get to their bitcoin wallet. Unlike a bank, bitcoin has no central hotline to call for a reset. This is really a bad thing,it's like forgetting a bank account password, but there's no bank to call to reset it. That money is lost forever. That might be a lot of money at today’s exchange rate.

Actyally, this bad thing happened to me last year, and my friend recommend  this website:http://recovermybtc.com/ to me,she said she has retrieved her bitcoin wallet password through it,and I download this software,it really works after I used it,and you need to pay some service fee to them, but it's not high.Somebody who lost their bitcoin password can make a try, good luck.

Forgetting your password is like locking away all your dreams and hardships. It might feel like your properties are burned down to ashes. That is why patience and carefulness must start on yourself. Don't be too confident about yourself. As for this site, try it if it works and if does, then congratulations to you and I hope that you will be more careful next time.
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:35:02 PM

That's the last thing you may want to forget, your bitcoin wallet password. But the thing is, trusting these sites are very risky since they crack the code for you, at the same time, take away everything you have including your hard-earned bitcoins with them. Just don't forget your password or just jot it down into a notebook.

kevindjunaidi

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:50:23 PM

there is nothing we can do, because the private key of bitcoin wallet can not be recovered, unless you register in wallet exchange because wallet exchange using email and we can use forgot password.

turkoglu23

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:55:22 PM

If we are talking about the Bitcoin Core client wallet which was encrypted with a password and in consequence was lost (password), the methods of recovery are not provided. The loss of the password of the wallet file wallet.dat will result in complete loss of access to your wallet without the possibility of recovery.
CryptoAllDay

Activity: 578
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:57:17 PM

It is bad if you forgot your wallet password. It's as if you have a lot of money but you can not use it. Many people have forgotten their wallet password, they have no way to retrieve their password. I think the best way to keep your password is to note it in the place where you can see whenever you want.
Sandus_Cryptolover

Activity: 482
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:21:15 AM

if you forget your wallet assword then you are as good as messed up, there s no system recovery for it

Most wallets have recovery phrase words on them. Thus forgetting your password isn't the end of the world as long as you got the phrases. All this has been put into consideration while designing the platforms.

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
dsaijz03

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 12:43:16 AM

Good to hear that you retrieved your Bitcoin wallet password  but for me forgetting your password isnot an excuse because cryptocurrency is really different with banks as we know the only thing that allow as to access our wallet is our password no third party included so as much as we can hold securely our password and but it on a place that is not easy to hack or get by someone else to avoid extra payment in retrieving your wallet.
peterstrong007 (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:22:13 AM

Of course it will seems like it is no more accessible so any means in trying to retrieve it, you will check it out. I don't know how that site/service works but I hope it really does because it can help many people here. But to prevent this unfortunate incident to happen to you, always have a back up like printing your password and keep the documents secure. This can be difficult and looks unnecessary but better safe than sorry.
This is the software‘s FAQ,I just copy a few of them,maybe it can help you to know its operating principle

How does Bitcoin Recovery work?
Bitcoin Recovery’s operation including comprehensive combination of passwords, covering all possible elements in a password (upper/lower cases, numbers / special symbols) to avoid missing out any character. You need to generate a list of potential password phrases based on your best guess for your password,and decryption is based on the rules you set up,the computer will combine all the characters you selected in a certain order,then it can create a highly optimized multi-threaded program to perform the brute-force decryption until it succeeds,the better the computer's CPU(with as many cores as possible),the faster the decryption.
naily

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:36:59 AM

If you as the user forgets the password it is a foolish act that will self-destruct, financial loss is in sight. Therefore, be smart and careful users to avoid losses.

You are definitely your asset stuck in your wallet and no one can open it. it's like a treasure in the digital world. Because it is certain that when you lose access to open a bitcoin wallet
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:37:11 AM

Sad to say, a lost wallet is deemed a lost wallet forever.  In fact, statistically, survey shows that 20% of the existing bitcoin in circulation from the 1st reward era to the current 3rd reward era is of lost wallets and passwords.

Though i have not had an experience with any wallet recovery software and services, the case of a lost wallet is clearly stated as lost.  But it would be a big relief if someone could help others.

Perhaps they have certain conditions only where they could help recover a lost wallet like a wallet that is kept locally on a crashed hard drive or a malfunctioning pen drive, other than that, perhaps there is no hope.

That is why we should be mindful of our wallets, keep all your information in atleast two safe locations. Backup, backup, backup.
peterstrong007 (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:37:26 AM

Maybe all I will do is give it away ..
Because I have not found a way to recover it ..   Grin Cheesy Cheesy
But if everyone have idea.. I'm glad to know that.

Dont give up
standbay29

Activity: 79

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:03:27 AM

When you lose your privatekey, this is a big disaster and we feel panic in following the BTC forum.
There is no way to recover it,
 and lose your password.
So must be extra vigilant against the private key of our wallet.
MUSFIKAR

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:37:59 AM

Yes it is perfect but where is the guarantee that these people will not be able to recover your password and just not steal your money. I think there is only one option: always write down your password. There is no option to recover your lost wallet password. Your data is not stored anywhere, so you need to be very careful when it comes to saving your private key.
Zahrowil Qolbi

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:41:09 AM

I think there is no option to recover your lost wallet passwords. There is no option like forgot your password. Your details are not saved anywhere, hence one must exercise a lot of caution when it comes to saving private keys.
FrankHilk9

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:53:36 AM

It is very painful if you lose your wallet and can no longer gain access to your own investment. That's why it is advisable to have a paper wallet and store it where you can access. There is no option to recover your lost wallet password. There is no option like forgetting your password. Your data is not stored wherever one should be careful when it comes to saving your private key.
peterstrong007 (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:17:57 AM

It is very painful if you lose your wallet and can no longer gain access to your own investment. That's why it is advisable to have a paper wallet and store it where you can access. There is no option to recover your lost wallet password. There is no option like forgetting your password. Your data is not stored wherever one should be careful when it comes to saving your private key.
There is a chance to retrieve your password now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: