Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:44:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Depressed that I was not an early adopter  (Read 13251 times)
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:25:42 PM

Can't help but feel this way

what country are you from ? you can become a country representative with the CryptoCurrencyCentral Bank a Global

institution with its Headquaters currently located in Australia governed by the Crypto Currency Constitution and the

only institution with the right to regulate or designate regulatory powers over Crypto Currencies,

as they say no time like the present Wink

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
anti-scam

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

COINECT

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:50:46 PM

I'm sure some people that mined 1,000 coins feel bad that they didn't mine 10,000, and so on and so forth.

▄▄▓▓▄▄   ▄▓▓▓▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀    ▀▓▓▓▀   ▀▓▓▓▄
         ▄▓▓▀▀        ▐▓         ▀▓▓▓
         ▓▓   ░▓▓▒    ▐▓     ▓▓░   ▐▓
         ▓▓    ░▀▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▀▀    ▐▓
      ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▓▓▀     ▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▄   ▀▀    ▀▓▓░
    ▓▓        ▓▓▓░    ▐▓     ▀▓▓▄        ▓░
    ▓▓▄▄▄    ▐▓░   ▄▓▄▓▓▒▄▓▄   ▓▓░   ▄▄▄▄▓░
    ▓▓▀▀▀    ▐▓░   ▀▀▀▓▓▒▀▀    ▓▓░   ▀▀▀▒▓░
    ▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄   ▐▓    ▄▓▓▓▀       ░▓░
    ▀▓▓▄▄  ▄▓▄   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓▒   ▓▄   ▄▓▓▓░
        ▀▓▓▓▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓░   ▀▀▓▓▓▀░
         ▓▓    ▄▓▓▓   ▐▓    ▓▓▄░   ▐▓░░
         ▀▓▄   ▀▓     ▐▓     ▀▀   ▄▓▓░
           ▀▓▓▓▄      ▓▓░      ▄▓▓▀░
               ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▀░▓▓▓▄▓▓▓░
COINECT
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
AI-based decentralized
arbitrage trading system
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
█              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
lucasjkr

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 01:07:15 PM

I have a friend that was talking all about bitcoin back in 2010 and 2011 (still does). I sat around poking holes in his arguments for why this wouldn't work and implored him that if he was so confident, to put his money where his mouth was and buy into it to show me wrong. In 2012, I came across BFL and offered to ordered something from them, let him go 50/50 on it with me. In the intervening time between order date and delivery date, studied more and more about bitcoin, litecoin, etc, and dabbled some, bought a GPU to mine, etc. I don't know where i'm going with this, but to say, yes, I kick myself a little for not listening to him, but finally came around somewhat. As for him? As big of a cheerleader as he's been for the currency for 3 years now, he never even acquired even a single bitcoin. At least i was disbelieving about it, that's my excuse. He bought into the whole idea, and if he'd just gone ahead and spent any amount of his own money he'd be sitting pretty right now.

As it stands now, I'm still disbelieving on the phenomenon. Just being honest. But I also acknowledge that my crystal ball isn't always correct, so I've acquired a few bit coins over time to hedge against being wrong. Would i be a shit ton richer if i'd bought in when he first went on about it? Or even two years later? Yes. Willl beating myself up for missing out on it accomplish anything? No.

Who i really feel bad for are all the silk road people - buyers especially, but sellers too. Here they've been, acquiring and spending BTC this whole time - i bet a lot of them could tally their total spending and realize that they'ed have millions of dollars if they'ed just held onto their coins instead of spending them!

And then, there's that 10,000 BTC pizza guy. Talk about opportunity cost!
AuroraHF

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 01:18:27 PM

I too feel the same way. I tried to jump into BTC back in 2009 but it was too complicated for my tiny brain back then to understand bitcoins. I remember faucet were giving out 0.1 BTC per hour, but I didn't know how to set up an address and all that mumbo jumbo. So now, I'm in the scene and this time I'm here to stay!

lmao
zeroday
Donator

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 01:36:50 PM

I suppose, even at $10/btc you was also depressed since you missed it at $1 in 2011.

Stop whining!

Anyone who buys bitcoin at less than $10k/btc is early adopter.

I heard similar things from "depressed" people when bitcoin just passed $60. I told them the same as I telling it to you, but most of them just ignored me and kept their fiat.
It looks paradoxical, but now I've found some of them buying at $500 and higher.
Jenger

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 01:36:56 PM

Ive been watching btc rise from $4/btc without making a serious move. A simple $1000 investment could of been life altering for me...

How do you think I feel? Angry

doom309

Activity: 170
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 02:02:47 PM

i downloaded my wallet 24/4/11 but didnt understand btc, or how to get some, so i just forgot about it, wasnt until late 2012 i even bothered to check out a chart and got the surprise of my life, still it didnt get me moving, it wasnt until the cyprus crisis in march that i got scared about the future of fiat, and got off my ass and put a few thou into btc at 57 ...

the right time is not always the right time for you, but thats life

i agree, people who get in now are probably still "early adopters" btc should go a long long way yet unless govt screws it up for us, just think of the worlds populations, especially in developing countries, who are yet to get involved ...

oh yes, and the altcoins, try backing as many as you can at low prices, a few are going to get big, maybe one of them will surpass btc, no one can know, so you have to bet on as many as you can
metaverse22

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 02:11:39 PM

Don't be too depressed being not an early adopter because its not that bad at all compared to what I have heard of a person who was paid around 1000 bit coins for selling his website and then cashed in too early at around 20 dollar per bitcoin. If he just waited, he could have been sitting pretty well now. That's I guess is truly depressing.  Shocked
omega33

Activity: 398

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:09:52 PM

It is too late to regret for such things

Rezree

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 04:43:49 PM

I totally get how OP feels and in many ways I feel the same, but as others mention we are still early adopters, and people have been feeling depressed at any time during the rise in BTC value.

I think what helps me the most is to think about the fact that it's still very early days. Just knowing what we know now is more than most people do, and there's still a lot of profit to be made if that's what you want, although in the end I feel that crypto currency is worth more than just making a quick buck.

We can help disseminate information about BTC and crypto coins in general and play an active part in what I believe is a revolutionary (or the more correct term would probably be 'evolutionary' ) change in the world. That's at least something I'm happy about.

Anis

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:17:48 PM

Hey you live and you learn. No need to feel down, that state of mind doesn't lead to anything good. You have to stay fired up and amped so that you can discover the next big thing.
zachcope

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:50:09 PM

New big thing is every 15-20 years or so. Get ready.

Oh and it's not tool late to get into bitcoin.
I'll sell you a few at $25,000 USD / coin in a few years as I'm a week hand.

Ecurb123

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:52:38 PM

you may not become rich from bitcoin at this point, but you're still an early adopter.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 06:01:56 PM

My take on this is that there were other numerous startups back then when Bitcoin was just making its first steps, but the majority of them failed miserably in the end and disappeared without ever leaving a trace. So it had been almost impossible to choose between them at the time and tell decidedly which was destined for success and which was doomed to failure...

And even if there were none actually, it still helps to think there were!

Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:06:12 PM

I salute OP for admitting his depression and i hope he will take his chance when pigs are panic selling.

Not like others, they jump on anti-bitcoin wagon because they're not early adopters. They use the same old argument..... "bitcoins are only good for illegal activities", "its a Tuplip-mania bubble".....

Well i see these ppl at $200 and i guess they're still on that wagon missing all the opportunities passing by.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 07:04:29 PM

Me I was visiting bitcoin.org the first days it launched. Didn't realise back then the revolution is near. Entered into it all early 2012. I profited a lot but I can't imagine how much would it be if I realised earlier...

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 07:05:38 PM

New big thing is every 15-20 years or so. Get ready.

I dare to see economic breakthrough like this will not happen that soon...

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 07:26:02 PM

I think almost all of us here wish we could have been sooner.  It is just the fun of Bitcoin! The biggest regrets for most are not buying sooner and not holding them after they bought them!

We did not buy earlier for fear of Bitcoin not really going anywhere and for fear that it was tied to illegal activities that we did not want to be associated with.  Those things cost us some major returns.

But that said, I console myself with the fact that the number of Bitcoin holders in the world is still relatively small.  Just holding even a few Bitcoins could someday put us in an "elite" category.  It is hard to believe now but we really don't know where this is going for sure.

So I am thankful that I have a small amount and I will just hold them for a year or two and see what happens.  I have a feeling in a year from now there will be people wishing they had as many as I have or any of us have that are on the boards now.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 07:46:46 PM

Almost every Bitcoiner has those kind of regrets, including me.

If only I had bought more, if only I had not sold early, if only I had mined more, if, if,...

I paid a vacation to Florida last year with 200 BTC. I could buy a house now with that kind of money.

Just focus on what you have now.

Bitcoin still will become 100x or 1000x more worth than it is today.

You will just have to wait a little longer, that's all.

cjgames.com
Jonton

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:46:23 PM

Maybe you want to hear the opposite. Sorry. I can´t do that. Stay in the present, feel the pain, have dreams. Make mistake´s. Just make them...
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: