Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:09:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Azure Free Credits for Mining Monero/Other CN-Coins. Super-Easy&Super-Profitable  (Read 24042 times)
AzureCloudMiningScript (OP)

Activity: 117
Merit: 1

Use your Azure-Credits to mine Monero!

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 08:17:46 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2020, 12:43:45 PM by AzureCloudMiningScript
Merited by Nestade (1)

Hi everybody,

There are many guides on how to setup azure-servers for mining cryptocurrency. However, this one is different. If you follow this guide, you'll get these features:
  • 5 minutes to setup
  • After setup, it will run indefinitely - no need to even log in to azure after the initial setup (you'll need a MSDN-subscription with monthly free credits, though)
  • Attractive hashrate - currently i get sustained 8 kH/s for my 150$ monthly free credits (check whattomine.com to see the potential payoff - note that this will change with the market-conditions, though)

So how is this possible? Well, first of all we'll be using the low-priority batch service to keep the cost down. Like this we can have several servers running for the complete month. After one month, your new monthly credits will arrive, leaving your servers and the complete setup running indefinitely.

The setup of the azure severs is so easy and fast because i already did the hard work for you: On my website (link see below) i have created some handy javascript which takes your wallet as input and spits out your personal customized startup-script for the azure-batch-service.

Lastly, the hashrate is so high because the script has a clever self-tuning feature which will adapt itself to the load of the physical server azure places your virtual machines on. If you are lucky, you'll have lots of idling neighboring VMs, and then the mining-software will be able to employ more of the precious L3-Cache of the Server.

Here's the link to the complete guide for mining Monero:
https://azurecloudminingscript.github.io/Turn_your_Azure_Free_Credits_into_Cryptocurrency.html
Everything is hosted on github. Check out the code if you have any doubts about the function of the script!

If you are interested in other Cryptonight or Cryptonight-Heavy-Coins, see this link: https://azurecloudminingscript.github.io/Turn_your_Azure_Free_Credits_into_Cryptocurrency_detailed.html

I have been mining like this since the beginning of 2018. So far, the azure-VMs have been running smoothly without any problem (unlike the VMs from google's or amazon's cloud-service, which apparently get automatically shutdown once they detect that you are mining cryptocurrency).

If you have any questions or problems feel free to PM me or reply in this thread.

Extra info: How to add a worker-ID. The procedure depends on the used pool (check the pool's documentation to find out more). If your pool is already running, you'll have to restart the nodes in your pool for the changes to take effect.
1. supportXMR.com (or similar pools expecting the worker-ID in the password-field)
The detailed script-generator has a field which will be passed on to the pool as the password. You can enter your worker-ID there.
2. xmrpool.eu (or similar pool expecting the ID as part of the wallet)
The pool expects the worker-ID as a suffix to the wallet. Check the pool's documentation to find out the exact format. xmrpool.eu expects a "+"-sign. This can be directly entered into the wallet-field in the html-form on my website. So instead of just putting e.g.
Code:
oYMhiShFLBqZHmFxmPD6oABafM5cVKc77yj3Fypvi9CDRTYEvDPL4999aeniCU9Ug67vs7yvyJTSkxVUZRirUYUerT66fqz

into the form, you would enter the string
Code:
oYMhiShFLBqZHmFxmPD6oABafM5cVKc77yj3Fypvi9CDRTYEvDPL4999aeniCU9Ug67vs7yvyJTSkxVUZRirUYUerT66fqz+superhash
into the form. With the generated startup-script you'll have the worker-ID "superhash".
3. Using the Azure-Pool-Name as worker-id: There are some pre-defined variables that you can also use:
  • ${AZ_BATCH_POOL_ID}    : The name of the azure-pool used
  • ${AZ_BATCH_ACCOUNT_NAME}    : The name of the azure-batch-account used
  • ${AZ_BATCH_NODE_ID}   : The name of the azure-pool-node. Typically this is a complicated name with some special characters. Use at your own risk!
Have look at the script generated by the quickstart-guide for an example how to use the  variable ${AZ_BATCH_POOL_ID}.

Extra Info: Troubleshooting
Most problems can be diagnosed by looking at the output of the mining-software (xmrig). To see the output, go to your pool, then click on "Nodes" on the left pane (Note that it's normal that all nodes have the state "waiting for start-task" - that's due to the way the script works). The list of the nodes in your pool should appear, click on the node that is making trouble (or any of them if e.g. you have a hashrate of 0). At the bottom of the page you can see a list of the files on your node. The following files are interesting (enter the name into the search-box to filter the list)
  • startup/wd/xmrig/build/logfile.txt  (output of xmrig)
  • startup/stdout.txt   (output of the control-script)
  • startup/stderr.txt   (output of the control-script)

Some problems (like connection-problems to your pool) will be obvious when reading the output of xmrig. Otherwise you can post the relevant parts here and i will try to help you.

Full disclosure: The donation-level of the mining-software used is set to 4%. Half of this (2%) is going to the developers of the mining-software (xmrig), the other half is going to my pocket. You can view this as a convenience-fee for getting a tested and streamlined mining-script.

P.S.: Be aware that you need Azure-credits from a legitimate source, otherwise you will get banned.

Edit: added info about Sumokoin
Edit2: added info about workerid
Edit3: some more info about workerid: pre-defined variables
Edit4: added info about troubleshooting
Edit5: update info about troubleshooting, add link to NIM-script
Edit6: updated info about potential hashrate after the October-2018-fork
Edit7: some minor edits
Edit8: some minor edits
Edit9: removed option for mining NIM
skablast

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:27:16 PM

Just read the 3d over you :

it says:
Cloud services doesn't belong here!

Its pinned by the admin so you know what's going to happen

Smiley

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 08:31:40 PM

I assume that "Cloud services doesn't belong here!" refers to services like hashflare... Note that what i am describing in this post is very different. Also i have seen several guides for setting up azure in this very subforum, so i honestly believe i am not breaking any rules here.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:28:47 AM

I assume that "Cloud services doesn't belong here!" refers to services like hashflare... Note that what i am describing in this post is very different. Also i have seen several guides for setting up azure in this very subforum, so i honestly believe i am not breaking any rules here.

Agree, The rules referring to the 3rd party cloud mining services, what OP want to point out is your own cloud mining and totally different

@OP, how does it differ if we could use other mining app out there compared to yours? 4% is a bit high for the fees

szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 04:45:16 AM

This is how to setup own mining pool based azure.Youtube have many instruction and free.

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 06:03:09 AM

@OP, how does it differ if we could use other mining app out there compared to yours? 4% is a bit high for the fees

This is how to setup own mining pool based azure.Youtube have many instruction and free.

Yes, there are some other guides on the web and on youtube. However, so far i have not seen a guide which gives you the following features:
  • Super-easy setup: other guides are much more complicated. Also, because the batch-service is used, you can easily adjust the number of desired VMs to the amount of free credits you have (no need to setup individual VMs)
  • Zero maintenance effort: Since the other guides are not so cost-effective they expect you to restart your VMs every month (or they only talk about one-time signup-credit, not about monthly free credits from an MSDN-subscription). I believe this is the first guide which will produce a steady mining-income with zero-maintenance after the initial setup
  • Last but not least you'll get a great hashrate. The script on my site has a auto-tune feature, which will adapt itself to the load present on the physical server. This is also something i have not seen anywhere else.
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 07:09:18 AM

Yes, there are some other guides on the web and on youtube. However, so far i have not seen a guide which gives you the following features:
  • Super-easy setup: other guides are much more complicated. Also, because the batch-service is used, you can easily adjust the number of desired VMs to the amount of free credits you have (no need to setup individual VMs)
  • Zero maintenance effort: Since the other guides are not so cost-effective they expect you to restart your VMs every month (or they only talk about one-time signup-credit, not about monthly free credits from an MSDN-subscription). I believe this is the first guide which will produce a steady mining-income with zero-maintenance after the initial setup
  • Last but not least you'll get a great hashrate. The script on my site has a auto-tune feature, which will adapt itself to the load present on the physical server. This is also something i have not seen anywhere else.

doesn't mean its worth 4 percent fee roflamo, unless your a super lazy cat and you've got money to toss around. 2 percent fee sure as that's the going rate for devs around here, but your requesting 4 percent indefinitely. there isn't any amount of work you could do that would be worth it at 4 percent. nothing more than a greedy prick like the rest and danm does it show

tbh you should have kept it to yourself, now you've let the word out so maybe Microsoft azure will pick up the ball quick and realize people like are doing and follow suite like google and others. people like yourself give crypto a bad name just for the sake of a few extra bucks at everyone else's expense, like the people actually paying for azure services and using them for a legit purpose without affecting other people on a server in which other vm's are running. this is why google and others don't deal with crypto, straight up abuse of there shit

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 07:48:55 AM

...doesn't mean its worth 4 percent fee...
Just to be clear: this includes the 2% dev-fee going to the developers. I definitely don't want to rip off the developers.
Also, i try to be very upfront about the increased fee. Nobody is forcing you to do this. If you are already making full use of your azure-account then my guide probably is not for you.

And about keeping it to myself: mining in azure has been going on for some years now. I'm pretty sure Microsoft is fully aware of the situation. If they wanted to change things, they would have done so long ago.

mk111

Activity: 230

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 09:57:52 AM

I am going to try this and if it really gives anything close to 1600 H/s then the 4% fee is well worth it!

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2018, 03:26:10 PM

I am going to try this and if it really gives anything close to 1600 H/s then the 4% fee is well worth it!
OK, great. Just remember that there are some options to tweak your setup at the end of the guide. The main tip is to create multiple azure-batch-pools with fewer nodes instead of a single azure-batch-pool with many nodes. You'll have to click a bit more to setup everything but in my experience the increase in hashrate is worth it.

mk111

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:03:24 AM

Good job!
Setup done and has been running for about 45 minutes.
No tweaking has been done and running 10 nodes in one pool.
Currently doing around 1.8 KH/s which is great.
Will report back with hashrate after a few hours.

mk111

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:13:20 AM

1 Hour Avg. Hash Rate = 1.66 KH/s

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 12:55:55 PM

1 Hour Avg. Hash Rate = 1.66 KH/s
Grin Thanks for taking the time to try it out. I'm happy to hear that it's working for you.

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 06:39:27 AM

Hi Everybody,

I'm thinking of adding support for Sumokoin to my script-generator (https://azurecloudminingscript.github.io/Turn_your_Azure_Free_Credits_into_Cryptocurrency.html).
I'm interested in Sumokoin because it has good privacy features like Monero, but due to the current low price the chances of a huge speculative gain seem to be much higher than with Monero (this is my personal opinion and not a investment advice).

What do you think? Is anybody here interested in mining Sumokoin with my scripts?
mk111

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:27:31 PM

I think it would be great if you add support for other Cryptonight coins.
texasman86

Activity: 294
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:55:33 PM

i used up my azure trial and do not have the free monthly credits... can this be done on aws or any other free cloud services?

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 04:10:45 PM

i used up my azure trial and do not have the free monthly credits... can this be done on aws or any other free cloud services?

I have seen that many people are selling MSDN-accounts with free credits very cheap (50$ or even less) right here in this forum (see  Bitcoin Forum > Economy > Marketplace > Goods > Digital goods. Search for "MSDN invite"). If it works out then you'll earn back the 50$ after just one month (i have no experience with azure-accounts acquired this way - there is always a chance that you get scammed or that azure will shut you down).

Otherwise the script should work on any Ubuntu 16.04-Server (later versions will probably work as well). If there's no option to pass a startup-script to the VM while you are creating it you would need to connect to the server through ssh and start the script this way (of course that's a bit cumbersome if you want to run multiple servers).
However, from what i have heard AWS and other providers are very quick to shut down the servers once they detect that they are used for mining.

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 07:21:39 PM

I think it would be great if you add support for other Cryptonight coins.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll make a post here when i add the feature.

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 02:09:19 PM

Just a hint if one of you is having trouble setting up the VMs in the azure-portal: apparently the azure-portal does not like firefox and will give strange errors when setting up the pools. I recommend using chrome for logging in to the azure-portal.

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 02:12:32 PM

Update: I have updated the script and the script-generator to support Sumokoin (SUMO) as well. The additional option is available on the website intended for advanced users:
https://azurecloudminingscript.github.io/Turn_your_Azure_Free_Credits_into_Cryptocurrency_detailed.html

(My other site https://azurecloudminingscript.github.io/Turn_your_Azure_Free_Credits_into_Cryptocurrency.html has the quickstart-instructions, but has set Monero as default-currency.)

Other currencies based on Cryptonight-V7 or Cryptonight-Heavy should also work.  jdoi made a nice overview:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3129218.0. I have personally only tested Sumokoin, though. I'm getting around 55H/s per Core for Cryptonight-Heavy. This would result in 1100 H/s if one would use the free credits from an MSDN-Enterprise-subscription to mine Sumokoin.

I did not bother making an option for the original cryptonight-algo because the profitability is a joke since the asics are available.

If you have any problems getting it to work feel free to PM me or write a reply in this thread. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: