Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:58:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What if you forget your bitcoin wallet password?  (Read 1958 times)
leow

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:07:24 AM

In order not to face such a problem, it is best to store bitcoin on hardware wallets. For example, the ledger nano's or tresor. And the phrase of recovery to be stored in several places. In case of loss or theft or physical breakdown of the wallet, you will only need to enter a new phrase and all your assets will be saved.
kingofrogues07

Activity: 140
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:08:11 AM

I have done my best in order not to face such situation. I hope that you will do like this too because it will be a pity just to forget the password. I save my password in several places to protect my data
jonhsongotti

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:22:01 AM

I also have a problem like you forgot Private Key in the wallet Ethewallet.This is really a big lesson.For pass that means we lose everything in that wallet.Hope we should keep our passwords real in many places and in different ways, in case of forgotten pass
heartwreck

Activity: 162
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:24:06 AM

You must not forget your password or you should say bye to your account or to your money.You must take down every details of your account if you know to yourself that you might forgot it.
Robinbitcoin44

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:36:47 AM

You could get customer support depending on the method of storing you use.
main320

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:50:36 AM

Well essentially, overlooking passwords is inescapable. In the event that you so have such difficulties, I am certain you enlisted with an email you utilize consistently. Which you can recuperate it from effectively. Generally overlooking your secret word is an indistinguishable thing from relinquishing your assets. I, as a rule, utilize normal everyday occasions blended with life occasions as my passwords. Along these lines u scarcely overlook it.
hardtargetbtc002018

Activity: 173

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:57:15 PM

Recently many people who bought bitcoin years ago find themselves sitting on an untouchable bounty. Those lucky guys who purchased or mined just a few bitcoins at the start of the age of cryptocurrency nowadays can boast about their savings. However, some of them are now in a painful limbo,because they can't remember the complex security passwords needed to get to their bitcoin wallet. Unlike a bank, bitcoin has no central hotline to call for a reset. This is really a bad thing,it's like forgetting a bank account password, but there's no bank to call to reset it. That money is lost forever. That might be a lot of money at today’s exchange rate.

Actyally, this bad thing happened to me last year, and my friend recommend  this website:http://recovermybtc.com/ to me,she said she has retrieved her bitcoin wallet password through it,and I download this software,it really works after I used it,and you need to pay some service fee to them, but it's not high.Somebody who lost their bitcoin password can make a try, good luck.

It's really a big tragedy if that will happened because its hard to retrieve the account back, so for should responsible in keeping important keys and there are many ways today to keep it safe.
charlenedave

Activity: 159
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:01:51 PM

You must not forget your password or you should say bye to your account or to your money.You must take down every details of your account if you know to yourself that you might forgot it.
I agree that we should always remember our password or take note of it; but if you accidentally forget your Bitcoin wallet password m, you should know all the details you have input so you can recover it.

YzzyGo

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:09:53 PM

The service you mentioned uses brute force cracking technique with added help from information about your password that you provide. It's a good setup since they don't have your wallet.dat file, so even if they get your password they won't know where to use it. Just hope that no keyloggers are involved.
alvinmtp

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:12:33 PM

If you forgot your bitcoin wallet password it will not be a problem because there are wallets that will help you to retrieve your wallet by answering some questions to know if it is really you. To not forget your passwords in any of your accounts try writing it all in a piece of paper, so if you forgot your password again you just need to use the piece of paper that you have written all of your passwords in every accounts.
peterstrong007 (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:17:39 AM

I think there is no option to recover your lost wallet passwords. There is no option like forgot your password. Your details are not saved anywhere, hence one must exercise a lot of caution when it comes to saving private keys.

Actually,it can retrieve your wallet password.
kolinko

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:35:05 AM

If you lose your password bitcoin then if you still have the private key of your wallet, you can still get back your wallet password. Also if your bitcoin wallet is on Exchange then you can contact support to get your password back. Be careful in your transactions so you can be sure your wallet is safe.
eneifed

Activity: 40

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:39:04 AM

They will never be able to get it back and thus they should treat it as a lesson. Bitcoins have become very much valuable now and thus you should keep password safe.
Lexurdania

Activity: 840
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:43:12 AM

it is perfectly. but where are the guarantees that these guys will not be able to recover your password and just do not steal your money? I think there is only one option: always write down your password.

Its true. Better we keep our password on our note and its much better keep that note from online device because we never know. Keeping password or private key on our wallet is important thing if we dont want to lossing our money.

[ M p l a z a ]                  Metaverse with NFT  |  ▼ social events
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A virtual hangout place forshopping    
discordtelegramtwitter  [ JOIN NOW ] |  ▼ culture        
EditorX

Activity: 52

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:50:33 AM

I don't want to imagine it because it's so horrible.
If I made a Bitcoin wallet, I would write down the private key in my notebook.
Then, if my house isn't robbed, I won't lose my wallet key.
Always remember. You must back up your wallet keys in a safe place.
peterstrong007 (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:13:21 AM

It is very hard to forgot your bitcoin wallet password and theres no way recovering it . What i do is i write it down on a small piece of paper then take a picture of it before i keep it on my wallet .. so if ever i've lost my wallet i still have a copy of it. AND dont forget to save the image in a secure vault of your phone 😘

The softcare can help you to retrieve your bitcoin password,and it really works after I used it.
iceylm

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:35:22 AM

I don't want to imagine it because it's so horrible.
If I made a Bitcoin wallet, I would write down the private key in my notebook.
Then, if my house isn't robbed, I won't lose my wallet key.
Always remember. You must back up your wallet keys in a safe place.

This software can help you recover your wallet password.
peterstrong007 (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:24:19 AM

it is perfectly. but where are the guarantees that these guys will not be able to recover your password and just do not steal your money? I think there is only one option: always write down your password.

Its true. Better we keep our password on our note and its much better keep that note from online device because we never know. Keeping password or private key on our wallet is important thing if we dont want to lossing our money.
BitcoinRecovery can operate without a network so that we can protect our confidentiality, and it doesn’t upload any of your information, without giving them any opportunity to steal your money.  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
zhundy

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:39:23 AM

Forgetting password is a very big problem because if we forget, we might lose all that we have in our wallet. It might be very difficult for us to recover it without the risks of someone stealing our money. So I think all of us must be very careful and should be responsible enough to keep our passwords safe. Keep many offline password copies as many and as safe as possible.
lucy94

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:18:47 AM

you shouldn't, write down somewhere, otherwise its down the drain.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: