Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:37:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam the scammer experience  (Read 457 times)
Truong Ngoc Vuong (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 07:14:05 AM

My friend suggest me joining a scam ICO project to "scam" founder of this project. He told me that you can buy it at the price didn't pump before and wait for x5 price.
By my experience, I read SANTA COIN whitepaper, guessed 99% it's a scam project.
I check the price in Coinmarketcap  and it didn't pump before.
So I bought 2000USD of Santa Coin and I feel confidence with my strategy. =]]
You know, after 2 months, Santa Coin didn't show on Coinmarketcap anymore. I lost all my invest because it can not sell for anyone else.
That is my experience "Scam the scamer". =]]
Tell me your story if you have one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:31:34 AM
Merited by futurebitcoins (3)

You did the biggest mistake because your method is like a gambling, not an investment.

We are here to make a money not to scam others and make money. Yes, some people want to make an easy money by scammers we can't do anything. I never did such things and if I know it is scam or shit coin then I will never buy it.

$2000 is not a small amount for many people here and you simply wasted your hard earned money by investing in known scam coin.
Truong Ngoc Vuong (OP)

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 07:44:54 AM

You did the biggest mistake because your method is like a gambling, not an investment.

We are here to make a money not to scam others and make money. Yes, some people want to make an easy money by scammers we can't do anything. I never did such things and if I know it is scam or shit coin then I will never buy it.

$2000 is not a small amount for many people here and you simply wasted your hard earned money by investing in known scam coin.

I see. From the beginning I believed it was gambling.
I'm too confident that I will win. Experienced!
Thank you for your advice.
icoliveboard

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 07:48:14 AM

That's gambling!
Soroskatona

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:23:36 AM

Funnily enough, you called it "investing". It is not, ints just blindly putting your money into something. That is something called gambling. You should rather find a legit coin/token to invest into.

And also, you had the red flag, that it is a scam, why did you put your money into it anyways?

ferall

Activity: 672
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:25:51 AM

99% of altcoins are worthless. New coins pop up every day that promise everything but will end up delivering nothing.

Masternode scams are rife.

You would be been better buying $2K worth of bitcoin.
ferall

Merit: 265

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 08:30:54 AM

Even the website has red flags all over

https://santacoin.co
kirstiemorton23

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:04:17 AM

I think it's not an investment, you are too brave to make decisions, bet and expect to win a lot, you can learn a lot from this problem, that you need good observation and analysis before acting.
chadtn

Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 10:12:33 AM

I agree. You made a small mistake by putting this amount on a coin that does not inspire confidence. It's a gamble. You need good observation and analysis before acting. Fortunately, I do not have such stories where I would have lost a large sum.

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
Daddyj2

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:33:53 PM

Lol, I thought after 2 months you double your $2k  Grin , It's hard to predict what coins will pump specially shitcoins as sometimes they don't even pump. If you bought ETH 2 months ago you would have like 50%+ profit by now. Don't try to duoble your money on this way as you will only lose it try investing on much safer coin you wont get much but you will surely get some.  Cheesy

"Hard work puts you where luck can find you."
Wind_Crypto

Activity: 350
Merit: 36

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 01:00:41 PM

i dun understand the part abt "scamming" the founder of the project though ... how does u buying into his scam coin result in him getting scammed again? even if the coin gets pumped later?
btyco
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:20:04 AM

That makes no sense at all, how did you scam the scammer if you bought 2000 dollars worth of coin that is now completely worthless! It seems like you just threw away your money

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
syypro

Activity: 368
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 10:34:50 AM

I bought BTW for 9 satoshi. At that time it seemed to me a very promising project. And I thought that the project would bring a good profit. But the recent main dev manager wrote that he has not been paid for a few months already for the work done. Another scam project.

joelsamuya

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

https://emirex.com

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:47:53 AM

This is a terrible experience, but i cannot point out what case here that you scam the scammer, and yet you lose your money by buying 2000usd? Anyway it makes sense to reanalyze the situation, that you been scam and not the scammer. In some friendly advice, don't invest to a certain project, where there was no real purpose of having an ICO and no specific details on what project they will be focusing on, because we can lose a lot of money, by investing those ICO which are not really focus on what they really wanted to achieve. Money is important, that is why we need to be very careful in choosing the best project to invest.

My advice to my friends here, because they invest into the ICO to carefully understand what the project or an ICO really want to achieve, i mean read the whitepaper, review the team involve and carefully review the team members of the project if they were not previously engaged in the scam project.

Your experience serves us an experience too. Thanks for sharing your experience.

cioloxl

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:52:35 AM

I bought BTW for 9 satoshi. At that time it seemed to me a very promising project. And I thought that the project would bring a good profit. But the recent main dev manager wrote that he has not been paid for a few months already for the work done. Another scam project.
Generally speaking though, all projects using another's name for the brand awareness, is a scam. From Bitcoin socks to Bitcoin cash, gold, diamond. All of 'em scams of various degrees. Same goes for litecoin and other major projects' copies.
Trimzi

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:41:55 PM

Even it is a scam sometimes you can earn from it. But be smarter and learn from this one.
If you hear something don't act right away, think about it few days and then decide what you are going to do.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
hanley88

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 02:50:12 PM

I feel like you're too confident in yourself! Cleverness is mistaken for cleverness. A liar will never give you a chance to make a profit because his purpose is to cheat you of your money.
Igorgnome

Activity: 252

Power to gnomes!

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 03:52:58 PM

Thanks for telling me. This will be a good lesson for both you and others. I'm lucky I didn't participate in the Scam. In addition, I seriously approach the study of ICO before investing. It's a good idea to share experiences so others make fewer mistakes, thanks for the topic, I'll keep an eye out.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Katabit

Activity: 203
Merit: 11

ENTRY cryptocurrency

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:33:09 PM

I've seen the bounty of this project, but I've seen it as a Christmas joke. I did not even think that someone will decide to invest in this project. I have always said that it is necessary to study the project in which you want to invest.

hovrah

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 04:48:49 PM

I've seen the bounty of this project, but I've seen it as a Christmas joke. I did not even think that someone will decide to invest in this project. I have always said that it is necessary to study the project in which you want to invest.
and nevertheless, there are a lot of people in the world who are very inconsiderate and too trusting, because there are always those who invest in such projects.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: