Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:17:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sprouts🌱(SPRTS) - Revival Cryptocurrency with Hardfork [PoW/PoS]  (Read 34836 times)
mcharland

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:49:18 PM

I breezed through the white paper and will read it closer as I have time.

2 quick questions:

- will we keep our wallet and coins on our pc's still?
- how does their new discord fit in?
cryptomob

Activity: 99

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:10:49 PM

Bought 886000000 yesterday. As much as an average Joe could have contributed to support growing community of rebourn Sprouts...will hold till I'm  old.

1 question: should I keep them at 1 stake or break in parts?

Thank you.
mcharland

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:15:28 PM

Bought 886000000 yesterday. As much as an average Joe could have contributed to support growing community of rebourn Sprouts...will hold till I'm  old.

1 question: should I keep them at 1 stake or break in parts?

Thank you.

If it were me I'd keep it as one until your compounding approaches 2 billion and then keep the stake around 1.5. I am just finishing my 1st SPRTS stake and it is definitely a juggling act. Once the fork happens and the new wallet is released i'm sure that bug will be fixed.

Also, backup your wallet.dat in a few different places and at least one off your pc. I corrupted my wallet and it took me 14 days until i had time to go in and get it working again.
The_Trader

Activity: 180
Merit: 52

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:07:46 PM

Ive just bought 126277866 SPRTS and if I can nail some more SWING, CON, and 808 tonight I will be well happy Smiley long live old school  POS  Grin
sonnykaran

Activity: 68

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 05:40:17 AM

Sorry folks,  2 Noob questions

1.  what is the current version of the SPRTS wallet?

2.  Should I buy SPRTS from coinexchange.io now or wait for the Fork

Thank you, and sorry for asking noob questions.
dogbackwards

Activity: 274
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:31:19 AM

Sorry folks,  2 Noob questions

1.  what is the current version of the SPRTS wallet?

2.  Should I buy SPRTS from coinexchange.io now or wait for the Fork

Thank you, and sorry for asking noob questions.

1. v0.1.2.2-gd0cbc83

2. Completely up to you. Sprouts is basically worthless so you can buy millions and not even phase your dogecoin stash.
m4ever

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 12:50:04 PM

Thank you cryptomann420 for reading and comparing.....it HAS to be changed....I hope that someone who is in control of this coin will CHANGE the English version to something similar to what I suggested. Again..thanks for commenting.

Next...everyday I look at Coinmarketcap there seems to be about 100 BILLION additional Sprouts for circulation...can that be true and if so...what matter does burning a billion a day in discord....
Sprouts Team (OP)

Activity: 78

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:11:58 PM

Hello,

I have read the whitepaper. And although you have redirected questions to the Discord I am going to send them here, because our communication started on here.

To keep everything open and transparant I think it is good to have all answers out in the open.

I think the following questions will be similar to those of other members of the Sprouts community and therefore important to have answered with most detail.

1) You mention that you will first have a round of questions and then will have a community vote. Where will this community vote be held? Is this community vote open/accessible for all people of the Sprouts Community? Is the vote binding (so, if the community says "no" will the hard fork be cancelled)?

2) An hard fork means you will be forcing everyone holding Sprouts to get onto the new chain. Otherwise they will lose connection and will not be able to trade their Sprouts. How will you make certain this information is wide spread? How will you make certain that there will not be confusion on which Sprouts are on the hard fork chain and which are not? Worst case scenario people will buy old Sprouts on one exchange, that is not affected by hard fork implementation. Conclusion: buying a coin that is not officially tradeable as Sprouts.

3) I do not think the new reward is fair.
Scenario: someone sets up 1 million accounts with each 1000 Sprouts. This would mean someone will have more accounts trying to win the reward. However someone with 1 account with 1 billion Sprouts has the higher probability you could ask yourself if there is enough certainty to say the network will stay as fair. I do not feel it is fair that someone with 1 dollar investment can reach the same amount of reward as someone with 1 million dollar investment. I understand the probability is higher, but PoS (proof of stake) originally works: the more you hold, the higher the stake, the higher the rewards.

4) From the whitepaper I still do not have a clear idea how Sprouts dev team is going to create this high of a demand to pump 8 trillion Sprouts around. It is already hard enough for coins with 100 billion supply to increase value. And these coins normally have millions of funds allocated to marketing, research, etc.. How is Sprouts going to accomplish their goals with this big of a disadvantage?

5) You even state in you whitepaper that Sprouts will be worth more. I do not see this happening, not significantly anyways, without significantly lowering the supply. Supply and demand. There is far to much supply and far to little demand. In line with question 4, from an economical standpoint how does the team approach such matter?

Thanks for your reply.

All the best with the project.

Thank you for your interest in Sprouts. And sorry to have taken long to answer very much.

1)
The voting method will be announced at the time of voting.
We will prepare an environment where you can vote for as many people as possible.
If you are a member of the community, you can vote.
We are thinking about a fair way as possible.
If it is rejected, we will not do hard fork.

2)
We have already contacted CoinExchange.io.  They promised to replace their wallet with the new version before the hard fork. If a lot of nodes don’t update their wallet after we release the new version, we will announce about the hard fork again and alert you to the danger of not updating the wallet.

3)
Although it is also listed in FAQ, dividing at 1000 SPRTS is not a correct strategy, as the probability of compensation is determined according to the holding amount.
Total rewards for 1 dollar investors and 1 million dollars investors are different.
The current reward-system gives twice the benefit potential as the probability of compensation and the rate of reward amount, so we feel current rule is not fair.
The community will decide whether the specification after the hard fork is fair or not.

4)
We do not think the large amount of total issuance as a problem. The problem is that the increasing amount and demand do not match.
Rewards are drastically decrease this time.
Our mission is to create demand that is commensurate with remuneration.

To have no funds is certainly a difficult aspect.
However, through community activities, we have been developing new functions even without funds.
Whether a project without funds can not succeed, the answer is obvious if you look at the open source project in the world.

5)
Please refer to answer 4. What we need is to match increasing amount and sprouts demand.
Please expect  the white paper in June. we will announce  what kind of approach to make demand.

That's all from us. Thank you.

Sprouts Official Development Team
Dart_Veider

Activity: 143
Merit: 10

http://darkjedy.blogspot.ru/

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 03:30:58 PM

When will be hardfork and for what?
Kingdat907

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 06:04:18 PM

When will be hardfork and for what?

There is a schedule at the bottom of the white paper they released one may 13th if you haven’t checked it out you can find a link in this forum or I can send you a link to the site if you’d like
Dart_Veider

Activity: 143

http://darkjedy.blogspot.ru/

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 04:53:42 AM

I hate hardforks!
lovepamamost

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 05:05:09 AM

I'll read thew hite power tonight but so far sprouts price is going up on coinexchange. So I'm hoping that means this is good news (80% chance yes).
Kingdat907

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 05:19:17 PM

Not all of us speak japanese obviously so make sure us english speakers can vote.

Yes please include the English speaking community in the vote and bastilar can you do a YouTube video on your thoughts for the hardfork next time you do a give away or when you sell 808 and sprouts? Love watching your stuff and hearing your thoughts of the dev team and predictions thanks so much!!
Edgar9

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 07:02:26 PM

I have a question. Which exchanges are you planning? When will it be possible to trade tokens?
cryptomob

Activity: 99

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:45:38 PM

I just witnessed an impressive pump and dump on coinexchange.io: up to .00036000 and now .00025000 which is still 150% up from couple of days ago. Sweeeeet. Go get your Sprouts before it's really late Smiley don't dump, be smart, buy and hodl!
cryptost4sh

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:24:57 PM

The wallet from the site is not syncing for me and the link from twitter (https://evplusco.wixsite.com/sprouts-english) does not seem implemented.  Is there somewhere we can download a bootstrap?  I'd ask in discord, but I'm not going to put in my phone # just to ask in discord.
Alpa96

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:01:46 AM

The wallet from the site is not syncing for me and the link from twitter (https://evplusco.wixsite.com/sprouts-english) does not seem implemented.  Is there somewhere we can download a bootstrap?  I'd ask in discord, but I'm not going to put in my phone # just to ask in discord.

Same here, my wallet won't sync up. Internet connection'is fine, don't know if we need to add nodes maybe!
cryptost4sh

Activity: 16

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:14:25 AM

The wallet from the site is not syncing for me and the link from twitter (https://evplusco.wixsite.com/sprouts-english) does not seem implemented.  Is there somewhere we can download a bootstrap?  I'd ask in discord, but I'm not going to put in my phone # just to ask in discord.

Same here, my wallet won't sync up. Internet connection'is fine, don't know if we need to add nodes maybe!

I found a link to a bootstrap in the telegram chat:

https://doc-08-80-docs.googleusercontent.com/docs/securesc/ha0ro937gcuc7l7deffksulhg5h7mbp1/l0m8p0ikth9l81o0qk8gghpeuqotav2i/1526767200000/16037554777969391647/*/1m9oCRmK5TlS7nS1UVIcLwxxYQ7vYJfC_?e=download

After extracting into %appdata%\Sprouts, my wallet is syncing Smiley

Edit: Fixed link
Sprouts Team (OP)

Activity: 78

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:50:20 AM
Last edit: May 23, 2018, 03:10:18 PM by Sprouts Team

To the community
Announcement from the Sprouts Dev team.
As already mentioned in the white paper, Sprouts is scheduled hard fork on July 7th.
Therefore, we carry out the confidence vote of the hard fork plan announced detailed in the white paper from May 20th 15: 00 (JST) until 24:00 (JST) May 27th. Voting is once per a person. The choices are "confidence" or "no confidence". Of the validity votes, approval is 50% or more and the HF proposal will be passed.Voting is done on Discord. For voting, Discord's phone number authentication is required.
 (Click here for the Sprouts Discord community: https://discord.gg/pJEChkz)

Regarding the voting method, please confirm with # vote-channel in Discord.
We are waiting for everyone's vote.
The_Trader

Activity: 180
Merit: 52

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:43:46 AM

Fucking discord, I cant be arsed with that , and voting should be done HERE not on some random chat software.

This is where you announce everything so this is where the discussion should stay !

TT
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: