Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:40:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Great Bitfie Giveaway: 1 lucky winner WILL win entire wallet. Seeded w/$100.  (Read 26231 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 11:35:38 AM
Last edit: November 28, 2013, 04:20:00 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

<Mods, feel free to move this to the appropriate section if I erred in its placement. TY.>

<Moved by mods, originally in the Bitcoin Discussion section. Ironically, I don't believe I've ever set eyes on this section before, not knowing that it existed, albeit I probably viewed threads on the Gambling section a couple time prior.>

1B1TF1E6ohQkkbPmRLwnuHUhtxb8Up6Fde

EDIT: View the prize pool here:https://blockchain.info/address/1B1TF1E6ohQkkbPmRLwnuHUhtxb8Up6Fde[/size]

Temporary wallet address until I have Rassah hash a new one and have all the bitcoins transferred to it, using him as escrow of which I will pay the escrow fee: 1B2pGNTiES3V27cGBm6vu1rA15z5APxumu. Once accomplished, the new wallet address will replace the above address, and if by chance any funds find their way into the original address they, too, will be moved to the official address of which Rassah will have control of.

EDIT: The official address is now 1B1TF1E6ohQkkbPmRLwnuHUhtxb8Up6Fde

I have seeded the prize pool as shown with the following: https://blockchain.info/tx/c29422815e8fbbb3750629706049ecbaf6c96c286c630dae2e8615adc9dc61cb

What's currently in the prize pool can be viewed here (will be changed after a vanity address is hashed): https://blockchain.info/address/1B1TF1E6ohQkkbPmRLwnuHUhtxb8Up6Fde (now official as of 11/27/13)

1B2pGNTiES3V27cGBm6vu1rA15z5APxumu      $100.00

Note: Do not use the above old address. If any funds do happen to hit that address, they will be moved to the official address.

This giveaway was inspired by https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=341212.msg3660938#msg3660938 and has nothing to do with any future website, acting as a standalone endeavor, but inadvertently bringing awareness to bitfie.com if such happens to be developed.

Quoted from the post linked above:

So, what is a Bitfie? A Bitfie is a minute Bitcoin transaction, usually under a US cent (penny) in BTC, but can be upwards to $.99 USD at the exchange rate at the time of the transaction, thus proving that one truly is a Bitcoiner. If the lowest Bitfie (under a US cent/penny) is sent, one is considered a Shrimpie, whereas one sending the highest allowable Bitfie (within 10% of the max) is considered a Whalie. All those sending a Bitfie in between the two extremes are dubbed a Guppie (no "s").

Rules:

• Transfer your Bitfie, up to $.99 USD, to 1B2pGNTiES3V27cGBm6vu1rA15z5APxumu (obsolete, hence the strikethrough) 1B1TF1E6ohQkkbPmRLwnuHUhtxb8Up6Fde (this is now the official address).
  • Only one Bitfie per user account may be submitted. Include the word Bitfie in your post so that a quick search on this forum after the drawing can be conducted to make sure there's no duplicate entries by the same user.
  • Besides including Bitfie to your post, you'll only need to include the "block chain" tx showing your Bitfie to win. Feel free to state whether you're a Shrimpie, Guppie or Whalie, if desire, neither of which will help nor hinder your chances of winning.
  • Include a bitcoin wallet address in your post if different than the one used to send your Bitfie.
  • One CAN later add a Bitfie to a generic post at a later date prior to the closing of this contest, provided they haven't already submitted a Bitfie.
  • The winner will be chosen by some yet to be determined random number generator process, choosing a number between 3 and 10,000, inclusive, of which will represent the post number of this thread, thus the winner, provided the post consists of proof of a Bitfie. If the resulting post doesn't include a Bitfie transaction, i.e. some generic post, or the word Bitfie, then an immediate redraw will commence.
  • A yet to be determined trusted user will conduct the drawing via a live broadcast with witness viewers on hand, and hopefully recorded and uploaded to YouTube. Such an individual will disclose beforehand if s/he is entered in the drawing and provide the post number if such is the case.
  • I will not be partaking in this contest via using a known or unknown user account. Also, there will be a redraw if one of my generic posts is chosen as the winner.
  • An attempt will be made to contact the winner via PM prior to transferring the funds, mainly to make sure their correct Bitcoin wallet address is in place.
  • Deadline for submitting a Bitfie is when 10,000 posts to this thread is reached, of which the majority will probably be only Bitfie transaction submissions, or exactly one year from the date (to the second) of the creation of this thread, whichever occurs first.
  • The entire Bitfie wallet will be paid out in full, regardless of its worth, shortly after the deadline for submissions is reached--10,000 posts or in one year, as stated above.

I've proven myself to be fair and honest in all past bounties and contests I've conducted, and this will not be an exception. Each entrant has nothing to lose but bitcents, and could win over a thousand dollars if the exchange rate rises enough. I'll have nothing to gain from this since I seeded the contest with $100 USD, and the monies will be outta my control once transferred to the newly hashed wallet address controlled by Rassah, a very trustworthy Bitcoiner.

I want to pay Rassah $20 USD for the hashing service and acting as escrow beforehand (ASAP), and dearly hope he doesn't refuse payment, i.e. opting to do it for free. Albeit, a trifle amount probably in both our eyes, it's still a token of appreciation for all the work he's done for me, among others, in the past.

I reserve the right to amend this contest, probably mainly on the grammar aspect but, moreover, adding further clarity to the rules, yet not taking away, hopefully, the overall guidelines of the contest as it stands now.

Feel free to quote this OP, and any grammar edits will be in italics, with any other changes expressed as an edit below my name.

Who, here, wants to conduct the very first Bitfie transaction? If you make it exactly $.1337 USD (13.37 cents), you'll be forever known as the first person to send an Eletie (eat your heart out, Matthew  Grin). I've already dubbed a $.69 USD Bitfie as a Sextie-ninie, therefore feel free to try your hand at coining new words for other Bitfie amounts, i.e. $.42 is a ___________. The rules our simple: Add ie to the end of word that best describes the number represented in US cents. Added points awarded if the resulting coinage has a humorous connotation, along with being added to the Bitfie master list, yet to be penned.

Bruno Kucinskas

EDIT: To be clear, format your post similar to as follows, of which MUST include the word Bitfie and the tx ID.

https://blockchain.info/tx/c29422815e8fbbb3750629706049ecbaf6c96c286c630dae2e8615adc9dc61cb

Bitfie

The following is optional info that can be included in your post (plural, if using multiple user accounts to gain an edge):

I sent X cents (USD) or X BTC. (or similar verbiage)

I'm coining it as a/an ______ie. (If I like the coinage, I'll include it in some future master list on some future Bitfie site, i.e. bitfie.com, if developed. Until then, I'll track and list any newly coined Bitfie below.

I'm now a Shrimpie (or Guppie or Whalie). (word it however you desire) (A Shrimpie is one that submits less than or equal to 1 US cent, a Whalie is one who submits between 89 and 99 US cents, inclusive, and a Guppie is one that submits any amount over 1 US cent up to less than exactly 89 US cents.

Coined words and its representative amounts, along with who made its first Bitfie transaction, to date:

• Eletie (1.337 cents)
  • Pi-ie (3.14 cents) (BenTuras)
  • Sexie-giftie (6.9 cents) (jambola2)
  • Luckie (7 cents) jambola2)
  • Bobbie (7-8 cents--exact amount pending) (railzand)
  • Un-luckie (pending) (13 cents) (jambola2)
  • Sextie-ninie (69 cents)

Moving the above to Post #2, since I'll be adding to it periodically.

After one submits, then claims the first Eletie transaction, there's still the option of someone coining, then claiming mEletie, provided the terminology fits the transaction amount.

EDIT: Once this post is quoted, all major grammatical corrections will be in italics.

EDIT: Adding the following to the overall rules:

Go to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=341886 and post the following:

Code:
Bitfie

I'm not paying less than a penny to enter this stupid giveaway thingie because I'm a Bit-pinchie.

You don't have to use the code wrap format, but it would be nice if you did.

Only one entry per user account, thus all your socks can participate.

If a Bit-pinchie is drawn first, they WILL NOT be entitled to the whole prize pool, unlike those that paid-to-play, of which will win the entire pool if chosen first, whereupon the contest will be declared over. But, if a Bit-pinchie is drawn first, then they will win only 10% of the pool, then a re-draw will commence until a person who submitted a Bitfie is declared a winner.

Given the above, it's possible to now have 10 winners, all receiving 10% of the prize pool each. Hell, if one has enough sockpuppet accounts, mathematically they could win it all without doling out one satoshi, of which is the bear minimum to enter, then be dubbed a Shrimpie or, in this case, a Satoshie, if the pay-to-play amount is exactly .0000001 BTC.

So, you wanna be a Bit-pinchie, Satoshie or Shrimpie? You're call. The only other two current options are Guppie or Whalie, but I somehow doubt that'll be the case since you're here reading on how to enter a giveaway contest for free.

~TMIBTCITW

PS: All entries must be posted in the linked thread above to qualify, and NOT this one. Feel free to ask questions in this thread, troll, or post links to view naked goats. I don't give a damn.

EDIT: The transfer to the official wallet, under Rassah's control, of which I have already paid him for acting as escrow, is now complete: https://blockchain.info/tx/0bc1562c177a87ecade3e0b4ca158142aea22c8d2a344355486b3dc0ed8fce15

Again, the official vanity Bitcoin wallet address for the Bitfie giveaway is 1B1TF1E6ohQkkbPmRLwnuHUhtxb8Up6Fde

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 11:37:54 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2014, 05:39:51 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Reserved

Coined words and its representative amounts, along with who made its first Bitfie transaction, to date:

• Stiffie (0.00010000 BTC) (buyandhold)
  • Paradiddlie (0.0001011 BTC) (cAPSLOCK)
  • Eletie (1.337 cents) (Light)
  • Duckie (2 cents) (jeffreylin_)
  • Pi-ie (3.14 cents) (BenTuras)
  • Nicklie (5 cents) (ajax3592)
  • Sexie-giftie (6.9 cents) (jambola2)
  • Luckie (7 cents) jambola2)
  • Bobbie (7.43 cents) (railzand)
  • Un-luckie (13 cents) (jambola2)
  • Meaning-of-Lifie (42 cents) (Kith)
  • Sextie-ninie (69 cents) (TheNewAnon135)

Pending (will be added to the above once the first transaction is made so that proper credit is given):

• Tree-fiddie (3.50 cents)
  • Dankie (4.20 cents)
  • Eight-ballie (8 cents)
  • Dimie (10 cents)
  • Bo-Diddlie (12.30 cents)
  • Alienie (51 cents)
  • Spoonie (66 cents)
  • Get-Smartie (99 cents)
BenTuras

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:16:51 PM

I am pi-ing myself into this...
https://blockchain.info/tx/8196a15c6b462b03ffb448bfe34f70c9a804fe1336a129910c4c5099d3738dd1

0.00470544 BTC x $667,65 ~ 3.14159

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 04:40:54 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2013, 06:12:14 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

I am pi-ing myself into this...
https://blockchain.info/tx/8196a15c6b462b03ffb448bfe34f70c9a804fe1336a129910c4c5099d3738dd1

0.00470544 BTC x $667,65 ~ 3.14159

BenTuras will now always be recognized as the first person to ever send a Bitfie and a Pi-ie. When asked how he felt about such recognition, along with being the first Guppie, he replied, "I like turtles!"  Roll Eyes

This giveaway is now closed due to lack of interest, and all monies will be diverted to BrunoDF.  Grin

Seriously, thanks kindly, Ben, for playing, but the only thing you had correct according to the rules outlined was the inclusion of the tx in your post. A Bitfie is a dollar amount $.99 USD or LESS, whereas you contributed $3.14159. I believe you figured the BTC decimal amount incorrectly, adding one more zero to the right of the decimal point would have resulted close to your chosen transaction amount.

Also, it seems like you're opting to call it a Pi-ing, albeit you used it as an adjective (or is it a verb?).

But, never fear, TMIBTCITW is here--to save the day. Don't want Gavin Superman to receive all the credit here in Bitcoinland.  Grin

Here's how I'm going to remedy the situation:

• I'm going to keep what you sent as part the prize pool.
  • I'm going to transfer back to you $3 USD only via a different Bitcoin wallet address, thus you added 14+ cents to the pool.
  • You will receive credit, and will always be known as the guy who sent the first Bitfie and first Pi-ie (31.415658 cents).

You're also the first Guppie (pronounced guppy, as in the fish--luckily, I Google that, for I had it mis-spelled--u instead of an o).

No need to edit your post, Ben. Please PM me as to what address you desire the $3 USD rebate sent to. I'm going to PM you now and reference this post.

See, all, how fair and honest I am, albeit possibly all bets are off on the latter if the the pool amount exceeds a million dollars. Fuck me! I can't even do that, for I won't have access to the wallet. Perhaps Rassah could be bribed with a new coffee table.  Grin

TMIBTCITW

The current prize pool is $110.91.
BenTuras

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 08:46:39 PM

.... I believe you figured the BTC decimal amount incorrectly
Nope, I broke the rules intentially Tongue
Just for the fun of it and to add some to the pool prize.
No need to send back the us$3, if you really want it out of the pool prize, donate it to the Red Cross.

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2013, 10:47:52 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2013, 03:33:24 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

.... I believe you figured the BTC decimal amount incorrectly
Nope, I broke the rules intentially Tongue
Just for the fun of it and to add some to the pool prize.
No need to send back the us$3, if you really want it out of the pool prize, donate it to the Red Cross.

I'll assume you won't mind then if I donate it to Sean's Outpost (not the Thansgiving fund). I'll add to it, thus it'll act as a bump to keep the thread close to the first page.

Thank you so kindly, Ben, for not only playing, but allowing me to donate to SO in your name.

Thanks to a third Bitfie by an unknown party, and the rise to the exchange rate, the prize pool is as follows: https://blockchain.info/address/1B2pGNTiES3V27cGBm6vu1rA15z5APxumu

Total Received   $114.59
BenTuras

View Profile
November 22, 2013, 07:33:38 AM

I'll assume you won't mind then if I donate it to Sean's Outpost (not the Thansgiving fund). I'll add to it, thus it'll act as a bump to keep the thread close to the first page.
Yeah, that's fine.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2013, 04:13:57 PM

The current prize pool is $125.36

You only have to be a Shrimpie to enter.

~TMIBTCITW
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 05:55:59 AM

The current prize pool is $130.18

I'm not sure what it'll take for you guys to play, but I have a hunch, hence 'bout to pen another thread to get you cheap asses enrolled in The Great Bitfie Giveaway.

~TMIBTCITW
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 07:03:04 AM

I'm adding the following to the OP:

Go to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=341886 and post the following:

Code:
Bitfie

I'm not paying less than a penny to enter this stupid giveaway thingie because I'm a Bit-pinchie.

You don't have to use the code wrap format, but it would be nice if you did.

Only one entry per user account, thus all your socks can participate.

If a Bit-pinchie is drawn first, they WILL NOT be entitled to the whole prize pool, unlike those that paid-to-play, of which will win the entire pool if chosen first, whereupon the contest will be declared over. But, if a Bit-pinchie is drawn first, then they will win only 10% of the pool, then a re-draw will commence until a person who submitted a Bitfie is declared a winner.

Given the above, it's possible to now have 10 winners, all receiving 10% of the prize pool each. Hell, if one has enough sockpuppet accounts, mathematically they could win it all without doling out one satoshi, of which is the bear minimum to enter, then be dubbed a Shrimpie or, in this case, a Satoshie, if the pay-to-play amount is exactly .0000001 BTC.

So, you wanna be a Bit-pinchie, Satoshie or Shrimpie? You're call. The only other two current options are Guppie or Whalie, but I somehow doubt that'll be the case since you're here reading on how to enter a giveaway contest for free.

~TMIBTCITW

PS: All entries must be posted in the linked thread above to qualify, and NOT this one. Feel free to ask questions in this thread, troll, or post links to view naked goats. I don't give a damn.
Malongo

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 07:04:38 AM

Code:
Bitfie

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 07:06:05 AM
Last edit: November 23, 2013, 07:37:17 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Code:
Bitfie

I learnt something today! (not a diss toward the entrant, but about human nature in general)
jparsley

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 08:53:01 AM

Code:
Bitfie

please unban me.
railzand

Activity: 462

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 09:02:24 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2013, 05:14:39 PM by railzand

My dear good Bitfie old chap, what a splendid lark, or wheeze.

I have sent a Bobbie.

A Bobbie is one shilling sterling.

Said bob: https://blockchain.info/tx-index/ed0fd1d7fcbfebb0b805b9644d17b0194446fdcb21d5a4157e7f80b4d790f40c

Best of British,

railzand

"Shilling for whom?" one might ask. Check my sig....

Overdaix

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 11:42:51 AM

Code:
Bitfie

jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 12:08:38 PM

Hello Bitfie community !
I am a Triskaidekaphile. While most people consider thirteen unlucky , the holy lord of 13s says other wise.
I have sent a "unluck-but-actually-luckfie" ( 13c )
https://blockchain.info/tx/93aab05a8bf1923d7204bdd01c50f95a54a48bf24fed9aa95966bec093699c02

The prophet of the thirteens,
jambola2

(P.S : I may have a bit of bias , being born on the thirteenth of a month )

EDIT : What do I do with the huge transaction fees -.-
You should request between 1$ and 10$

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
affan

Activity: 308

Create smart contracts without coding skills!

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 02:21:13 PM

Code:
Bitfie

Grin

ALFATOKEN   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★   Sept, 29 - Oct, 29
Boelens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 04:52:18 PM

Wait, what? Am I the only one who doesn't understand this? I don't quite understand the entire concept of a bitfie and how to enter this.
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2013, 05:03:08 PM

Am I the only one who doesn't understand this?
No

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2013, 05:24:20 PM

My dear good Biftie old chap, what a splendid lark, or wheeze.

I have sent a Bobbie.

A Bobbie is one shilling sterling.

Said bob: https://blockchain.info/tx-index/ed0fd1d7fcbfebb0b805b9644d17b0194446fdcb21d5a4157e7f80b4d790f40c

Best of British,

railzand

"Shilling for whom?" one might ask. Check my sig....

I say, that's jolly good, my dear fellow.

http://resources.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/questions/moneyold.htm

Bobbie it is! I like it! But, would you, or some other be so kind as to attach an exact US cent amount to a Bobbie? It looks like it's in the 7-8 cents range.

Thanks for playing, railzand, and it looks like you're officially entered since your post does include the word Bitfie and a link to the "block chain" tx.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: