Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:51:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why so many Bitcoin users have fear of governments?  (Read 1658 times)
huntingbtc5

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:45:39 PM

Government do not support the use of bitcoin because they have no control over it and it pays no taxes to them. They give some penalty to prevent the generals using it. As a result many users are at risk and have fear of getting caught.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aiviaa485

Activity: 183

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 03:01:07 AM

for the time being now may be the government is very cautious against Bitcoin and even forbid.

but I believe in the future the government and Bitcoin have their respective spaces to adapt and support each other.

Thanks,
fishball

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 03:05:02 AM

I can't escape to notice that many users here on forum have terrible rebbelious fear of governments. Like government is some evil devil that will destroy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. But is this realy so, do such claims have any reasonable ground at all?

To my opinion the cause for something like that is again ignorance. I think that regulation that is mentioned in many countries is often mixed with centralization which is something that is not natural to Bitcoin because it's functioning totaly different than fiat currencies. Also some warnings to people that Bitcoin is volatile and risky investment that come from national banks are often interpretated as hostile behaviour towards Bitcoin and attempts to make people not to use it.

Is there any hope that Bitcoin users and governments will find the common language and help Bitcoin together to be more accepted in economy, especialy by businesses and to become more "legal" everywhere?

I think it is mainly because of the fact that millions of bitcoin users are actually millionaires now and with those huge amount of money, they are tax-free. So their concern is that if government will rule even cryptoworld, TAX will also does rule over their money.
FiguerFixZ

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 03:14:56 AM

Because government doesn't believe in cryptocurrency
frankybutterin

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 03:21:36 AM

they are afraid because if the government suddenly prohibits all transactions then we will lose a lot of coins. our coin remains in the wallet becomes a useless item can not be sold. and the government has full power to do so. they are banning because they can not withdraw taxes from bitcoin users.

lushlifing

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 03:22:24 AM

I don't think we should fear the government, if the crypto economy is being regulated then it is advantageous to us, why? because it helps crypto environment to be more safe.
bitcoinrunners001

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 03:23:03 AM

Some governments have been already banned bitcoins and people in those countries cannot invest in it.Bitcoin and cryptocurrency are a big threat to the government that is why they don't like bitcoin.Bitcoin has been decentralized means the government cannot track down every transactions made with bitcoin so they can't implement taxes and we know government hates it when they are losing taxes.
wormgummy019

Activity: 328

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 03:26:04 AM

I can't escape to notice that many users here on forum have terrible rebbelious fear of governments. Like government is some evil devil that will destroy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. But is this realy so, do such claims have any reasonable ground at all?

To my opinion the cause for something like that is again ignorance. I think that regulation that is mentioned in many countries is often mixed with centralization which is something that is not natural to Bitcoin because it's functioning totaly different than fiat currencies. Also some warnings to people that Bitcoin is volatile and risky investment that come from national banks are often interpretated as hostile behaviour towards Bitcoin and attempts to make people not to use it.

Is there any hope that Bitcoin users and governments will find the common language and help Bitcoin together to be more accepted in economy, especialy by businesses and to become more "legal" everywhere?

I think they fear governments because government has the power to banned bitcoin in their country. Another thing is they fear government because bitcoin has no tax so that the governments are mad at it. But I think they should not fear governments if they know that bitcoin can make their economy better. It will be better if bitcoin and government are good to each other.
Escan0r

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 03:49:45 AM

Because the user is afraid bitcoin can not be used again. If they use bitcoin it will be directly imprisoned, but every country is different rules. But there's something like that.
Kannutho21

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 04:16:09 AM

Government now a days are greedy they waant poor people stays poor. Thats why btc holders and community where affraid of
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:51:38 AM

they are afraid because if the government suddenly prohibits all transactions then we will lose a lot of coins. our coin remains in the wallet becomes a useless item can not be sold. and the government has full power to do so. they are banning because they can not withdraw taxes from bitcoin users.

As i write i don't know any government around the world that has been able to successfully and completely banned bitcoin because there is no system in place to ensure that except bans on ICO's and exchanges from operating in cryptocurrencies and that doesn't stop users of cryptocurrencies in those countries  from trading them on an international platform so there is no need to fear the governments in my opinion because even if they ban all exchanges around the world we can still buy and sell bitcoin on a peer to peer basis and meet in person without any third-party interference.
Kimchu kuno

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:14:10 AM

I remember the speaker when I attended seminar this past few months. We are talking about taxation and reform laws where he introduced to us that the government is us. He actually emphasized that the people who are in position are just an official of the government, we select them based on what we think it should be good for us, by the virtue of votes.
We should not be scared in the officials of our country specially if we are in a democratic form of government. The mass is the voice and we can be an activist or refirmist against the ruling of the government. If they banned the bitcoin, we can complain to them specially if they did that for their own purpose only and not for the sake of the states/country.

I don't fear governments I'm here to improve my life upgrading from low level to middle class society
Chacon994

Activity: 169

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:16:32 AM

I think that Bitcoin users are afraid of the government because the government may ban the site of commerce as well as Bitcoin exchanges in their own country. If we want to trade Bitcoin then we will have to go to another country
Marlyn1

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:16:51 AM

I agree with you, maybe there are just some misunderstanding to the user's side when government will try to regulate cryprocurrency. They think that government will ban bitcoin when regulation when in fact it would only be the exchanges that will be regulated here. If exchanges were regulated then it would be advantageous on the user's side because they will be protected from fraudulent acts committed by exchanges.
Black Angel

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:24:24 AM

Of course all bitcoin users are always worried about the attitude of the government that is still banned bitcoin, this certainly has the effect that users will find it difficult to find exchanges to exchange bitcoin to fiat.
MAsterCoiner

Activity: 53
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 06:30:22 AM

Government is elected by people to work for people. So government should not destroy any system or product that majority of people use it. So we need more population to adopt and use bitcoins, altcoins .... make more noice about blockchain and cryptos in your neighborhoods.  Wink Wink Smiley SmileyBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTC
Odlanyer

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 06:32:33 AM

Government is very strong and strength that's why many people are fear and afraid. Other country are banned bitcoin because they can't control the fast spreading of bitcoin to their country when government found that you is using bitcoin their possibility that they give you an penalty or put you in prison to prevent using of it.
nory51

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:43:26 AM

Because only Government can force that they can ban Bitcoin that many poor people don't have way to be rich from their country. Government shows greedyness to people who need money
mak2017

Activity: 434
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:11:34 AM

Great question, i was thinking about it myself. And to be honest, i don't see bitcoin holders and governments finding a way to make bitcoin legal worldwide in near future.
Many governments are currently studying blockchain, and trying to apply it in their economy or other sectors - that's a priority for them at the moment.
Adopting bitcoin worldwide is a real challenge for governments, as i think most of them still say "it's a bubble" for the reason they can't control it.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:02:19 AM

I am investing huge in bitcoin and I DON'T fear that (Government thing). Only those people who are using black (illegal) money are scared of it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: