Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:13:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NIX - thread moved  (Read 50036 times)
huan2018

Activity: 58
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 05:20:22 PM

119  pages of wallet updates .  Shocked Shocked Shocked  OK what next DEVS  ,maybe u  should update the website  again Huh or a wallet ? or both  at the same time ? )) Hmm .

still  waiting for NIX to hit 0.01 cent . then i buy in BIG .  Grin

Kamal264

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 04:43:26 AM

I was interested in the project! I believe he has good prospects. Great team! Good luck to you, we expect the listing! Good luck devs.
alejandrosn1998

Activity: 158
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 04:20:51 PM

Another wallet update, there have been at least 10-15 wallet updates in the past 3 months. Now the team is rebranding DPoS to --> LPoS, same strategy, rebranding minting/spending to ghost/unghosting, all these changing names. This is highly misleading for the average eye.

The team is insinuating proprietorship for all these old concepts, just rebranding bunch of things, why not keep the same names!? Very frustrating for people supporting the project, all that happens is copy code --> paste --> rename/rebrand.
regas2102

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 06:45:08 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT - Mandatory Update

Download the new #NIX Core Wallet 2.2.0. Check most relevant features:

- Upgrade to LPoS/Cold Staking.
- #Ghostnode fee distribution mechanism.
- Staking age from 500 to 200.

Update in advance as above features activate at block 115,921.

Download here: https://github.com/NixPlatform/NixCore/releases

Upgrading my wallet.
By the way, can you spend a couple of mins to give me a bit more clarification on LpoS, please.
What is LPoS?

From the team via discord:

"We are moving away from the term custom DPoS for our consensus model and using LPoS (Leasing proof of stake - credits to wave for coining that term) as it fits the description of our model more clearly and to avoid any discrepancy of the consensus description.
With LPoS you will be able to lease your coins to merchants or other third parties so they can stake on your behalf and claim a percentage reward you allow in the initial contract. For example, party A leases 500 nix to party B allowing a 5% fee reward. Party B can now stake those 500 coins, when party B hits a stake, they are allowed to take 5% of the stake reward leaving party A to now own 500 + stake reward - 5% of stake reward. Party B can continue to stake those coins as long as the leasing contract is active. Party A can void that contract whenever he or she wants.

And to be clear, Party A can make a leasing contract that takes 0% fee, this can be used as a simple cold staking script if he or she wants to cold stake via their own computer."

Some more info on it via the site 2/3 down the page: https://nixplatform.io/technology/protocol-layer

Apart from Waves which does not function on BTC protocol, NIX is the only BTC protocol platform to offer LPoS.
bitro33

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 07:11:20 PM

If this is like waves LPoS is an accurate term to use. DPoS is much more different with witnesses/governance

Nikolas.Glushe

Activity: 84
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 11:27:40 PM

Dear Nix community. We are pleased to inform you about our project https://nixchats.top which logs all important telegram chats related to Nix. We believe that Nix Chats will be a valuable addition to the Nix ecosystem. During the work of the site, we have already received a large number of positive feedback from community members. The project is under active development. The project has its own team of programmers, ready at any time to solve new technical problems and make new improvements.

What is implemented at the moment:
You can read your favorite sites in a convenient form for you through https://nixchats.top
The site is optimized for work and on mobile devices. There is a search by keyword and date. It is possible to read the chat you want in your native language using Google Translate. The translation is not perfect, but it will allow you to receive the latest news as quickly as possible from the first sources. For example, you can use our site to read Polish or Dutch versions of Nix telegram chats.

In the near future, we plan to add the ability to share a specific telegram post in social networks. On the one hand, this will allow you to share interesting content with your friends and subscribers, and on the other hand, it will positively influence the development of Nix’s popularity in general.

There is a lot of work ahead, we have planned a huge number of interesting and useful improvements. If you have any suggestions for improving our site, please write - we will try to take everything into account and use it in the further development of the site.

If you think that some important chat related to Nix is missing on our website, please write and we will add it.
kamikaza

Activity: 597
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 10:20:17 AM

If this is like waves LPoS is an accurate term to use. DPoS is much more different with witnesses/governance

That is also why we moved from the term DPoS to LPoS.
kamikaza

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 10:32:19 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2018, 07:55:36 PM by kamikaza

Another wallet update, there have been at least 10-15 wallet updates in the past 3 months. Now the team is rebranding DPoS to --> LPoS, same strategy, rebranding minting/spending to ghost/unghosting, all these changing names. This is highly misleading for the average eye.

The team is insinuating proprietorship for all these old concepts, just rebranding bunch of things, why not keep the same names!? Very frustrating for people supporting the project, all that happens is copy code --> paste --> rename/rebrand.

The team needs to do these mandatory updates because it is implementing something else than just simple rebrands.

I understand it is annoying but NIX is still in the early stages of its development and is currently in the process of shaping its platform. You can always use the NIX electrum wallet or the gui-wallet (which have the auto update function) if you don't want to update all the time.
unkn0wn0x

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 13, 2018, 09:48:49 PM

Had to log in for answering that statement.

What are you even on about? Did you even look into the LPoS system? You are claiming it has been copied when no other bitcoin based crypto currency uses a system like that? From my understanding Waves has implemented it differently.

Can you justify your accusations?
alejandrosn1998

Activity: 158
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 01:07:03 AM

The team needs to do these mandatory updates because it is implementing something else than just simple rebrands.

I understand it is annoying but NIX is still in the early stages of its development and is currently in the process of shaping its platform. You can always use the NIX electrum wallet or the gui-wallet (which has the auto update function) if you don't want to update all the time.

Ty Kami, I appreciate this post. Yeah I guess I will do so
kamikaza

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 10:27:32 AM

Crypto Sharks

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 06:41:59 PM

LPOS is now active!  Start leasing your coins today for effortless staking!

https://nix.cryptosharkspool.com/
oneeyedisking

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 08:41:02 PM

Ghostnode service fee distribution has started!

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/nix/block.dws?117360.htm
huan2018

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 03:36:52 PM

U worry more about staking and ghost noods then actually making this whole NIX thing work .We been waiting for ages for this to happen   " amazing next generation privacy currency and multi-layered interoperability platform " yet all we get is wallet updates every two weeks .

devs only  interesting in making money  to themselves .

still  waiting for NIX to  hit 0.01 $ then i buy  in  BIG >))))
matejbilahora

Activity: 1418
Merit: 275

Community built, Privacy driven

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 06:30:45 PM

U worry more about staking and ghost noods then actually making this whole NIX thing work .We been waiting for ages for this to happen   " amazing next generation privacy currency and multi-layered interoperability platform " yet all we get is wallet updates every two weeks .

devs only  interesting in making money  to themselves .

still  waiting for NIX to  hit 0.01 $ then i buy  in  BIG >))))
Well I am also still waiting for the big bang, and nothing. All I see that JB again manipulated people same way he did in Zoin and still is holding many nix that belongs to several users. So dont expect anything huge from this project.
huan2018

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 06:52:51 PM

Im expecting huge FLOP that  about all i expect from this project .

" Welcome to  TITANIC "
Pumpitup6

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 11:56:24 AM

" Welcome to  TITANIC "

Please stop with this FUD. I have received NIX during the Zoin airdrop and since then I am actively following their progress, and it seems like you are not. Clearly the only thing that they are doing are not wallet updates. If you go on Discord and see the announcements, you can see that there is much more going on. You can also check Github and see the progress there.
bitro33

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 12:49:39 PM

I really love the LPoS! Great job
matejbilahora

Activity: 1418
Merit: 275

Community built, Privacy driven

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 01:28:16 PM

" Welcome to  TITANIC "

Please stop with this FUD. I have received NIX during the Zoin airdrop and since then I am actively following their progress, and it seems like you are not. Clearly the only thing that they are doing are not wallet updates. If you go on Discord and see the announcements, you can see that there is much more going on. You can also check Github and see the progress there.
No fud, just stating true stuff. JB knew my addresses and deleted these from database. Lost over 400k Nix due to this.

First know the facts and than speak. I did not screwed as other may say.
Pumpitup6

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 01:48:47 PM

" Welcome to  TITANIC "

No fud, just stating true stuff. JB knew my addresses and deleted these from database. Lost over 400k Nix due to this.
https://i.imgur.com/8eCgHUw.jpg
First know the facts and than speak. I did not screwed as other may say.

I'm not sure about your claim and what went wrong there or who's at fault, but this has nothing to do with the fact that NIX is making many announcement regarding the development and cooperation with other companies, so saying that nothing besides wallet updates is happening is FUD.
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 »
  Print  

Jump to: