Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:49:09 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Centralized coins  (Read 925 times)
timmmers

Activity: 1176
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 06:42:18 PM

Maby one Bitcoin is decentralized and other altcoins are centralized. Look for example on Ethereum, the main world has Vitalik Buterin right? Few years ago was created a fork of Ethereum and this move was based on Buterin´s idea. Also every ICO has a team, so why we are talking about the decentralization? Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin

.ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..

█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.TELEGRAM
Mybitkoin7

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 06:44:37 PM

I believe that centralized coins are safer to save them. Decentralized coins are very easy to steal.
irenegaming

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 06:48:29 PM

If you start analyzing many of the coins in the top 10 are centralized, there are not really as many fully decentralized coins as we think, for example, NEO has trusted nodes controlled by 1 party IOTA has the coordinator and ripple is clearly centralized, that does not mean that they are bad coins, just have it clear before making an investment.

Olaoye20

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 06:57:06 PM

We are going to see more centralized cryptocurrencies and that will inevitably lead to mass disappointment in blockchain technology, because it is not needed for centralized solutions. It is still a user choice, whether to believe a beautiful and fast web interface or to use trustless, but harmful software, requiring you to download blockchain data and process it.
louisBSAS

Activity: 623
Merit: 11

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:43:42 PM

Maby one Bitcoin is decentralized and other altcoins are centralized. Look for example on Ethereum, the main world has Vitalik Buterin right? Few years ago was created a fork of Ethereum and this move was based on Buterin´s idea. Also every ICO has a team, so why we are talking about the decentralization? Wink

I doubt that there are decentralized coins. Everything in this world belongs to someone and everything is controlled.

Falconet

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 09:46:13 PM

I think there is definitely a place for centralized coins, but it isn't near the cryptocurrency section, they have their own uses and it would be a great addition to society, as they offer advantages in their own ways.
Stewart66

Activity: 630

https://www.cd3d.app

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:14:05 PM

I think there is definitely a place for centralized coins, but it isn't near the cryptocurrency section, they have their own uses and it would be a great addition to society, as they offer advantages in their own ways.
I think any coin if it has an advantage, its appeal to investors and the public will be high because the coin is actually judged by the way the coin itself works. For example, ethereum has many functions and now ethereum is very popular and has many enthusiasts

micle222

Activity: 784
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 06:32:27 AM

Creyptocurrency was created not to be centered so that when hacking occurs all assets cannot be stolen.
If there is a coin that is centered then it is against the nature of cryptocurrency.
Hell-raiser

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 07:47:45 PM

If you start analyzing many of the coins in the top 10 are centralized, there are not really as many fully decentralized coins as we think, for example, NEO has trusted nodes controlled by 1 party IOTA has the coordinator and ripple is clearly centralized, that does not mean that they are bad coins, just have it clear before making an investment.

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean by centralized vs decentralized here. If you mean the amount of coins held in one hands, then this is one thing. If it is centralized through mining (as seems to be the case with Bitcoin), it is a completely different one. Other than that, I don't think that Litecoin is so much centralized even if it belongs to the top 10 coins. It is likely one of the most decentralized coins, at least in terms of coin distribution, though I don't know much about how centralized it is in terms of mining. In that aspect it may turn out to be even more centralized than Bitcoin, which is notoriously famous for its "mining cartel".
MISS_nSTASSY

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Vena.Network

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 06:45:13 PM

Do you think there is a room for centralized coins such as Ripple win over Bitcoin and Ethereum?
If you mean trading volume or capitalization as "win" criterion than it can happen for some period of time. These numbers can be manipulated if manipulator needs to increase them. But I don't think that any coin can take place of Bitcoin as head cryptocurrency in the nearest future(at least). It is primary crypto and it prooved that it is trustworthy.
What is the good part about centralized coins against the decentralized ones ?
The only good part for them is that governments can create centralized coins with their own infrastructure and make these coin(s) accepted everywhere. And as you know it is very important for people to get such assets that is acceptable by majority

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
cerberus5424

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:29:02 PM

I am confident that we will continue to see these coins and the emergence of new centralized coins will also happen.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 10:24:51 PM

Well, I am not in their favor, but authorities will choose them as making a deal with a company that is centralized is not that difficult. They would not stand a chance in decentralized conditions, so there is a huge potential of lobbying for centralized coins instead of uncontrollable ones. The government has not been in a situation where they do not have any control yet, so they are really scared that people will realize it is redundant. Unfortunately for us, that would influence the whole market in a very negative way.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
MoneroMooo
Legendary

Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 10:41:50 PM

at first, although centred coin is more reliable. over time, I think decentralized stock markets would be safer. the world can't see it right now, but in time, everyone will be in this technology.
farosa

Activity: 506
Merit: 101

1 & 0 😏

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 10:59:26 PM

I have never supported centralized coins any time, so they can freeze your money whenever they want. This contrary to the nature of cryptocurrency. Just thinking about earning doesn't allow people to look around.
Perfect35

Activity: 854

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 11:34:28 PM

Centralized coins most times are more favourable to the creator than the investors. There is nothing like anonymity when it comes yo centralized coins. Which means that it is out of the true picture of cryptocurrency. We already have some other centralized coins aside ripple. One of them is Neo. Perhaps that might be the reason it has fallen to where it is.
krisnajsadrak

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 11:39:21 PM

Do you think there is a room for centralized coins such as Ripple win over Bitcoin and Ethereum ? What is the good part about centralized coins against the decentralized ones ?

as i know the principle about cryptocurrency is about decentralized system, so in my opinion there is no place for a centralized crypto in the future my friend,, just my personal opinion  Wink

Adecrypt83
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:39:22 PM

In the long run, centralized coins will b push to the back because they don't truly portray what Cryptocurrency meant to be, they maybe competitive for a while but they won't stand the test of time.
Andrew1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:43:26 PM

Centralised coins ? I think that ripple is one centralised . Ripple got partenerships with banks and is called one centralised . I do not think btc or eth will become a centralised one
ambeo

Activity: 210

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:46:39 PM

Do you think there is a room for centralized coins such as Ripple win over Bitcoin and Ethereum ? What is the good part about centralized coins against the decentralized ones ?
that's really controversial subject, because the initial idea of going crypto was just in decentralization. and here we are facing coins such as ripple and neo and to our surprise it is popular. well, let's wait

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol
Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING
[https://tokensale.w12.io/]
ajdar.muxin.79

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:50:46 PM

I hate centralised coins, because they do not have anything familiar with crypto currencies. The main idea are the payments without any third party and centralised coins just want to catch the hype train. Believe in crypto and stay away from such coins as Ripple.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: