Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:28:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Xtreme miners - scam?  (Read 35417 times)
ralree (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Manateeeeeeees

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 03:10:08 AM

http://www.xtrememiners.net/

Looks a little scammy to me - especially the projected performance - 0.3J/GH @ 28nm?  That sounds a bit low.

1MANaTeEZoH4YkgMYz61E5y4s9BYhAuUjG

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 03:18:40 AM

Well, considering to order you simply send BTC, without the hassle of having to put in, things like, your shipping information for starters....

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2013, 04:00:02 AM

At these BTC values, the scams are coming thick and fast  Roll Eyes

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
sushi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 06:05:56 AM

hum...  Can't say if they are scam or not.  Jan/Feb Delivery, right price range (not too cheep and not too expensive), put some effort in the side design and other things.

If it's in production now, they should be able to ship in December... 

Hard to say

>>> PM me for New ASIC Miner's Info.  We will go check it out <<<
FEEL GENEROUS TODAY?  ==> 1AHNusc3BQA2QJCokySAQ1Qtymr1ZyAG6P
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 10:12:28 AM

hum...  Can't say if they are scam or not.  Jan/Feb Delivery, right price range (not too cheep and not too expensive), put some effort in the side design and other things.

If it's in production now, they should be able to ship in December... 

Hard to say

On the bandwagon ready for another free trip sushi?

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
sushi

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 11:17:28 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2013, 11:41:15 AM by sushi

If the community can fund the review, I will head to Frankfurt.

So far, the claims are not way off.  Not too cheap and Not too expensive.  Right about the price to recover the production & R&D cost from the 1st batch.  Only thing that bothers me a bit is, all of the sudden the production announcement, but the 1st batch of the entry level machines are all sold out. (This could be due to the investors wanted all the 1st batch unit to recover the VC money.)

Registrations, contact info, so far it looks legit from the public view!  I'm guessing the production may be taking place in China somewhere or low cost labor country in the region.

Anyone Up for the Donation?  I rather go to the factory where the production is taking place if the corporate office is in another country.  I would love to travel to both locations but if the production is real & additional funding is available, then use that to go visit the office.

Here is for the Extreme Myth Buster Trip Funds:

1DkWdWLa6H1sANX45EUp5n8LaF3NoAEuZv

I promises, no more so called cheezy 1 minute video.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

Instead of speculating what if, let's find out!!!  (Of course if the company let us...  Cheesy)   Sooner they release it for the public sale, better off we the miners are!!!  Taking no risk and not getting one really sucks

1life

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 11:23:49 AM

So far, the claims are not way off.  Not too cheap and Not too expensive.  Right about the price to recover the production & R&D cost from the 1st batch.  Only thing that bothers me a bit is, all of the sudden the production announcement, but the 1st batch of the entry level machines are all sold out. (This could be due to the investors wanted all the 1st batch unit to recover the VC money.)

Registrations, contact info, so far it looks legit from the public view!  I'm guessing the production may be taking place in China somewhere or low cost labor country in the region.

Anyone Up for the Donation?  I rather go to the factory where the production is taking place if the corporate office is in another country.  I would love to travel to both locations but if the production is real & additional funding is available, then use that to go visit the office.

I promises, no more so called cheezy 1 minute video.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

stfu and gtfo and go eat some sushi.. sock puppet
thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 01:34:46 PM

- They don't have a contact number in the Impressum (mandatory by German law).

- There is no Company Name provided (just the name of the owner).

- Google Street View for the addtess provided: https://maps.google.de/maps?q=Eschersheimer+Landstra%C3%9Fe+19-21,+Frankfurt&hl=de&ie=UTF8&ll=50.11892,8.678405&spn=0.005868,0.016512&sll=50.119330,8.677760&layer=c&cbp=13,250.9,,0,0.22&cbll=50.119437,8.677996&hnear=Eschersheimer+Landstra%C3%9Fe+19,+Innenstadt+60322+Frankfurt&t=m&z=17&panoid=Yq3_KXtz_3Ant9qfzR5UAA
It seems like an office building where several companies are located. Is Xtreme Miners one of them? Well, surely not under that name, could be one of these, though:

Advice Capital Management AG‎
BK Real Estate GmbH‎
Convenio GmbH‎
Eurowin Gewinnspielservice GmbH‎
Imcons GmbH‎
Interprojects GmbH‎
Kanzlei Nutolo Steuerberatung und Wirtschaftsprüfung

- An online check of Tax Number 69/642/773/525 on http://www.ust-idnr.eu/userdata/cms/1001/ust-idnr_gueltigkeit_pruefen.asp gives no results

- An online check of VAT number DE892445016 on EU site http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/vieshome.do?selectedLanguage=de gives no results (false VAT number)

So adding all up: I wouldn't invest a single Satoshi here given these circumstances
Vanderi

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 02:45:34 PM

- They don't have a contact number in the Impressum (mandatory by German law).

- There is no Company Name provided (just the name of the owner).

- Google Street View for the addtess provided: https://maps.google.de/maps?q=Eschersheimer+Landstra%C3%9Fe+19-21,+Frankfurt&hl=de&ie=UTF8&ll=50.11892,8.678405&spn=0.005868,0.016512&sll=50.119330,8.677760&layer=c&cbp=13,250.9,,0,0.22&cbll=50.119437,8.677996&hnear=Eschersheimer+Landstra%C3%9Fe+19,+Innenstadt+60322+Frankfurt&t=m&z=17&panoid=Yq3_KXtz_3Ant9qfzR5UAA
It seems like an office building where several companies are located. Is Xtreme Miners one of them? Well, surely not under that name, could be one of these, though:

Advice Capital Management AG‎
BK Real Estate GmbH‎
Convenio GmbH‎
Eurowin Gewinnspielservice GmbH‎
Imcons GmbH‎
Interprojects GmbH‎
Kanzlei Nutolo Steuerberatung und Wirtschaftsprüfung

- An online check of Tax Number 69/642/773/525 on http://www.ust-idnr.eu/userdata/cms/1001/ust-idnr_gueltigkeit_pruefen.asp gives no results

- An online check of VAT number DE892445016 on EU site http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/vies/vieshome.do?selectedLanguage=de gives no results (false VAT number)

So adding all up: I wouldn't invest a single Satoshi here given these circumstances

Yeah looking really bad.
Vanderi

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 02:54:42 PM

However, they do sketch up what the minerware 2.0 will look like.

But come on, overclocking possible thanks to an air-filter? Just stupid ffs.

No tech-talk? PSUs, chips, cooling?

No thread in bitcointalk?

No pictures except rendered CAD-pics?

It's a scam. But as they also know, they will make money, nevertheless.
ralree (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Manateeeeeeees

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 04:43:06 PM

Here's the response I got when I asked some questions about their hardware:
Thank you for your mail!

You are asking about a lot of detailed information here, which we didn’t put out on purpose – we don’t want to make the same mistake Avalon did, they didn’t protect all their Data well enough so that there are now „avalon clones“ available on the market. We need to avoid plagiarism here, that’s why I am not allowed to send any pictures of prototypes or any drafts and informations about the production per e-mail. I am sure you can understand this.

We are the first german company to build bitcoin miners, so obviously we want to stay unique.

Yes, we do have an investor who provided us with enough money to at least start the production, the rest is gained from our pre-orders. The company owner, Jorge Berg, is currently on a business trip where he is aquiring ven more investors.

Kind Regards, Team Xtreme Miners
They didn't protect their data well enough?  THEY SOLD THE CHIPS TO MAKE THE CLONES!  Apparently they don't even understand what happened here.

1MANaTeEZoH4YkgMYz61E5y4s9BYhAuUjG
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 24, 2013, 06:15:31 PM

its a scam 100%
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:46:43 AM

So far, the claims are not way off.  Not too cheap and Not too expensive.  Right about the price to recover the production & R&D cost from the 1st batch.  Only thing that bothers me a bit is, all of the sudden the production announcement, but the 1st batch of the entry level machines are all sold out. (This could be due to the investors wanted all the 1st batch unit to recover the VC money.)

Registrations, contact info, so far it looks legit from the public view!  I'm guessing the production may be taking place in China somewhere or low cost labor country in the region.

Anyone Up for the Donation?  I rather go to the factory where the production is taking place if the corporate office is in another country.  I would love to travel to both locations but if the production is real & additional funding is available, then use that to go visit the office.

I promises, no more so called cheezy 1 minute video.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

stfu and gtfo and go eat some sushi MOAR BULLSHIT.. sock puppet's sock puppet

+++ the internet!
Bossland

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:43:22 AM

First of all, the checksum of the VAT is completely wrong, therefor there is no such VAT in germany. This is not possible, and leads to SCAM.

Then this thing is hosted in the US at:

IP address   216.185.152.159
Hostname   216-185-152-159.aus.us.siteprotect.com
ISP   Hostway Services, Inc.
Country   United States United States

No reason for a german company to do it, neither to not show its registers address.

The Postal address is a office park, which means .. you could actually call there and ask if there is such a company registered there and renting any office/s.
kr105

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:51:52 AM

But their site and pics are so nice Sad
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:53:18 AM

they actually have beaten military grade processors!
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:56:53 AM

The thing is, its all very well us doing the detective work on here, but how to shut the thing down?

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
max334

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 02:49:28 AM

Hey,
So I just wanted to share my experience with xtreme miners as well..
I found their website and was blown away by their miners :O 5 TH thats crazyyy!
Anyway so I bought a miner from them.
Someone answered my mails very kindly & quickly, and sent me an order confirmation, everything was fine.
After the purchase i started to research a little about this website and found this thread..
and read all your comments saying they are a scam.. and I was like OMG and started to freak out
So I lost over 11 BTC :O which took me sooo long to mine !!!
So I emailed them, asking about the invalid tax number etc.. they replied you cant find the tax number because the business was new. then they also told me they wanted to remove the nr because its confusing a lot of customers
but i didnt care i just wanted my money back and didnt believe the mail, so i asked for a refund, but had basically no hope to get it back

To clear my mind off the mining stuff, I played fifa on my PS3  
and then checked back on my wallet a few hours later .. BOOOM ... my 11 BTC were sent back! i was soo shocked but confused at the same time to see that they actually refunded my money, because which scam company would send back bitcoins?
so now i'm wondering if i did the right thing? :/
anyway i just wanted to tell you guys, maybe its interesting for some of you

https://imageshack.com/i/nlhcrzp
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/c/849/hcrz.png
sushi

ASIC Myth Buster

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 03:04:57 AM
Last edit: November 26, 2013, 03:15:27 AM by sushi

Because they are the new company doesn't mean they are the scam.  Currently many miner production companies are using the pre-order business model to gather Capital to continue their project/business.

Some succeed and many failed.  Even the successful ones like to stay as private as possible due to the high risk of being victimized by others.  (These companies do have lots of $$$ and lots of R&D information, not to mention if they are in the prototype stages, they don't want the competitors from stealing anything from them.

As I recently reviewed Bitmain Tech's AntMiner 180GH/S ASIC Mining unit, many to include the Hero/Sr.Member of this forum called it SCAM, but, at the end, they did produce the miners and actually shipped as they promised

Because of so much life saving loss with these pre-orders, we started the 3rd party reviews to give potential investors more information to digest before committing their thousands of USD for the next 3-12 months until they receive the actual miners.

P.S.

I don't blame these guys/gals who calls everything SCAM, as 2012 and 2013, many millions of doller were lost in the pre-order deals.  Many of them lost their Retirement and Life Saving thinking they will double/triple their money in a few months, but that didn't happen.

goligo

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 09:11:03 PM

A friend of mine lives in Frankfurt and checked out the building for me. No indication of a company named Xtreme Miners or Jorge Berg whatsoever.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: