Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:52:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Centralized coins  (Read 923 times)
BITSPANISH

Activity: 486
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:47:00 PM

This is not necessary because in the cryptocurrencies market investors have their own options, without the need for a group of potential investors. By doing so, investors will only invest in three cryptos, BTC, ETH, and XRP, creating an imbalance in the cryptocurrencies ecosystem. So your opinion is unreasonable.

✦ ───   OATH   ─── ✦ 
BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL
▌▐ ───────  Facebook ⬝  Telegram ⬝  Twitter ⬝   GitHub ⬝  Medium  ────── ▌▐ 
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bibitao67

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:00:04 AM

centralized coins aim more for the long term success than making 100x easy money and become millionaires in a short time, so centralized coins focus more on development I mean the big ones rather than making money more.
hihitao50

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:24:43 PM

Though all currency are subject to manipulation but the more centralized a currency is, the more the degree of manipulation.
In fact, that is the essence of whale holders in most cryptocurrencies. They own a high percentage of the coin and therefore dictate the direction of the currency or project. If the major aim of a whale holder of a centralized coin is to be get the price to surpass that of bitcoin, with enough resources he/she would surely impact the price.
Haley craft

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:28:06 PM

The more concentrated the token, the more likely it is to manipulate prices.
Investing in these tokens could lead to big short-term price swings.
In my opinion, it's like a gamble.

usm2000

Activity: 156
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:31:01 PM

Decentralization: In the world of Bitcoin, no central entity / institution creates money, but money is printed by users. This is what causes Bitcoin to emerge as a decentralized system.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:14:32 AM

I do not think that centralized crypto-currencies are worse or better than others. Yes, they are a bit contrary to the spirit of bitcoin, but they perform their functions, which are also necessary
The spirit of bitcoin is everything, a bitcoin that is centralized is just another coin that is useless, besides a coin that is centralized is subject to be confiscated as soon as the government wants and if a centralized coin is not seized by the governments is because they do not want to do it but bitcoin does not gives the chance to the government thanks to its decentralized nature.
Joriecoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:22:20 AM

I do not think that centralized crypto-currencies are worse or better than others. Yes, they are a bit contrary to the spirit of bitcoin, but they perform their functions, which are also necessary
The spirit of bitcoin is everything, a bitcoin that is centralized is just another coin that is useless, besides a coin that is centralized is subject to be confiscated as soon as the government wants and if a centralized coin is not seized by the governments is because they do not want to do it but bitcoin does not gives the chance to the government thanks to its decentralized nature.
Bitcoin is decentralized coin but has a potential to overtake fiat money in ahead of future .I know bitcoin is not accepted by governments but as they adopt the impact in society I, believe bitcoin will centralized soon in worldwide and in every transaction it is useful and easy to use.
Alohadanc3

Activity: 1050

Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:24:52 AM

Yes there is a room for centralized coin as well as decentralized coin. The coin which is related to core banking sectors like ripple or the coin like petro which is regulated by gov.And its ok to have centralized coin cause its more trusted for people than decentralized cause the big names comes with them. So for acceptiong crypto they will help a lot.And they are also good for short and middle term investment.but personally i dont like them but still in some point you have to accept them.

creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:28:59 AM

Bitcoin is decentralized coin but has a potential to overtake fiat money in ahead of future .I know bitcoin is not accepted by governments but as they adopt the impact in society I, believe bitcoin will centralized soon in worldwide and in every transaction it is useful and easy to use.

Bitcoin will not become a centralized coin, bitcoin may be regulated but I really think it cannot be controlled by the government.
Centralized coin is either way same as fiat money but since its under a blockchain technology, that's make difference. A coin like XRP can be a great coin in the future since its backed up by the great banks.
liangweicha

Activity: 238

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:53:05 AM

So when there's a theft, you can ask the XRP team to freeze the money.
This is the only advantage of centralization.

andika2018

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:55:22 AM

Yes there is a room for centralized coin as well as decentralized coin. The coin which is related to core banking sectors like ripple or the coin like petro which is regulated by gov.And its ok to have centralized coin cause its more trusted for people than decentralized cause the big names comes with them. So for acceptiong crypto they will help a lot.And they are also good for short and middle term investment.but personally i dont like them but still in some point you have to accept them.

In cryptocurrency market, I am believe that many people investing on centralized coin like ripple and in fact ripple communities are good. But I am prefer investing my money on decentralized coin because its more profitable than centralized coin.
bundjoie02

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 05:05:45 AM

This is not necessary because in the cryptocurrencies market investors have their own options, without the need for a group of potential investors. By doing so, investors will only invest in three cryptos, BTC, ETH, and XRP, creating an imbalance in the cryptocurrencies ecosystem. So your opinion is unreasonable.

there is room for all coins in the crypto currency market, both are centralized and decentralized. If you evaluate the ripple coin, it is very necessary and useful for the banking sector of the economy,  despite its shortcomings, has the right to exist.
ishirut009

Activity: 616
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 05:21:06 AM

Do you think there is a room for centralized coins such as Ripple win over Bitcoin and Ethereum ? What is the good part about centralized coins against the decentralized ones ?

In my own opinion it has a chance to do just that (to beat the market cap not the price of course). It is because to those newbies that are entering the crypto market that does not really know what they are up to, They are going to buy something that is hot and OVERHYPED by media or some big personalities in the crypto space or in the financial industry. Newbies are far many than sophisticated investors that is why every market is irrational.

popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 01:22:10 PM

Do you think there is a room for centralized coins such as Ripple win over Bitcoin and Ethereum ? What is the good part about centralized coins against the decentralized ones ?

My friend, it is absolutely impossible! Ripple will be used, yes, as the banks deal with this system. However, folks are not interested in the currency that is centralized and controlled. You cannot even mine it.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 05:50:49 PM

Since this is a free market technically everything goes but it is not that simple, the two coins that you mention as examples of coins that are centralized are two coins I have never used and that I will avoid using forever, so while they can create the coins they want they cannot force us to use them, I will keep using bitcoin and some selected alts but I will refuse to use centralized coins created by banks or governments.
Risktaker31

Activity: 420
Merit: 134

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:58:19 PM

Though all currency are subject to manipulation but the more centralized a currency is, the more the degree of manipulation.
In fact, that is the essence of whale holders in most cryptocurrencies. They own a high percentage of the coin and therefore dictate the direction of the currency or project. If the major aim of a whale holder of a centralized coin is to be get the price to surpass that of bitcoin, with enough resources he/she would surely impact the price.

Strongly aggreed on your opinion bruh, Most of the whales will dictate how will the market moves on its own interest. I know it isnt safe just to rely on centralized coin like ripple but it also have a good future they will steer it onto the right direction.
Morphing

Activity: 302
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 05:03:41 PM

I believe that the future is behind decentralization. Therefore, decentralized coins have more prospects for growth and development. Such coins have a great future.
jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 05:08:43 PM

Centralised coin means which comes under Govt. Regulated authority such as central bank. But i don't think crypto coins can be centralised because of their anonymity. There is one coin ripple which is centralised but it will not pass over bitcoin or eth. World is now going toward the decentralisation.

BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:15:20 PM

Centralized coins are going to be here for a long time, and this is going to become even more true as more countries begin to release their own cryptocurrencies and people begin to use them, however those coins are never going to be as successful as bitcoin, bitcoin not only is the first cryptocurrency it is also the best and more importantly no centralized party controls it and that makes valuable, you could say that bitcoin is the money of the people, a form of money that gives you freedom and when you think about what kind of asset or currency you should have in the case of a huge economic crisis bitcoin is at the top of my list.
phm

Activity: 378
Merit: 110

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 06:39:35 PM

Centralised coin means which comes under Govt. Regulated authority such as central bank. But i don't think crypto coins can be centralised because of their anonymity. There is one coin ripple which is centralised but it will not pass over bitcoin or eth. World is now going toward the decentralisation.
Not necessary. Ripple is a quite centralised. Neo also. Some coins with masternodes which belong to a few faces are also do not decentralised because of they can to control the most part of their blockchain

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: