Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:16:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it my impression or media is biased towards bad news ?  (Read 3144 times)
Oleg345678

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 06:34:20 AM

Yes you are right. I have long ceased to trust the media and no longer watch them on TV for about 2 years. Their goal is a high rating, and for this they spread panic. They do not provide accurate information. It is a pity that most people believe in what they say
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Edgegeraldine

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:38:50 AM

Don't trust too much on bad rumors. You should listen to the sharing of failed lessons and the success of experts in the crypto field and save the necessary information.
cunguks

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

Polkadog - Multi-Chain Defi Meme

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:48:00 AM

The work of media is just about making news based from what's happening. They made news based from the facts and of course it is true. Media has their ethics as well. However, what would release by the media is all from editorial meeting. And sometimes, some media moves based from the owner intentions. Some of them are usually not a big media. They're just an online small media company. No big media will produce the news until 95% of the bad. Just take a look at forbes, the guardians, the economist etc. Since the media have to produce news in balance, they won't do such things.

Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 02:25:08 PM
Merited by yatsey87 (1)

The work of media is just about making news based from what's happening. They made news based from the facts and of course it is true. Media has their ethics as well. However, what would release by the media is all from editorial meeting. And sometimes, some media moves based from the owner intentions. Some of them are usually not a big media. They're just an online small media company. No big media will produce the news until 95% of the bad. Just take a look at forbes, the guardians, the economist etc. Since the media have to produce news in balance, they won't do such things.
But those are rather big companies. I think the "media" that we're talking about in here are the ones that we see on the TV. Local channels, not international channels. International channels will be called out by so many people, since they have so much audience, and would hurt their reputation if they release biased news. Local channels, on the other hand, can't be called out at all. People often do, but to no avail. They don't really care even when a post on social media regarding them being biased gets viral. There would be people lucky enough to know the truth but most only have the TV as a source of news. It's been 3 times already when a local channel has announced and warned the people in my country about bitcoin. They say it's a scam yet here we are, enjoying profits. Roll Eyes

And I bet they, themselves, have bitcoin investments too. They just don't want people to be so involved in something so revolutionary.

Yes you are right. I have long ceased to trust the media and no longer watch them on TV for about 2 years. Their goal is a high rating, and for this they spread panic. They do not provide accurate information. It is a pity that most people believe in what they say
Same here, I have stopped watching TV for as long as I can remember. It's just full of misleading information. Plus, it really is true that they are selling FUD. More FUD, more people are going to listen to them. Whatever that will sell to the people, they are going to be airing. The news doesn't really care about regular murders or whatnot. They care about news that are about a mother who was killed by her own child, because it brings more people in. Also, the news aren't really allowed to say bad things to the government since the government can shut down their channel right away.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Eminem23

Activity: 394
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 02:29:25 PM

News from day to day serves new, and change every day, one day the coin will try everything well, as the other full collapse and nothing can be done, so you need to be reliable.
BronstadID

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:03:55 PM

This isn't just your impression, but I don't think they aim to destroy Bitcoin either. I guess they keep spreading the news that sells even if it's fake news. Who cares? All they care for is $$$$. And the more, the better. Sometimes, I believe they may help someone destroy something or someone, but just for a reasonable consideration, i.e. more $$$$. That's about it.  Cool
chandra12

Activity: 176
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:38:49 PM

The actual press has established a lot of question within the thoughts of individuals producing all of them frightened from the company as well as which makes it seem like the rip-off that is absolutely no great occasionally personally i think these people receive money or even they're simply already been biased.
BigBlackSheep57

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:10:29 PM

Not all the media but some of them, are biased. It is a true fact that all the media run towards how to gain much TRP and they get it largely by telecasting only bad news.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:12:11 PM

Don't trust too much on bad rumors. You should listen to the sharing of failed lessons and the success of experts in the crypto field and save the necessary information.

Medias these days are hard to trust since there are a lot of time that they just want to make up stories and tell it in a broadcast so they will be able to earn money. I don't trust the news right now unless that the news being reported is close to our place where I can confirm whether the news is really true or not.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
registrio

Activity: 28
Merit: 21

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:13:48 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2018, 09:47:07 PM by registrio

Do you think the media is trying to destroy Bitcoin and cryptocurrency ? I think they show 95% of the times only bad news. Why is this happening ?

Disagree, in decembre, all medias were very optimistic toward cryptocurrencies. It is all about the "hype curve".
euronine897

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 08:07:13 AM

of course, the media are showing bad news to intimidate people, and so that people can quickly sell their bitcoins and altcoins)

What media is doing is something like market manipulation and any crypto currency cannot reached to its highest potential in the market due to the bad behavior of media because often negative information's are broadcasts to public viewers always make there hopes and confidence about crypto assets to crash instantly which make price to fall all the time without giving any currency to increase its price   
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:03:48 PM

of course, the media are showing bad news to intimidate people, and so that people can quickly sell their bitcoins and altcoins)

What media is doing is something like market manipulation and any crypto currency cannot reached to its highest potential in the market due to the bad behavior of media because often negative information's are broadcasts to public viewers always make there hopes and confidence about crypto assets to crash instantly which make price to fall all the time without giving any currency to increase its price   

The only ones that are affected by the false information the media is giving to the people are the ones who aren't in the business yet. The ones that are in here know well that those are nothing but lies and are well-aware that media spreads FUD every single day because that's what gives them the most traffic. They aren't going to feature the people that have made fortune from crypto, but rather, they are going to feature the newbies that were once a victim of HYIP or a ponzi scheme or cloud mining and then claim that it was bitcoin that scammed them. It's impossible that the understandings of the people behind the news is that shallow since all the information about bitcoin is out there and it has a logical explanation why bitcoin has reached that price.

This isn't just your impression, but I don't think they aim to destroy Bitcoin either. I guess they keep spreading the news that sells even if it's fake news. Who cares? All they care for is $$$$. And the more, the better. Sometimes, I believe they may help someone destroy something or someone, but just for a reasonable consideration, i.e. more $$$$. That's about it.  Cool

They really have no reputation to keep so they can do this all the time. They spread fake news just every now and then but not most of the time, so they are still going to appear credible to the people. Getting bashed on social media and having viral posts about them spreading misinformation is even what they like more because their name appears on people's timeline. They don't care about reputation because they know that people are still going to trust them even after reading that they have been spreading wrong information.

brutalboy

Activity: 18

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 07:17:14 PM

The only ones that are affected by the false information the media is giving to the people are the ones who aren't in the business yet. The ones that are in here know well that those are nothing but lies and are well-aware that media spreads FUD every single day because that's what gives them the most traffic. They aren't going to feature the people that have made fortune from crypto, but rather, they are going to feature the newbies that were once a victim of HYIP or a ponzi scheme or cloud mining and then claim that it was bitcoin that scammed them. It's impossible that the understandings of the people behind the news is that shallow since all the information about bitcoin is out there and it has a logical explanation why bitcoin has reached that price.

They really have no reputation to keep so they can do this all the time. They spread fake news just every now and then but not most of the time, so they are still going to appear credible to the people. Getting bashed on social media and having viral posts about them spreading misinformation is even what they like more because their name appears on people's timeline. They don't care about reputation because they know that people are still going to trust them even after reading that they have been spreading wrong information.

Sad, but true. Unfortunately. And the worst part is that people usually trust them all the time, so nothing will change...
Naginiya

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 06:26:09 AM
Merited by Sithawaka (1)

This is a new way of war strategy backed by powerful banks and governments and these kind of strategies are used when you cannot kill the enemy which is bitcoin and the crypto market through legal ways by actions because the enemy is very powerful and we know how much money circulated in the crypto world even now and how many new businesses are implemented per month and that make so many people rely on cryptocurrencies and the network so any single government cannot destroy the crypto world and that is why they are using the media to neutralize the crypto market before they take down it

████████████         AVXChange         ████████████
tumokatok

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:05:53 AM

social media is indeed a medium to get information quickly even though sometimes the information presented is not reliable, it also happens to negative information about bitcoin because many people who are not happy with a clean financial technology free of corruption
Coongcoongler

Activity: 68

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:09:41 AM

I'm kinda confused seeing that, because everytime i see news about crypto or bitcoin related, they only bring bad things and informations that make bitcoin image become even more negative.
I don't know why, but maybe because people prefer to see bad things instead of good one because it's more entertaining.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 06:06:51 AM

I'm kinda confused seeing that, because everytime i see news about crypto or bitcoin related, they only bring bad things and informations that make bitcoin image become even more negative.
I don't know why, but maybe because people prefer to see bad things instead of good one because it's more entertaining.

I guess this is what the media give the news to the people. some media doesn't care if their news can make people become panic because they only want to get famous with that news. I think when you got this news, you need to find another news so you can compare between that news and you can analyze each news so you can find what news that giving a true story. I am sure that there is news that can give a true story for their readers and they are given the fact to the people.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
tkaush

Activity: 121

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 12:41:52 PM

Media does that because now days most media organizations are making a by spreading a some sort of lie because how big the lie they say more people will consider and believe without a doubt so without doing any proper researches and analyzing they spread negative information about bitcoin and cryptocurrencies and the problem is many people listen to these things and sell there tokens so the market collapse and that is why everyone should carefully select which is true and which is not when taking information to invest
FavoriteBinolo

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:22:51 PM

Yes, the media are concentrated primarily on bad news, but they can't destroy Bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Their role is probably to swing the market and cause FUD to "promote" active trade Wink
4builder

Activity: 13
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 09:10:06 PM

They can do whatever they want to, but they can't destroy one of the most promising technologies out there. In some ways, I believe it's beneficial for all of us here when the media make the market go up and down. The more they do it, the more money we can make trading because without fluctuations the market is dead. Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: