Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:10:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you still use MEW?  (Read 5040 times)
Pa1n

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:32:13 PM

I still use MEW , because hackers cant do nothing. Private keys are safe. But if you have doubt you can use hardcore wallet

dusunbesemah

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:34:57 PM

Yes I still use MEW because I have not found a replacement.
And every ICO or Airdrop is currently using MEW to make payments.
quanahri

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 04:36:42 PM

Using metamats is safe? I still use mew because I have not found a replacement for mew. hope mew developer will upgrade the system better in the future
Yakapo

Activity: 203

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:37:43 PM

YES i use MEW AND HAVE USED it for a very long period of time without any regrets. The transaction speed s fast enough and the coins reflect on the account over a short period of time. its also safe, just needs the user to be cautious and observant of the security measures
Runbitup

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:37:56 PM

With the recent hack, I assume a lot of people will switch to something else, what do you think?

I still recommend using a hardware wallet over the safety benefits though.
that's true with many hacking cases I'm sure many people are doubting MEW security then there will be many people who move to other secure wallets but I still use MEW because I still believe in MEW and have not thought of changing my wallet
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:39:16 PM

Using metamats is safe? I still use mew because I have not found a replacement for mew. hope mew developer will upgrade the system better in the future

Using metamask should be safer then using MEW.  Basicly that shoved at recent events. Always choose safest option posible.
OneCoinMan

Activity: 644
Merit: 12

Alternative investment banking platform

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:43:30 PM

I'm using a Ledger Nano S + MeW. IMHO, this is the most secure configuration, there is no threat of phishing, there is no threat of stealing keys. Of course, you need to pay for a hardware cold wallet, but security is more important.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
richjohn

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:45:31 PM

It wasn't the website that was compromised, but the Amazon's DNS server.
I haven't stopped using Mew, but have gotten more conscious with its usage. Now I would never enter my private keys if it would show red warning sign.
Fortunately for me, my tokens weren't moved to another address even when I opened it during the time of phishing attack.
bubidan.id

Activity: 185
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:46:25 PM

With the recent hack, I assume a lot of people will switch to something else, what do you think?

I am still using MEW. The reason is 1) I am using a hardware wallet (no chance for my private key to be hacked). 2) I am using the legit chrome extension of MEW, which is a offline version of MEW (not affected by the recent hack).

Same with me. I still using mew. because I use trezor wallet, so my priv key still safe from hacker. I think the hacker can't stolen the token or hacking the wallet if we not share the private key.

Elysian Finance◆   |   Next generation reverse backed token
https://elysian.finance/
K0korap

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 04:46:40 PM

We us MEw at our own cost. There are always risks in using online wallets same as with MEW. I still recommend MEW since it offers convenience in storing our coins. currently, what i do is that i change MEW for every transaction, i just try to maximize the unlimited wallets i could use.

sunno330

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

homt.net

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:52:24 PM

I also using MEW.
Hardware wallet always better than online wallet. But I have no one.
I am using google chrome extension and its safe as I think. There are many people are trouble in hacked issue.
I want to use hardware wallet after some days.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:53:44 PM

I truly believe that it is not hacked, someone just did a mistake. And yes, I do still use MEW, and it is working perfectly for me.
Iyanuisaiah

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:54:26 PM

Yes I'm still using MEW with great caution,because I'm only using it with  trezor that is only secure way i think of right now.
ramayjen

Activity: 112
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:55:50 PM

Yes, I still use MEW. But I'm not accessing it right now due to the recent attack. Just to be careful though. I access my tokens through etherscan.io. So far my tokens are safe. You can also use alternative wallet for now until the attack is over.
topkhai

Activity: 351

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:56:11 PM

I still use MEW, is there a problem now?
Almost all ICOs use this wallet for transactions and I have not found a fatality in MEW. Some MEW accounts have been hacked, I think this is not a system error but a human error. Using a hardware wallet, can you tell me about it!
HadadC

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:58:35 PM

After hack , i cant trust MEW. But many people still use it, and i dont hear any problem with hacking. You know.

❤   humancoin   ❤ (https://www.humancoin.net/)
Join our whitelist!
█A new era of charity █
ferrybitcoin.1996

Activity: 294
Merit: 119

For Bounty Hunters, Don't Cheat or You DIE!!

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 04:59:00 PM

Yes, hardware wallet is more secured than any other wallet one can think of and it puts the user's mind at rest, because, he has nothing to fear. We have always been receiving the news of attack on MEW. Just recently, it was an attack on the DNS. Which i think might happen again.
Sure it will happen again, because it is really open. I mean everytime MEW can be hacked with same method.
I dont know this security issues can be fixed or not. Solution is buying Ledger, but I my country the product is limited and hard to find it.

myworkstrade

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:59:19 PM

MEW is still fine with me, its good but make sure to check the link, lots of phising site out there pretend to be  like MEW. Best thing is use hard wallet. and its good just be careful on the link and always have a secure internet connection and always clear the cache before you access your MEW account. METAmask is one secure now, good luck to . and beware study first.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]    [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]    [    ICO  |  May 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER             TWITTER             TELEGRAM             ANN THREAD

TwSeventh

Activity: 566
Merit: 113

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 05:00:22 PM

I truly believe that it is not hacked, someone just did a mistake. And yes, I do still use MEW, and it is working perfectly for me.

It could be considered as a hack because it was DNS spoofing(the problem lied on their DNS server,it was not our fault).
that means as long as you were active or login in into your account,you will be redirected to 'somewhere' or 'someplace' and then your account will do an automatic transaction.

me too i am still using it,but do not use it many times just like before.
only once a week or around that to prevent phising site and others

Want to pay for a VPS with Bitcoin? Get a Bitcoin VPS from Evolution Host
lafter

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 05:04:43 PM

Yes, I still use MEW. The last hack involved DNS and really did not affect your account if you did not use that DNS and logged in during that time. MEW is the only gateway to access your tokens, so keep your private key and json files secure. Double check the website of MEW when access your property is safe.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: