Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:57:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When you try explain crypto to a non tech person!  (Read 699 times)
kololo

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:39:48 AM

I will tell the non tech person that crypto is created by math not by centeral bank. No one can change the speed of making money not like decided by the central bank.

And centeral bank has much lower rate in inflation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Haunebu

Activity: 3052
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:52:05 AM

The fact is that you don't need to be a genius if you wish to understand how the cryptocurrency world functions. Many people around the world these days(Tech or non-tech) are expressing their interest in crypto these days due to the spike in the value of Bitcoin and other altcoins. The basic fact is that cryptocurrencies are associated with money which itself helps people gain interest automatically. Best way to try and explain crypto to a tech or non-tech person is lead them to the best cryptocurrency forum around(Bitcointalk) and tell them to check out the various threads in this forum.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
nanik nasal

Activity: 283
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:13:12 PM

cryptocurrency currency is very easy to be understood and understood by everyone. I just told them that investment in crypto will improve the economy in the future, then I try to give understanding to them such as:
1. understanding of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology
2. how does cryptocurrency and blockchain technology work?
3. advantage of using cryptocurrency
4. types of cryptocurrency
5. how to avoid theft or fraud from cryptocurrency
Polipog

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:19:51 PM

Explaining about cryptocurrency into a non tech person are not easy at all, because mostly of them don't really knows on how crypto business contributes good financial income, and majority of them curiously on which the financial or funding of cryptocurrency business came from.
dobidobi88

Activity: 165

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:28:28 PM

I love the looks i get when i try to explain crypto to a non tech person! How do you guys deal with situations like these?

Explaining crypto to people who do not want to know it is a waste. If anyone asks about crypto, I will try to explain it very simply, especially to people who do not understand technology.
Kiefner

Activity: 921
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:59:57 PM

Personally, I'm not trying to explain yourself to anyone. I had a period when I said that it is very cool and explained what are cryptocurrencies. But more often come to me and begin to impose their opinion that Bitcoin is a pyramid scheme and that cryptocurrency is shit. After that, I want to send such people, but I calmly answer, "Well, I agree with you, but while you were telling me, a few people with the help of cryptocurrencies were able to make a profit the size of your salary."

●   TOP EXCHANGE IEO   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
bigcrocodile

Activity: 41
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 12:58:12 PM

I have never faced such situation in my life, so it is tough for me to judge, but I guess I would say something among the lines of “Do you have webmoney or paypal? Yeah, so crypto is just like that only with other names”
montreal

Activity: 328
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:31:51 PM

This is a real test. A person simply does not understand how money can not be on a credit card and not in his hands. His brain does not want to be aware of such information and the reality of such technologies.

DAEX ◄► RELIABLE CLEARING ECOSYSTEM ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ANNWHITEPAPERBOUNTY 
fernandoaleixo

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

Community Manager at Bitsurf.eu

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 02:33:58 PM

I'm horrible at explaining such things, it either end up as "So it's a scam, right" or "So it's like digital gold, right?" and that makes me really angry! At least with my friends, I'm done...
xda-developer

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:35:45 PM

I love the looks i get when i try to explain crypto to a non tech person! How do you guys deal with situations like these?

Nobody understands anything. Even those who have relations with the IT sphere can not understand.
More precisely, they can understand the technology, and they know what the Hash function is, but they can not correlate the price of bitcoin and the technology.

victory.lil

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 02:43:46 PM

It is very difficult to explain, because many people do not care how they will continue to live, why then the majority of people believe that they will have everything steadily and they clearly do not think about tomorrow.
Sasha88x

Activity: 156

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 09:31:34 AM

I don't tell anyone about cryptocurrency. People are very distrustful of the Bitcoin and believe that cryptocurrency is a fraud
Jombrangs

Activity: 630
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 03:18:35 PM

Hmm. For me in explaining the cryptocurrency in non tech person , we should start to the basic what is the concept of cryptucrrency and its essentials in our society to inform them that this matter really cares for our future.
Remix00525

Activity: 75

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 09:28:18 AM

For me, I try to explain it in a short way that I can make sure that he or she can understands what I am saying. Sometimes if that person don't really understand, that's when I gave an example that that person knows what I am using as an example. At the end if that person understands what I said about crypto currency all is cool.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 09:33:05 AM

I've dealt with people who are non tech who's willing to get into cryptocurrencies.

What I'm teaching them is on how to use an exchange app so that if they want to buy, they can just see their balance on their own. That's the most basic part of teaching and also I'm telling them on how volatile the market is and on how they should store their crypto's better on a wallet where they hold private keys and exchange's app doesn't have that.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
MalakEnay

Activity: 52
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:05:01 PM

For me it was never easy to deal with this type of situation, because I have always been a person with a tendency to speak with a very technical and high language, so it was always quite complicated for my interlocutors to try to understand the basic concepts related to cryptocurrencies and bitcoin.

Now I have learned that it is easier for people to understand bitcoin from the perspective of its advantages as an effective and practical substitute for the current economic model based on fiat money, because as we all do in the real economy, we do not need understand in detail how the banking system works to use our money or our credit or debit cards in an appropriate way.

◌▬▬◌ CRYPTOXYGEN | A Crypto Exchange Integrated In Hardware Thomson Computing ◌▬▬◌
ICO IS LIVE NOW‼ ▬◌ Visit : www.cryptoxygen.io
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:12:56 PM

Non-tech person will not understand what is bitcoin and how the blockchain works, simply trying to tell them that bitcoin is a payment method for purchasing stuff online and also they can hold them as an investment tool since the price is speculative. They might ask you some question such as a mining process, I think it's better if you can show some video from youtube while you explain to them, that's what I did explaining bitcoin to people in my circle.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1333

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:31:30 PM

Simple I do not do it anymore, I did that in the past but since I got so many negative responses I simply refuse to do it anymore, as you may guess a lot of people came knocking at my door in December wanting to learn everything they could about cryptocurrencies, I refused since I was tired of it but I gave them a warning, do not invest in something you do not understand, and as you may guess they did and lost almost everything.
Props123

Activity: 171

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:37:19 PM

I must say it's somehow frustrating to explain crypto to a non tech person especially person's who have not shown interest. They see you as being weird. Unless it's someone who has shown interest and is ready to learn then it'll be easier.
bangjoe

Activity: 1428
Merit: 688

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:39:06 PM

For me it was never easy to deal with this type of situation, because I have always been a person with a tendency to speak with a very technical and high language, so it was always quite complicated for my interlocutors to try to understand the basic concepts related to cryptocurrencies and bitcoin.

Now I have learned that it is easier for people to understand bitcoin from the perspective of its advantages as an effective and practical substitute for the current economic model based on fiat money, because as we all do in the real economy, we do not need understand in detail how the banking system works to use our money or our credit or debit cards in an appropriate way.
I agree with you, we don't need to know about bitcoin with all the systems we need to know is how it will make a profit because I think most people use bitcoin not for transactions but for investment but I admit, know more in my opinion it's better just only some people don't have the ability to do that

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███