Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:46:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to exchange your altcoins for dollars or btc?  (Read 3317 times)
siupang2

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 01:48:33 PM

In this bear market I will exchange my alts to dollar due to the price, I will keep my investment at safe condition, when the market is stabilize or showing a good sign then I will start to exchange to bitcoin again, well I will lost some because of the fees but it will be good for long term I think
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
5thFear

Activity: 1260
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2019, 01:51:32 PM

Well when the market is going down then exchange your coins for fiat and when the markets is going up, put them back in the market. And i think this is what trading is.
misterj

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 02:34:12 PM

I think, it is better to invest it rather than keep it as a altcoin or bitcoin because we all know that the market is not in favorable place. Since altcoins are closely attached to bitcoin then a decrease of value affects the value of other altcoins. Fiat however does not do much when keep outside a bank or an invesment.

██▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▄Blockchain Art Platform
█▄▀░░█▄▄▄█▄█▄▀[Twitter]  [Telegram] [Reddit] [Medium]
░░░█▄█▄▄▄█░░█▄█▄▄Tradable Assets  Unique Ownership  Proven Authenticity
clipto

Activity: 311
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 02:50:11 PM

It depends on what your goals are. If you believe in altcoins I do not see any reasons for selling them. After a big dump, comes a much great pump, so stay strong and wait for the better market conditions.
adamreb

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 04:43:27 AM

I believe that those of us involved in the field of cryptocurrencies should feel compelled to act in accordance with our ideals and therefore, we should prioritize the accumulation of bitcoins before the accumulation of dollars.

We must always keep in mind that one of the reasons that led to the emergence of cryptocurrencies is the search for alternatives to fiat money, therefore there would be no reason for us to exchange our valuable cryptos for centralized money.

You should always take the right decision individually. Be sure to take into account the current situation in the crypto market and its work strategy. While I am forced to talk about the price instability of most reliable cryptocurrencies. Therefore, it is important to allocate your investments for the purchase of various reliable coins, not limited to only one or several cryptocurrencies.
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 06:08:33 AM

If you see Bitcoin has a potential to grow, than bitcoin is the choice. For example bitcoin is now at $3.5k so, it will be better if you convert into Bitcoin now but when it was $20k, it was not worthy to hold on btc rather you should convert those into fiat aka dollar.
sonicwave

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

https://saturn.black

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 07:11:42 AM

I believe that those of us involved in the field of cryptocurrencies should feel compelled to act in accordance with our ideals and therefore, we should prioritize the accumulation of bitcoins before the accumulation of dollars.

We must always keep in mind that one of the reasons that led to the emergence of cryptocurrencies is the search for alternatives to fiat money, therefore there would be no reason for us to exchange our valuable cryptos for centralized money.
Now there is one problem - a constant recession without the possibility of a rise, so investors are looking to withdraw their investments in hard currency to remove the loss factor and think about future investments.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 08:12:12 AM

I think it is not necessary to exchange our altcoins into bitcoin or dollars. It is still better to trade it into other altcoins, so that we can explore about other projects and to gain some more knowledge about crypto trading. But it is still up to the pairing to the crypto markets of your altcoins, if it is only paired with btc or usd, then you have no choice but to trade on it and just buy other altcoins if you wish.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
guffie

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 08:16:25 AM

For me, I exchange Bitcoin coins because this will be more profitable. Even though Bitcoin is now very low in price, it still has great potential to bounce back. And when prices rise, the profits we get are very large.
Gatsby club

Activity: 406

keyTango

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 09:06:39 AM

I think that you should never be a supporter of any one dogmatic idea, even if we are talking about accumulating Bitcoin, every person has a completely different life situation and it will suit someone and not to someone, therefore, in general, this idea sounds pretty interesting but may not be suitable for everyone.

Ambers

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 09:54:22 AM

Advising people not to accumulate dollars and to accumulate Bitcoin is certainly reasonable. And even I think that this would be the right advice, provided that such a person would be able to keep their investments for several years, but if a person does not have the opportunity to keep these assets for so long, then this advice may not be suitable.
emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2019, 11:04:53 AM

Yes, it is better to exchange altcoins for dollars or bitcoin, but in the present market situation you would get much if you exchange it, so it would be better to hold them and exchange when the market goes in bull trend again.

Aryleeto

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 11:04:40 PM

If the coins that you hold are promising, then it seems to me that you should not change them for anything, it is best to leave them until better times!
Especially in this market it is better to wait out the fall, and wait for the price to return to the previous levels , unless of course you only keep good coins , I think by the end of this year it is worth waiting for some shifts !

EASY FEEDBACK, WORKING SINCE 2015  (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 11:38:15 PM

if now it depends if you want to secure dollar assets to be a good choice, but if you want to use assets owned to add select btc and use btc for that
What's the different between the stable crypto and bitcoin? it's on the volatility. I guess based on your opinion and you don't know what are you talking about dude. It's about how to avoid the volatility if you are wanna secure your money and keep the value become stable.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
zero714309

Activity: 749
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 11:51:54 PM

When you decide become a trader necessarily exchange assets into btc will be more interesting and profitable because movement which is dominant and overwhelming than usd. But back again on the choice of each person but personally I prefer to exchange to btc because it will be a lot of options for entry into market with altcoin so we can more have the option to gain profit.
adterna

Activity: 1008

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 12:05:27 AM

I agree with us as crypto anthusiast must prioritize cryto compared to paper money, because we as crypto anthusiast must be able to realize the payment of our basic needs using crypto, slowly but surely crypto will replace fiat.

────────  WORLD BEST MINER  ────────
CRYPTO MINING  [       JOIN NOW!          ]
GENESIS MINING  [       JOIN NOW!          ]
marksayson

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2019, 12:08:58 AM

If you want that your funds will be safe without changing its values, you can exchange it with dollars. But if you want to safekeep your funds and expecting to rise its value, exchange it to btc, but the assurance of getting high value has a big risk and can be changed.

BankDex.io  / Decentralized Exchange
clavirda

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 01:43:32 PM

In each case, the appropriate decision needs to be made in view of the current situation on the crypto market. Last year, we saw rapid growth in the altcoins market, so investors could get a big profit thanks to their purchase. I am now distributing my money for the purchase of BTC and some good altcoins with excellent price increase potential.
Zidan Bst

View Profile
January 27, 2019, 02:31:30 PM

I think for daily and monthly trader is best choice to exchange their altcoins in the usdt. Because for btc pair it is volatile .
For long term trader is best to choice to hold their altcoins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
  Print  

Jump to: