Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:21:07 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Azure Free Credits for Mining Monero/Other CN-Coins. Super-Easy&Super-Profitable  (Read 24042 times)
AzureCloudMiningScript (OP)

Activity: 117
Merit: 1

Use your Azure-Credits to mine Monero!

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2019, 03:13:28 PM

Is there anyway to make it work on AWS or google cloud?
You can have a look here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3444898.msg47841140#msg47841140
However, as MATHReX already said: if you are using trial-accounts you will get banned with google and AWS, too.

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2019, 09:04:37 PM

Hi everybody,

I have almost completed the preparation for the Monero RandomX-fork. The good news: you probably won't have to do anything (if you mine something else than monero your action may be required - see the technical details below).

Technical details:
* I am still running some tests, but i will activate my changes 1-2 days after this post (i will make another post here then).
* I have changed the scripts to use xmrig instead of xmr-stak. xmrig makes a smooth change to randomX much easier and i hardly found any difference in the hashrate.
* Unfortunately, however, xmrig manages the different cryptonight-variants differently than xmr-stak. The script will try to adapt the settings to make things work, though. If you are mining something else than Monero: please check your hashrate and tell me if there is any problem after the change in the scripts (like i said i will post here again in 1-2 days when i make the change).
* In my tests i have found that the F2-type of VMs are the most  cost-effective for running randomX. This means that there will be no need to change the pool-settings for the fork (currently F2 is also the most cost-effective for mining monero). You can expect a hashrate of ca. 400H/s per used core. If you have a MSDN-Enterprise subscription this should net you 7-8KH/s (whether this is a lot or not we'll only know after the fork).

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2019, 07:27:49 AM

Hi everybody,

i have activated the changes. If you experience any problems please contact me (post here or send me a pm).

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2019, 08:08:28 PM

The monero-RandomX-fork has gone live... everything went smoothly as far as i can tell.
Still, it's probably a good idea to check the output of your azure-pools - please write here or pm me if you are having any problems.

ronnieb

Activity: 198

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 03:48:59 AM

What's the profit like?
buonleloi

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 09:13:40 AM

Seem we can not create a new pool any more. Always get the error say reach CPU core limit even on new account.

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2019, 01:18:49 PM

Seem we can not create a new pool any more. Always get the error say reach CPU core limit even on new account.
In my account all newly created batch-accounts/Pools now have a quota of 0 - probably that's why you got the message about the CPU core limit.

My existing batch-accounts/pools still have their original quotas - If you have a working batch-account it's probably a good idea to keep re-using that account for now.

I will contact the azure-support and check if they increase the quota on request.
buonleloi

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 03:51:45 PM

In my account all newly created batch-accounts/Pools now have a quota of 0 - probably that's why you got the message about the CPU core limit.

My existing batch-accounts/pools still have their original quotas - If you have a working batch-account it's probably a good idea to keep re-using that account for now.

I will contact the azure-support and check if they increase the quota on request.

Yes, you right.
I do some mistake by del all the resources group. If you just del the pool then create a new one then you should be ok.
For now all new active Azure account can not create batch job anymore, seem they found this ^^

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2019, 06:06:25 PM

What's the profit like?
It's probably too early to say, but it seems the profit has increased a bit - according to cryptunit 8kH/s will net you ca. 1$ per day in XMR.

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2019, 08:36:43 AM

FYI: I requested an increase of the quota for low-priority cores (20)  for one of my batch-accounts. It took some days, but then the quota was increased without any problem.
Requesting the quota-increase is very easy. If you go to your batch-account, there's the item "quotas" on the left pane. After clicking it it will show you your current quota-settings, and there is also a button "Request quota increase". You can just click it and fill the following form to get the increased quota (processing the request will likely take some time, though). For most cases 20 low-priority cores should be enough. I haven't tried it, but i guess if you are asking for a much higher quota azure might actually ask what you are planning to do...
buonleloi

View Profile
December 08, 2019, 05:07:46 AM

FYI: I requested an increase of the quota for low-priority cores (20)  for one of my batch-accounts. It took some days, but then the quota was increased without any problem.
Requesting the quota-increase is very easy. If you go to your batch-account, there's the item "quotas" on the left pane. After clicking it it will show you your current quota-settings, and there is also a button "Request quota increase". You can just click it and fill the following form to get the increased quota (processing the request will likely take some time, though). For most cases 20 low-priority cores should be enough. I haven't tried it, but i guess if you are asking for a much higher quota azure might actually ask what you are planning to do...

Do they send any email to confirm or you just request and the "system" automatic increase ^^?

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2019, 08:58:23 PM

Do they send any email to confirm or you just request and the "system" automatic increase ^^?
You'll get an email saying that they made the change (internally this is handled as a support-request). From the replies i got i have to say that azure takes the support-requests quite seriously and they are dedicated to resolve them in a timely manner.

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2019, 05:01:54 PM

FYI: I have updated the scripts to use version 5.2.1 of XMRig. There's no need to do anything, the script will automatically use the new version after some time.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2020, 12:39:52 PM

FYI: another update: the scripts will now use XMRig version 5.5.0. There's no need to do anything, the script will automatically use the new version after some time.
CookieMonstaSMTH

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 12, 2020, 10:43:06 AM

FYI: another update: the scripts will now use XMRig version 5.5.0. There's no need to do anything, the script will automatically use the new version after some time.
I can’t make the script run in aws ec2, do you have any advice/tutorial how to make it work?

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2020, 06:26:34 AM

I can’t make the script run in aws ec2, do you have any advice/tutorial how to make it work?
Sorry, i don't have anything for AWS. This is mainly because as far as i know there is no legitimate source of free credits for AWS... May i ask you where you get your AWS-credit from? Or are you using a trial-account?

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2020, 09:16:54 PM

And another update. the scripts will now use XMRig version 5.5.3. As always, the script will automatically update itself after some time.
mafia

Activity: 641
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2020, 10:02:00 PM

it looks like South Korea and Korea Central are the cheapest datacentres for F series VMs at the moment

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2020, 06:47:30 AM

it looks like South Korea and Korea Central are the cheapest datacentres for F series VMs at the moment
Thanks for the info. But where did you get the prices from? If i check the pricing i get the following numbers:
F2s VM, low priority batch

Central Korea:
$0.0204/hour

East US
$0.0199/hour

(note that there'll be some cost for the storage on top of that).

sabercrypto

Activity: 181
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2020, 12:39:56 PM

how many hash you got for $150
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: