Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:45:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why so many Bitcoin users have fear of governments?  (Read 1658 times)
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:24:06 AM

maybe now Bitcoin and Government are at odds but I'm sure someday the government will embrace Bitcoin.

because I believe Bitcoin has a transparent system there is a history of transactions and can not be falsely. then later the government can use the system to be developed in government, financial institutions and Banks.
That is what the user is afraid of a dispute between bitcoin and the government will have an adverse effect on the bitcoin itself. the government could have closed their internet access to sites related to crypto and spread bad news about bitcoin. the government could have done that? of course the impact will adversely affect to the bitcoin price itself. that's what scares me

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ambrosius

Activity: 196
Merit: 2

“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:30:36 AM

I think because basically, government and bitcoin users have different perspectives. Users of course support bitcoin while the government is the opposite. The role of a government is an important element of a country. If the government has certain concerns about bitcoin then issue a policy of banning the bitcoin, what can we do? do a demonstration? I think bitcoin users in 1 country are not that much to do demonstration. It's normal for users to be afraid, government has power.

MobileBridge Momentum Token Sale
▬  https://momentumtoken.io/  ▬
Revolutionising Marketing & Loyalty
crustycrab666

Activity: 560
Merit: 104

terra-credit.com

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:40:32 AM

The bitcoin users are afraid because if the government did not like it and they have agreed to banned it they will banned it in that particular country and you cannot do anything about that because they are the government and they have the power. And what will hapoen to your holdings? Of course you cannot access that anymore because the bitcoins are inaccessible in your country any more. That is why bitcoins people are afraid of to lose all their holdings that they have worked for a long time.
You are right, the government has full power to regulate the policy of bitcoin in the country. Most governments have not received full bitcoin yet, but they can not refuse it, meaning the government sees that bitcoin also benefits as part of technological development. It's just that the government is still worried about its impact if used as a crime tool or can disrupt economic stability.

► TerraCredit ◄ ♦ TerraCredit - An Effective Alternative To Cash Since 2018 ♦ ► TerraCredit ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Facebook|LinkedIn|Telegram|Whitepaper
gudjhonson

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:04:12 AM

Many Bitcoin users are afraid of the government because they think the government can do anything that makes Bitcoin crumble. And if in my opinion Bitcoin will not be destroyed by anyone. Because in Bitcoin there is a sophisticated technology that is unlikely that technology will be destroyed simply because of the actions of people who do not like Bitcoin. I'm sure that someday there will be many businesses that accept Bitcoin and Bitcoin to be legal throughout the World.

▄▄▄        WINDHAN        |   RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECT   ▄▄▄
||███    (((  Pre-Sale is Live  )))  ▐ ███  JOIN NOW   ███ ▌    ███||
Whitepaper  |  OnePager  |  ANN  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:13:40 AM

I can't escape to notice that many users here on forum have terrible rebbelious fear of governments. Like government is some evil devil that will destroy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. But is this realy so, do such claims have any reasonable ground at all?

To my opinion the cause for something like that is again ignorance. I think that regulation that is mentioned in many countries is often mixed with centralization which is something that is not natural to Bitcoin because it's functioning totaly different than fiat currencies. Also some warnings to people that Bitcoin is volatile and risky investment that come from national banks are often interpretated as hostile behaviour towards Bitcoin and attempts to make people not to use it.

Is there any hope that Bitcoin users and governments will find the common language and help Bitcoin together to be more accepted in economy, especialy by businesses and to become more "legal" everywhere?

I think we should not affraid with government because if we are following the rule we should be safe. Bitcoin user and government can be same language if government issuing regulation on bitcoin
putrii

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:28:26 AM

yes you will be more fearful with the government because many restrictions are made to try to destroy bitcoin, but traders should not be afraid of the government, bitcoin moves from a very high demand which means bitcoin can not be controlled.
Allura74

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 04:44:26 AM

Fear comes from ignorance. When you do not know, you are disarmed. Therefore, what everyone is afraid of is quite natural

Government is powerful for everything and they can make laws like banning bitcoin if they force to, but unfortunately they cannot easily touch bitcoin system since it is a decentralized form and what they can do is only inject some negatives on media to bring FUD's to everyone and that is the attack they can make, so some people having no enough understanding of bitcoin's way points are easily affected.

jeraldskie11

Activity: 1246
Merit: 356

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:47:28 AM

Many people have fear of goverments because its more powerful than everything else they can make any laws regarding to their decision such as banning cryptocurrency if they wanted to. But they can't easily do that way because its very popular nowadays unlike the past years and its form decentralized so they can't attack it.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
mkhjhv

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 05:51:36 AM

Because Bitcoin will not be monitored by the government, and because Bitcoin's characteristics cause it to be frequently used in illegal activities such as money laundering and illegal trading, this is not Bitcoin's fault, but the government does not think so. People will worry that bitcoin will be banned by the government. People need to use bitcoin and legal currency transactions to have the value of use, because bitcoin has not been widely used, and it is not yet the mainstream circulation currency.
BlackRacerX

Activity: 462
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:05:04 AM

I can't escape to notice that many users here on forum have terrible rebbelious fear of governments. Like government is some evil devil that will destroy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. But is this realy so, do such claims have any reasonable ground at all?

To my opinion the cause for something like that is again ignorance. I think that regulation that is mentioned in many countries is often mixed with centralization which is something that is not natural to Bitcoin because it's functioning totaly different than fiat currencies. Also some warnings to people that Bitcoin is volatile and risky investment that come from national banks are often interpretated as hostile behaviour towards Bitcoin and attempts to make people not to use it.

Is there any hope that Bitcoin users and governments will find the common language and help Bitcoin together to be more accepted in economy, especialy by businesses and to become more "legal" everywhere?

I think the fact that a lot of users have HEAVILY invested in bitcoins, there's no doubt that a lot will fear the government's decision in preventing and blocking bitcoin movement and transactions. But I say, the government are powerless. They can't get a grasp of our bitcoins nor the blockchain.

Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:08:30 AM

yes you will be more fearful with the government because many restrictions are made to try to destroy bitcoin, but traders should not be afraid of the government, bitcoin moves from a very high demand which means bitcoin can not be controlled.
of course you will be frightened when in your country prohibit the use of bitcoin. well, but I am not so afraid of the government on this matter. although there is a warning that the risk is very heavy, in my country, it is still allowed, it's just not to make the means of payment.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Karakyli

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:22:01 AM

When you begin to understand how blockchain works, you understand that bitcoin is one of the most large-scale inventions of a person along with the Internet. This is something completely new, which is not governed by governments. In the world scale Bitcoin will live vseravno.
btcrising

Activity: 122

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:29:23 AM

I guess it happens only in third-world countries where powers want to control everything. Using cryptos automatically makes you an enemy there, they panic that you can be a terrorist or be in opposition to the powers.
They want taxes and control, but they won't get it
Bosx1ne

Activity: 540

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:34:40 AM

The reasons why many bitcoin users have fear to government because they are afraid that the government will ban bitcoin in their country. There are now many government who ban bitcoin because of its disadvantages.

Nick Abimanyu

Activity: 406
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 06:47:13 AM

There may be if bitcoin users in the country are larger than the total population of the citizens, so they can lobby their government asking for support to the government to legalize cryptocurrency.
It reminds me of a word "The power of a country very dependent on its people."
Sofiyah

Activity: 560

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:07:21 AM

more precisely to fear the government for fear if bitcoin will be banned in that country. because there are some countries that have banned bitcoin.
I think there will be hope that the government will start accepting bitcoin in the economy, business or be legal anywhere. but don't know when. slowly government will receive bitcoin because bitcoin will really help us.
aleksnutis

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:22:09 AM

In normal developing countries, everything will be fine with the regulation of the cryptocurrency market. If you remember the first 5 years no one believed in bitcoin, all the important people claimed that this is a fraud and a dummy. And today the cryptocurrency market has already shown itself on the good side, I think we should not worry about this.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:28:32 AM

I think they fear of governments because if the governments can take over bitcoin and control it under their power , the value of bitcoin can possibly become stable and being stable means bitcoin investors and traders cannot earn more.

other reason that i think of is bitcoin will now have a tax and all people do always have a fear on tax because it zaps most of their income and the governemt will only take the benefits of this if they are corrupt.

Anonimity of bitcoin can also be affected but i guess bitcoin can now be more secure because it is now being regulated and monitored.
Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:41:26 AM

Sometimes the fear of Bitcoin users are grounded on hollow grounds. They seem to be blowing up everything out of its proportions. They tend to exaggerate. However, I also don't think that there will come a point when Bitcoin or crypto will go hand in hand with the government for its success. I don't think it will ever happen because the two have several totally opposite poles. For one, the governments want control, Bitcoin is created to avoid that.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
CoreyMoorey

Activity: 39

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:44:45 AM

China was a big source of crypto users. But suddenly China banned Bitcoins in there. Facebook is the biggest market place now. Facebook already blocked crypto currency with ICO issue. Although some countries has shown appreciation but still I think it's fair to have some fear of government. Cause a whole bunch of people always try to stay out of illegal things.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: