Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:03:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Depressed that I was not an early adopter  (Read 13243 times)
SeanArce (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:33:10 AM

Can't help but feel this way

www.onefamous.org
https://soundcloud.com/naer-sri
15ZmN3d7WZDo4WbZwPFJMZcPMBDUkueGH7 - my  btc address

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:34:28 AM

you are probably being too greedy. how does feeling that way help you in any way? if you have some coin and have made some money, then just be happy with that.. that's the only thing you can control.
SeanArce (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:38:18 AM

you are probably being too greedy. how does feeling that way help you in any way? if you have some coin and have made some money, then just be happy with that.. that's the only thing you can control.

It doesn't. Feels bad being poor right now.

www.onefamous.org
https://soundcloud.com/naer-sri
15ZmN3d7WZDo4WbZwPFJMZcPMBDUkueGH7 - my  btc address
C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:40:35 AM

I know what you mean.  If I had only purchased Berkshire Hathaway at $10.00 a share... Smiley

My point: You should be buying the next big thing now.  Problem is identifying it early.

The secret:  You don't have to pick the biggest thing, picking several things that will get bigger is much more certain.

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
polarhei

Activity: 462

Firing it up

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:42:29 AM

October this year is the last call, I'm afraid. But, there is one thing called cex.io, which is your only friend. I have noticed there are few people support me, then I can do less.
MJGrae

Activity: 134

Sold.

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:44:25 AM

I would make the argument that we haven't run out of steam yet. Though you might not be an "early adopter" there is still plenty of profit to be made. If so, you can use that profit to be an early adopter of the next major innovation. Cheers.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:44:48 AM

Just FWIW, that's pretty much how most of us felt in 2011 also.

Not saying that it's a good idea to plow one's life saving in at this time, but it is probably more likely that Bitcoin will do another 10x or 50x now than it was back then.  Still it's certainly not something that I would consider to be a strong likelihood.  Just a possibility.  In the interest of full disclosure, I'm selling.  But if I had no BTC and some money I could afford to lose, I probably would be taking a modest speculative position at this time.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
jzcjca00

Activity: 263

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:47:56 AM

Anyone buying Bitcoin today IS an early adopter.  Some day it will be easy, with things like hardware wallets that make it super safe and easy, and you can tell your grandchildren that you owned Bitcoin before hardware wallets were invented, when you had to deal with paper wallets and offline computers!

You think the people who bought at $1 didn't lament about being poor and wishing they had bought ay $0.001?

Just buy, hold for five years, never think about selling, and you will probably be rich.  

Tips much appreciated! 1PPJHDawPvjh6MEzsvXrMYLgpLmyAaNXUc
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:48:01 AM

Many people thought the same way as you when the BTC costed $100 and you know what they missed. That said, I think you still have chance to buy BTC at a price lower than $700, or maybe even $600, just be patient and keep alert.
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 03:48:06 AM

I had a chance to get into Bitcoin in 2012 and it never fully caught my attention until this year when price jumped past $100. Bitcoin is no different than USD or any other business venture. You have to be prepared, in the right place in the right time and take advantage of opportunities.

The early adopters were smart in that they saw an opportunity and held onto their investment. The only thing you can do now is work hard using your skills and talents to earn Bitcoins and invest wisely into ways to multiply your earnings. You might be sad now, but you could end up with 10,000 in a few months you never know.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

Sam-Os

Activity: 87
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:54:35 AM

Bums me out too, I knew about BitCoin years ago from reading an article about it and thought "wow I'm gonna buy some of these" but at that time I could not find any way to buy them online. I live in the Caribbean and I still don't have any cause it's just difficult to buy them by wiring money where I live. Damn Banks. If there was a place I could have purchased them by credit card I would've purchased a bunch years ago.  Tongue
bitcoinpsftp

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:03:53 AM

You'll feel a lot worse in 5 years when they're 40k a coin.... why didn't you buy when they were only 800 Tongue

Seriously, nobody on the street knows what a bitcoin is.  It's still SUPER EARLY.

kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:17:07 AM

You and 99.9% of current bitcoin holders  Smiley Just think how bad it would feel to be an early adopter who mined a bunch of coins and sold out when they hit a dollar, as many undoubtedly did.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
BigJohn

Activity: 116

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:21:18 AM

That's so illogical. Emotional yeah, but illogical. Spock wouldn't approve.

That's like feeling bad when on the Blackjack table, the guy next to you pulls a 21. If only you had sat one seat over to the right you would have won. But at the time there was no way of knowing. This stuff is just gambling.
bitcoinpsftp

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:32:36 AM

Exactly what Big said.

What if when you bought bitcoins at 0.0001 cents in 2009, because of those minutes sitting on the computer buying, you walked out your house 1 hour later than usual, and got hit by a buss and ended up dead.  IF ONLY I NEVER BOUGHT BITCOINS.

See why that thinking is illogical? 

If only I bought microsoft shares...
If only I bought facebook shares...
If only I bought etc. etc. etc.

descarte

Activity: 195

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:40:31 AM

look at the bright side. this can also be the best time to jump in.

turn your regrets into motivation.
Georgio

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:43:02 AM

I bought some at $400 and I think I am an early adopter. I regret only that I missed the chance to buy from April Until October when the price was between $100 and $200.

I have this feeling that the price will be $10000 in 2015. Nothing else just a feeling. I don't want to speculate what the price will be after 2015.
faizaa123

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:48:55 AM

no reason to be depressed.
the vast majority of people miss out on early-adopter benefits (see: google, tesla, apple, etc).

get used to that feeling!
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 04:51:41 AM

Look forward. There are emerging altcoins with even brighter futures that will surpass Bitcoin. You can't change the past but you can learn from it and not repeat the same mistake: http://coinmarketcap.com/
lindatess

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:09:46 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2013, 05:22:57 AM by lindatess

Most people now would be late adopters in terms of the amount of money you can make.

You can no longer turn $27 into $800,000. That would require the price of bitcoin to rise to $29,629,629.63. $29 million dollars per bitcoin.

So, yes it's pretty late to come into the speculative game. You can make larger volatile returns with a lowered chance of pullbacks in other instruments or angel investing in other businesses or financial instruments that will appear in the near future. There is always going to be something new. Either way, it looks like it's "Who you know, rather than what you know", when it came to picking up bitcoin.

cheesylard

Activity: 104

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 05:37:49 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2013, 05:50:09 AM by cheesylard

Hah. I thought I missed the gravy train when I bought at $50.

Then again I sold it all once it hit $200, so now I *really* feel like I missed out.  Tongue
beetcoin

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:06:42 AM

i'm not the smartest guy in the world, and i often feel like i missed a huge opportunity to live the rest of my life without having to worry about money..

but there's nothing i can do, short of maybe travelling to the past in a time machine. all i can do is learn from my mistake of not pursuing a good opportunity when i see one.

stop lamenting on what could have been and start putting your mind on what can be.
Alty

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

RISE Project Manager

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:21:20 AM

i'm not the smartest guy in the world, and i often feel like i missed a huge opportunity to live the rest of my life without having to worry about money..

but there's nothing i can do, short of maybe travelling to the past in a time machine. all i can do is learn from my mistake of not pursuing a good opportunity when i see one.

stop lamenting on what could have been and start putting your mind on what can be.

You have a second chance if you pick the right alt coins.

They are already seeing greater daily price increases than Bitcoin.

www.coinmarketcap.com
maurya78

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:22:46 AM

Get over it

You are still very early in the larger scheme of things.... Wink

Bitobsessed

Activity: 291

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:28:37 AM

General consensus says I should have bought more bitcoin at x price.  I keep telling people its always a good time to buy bitcoin.  Its always a good time to mine bitcoin.  Do it now and look back in a year or two.  So short story short is have some btc.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 06:30:41 AM

You are an early adopter.

beetcoin

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:44:38 AM

General consensus says I should have bought more bitcoin at x price.  I keep telling people its always a good time to buy bitcoin.  Its always a good time to mine bitcoin.  Do it now and look back in a year or two.  So short story short is have some btc.

it's not good to buy bitcoin when a speculative bubble is about to burst.

mining bitcoin is only good when it's profitable, and it doesn't seem to be that way right now.
Ryland R. Taylor-Almanza
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:47:23 AM

I'm more concerned about the technology than the money. I think Bitcoin is a really cool idea, which is why I use it (Note: "use" not "hoard") I bought and earned hundreds of BTC when they were around 80 cents USD.

If I held on to those, I could be doing very well right now. But I have no regrets. I did a tiny part in helping BTC become what it is by supporting people who accepted BTC, and giving them out to friends to spread the word. That's good enough for me, and it's not too late for that.

.BITSLER.                 ▄███
               ▄████▀
             ▄████▀
           ▄████▀  ▄██▄
         ▄████▀    ▀████▄
       ▄████▀        ▀████▄
     ▄████▀            ▀████▄
   ▄████▀                ▀████▄
 ▄████▀ ▄████▄      ▄████▄ ▀████▄
█████   ██████      ██████   █████
 ▀████▄ ▀████▀      ▀████▀ ▄████▀
   ▀████▄                ▄████▀
     ▀████▄            ▄████▀
       ▀████▄        ▄████▀
         ▀████▄    ▄████▀
           ▀████▄▄████▀
             ▀██████▀
               ▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄            
▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█▄▄ ▀▀▄         
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄      
█  ▀▄▄  ▀█▀▀ ▄      ▀████   ▀▀▄   
█ █▄  ▀▄   ▀████       ▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ▀▀       ▀▄▄ ▀████      ▄▄▄▀▀▀  █
█            ▄ ▀▄    ▄▄▄▀▀▀   ▄▄  █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ ▄▄   ███   ▀██  █           ▀▀  █ 
█ ███  ▀██       █        ▄▄      █ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  
▀▄            █        ▀▀      █  
▀▀▄   ███▄  █   ▄▄          █   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    
▀▀▄   █   ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀         
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▀▀▀▀              
              ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄
        ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄     ▄█████▀             ▀█████▄
██▄▄ █████▀                ▀█████
 ████████            ▄██      █████
  ████████▄         ███▀       ████▄
  █████████▀▀     ▄███▀        █████
   █▀▀▀          █████         █████
     ▄▄▄         ████          █████
   █████          ▀▀           ████▀
    █████                     █████
     █████▄                 ▄█████
      ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
         ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       █▀▀ ▄█████████████▄ ▀▀█
     █▀▀ ███████████████████ ▀▀█
    █▀ ███████████████████████ ▀█
   █▀ ███████████████▀▀ ███████ ▀█
 ▄█▀ ██████████████▀      ▀█████ ▀█▄
███ ███████████▀▀            ▀▀██ ███
███ ███████▀▀                     ███
███ ▀▀▀▀                          ███
▀██▄                             ▄██▀
  ▀█▄                            ▀▀
    █▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
     █▄      ▀█████████▀
      ▀█▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄
            ▀▀█████
[]
beetcoin

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:49:09 AM

I'm more concerned about the technology than the money. I think Bitcoin is a really cool idea, which is why I use it (Note: "use" not "hoard") I bought and earned hundreds of BTC when they were around 80 cents USD.

If I held on to those, I could be doing very well right now. But I have no regrets. I did a tiny part in helping BTC become what it is by supporting people who accepted BTC, and giving them out to friends to spread the word. That's good enough for me, and it's not too late for that.

that's cool then.. you aren't overcome by greed and "what could have happened" like most people. hanging onto the past sucks.
desert_beagle

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:55:54 AM

How do you think that guy who bought a box of pizza with his 10,000 bitcoins feels like now?

Probably commited suicide. Cry
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:59:57 AM

mining bitcoin is only good when it's profitable, and it doesn't seem to be that way right now.

I never mined.  High end graphics cards were the way when I got involved.  I could see that mining would be mostly losing battle unless the price exploded, and if that happened then sitting on BTC was going to work well.  Much less effort and much less accumulation of obsolete gear.

My only regret is that I did not find out about and speculate a bit on ASICMINER shares.  Sounds like people who did that really cleaned house.  For a while at least.  I was always dubious that ASIC's were actually real until ~friedcat pulled one out of his hat and demonstrated it conclusively.

---

To the "use" not "hoard" guy I'll say this:  I've always felt that "using" bitcoin in the way that most people dream of would kill it.  Won't scale.  Hoarding it might turn it into a 'reserve currency' of sorts where it could retain it's distributed peer-2-peer nature and the strength that is derived from being so.  The value (both in monetary terms and in terms of solving a needed problem for society) would still be huge even without everyone buying Skittles with it.

The only time I spent actual money to 'help' Bitcoin as a system was at the end of 2011 when I felt I was doing the system a service by trying to mop up excess liquidity in Bitcoin's dark days.  That worked out very very well for me.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
laowai80

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 07:02:42 AM

It is actually safer now to buy some altcoins than it was to buy bitcoin back in 2011. Crypto currencies have shown us all their great potential, and there are still opportunities, some cryptos are better than bitcoin but are hugely undervalued. Once bitcoin goes mainstream (2014 should be the year), and it will be considered politically correct for big hedge funds to invest in it, they will research cryptos in general and pick up cheap undervalued cryptos, some of which actually have better features than bitcoin. Try to be ahead of these hedge funds, you're more flexible than they are, do your research and pick your bets. Bitcoin is like Ford motor company, which paved the way, but there are quite a few other automobile companies, many surpassing the pioneers in their products and scale of operations.

I don't know how I would feel if I had discovered bitcoin back when it was just a few cents, bought some and spent all of it on a pizza. THAT would feel very bad, so we're actually lucky not to have come across bitcoin back then, because now that it's been around, we are more aware of its true potential and value, unlike those early adopters, who were playing with it and blew away huge amounts just for fun.
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 07:19:48 AM

"Early Adopter" is relative. In 2009, bitcoins were less than a penny, and you can mine a couple thousand a day with only a CPU (not even a video card). People that entered in 2011 felt like they missed the train when BTC was at ~$5, and you needed to use the hashing power of multiple video cards to mine. Now, people that just jumped in felt like they missed the train if they buy in at $800/BTC or required to use ASICs mine, but in the future it could shoot up to $6000/BTC. Then those people will feel like the missed the opportunity to buy when it was still $800. This wishful thinking won't do anything.

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 07:36:09 AM

Don't worry. 99% of people are only counting paper profits.

hilariousandco
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 2616

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 10:58:48 AM

Do you feel depressed everytime you buy a lottery ticket and don't win the jackpot? I'm sure peeps who didn't buy shares early in Microsoft are pretty bummed now.

Buy BTC now and you could still be a big winner and an 'early adopter' in the grand scheme of things, or invest in some of the other cryptos and you could win big, or lose, just like you could've and can do with BTC, that's the gamble.

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
███████████▀▀               ███
███                         ███
███                         ███
 ███                       ███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ▀███▄▄             ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▄▄▄░█▀░█░██░▐█▌░██░█░▀█░▄▄▄
██▀░░░░▀██░▐█▌░██▀░░░░▀██
▀██
█████▄███▀▀██▀▀███▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
█████████████LEADING CRYPTO SPORTSBOOK & CASINO█████████████
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
Lewis2

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:29:35 AM

Agreed with all of the above. My prediction is you will either strike it rich, getting a sick ROI over the next years, or it will bust and leave you with money. I suggest buying what you can now with the money you can miss, so don't go to the bank for it. Than let it sit for 5 years, forget about it and conclude that you are rich or your little investment is gone. Don't forget that even people that thought they got rich when selling at $250 -making tons of money- might feel bad now.

amincd

Activity: 772
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:30:35 AM

The new opportunity is in businesses that deal with bitcoins. The right ones will see just as much appreciation as bitcoin did. Bitcoin will enable a new economy and you're in at a very early stage.
BitcoinNews.io

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:30:52 AM

the thought of not being under the boot of the government is a sweet win. and i want to work and build stuff/solve problems no matter how much wealth i acquire, so early adopter or late adopter it's all the same to me.
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:31:37 AM

Hey just feel better because you came in when bitcoin was $100. Rejoice it's racing to a thousand now.  Grin
servowire

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:13:32 PM

How about being an early adopter, and selling your stash for 5$ per coin?

That is what I did. I mined 1 BTC per day, was bored with it, girlfriend was complaining about the heat of the GPU's
And sold it all.

That's even worse.

Think to yourself. If you got "in" at $5 would you have really helt it during $25? $100? Small chance.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:25:42 PM

what country are you from ? you can become a country representative with the CryptoCurrencyCentral Bank a Global

institution with its Headquaters currently located in Australia governed by the Crypto Currency Constitution and the

only institution with the right to regulate or designate regulatory powers over Crypto Currencies,

as they say no time like the present Wink

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
anti-scam

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

COINECT

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:50:46 PM

I'm sure some people that mined 1,000 coins feel bad that they didn't mine 10,000, and so on and so forth.

▄▄▓▓▄▄   ▄▓▓▓▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀    ▀▓▓▓▀   ▀▓▓▓▄
         ▄▓▓▀▀        ▐▓         ▀▓▓▓
         ▓▓   ░▓▓▒    ▐▓     ▓▓░   ▐▓
         ▓▓    ░▀▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▀▀    ▐▓
      ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
    ▓▓▀     ▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ░▓▄   ▀▀    ▀▓▓░
    ▓▓        ▓▓▓░    ▐▓     ▀▓▓▄        ▓░
    ▓▓▄▄▄    ▐▓░   ▄▓▄▓▓▒▄▓▄   ▓▓░   ▄▄▄▄▓░
    ▓▓▀▀▀    ▐▓░   ▀▀▀▓▓▒▀▀    ▓▓░   ▀▀▀▒▓░
    ▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄   ▐▓    ▄▓▓▓▀       ░▓░
    ▀▓▓▄▄  ▄▓▄   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓▒   ▓▄   ▄▓▓▓░
        ▀▓▓▓▀▀   ▓▓   ▐▓   ▐▓░   ▀▀▓▓▓▀░
         ▓▓    ▄▓▓▓   ▐▓    ▓▓▄░   ▐▓░░
         ▀▓▄   ▀▓     ▐▓     ▀▀   ▄▓▓░
           ▀▓▓▓▄      ▓▓░      ▄▓▓▀░
               ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▀░▓▓▓▄▓▓▓░
COINECT
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
AI-based decentralized
arbitrage trading system
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ███████▄
█  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▐▓███████▄
█              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █
█                      █
█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █
█                      █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
lucasjkr

Activity: 644

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 01:07:15 PM

I have a friend that was talking all about bitcoin back in 2010 and 2011 (still does). I sat around poking holes in his arguments for why this wouldn't work and implored him that if he was so confident, to put his money where his mouth was and buy into it to show me wrong. In 2012, I came across BFL and offered to ordered something from them, let him go 50/50 on it with me. In the intervening time between order date and delivery date, studied more and more about bitcoin, litecoin, etc, and dabbled some, bought a GPU to mine, etc. I don't know where i'm going with this, but to say, yes, I kick myself a little for not listening to him, but finally came around somewhat. As for him? As big of a cheerleader as he's been for the currency for 3 years now, he never even acquired even a single bitcoin. At least i was disbelieving about it, that's my excuse. He bought into the whole idea, and if he'd just gone ahead and spent any amount of his own money he'd be sitting pretty right now.

As it stands now, I'm still disbelieving on the phenomenon. Just being honest. But I also acknowledge that my crystal ball isn't always correct, so I've acquired a few bit coins over time to hedge against being wrong. Would i be a shit ton richer if i'd bought in when he first went on about it? Or even two years later? Yes. Willl beating myself up for missing out on it accomplish anything? No.

Who i really feel bad for are all the silk road people - buyers especially, but sellers too. Here they've been, acquiring and spending BTC this whole time - i bet a lot of them could tally their total spending and realize that they'ed have millions of dollars if they'ed just held onto their coins instead of spending them!

And then, there's that 10,000 BTC pizza guy. Talk about opportunity cost!
AuroraHF

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 01:18:27 PM

I too feel the same way. I tried to jump into BTC back in 2009 but it was too complicated for my tiny brain back then to understand bitcoins. I remember faucet were giving out 0.1 BTC per hour, but I didn't know how to set up an address and all that mumbo jumbo. So now, I'm in the scene and this time I'm here to stay!

lmao
zeroday
Donator

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 01:36:50 PM

I suppose, even at $10/btc you was also depressed since you missed it at $1 in 2011.

Stop whining!

Anyone who buys bitcoin at less than $10k/btc is early adopter.

I heard similar things from "depressed" people when bitcoin just passed $60. I told them the same as I telling it to you, but most of them just ignored me and kept their fiat.
It looks paradoxical, but now I've found some of them buying at $500 and higher.
Jenger

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 01:36:56 PM

Ive been watching btc rise from $4/btc without making a serious move. A simple $1000 investment could of been life altering for me...

How do you think I feel? Angry

doom309

Activity: 170
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 02:02:47 PM

i downloaded my wallet 24/4/11 but didnt understand btc, or how to get some, so i just forgot about it, wasnt until late 2012 i even bothered to check out a chart and got the surprise of my life, still it didnt get me moving, it wasnt until the cyprus crisis in march that i got scared about the future of fiat, and got off my ass and put a few thou into btc at 57 ...

the right time is not always the right time for you, but thats life

i agree, people who get in now are probably still "early adopters" btc should go a long long way yet unless govt screws it up for us, just think of the worlds populations, especially in developing countries, who are yet to get involved ...

oh yes, and the altcoins, try backing as many as you can at low prices, a few are going to get big, maybe one of them will surpass btc, no one can know, so you have to bet on as many as you can
metaverse22

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 02:11:39 PM

Don't be too depressed being not an early adopter because its not that bad at all compared to what I have heard of a person who was paid around 1000 bit coins for selling his website and then cashed in too early at around 20 dollar per bitcoin. If he just waited, he could have been sitting pretty well now. That's I guess is truly depressing.  Shocked
omega33

Activity: 398

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 03:09:52 PM

It is too late to regret for such things

Rezree

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 04:43:49 PM

I totally get how OP feels and in many ways I feel the same, but as others mention we are still early adopters, and people have been feeling depressed at any time during the rise in BTC value.

I think what helps me the most is to think about the fact that it's still very early days. Just knowing what we know now is more than most people do, and there's still a lot of profit to be made if that's what you want, although in the end I feel that crypto currency is worth more than just making a quick buck.

We can help disseminate information about BTC and crypto coins in general and play an active part in what I believe is a revolutionary (or the more correct term would probably be 'evolutionary' ) change in the world. That's at least something I'm happy about.

Anis

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:17:48 PM

Hey you live and you learn. No need to feel down, that state of mind doesn't lead to anything good. You have to stay fired up and amped so that you can discover the next big thing.
zachcope

Activity: 209

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:50:09 PM

New big thing is every 15-20 years or so. Get ready.

Oh and it's not tool late to get into bitcoin.
I'll sell you a few at $25,000 USD / coin in a few years as I'm a week hand.

Ecurb123

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 05:52:38 PM

you may not become rich from bitcoin at this point, but you're still an early adopter.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 06:01:56 PM

My take on this is that there were other numerous startups back then when Bitcoin was just making its first steps, but the majority of them failed miserably in the end and disappeared without ever leaving a trace. So it had been almost impossible to choose between them at the time and tell decidedly which was destined for success and which was doomed to failure...

And even if there were none actually, it still helps to think there were!

Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 06:06:12 PM

I salute OP for admitting his depression and i hope he will take his chance when pigs are panic selling.

Not like others, they jump on anti-bitcoin wagon because they're not early adopters. They use the same old argument..... "bitcoins are only good for illegal activities", "its a Tuplip-mania bubble".....

Well i see these ppl at $200 and i guess they're still on that wagon missing all the opportunities passing by.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 07:04:29 PM

Me I was visiting bitcoin.org the first days it launched. Didn't realise back then the revolution is near. Entered into it all early 2012. I profited a lot but I can't imagine how much would it be if I realised earlier...

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 07:05:38 PM

New big thing is every 15-20 years or so. Get ready.

I dare to see economic breakthrough like this will not happen that soon...

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 07:26:02 PM

I think almost all of us here wish we could have been sooner.  It is just the fun of Bitcoin! The biggest regrets for most are not buying sooner and not holding them after they bought them!

We did not buy earlier for fear of Bitcoin not really going anywhere and for fear that it was tied to illegal activities that we did not want to be associated with.  Those things cost us some major returns.

But that said, I console myself with the fact that the number of Bitcoin holders in the world is still relatively small.  Just holding even a few Bitcoins could someday put us in an "elite" category.  It is hard to believe now but we really don't know where this is going for sure.

So I am thankful that I have a small amount and I will just hold them for a year or two and see what happens.  I have a feeling in a year from now there will be people wishing they had as many as I have or any of us have that are on the boards now.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 07:46:46 PM

Almost every Bitcoiner has those kind of regrets, including me.

If only I had bought more, if only I had not sold early, if only I had mined more, if, if,...

I paid a vacation to Florida last year with 200 BTC. I could buy a house now with that kind of money.

Just focus on what you have now.

Bitcoin still will become 100x or 1000x more worth than it is today.

You will just have to wait a little longer, that's all.

cjgames.com
Jonton

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:46:23 PM

Maybe you want to hear the opposite. Sorry. I can´t do that. Stay in the present, feel the pain, have dreams. Make mistake´s. Just make them...
Johnny Bitcoinseed

Activity: 154

Johnny Bitcoinseed

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2013, 09:09:44 PM

"Coulda Shoulda Woulda"

The lament of the ages.

Look - early adopters are more often burned than rewarded.  Hindsight is 20/20.  Chances are if you invested when BTC was just pennies, you would have lost it all.  That is why few people did so.

Currently Bitcoin is successful but NOBODY knew it would be back then when it was first starting out.  Which is why few people took it seriously and invested heavily.

Here is what you do now: PROVIDE SOMETHING OF VALUE in exchange for BitCoins.  Yes, its true - you too can do it.  This is just the beginning, the business opportunities are tremendous.  Grab the golden ring while it is put out there for you!

Now if all the ambition you have is to spend a few bucks to get a few bitcoins and then sit back to become a millionaire, forget about it.  That train has left the station and to be honest you don't deserve it.  But if you have a go-getter attitude and provide value to the world, the world can be your oyster.

The choice is yours.  It always has been: cry in your milk or create your own success.  There is nobody to blame or take credit but yourself.

Sincerely I am, Johnny BitcoinSeed .com
jdbtracker

Activity: 727

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:36:33 PM

Considering what Bitcoin does, does what Gold does, Functions as Cash, is insanely programmable... this thing is a game changer... final absolute Valuation.  15 Trillion dollars... it does everything that other systems do, better.

current market valuation 9 Billion dollars... Don't worry you guys are still early adopters.

I just saw the post, thought I'd reply to the OP.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
beetcoin

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:39:04 PM

Considering what Bitcoin does, does what Gold does, Functions as Cash, is insanely programmable... this thing is a game changer... final absolute Valuation.  15 Trillion dollars... it does everything that other systems do, better.

current market valuation 9 Billion dollars... Don't worry you guys are still early adopters.

so it does instant transactions too, but only better?
Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 09:47:23 PM

You are right...hold long term (years) and be happy...
Exdeus

Activity: 120

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 10:02:06 PM

This will make you happy in 2011 i had a few hundred BTC today I have 2.5 (cold) I bought them at $20 i sold them for $30.

I even formatted my pc with 40 BTC on it. 

► FREE Cryptocurrency◄ ♦ FREE Cryptocurrency  ♦ ►  FREE Cryptocurrency◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Click HERE For FREE DOGE   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
coretechs
Donator

Activity: 362

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 10:32:13 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 02:38:55 PM by coretechs

My regret is that I changed jobs.  In 2009 I was in a dead-end IT job with nothing to do, so I spent my time doing folding / seti / etc. distributed computing projects with as much hardware I could utilize.  Then I made the brilliant decision to get all career-focused and change jobs to a fancy big-name consulting company that demanded all my time with on-call rotations and all-weekend data center upgrades and software installations.  If only I stayed at my dead-end job, I would have surely discovered bitcoin earlier and mined the crap out of it, but noooo I had to go an advance my career.  Stupid rational choices.     Tongue

https://bitcoindoc.com - The Rise and Rise of Bitcoin | https://blocktap.io - Lightning powered crypto query engine
jdbtracker

Activity: 727

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:36:12 PM

so it does instant transactions too, but only better?

Yes, instant transfers, when is the last time you waited more than 10 seconds to see a transaction in your wallet? Instant confirmation of security you mean? not alone but it does it... I've only been studying Bitcoin for a year now, but with other systems it will do the impossible I am sure of it.

BitTorrent: Secure downloadable blockchain.
BitMessage: secure anonymous communication with no location data possible.
Alt-coins/Microcoins: Provide different vectors for Cryptocoin adoption, new functionalities and test beds for features.
Hadoop YARN: Secure Distributed blockchain/ Distributed mining for scrypt based POW
Namecoin: Decentralized DNS/ content distribution.
Open Transactions: Instant transactions and pretty much anything else that can be done in finance.
Keccak: Secure Cryptographic function, excellent data compression system, Magnet link hash distribution.
Industrial Internet of Things:  Instantaneously programmable actions across M2M, B2B, Micro Monetary control of assets, autonomous corporations, 100% efficient wealth distribution.
magnet links: Micro distribution of content, even pay per share content.
Monetas: Phone based bank distribution network.
Ripple: Grass roots wealth exchange.

Put these all together and other open source technologies I have not seen yet and the possibilities will be endless.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 12:02:31 AM

My regret is that I changed jobs.  In 2009 I was in a dead-end IT job with nothing to do, so I spent my time doing folding / seti / etc. distributed computing projects with as much hardware I could utilize.  Then I made the brilliant decision to get all career-focused and change jobs to a fancy big-name consulting company that demanded all my time with on-call rotations and all-weekend data center upgrades and software installations.  If only I stayed at my dead-end job, I would have surely discovered bitcoin earlier and mined the crap out of it, but noooo I had to go an advance my career.  Stupid rational choices.     Tongue

If it makes anyone feel better:

I heard about Bitcoin in association with Wikileaks which would have been mid 2010 I believe.  Got interested enough to download the source code, but didn't get around to porting it to my platform (since I always try to compile anything sensitive from source and Bitcoin did not have it together enough to have an auto-configuration system.)  Being desperate to draw down my fiat balance and diversify, I got all tied up in finding and buying some property and mostly put Bitcoin on the back-burner.

Combined with my excess fiat and interest in Bitcoin from a computer/monetary science point of view, the property I ended up buying cost me probably many many millions of USD.  Oh well.  I've done well anyway by taking advantage of the post-mid-2011 second chance.

kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 12:30:15 AM

Don't be, even if you had heard Bitcoin 3 years ago, it's highly probable you would have dismissed it as "pyramid scheme", "ponzi" or "worthless garbage" at the time, same as the 90% other people who have heard about it. You probably would not have invested in it.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 02:19:21 AM

The earlier you are in the game, the more uncertainty you will have, the difficulty of evaluating the risk/reward is almost the same. Bitcoin was cheap back in 2010, but by that time it had almost no public awareness and everyone thought it is just a game

So it does not matter you enter the game at $1 or $1000, you will always face this very difficult decision making process, the market is fair

Even in a fully saturated market, there are 370K new baby born each passing day, means sooner or later they will be competing for 5000 coins daily supply of bitcoin on the market, so they averagely will get 0.0135 coin per person for their whole life, and that amount of coin is going to hold their life savings, for example 1 million dollar at today's price

Once bitcoin is accepted at official exchanges around the world, hedge fond and pension fond will start to invest in bitcoin, the race to this 1-100 million dollar per coin will begin

BitThink
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 02:45:21 AM

The earlier you are in the game, the more uncertainty you will have, the difficulty of evaluating the risk/reward is almost the same. Bitcoin was cheap back in 2010, but by that time it had almost no public awareness and everyone thought it is just a game

So it does not matter you enter the game at $1 or $1000, you will always face this very difficult decision making process, the market is fair

Even in a fully saturated market, there are 370K new baby born each passing day, means sooner or later they will be competing for 5000 coins daily supply of bitcoin on the market, so they averagely will get 0.0135 coin per person for their whole life, and that amount of coin is going to hold their life savings, for example 1 million dollar at today's price

Once bitcoin is accepted at official exchanges around the world, hedge fond and pension fond will start to invest in bitcoin, the race to this 1-100 million dollar per coin will begin

For the new babies, the daily coin supply will be 1800, 900, 450, or less.
malumeze86

Activity: 88

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 03:50:05 AM

You can't get bummed out because you missed some perceived "cutoff" for making money with alt coins.  BTC will be around for a long time and will see some hefty gains in the future.  *I hope*

There are other alt coins that are gaining ground too!  Will you bet on these?  Or will you simply wait and feel depressed again?  You have to take a chance, gamble a bit, then wait and see!  Just don't give up if/when you lose a bit of money. 

I'm late (or early, depending on who you ask) to BTC, and I could spend my time wishing I was one of the first.  But that doesn't matter to me.  I am willing to bet on BTC today!

1EaEzvenWz2nXNQxEyQmkHhfSKxpXeRsyD
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 04:28:50 AM
Last edit: November 26, 2013, 05:14:08 AM by johnyj

For the new babies, the daily coin supply will be 1800, 900, 450, or less.

The 5000 figure is not only the daily coin generation, it also includes coins that were cashed out at 10% rate per year from existing coin holders. Further down the road, there will be more and more people cashing out coins, but they will cash out less and less, eventually the number of daily cashed out coins will stabilize around 5000 coins. See my signature

phillipcooper

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 02:39:33 PM

I'm not depressed that I didn't find it sooner. Bitcoin is fun. I've had fun mining it for a couple of months. Yeah, I would have loved to CPU mine and have a million coins. Face it, I would have spent them on pizza. Let me go back to why I'm here. Bitcoin is fun. Do I want to make money? Yes of course. Big exchanges set up. Dice games are made. Check. Early miners game is long gone. Asic makers are the only ones making money. Now what can I bring to the table? Can I do any of the previously mentioned things better? Maybe. Can I come up with something to make Bitcoin better that everyone needs? I hope so. I won't be rich because I got here first. It's my turn to make something big based on what I know and what I learn. If you have no skills and want to make it big just go buy a $2 powerball ticket and stay in mom's basement. You'll never get there. But watch. I will.
lateblooming

Activity: 295

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:43:03 PM

You are not alone SeanArce. I think almost everyday of it how lifechanging it would be to look in my Client and see some 3to4figures of BTC.

These words of cheer in that Thread really helped me a lot and hopefully you too.

Thanks Guys!
davida

Activity: 585

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:19:40 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2013, 02:39:48 AM by davida

I can tell you now, it's harder to have had them and lost them than never to have had them at all.... Less than 6 months ago I had over 500btc (today valued at $500,000).

Now THAT is depressing...
Sam-Os

Merit: 11

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:37:47 PM

Maybe it will crash and you'll be able to buy low again.
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 03:42:13 PM

Another sob thread? This must be first world problems.

C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:51:25 PM

lol - correct.   Grin

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
niothor

Activity: 826

in defi we trust

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:56:00 PM

Maybe it will crash and you'll be able to buy low again.

Or maybe not , if he is depressed right now , imagine how he will be at 10k/btc.
With only 10 mils addresses with even a few satoshi in them we can easily call everybody on board early adopter.
Early adopter doesn't imply shitloads of money.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
beetcoin

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:57:39 PM

i am depressed that i did not get rich for doing nothing. if only i had the foresight to see something big, i would have the foresight to see something big.
niothor

Activity: 826

in defi we trust

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 05:00:57 PM

i am depressed that i did not get rich for doing nothing. if only i had the foresight to see something big, i would have the foresight to see something big.

If i could only travel back in time....and when you do you mess up the future so bad it ends even worse for you. Smiley

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:15:12 PM

Seriously, anyone believes this? I have read in forums some guys mined bitcoin just for fun back in the day, and they are NEETs without any education, but they happened to mine a shit load and maybe buy some weed on Silk Road or what not. So you are saying that some high school dropouts that mined bitcoins for weed when you could get a ton per day, will be richer than Bill Gates in the future? Let's get some perspective on there. Im tempted to buy one at current price because im scared that supossed "correction" these crystal ball armchair economists are predicting never happens and it goes straight up to 2, 3.. 4K.. but saying this will be worth 1+ million dollar in the future puts a lot of random clueless people into the 1% powerful elite right there with the Bielderberg Grup. Think about it, will the powers that be allow for this to happen? Sure, you can say no one believed this would be 1000 back in the day, but to achieve 1MM, means no other software comes and surpases Bitcoin, nothing against it happens, no crashes (if it crashes, the credibility will be 0 because it isn't backed by the entire US economy and US military, as opposed to the dollar) and so on and so on.
I hope im wrong and people that manage to buy now 1 BTC will be very wealthy in the future, but im afraid we missed this boat a year ago. Oh, and what decides what purchasing power 1BTC has? If it needs other FIATs like USD and EUR as reference, then what would happen in an scenareo were other FIATs collapse? what stablished the purchasing power of 1BTC? I still need a reply on that one.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 08:21:10 PM

Can't help but feel this way Can help it
Why did humans create alcohol and cigars?  Cheesy

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Stevenrm87

Activity: 403

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:22:34 PM

Seriously, anyone believes this? I have read in forums some guys mined bitcoin just for fun back in the day, and they are NEETs without any education, but they happened to mine a shit load and maybe buy some weed on Silk Road or what not. So you are saying that some high school dropouts that mined bitcoins for weed when you could get a ton per day, will be richer than Bill Gates in the future? Let's get some perspective on there. Im tempted to buy one at current price because im scared that supossed "correction" these crystal ball armchair economists are predicting never happens and it goes straight up to 2, 3.. 4K.. but saying this will be worth 1+ million dollar in the future puts a lot of random clueless people into the 1% powerful elite right there with the Bielderberg Grup. Think about it, will the powers that be allow for this to happen? Sure, you can say no one believed this would be 1000 back in the day, but to achieve 1MM, means no other software comes and surpases Bitcoin, nothing against it happens, no crashes (if it crashes, the credibility will be 0 because it isn't backed by the entire US economy and US military, as opposed to the dollar) and so on and so on.
I hope im wrong and people that manage to buy now 1 BTC will be very wealthy in the future, but im afraid we missed this boat a year ago. Oh, and what decides what purchasing power 1BTC has? If it needs other FIATs like USD and EUR as reference, then what would happen in an scenareo were other FIATs collapse? what stablished the purchasing power of 1BTC? I still need a reply on that one.

Pair it against silver, gold etc?

Selling fully funded Titan BTC Physical Bitcoins, Gold and SIlver - BTC Physical Bitcoins BTC PM if interested.
beetcoin

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:45:09 PM

well before you say "it won't be worth $1 million," you have to factor what the future value of $1 million is. if many people on this forum are right, we are set to see hyperinflation very soon, as in the next 5-10 years. a big mac might cost you $100, and an ounce of gold might run you $100k due to all this money printing we see.

if by $1 million in the present value of the dollar.. yeah, that's way too far from where we are to predict.

BTC -> dollar in the next 5-10 years will probably not be as good an indicator as BTC -> gold
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:31:03 PM

But if such thing happen, how is people going to even survive? I dont think salaries are going up anytime soon, so how can a BigMac cost 100$  in the next 5 years without society collapsing?

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 11:37:44 PM

But if such thing happen, how is people going to even survive? I dont think salaries are going up anytime soon, so how can a BigMac cost 100$  in the next 5 years without society collapsing?
Well we don't know. That is an issue. If society collapses in 5-10 years.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
revilo

Activity: 543

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:58:56 PM

There will only be 21 Million bitcoins.... rememeber that!
zc456

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:05:47 AM

Why? Early adopters had to do with the pain of dealing of buying cheap things at a higher prices: $25 pizza use to cost 10k BTC, now you can get a $25 pizza for 25 mBTC (if I get the conversions right). Now they're keeping the currency afloat so we can benefit at exchanging items at a lower cost. Bitcoin was never about being the richest.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 12:11:35 AM

Most people now would be late adopters in terms of the amount of money you can make.

You can no longer turn $27 into $800,000. That would require the price of bitcoin to rise to $29,629,629.63. $29 million dollars per bitcoin.

So, yes it's pretty late to come into the speculative game. You can make larger volatile returns with a lowered chance of pullbacks in other instruments or angel investing in other businesses or financial instruments that will appear in the near future. There is always going to be something new. Either way, it looks like it's "Who you know, rather than what you know", when it came to picking up bitcoin.
There is still time for altcoins. You can turn 100$ into 10 000$ which is more than enough.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
irpirate

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:19:20 AM

Maybe BTC will worth far more in a few years than it does now so you could still profit from it which would mean it's still not too late to invest.
At this moment investing in altcoins doesn't seem like a bad idea either Wink
laowai80

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:06:06 PM

Hope you can become an early adopter of litecoin, this opportunity has presented itself recently.
More coins are waiting on the sidelines to present more opportunities.
techstorm2

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Hope you can become an early adopter of litecoin, this opportunity has presented itself recently.
More coins are waiting on the sidelines to present more opportunities.

exactly, but youd need to act soon, litecoins have gone from $3 to $45 in the last few weeks, thats before it even gets supported by a major exchange, imagine where it will go when btcchina and mtgox add it.

Im not pumping litecoin, i own both BTC and LTC and want both to succeed.

Good luck  Wink

Dime 7Q3cZtyJemmE8pJsrYgX24mHnkqZX6M6hP
BTC 18vbvovBeM5ZTZqR5ZWAy75EXE7qTNipuo
Mooncoin 2QgyivUMa7Zun6oPdxeE1yry1aNp5hqrDb
LTC Lg3UYGCAe3Tb146PiMqeGNLR7bnjdM447d
Doge DPd1XejW8TabJu5gfjyKnuQYQ9Vzw1anXN
rocketron

Activity: 616
Merit: 300

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:18:33 PM

i sold my btc stash at 125$, something i regret doing so very much, I also had a large wallet of ltc which i sold.

I bought back into btc at 600euros, I purchased 1.5, not to be greedy like I was before when I sold all i had, I have decided its better to be back on the train with a little of btc than nothing, with this I now have 1.5btc that could be very valuable in the future if bitcoin continues to take off,

my advice is now, if you have some money to spare, get back on the train and be happy you are back on the train, how would you feel if btc did really reach 100k or even more in the future, that I would find that very hard to deal with knowing I should have at least got back on the train  with a little when its was sub 1000.

I did feel sick with depression watching btc go back up, but trust me when you get back on the train with even 1 btc, that feeling goes away and you can be more at ease knowing you still got a chance.
Swapster

Activity: 131

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:59:02 PM

My advice - get into Litecoin trading if you want a lot of upside. Personally, I don't think LTC offers anything significant over BTC, but there is a perception that LTC is to BTC what silver is to gold. With that, one can easily say that LTC has not moved up nearly enough to keep up with the BTC rise. And you can buy a lot of LTC right now.

My play…. move BTC from CampBX to BTC-e, trade the BTC for LTC and send it to my cold LTC wallet and let it sit. I don't trust BTC-e site enough to leave anything funds there. Just my opinion. CampBX seems to be the safest bet since it is in the US (and only 2 hours from where I live).
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 07:05:35 PM

My advice - get into Litecoin trading if you want a lot of upside. Personally, I don't think LTC offers anything significant over BTC, but there is a perception that LTC is to BTC what silver is to gold. With that, one can easily say that LTC has not moved up nearly enough to keep up with the BTC rise. And you can buy a lot of LTC right now.

Current gold to silver ratio is around 63, so LTC might actually look a bit overvalued at its price of 0.04 BTC right now (mildly speaking)...

Swapster

Activity: 131

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:15:33 PM

Current gold to silver ratio is around 63, so LTC might actually look a bit overvalued at its price of 0.04 BTC right now (mildly speaking)...

That may be true, but the ratio between LTC and BTC has increased greatly - and the perception I speak has been true even when BTC was trading near the $100 price and LTC at $3. It's all speculation…. but I think LTC will ride on the coattails of BTC.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 07:35:15 PM

That may be true, but the ratio between LTC and BTC has increased greatly - and the perception I speak has been true even when BTC was trading near the $100 price and LTC at $3. It's all speculation…. but I think LTC will ride on the coattails of BTC.

If BTC continues rising then the ratio should increase too, thereby making investment in LTC less profitable versus BTC investment. There is a higher speculative element to the BTC price which renders it more volatile than LTC...

beetcoin

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:46:46 PM

If BTC continues rising then the ratio should increase too, thereby making investment in LTC less profitable versus BTC investment. There is a higher speculative element to the BTC price which renders it more volatile than LTC...

huh, don't you mean the inverse? LTC is more speculative. i am now confused.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 07:57:59 PM

It is pretty easy to find out. These coins have positive correlation as far as I know, meaning their prices change in unison, i.e. in one direction at the same time. So if the prices grow (for both BTC and LTC) and the ratio increases, that means the numerator (BTC) is more speculative (its price grows faster even in relative terms) than the denominator (LTC) and vice versa...

beetcoin

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:17:15 PM

It is pretty easy to find out. These coins have positive correlation as far as I know, meaning their prices change in unison, i.e. in one direction at the same time. So if the prices grow (for both BTC and LTC) and the ratio increases, that means the numerator (BTC) is more speculative (its price grows faster even in relative terms) than the denominator (LTC) and vice versa...

that makes no sense to me.. you are assuming that BTC and LTC have the same level of infrastructure/support, which is not true at all. if the two had the same level of upside/downside and infrastructure, then you could chalk it to speculation.. but that's just not the case.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 08:30:48 PM

that makes no sense to me.. you are assuming that BTC and LTC have the same level of infrastructure/support, which is not true at all. if the two had the same level of upside/downside and infrastructure, then you could chalk it to speculation.. but that's just not the case.

You may think as you please really. I'm not assuming anything, everything I do boils down to comparing relative dynamics of two prices. You just have to agree that the price of Bitcoin is more volatile...

beetcoin

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 08:37:57 PM

You may think as you please really. I'm not assuming anything, everything I do boils down to comparing relative dynamics of two prices. You just have to agree that the price of Bitcoin is more volatile...

is it more volatile? i know last saturday LTC was trading at $9 and now it's $38.. and there is less reason to believe in LTC than there is in BTC.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 08:42:34 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2013, 09:34:41 PM by deisik

is it more volatile? i know last saturday LTC was trading at $9 and now it's $38.. and there is less reason to believe in LTC than there is in BTC.

I'm not tracing LTC, it may actually turn out that LTC is more volatile, but the logic of what I said still holds true.  Though it was you who said that the ratio between LTC and BTC has increased greatly, I was talking about BTC to LTC ratio (which is logical) and assumed this ratio had grown...

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 10:07:09 PM

I'll wait for LTC to hit 0.1, if it ever does. Then I'd be satisfied.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
laowai80

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 06:46:30 AM

I'll wait for LTC to hit 0.1, if it ever does. Then I'd be satisfied.

You can stay satisfied all the way up while it climbs to 0.1, and then some, why wait for some round number Smiley
thejaxx

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:10:41 AM

I'm in the process of using some money to play around and build up assets. I keep the original amount and buy into LTC, FTC, and PPC so far.

I'm still kicking myself in the ass though for selling the 12BTC at $200 just a few weeks ago. /sigh
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:20:48 AM

I always wish I had bought a lot more rather than dipping my toes, and I certainly had the means to considering that it was pretty cheap when I joined (I'm probably significantly older than most of the Bitcoin community as I came around late '10). Trust me, the best thing to do now is see what you can do now rather than mourning the past, gotta move on and live life.
El Dude

Activity: 770

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:51:06 AM

Don't miss the Litecoin boat , buy and hold for years .

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
MrCrabs

Activity: 121

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 10:16:46 AM

Buy a bitcoin today and you will be an early adopter. Smiley
madmadmax

Activity: 740

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:38:22 PM

I am depressed that I was actually an early adopter but wasn't strong willed enough to NOT be persuaded by skeptics to ditch BTC at the time, skeptics always had existed and at the time watching a video about an (educated) Yale/Harvard economics dumbass could easily convince me (a bit of little me - big me dilemma there) to ditch the whole Bitcoin thing.

I guess other early adopters that gave Bitcoin support deserve every penny they made, if they don't then who does deserves the payment for their contribution to humanity? Politicians? Police? Startup SEOs? All their roles are far more minor than those of early adopters.

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
f

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 01:41:04 PM

Buy a bitcoin today and you will be an early adopter. Smiley
Maybe if you plan on holding onto them for long.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
omega33

Activity: 398

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:46:18 PM

Maybe you can create an alternative coin and make lots of money when they appreciated

genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:58:33 PM

Ah man I was an early adopter but I spent now millions worth of BTC already. Was having trouble even affording socks this summer. But had lots of fun along the way and there's more cool stuff to do. Bitcoin is not even 1% yet of its potential.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 02:04:15 PM

Ah man I was an early adopter but I spent now millions worth of BTC already. Was having trouble even affording socks this summer. But had lots of fun along the way and there's more cool stuff to do. Bitcoin is not even 1% yet of its potential.
So you're saying that the potential is over $100 000?

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
laowai80

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 05:00:16 PM

Now, that's what I call an optimistic attitude Smiley Spent millions and no socks, haha, and you seem to still love life. OP, take a look at this dude, that's who you should learn from.
Relian

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 05:33:22 PM

LTC is dropping last couple days. Correction?
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 05:42:42 PM

-26% in the last 24hours and going down.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
rmines

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 05:46:55 PM

In hindsight, you can always blame yourself for not having made a decision or done something.
Just try to make a well thought trough decision. Do not blame yourself for it afterwards.

♔ PrimeDice : The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
Spare some change? 1LkqfvQTLAEiiCwTqkPRcvUdEmkCR11QDE
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 07:20:08 PM

-26% in the last 24hours and going down.

Some people are obviously changing horses while it is not too late...

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 08:30:29 PM

There goes my money, damn you LTC.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 08:43:32 PM

Like a popular song from Justin Bieber sings: never say never brother  Cheesy
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 08:50:13 PM

Like a popular song from Justin Bieber sings: never say never brother  Cheesy
Kill it, kill it with fire.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 09:33:20 PM

There goes my money, damn you LTC.

There can be only one. And it appears that LTC is not that one...

laowai80

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:39:19 PM

Wow, you guys are so fast to jump to conclusions, just wait it out till Monday, LTC was 2x cheaper than now only a week ago. It'll be back up before you can blink.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2013, 10:01:25 PM

Wow, you guys are so fast to jump to conclusions, just wait it out till Monday, LTC was 2x cheaper than now only a week ago. It'll be back up before you can blink.
Then again it might go back to that price. Went to 0.028 today hmm.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Mondy

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 11:46:54 PM

Many people were not early adopters Tongue

comet1440

Activity: 23

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:56:41 AM

I had 2 btc I bought for $12 but sold them for $20.  Embarrassed
joshv06

Activity: 991

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 01:32:45 AM

I've been here since early 2011. Started from the bottom now I'm here. I loved the GPU mining days.

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 01:53:52 AM

as crazy as it sounds. you might be an early adopter.

"If you moved just 1% of the cash balances from off shore tax haven bank accounts, which currently hold estimated 30 trillion dollars of value, if you move just 1% of that into bitcoin you are looking at 2.8 million dollars per bitcoin" -trace mayer

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:11:35 AM

If it ever started to get to those levels, then governments would be too scared and seek to control or shut it down.

I don't know if this is a real problem, but it seems to me that the ever increasing difficulty with mining is pushing BTC through a smaller number of organized players, pro miners. This makes it easier to shut down the network. If that is the case, a coin that is based on GPU mining is harder to shut down.
Georgio

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:51:08 AM

"If you moved just 1% of the cash balances from off shore tax haven bank accounts, which currently hold estimated 30 trillion dollars of value, if you move just 1% of that into bitcoin you are looking at 2.8 million dollars per bitcoin" -trace mayer

Hmm not true. If at this present moment we have market capitalization $12 Trillion, Then one Bitcoin is going to worth $1 Mil.

1% of $30 Trillion is $300 Billion. If the market capitalization is $300 Billion then one Bitcoin's worth now will be  $25000 not $2.8 milion like you said.

So we need $12 Trillion fresh money flow into Bitcoin. Certainly possible! Within 4-5 years from now. Who knows maybe even 3-4 years.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 07:07:20 AM

I've been here since early 2011. Started from the bottom now I'm here. I loved the GPU mining days.
Those days are right now, just not for bitcoin.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 12:28:50 PM

Those days are right now, just not for bitcoin.

I agree somewhat for new mining starters, like me, that's why i just got a new powercolor GPU.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 12:33:20 PM

I mined 50/day using cpu in like 2011 and i was like ehh and quit. came back crying with gpus in 2012.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 12:34:58 PM

I agree somewhat for new mining starters, like me, that's why i just got a new powercolor GPU.
You chose a poor brand.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 01:13:52 PM

I think that it's exactly this depression that pushes people towards the altcoins. They just want to feel super early adopters  Embarrassed
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 01:51:21 PM

Where is suicide cOin

jzcjca00

Activity: 263

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 01:55:41 PM

I think that it's exactly this depression that pushes people towards the altcoins. They just want to feel super early adopters  Embarrassed

I've never really understood the popularity of altcoins.  You're suggesting that some people would rather be very early adopters of a silly idea than somewhat later early adopters of a good idea?

I guess that makes some sense.  I've noticed that news organizations are usually more concerned with reporting the news fast than accurately.  Is this another manifestation of that same tendency to value speed over quality?

But what happens when they eventually realize that they got it wrong?  Don't they wind up even more depressed?  Journalists don't even seem to notice their own track record of bad reporting.  Are their memories really that bad?

Most people in the world primarily use one currency, whichever one is in most widespread use where they live.  Our challenge is to switch everyone over to using a new currency, a job that is made harder by the fact that banks and the socialists running our governments oppose us.  Altcoins are nothing more than an annoying distraction from our job.  We're not going to convince people to use dozens of different currencies.  That's just silly.

Why don't people think this through?  

Tips much appreciated! 1PPJHDawPvjh6MEzsvXrMYLgpLmyAaNXUc
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:05:38 PM

LOL at this thread... if you bought bitcoins on the day you posted this you could have seen a lot of gains by now. Stop crying cuz you don't have a time machine and buy as much as you can now.

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 02:06:05 PM

I've never really understood the popularity of altcoins.  You're suggesting that some people would rather be very early adopters of a silly idea than somewhat later early adopters of a good idea?

I guess that makes some sense.  I've noticed that news organizations are usually more concerned with reporting the news fast than accurately.  Is this another manifestation of that same tendency to value speed over quality?

But what happens when they eventually realize that they got it wrong?  Don't they wind up even more depressed?  Journalists don't even seem to notice their own track record of bad reporting.  Are their memories really that bad?

Most people in the world primarily use one currency, whichever one is in most widespread use where they live.  Our challenge is to switch everyone over to using a new currency, a job that is made harder by the fact that banks and the socialists running our governments oppose us.  Altcoins are nothing more than an annoying distraction from our job.  We're not going to convince people to use dozens of different currencies.  That's just silly.

Why don't people think this through?  
You do realize that there are altcoin that provide quite better features than bitcoin, right?
Silly ideas, pf.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 02:14:40 PM

LOL at this thread... if you bought bitcoins on the day you posted this you could have seen a lot of gains by now. Stop crying cuz you don't have a time machine and buy as much as you can now.

Do you actually think the OP is still crying over spilt milk the chances lost then? I haven't seen him here for a while...
Maybe, he is rolling with laughter reading our lachrymose confessions here, who knows?

PenAndPaper

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:25:50 PM

Isn't that what people against bitcoin were saying for bitcoins during the early days?
PGPpfKkx

Activity: 586

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:51:23 PM

i got into this btc thingy

i was mining with a ring of 4 cards for a while, then md burned then 2 cards burned then i got to service stores etc and eventually sold them.

i had 200 btc then. i found a job in another country and before moving i sold them all for $11 each making me almost break even.

how do u think i feel now?  Roll Eyes
Luckybit

Merit: 510

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:27:46 PM

You are an early adopter. How many people do you know who have Bitcoins? When everyone has it like with Facebook that is when you should be depressed.
Luckybit

Merit: 510

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 06:31:44 PM

You'll feel a lot worse in 5 years when they're 40k a coin.... why didn't you buy when they were only 800 Tongue

Seriously, nobody on the street knows what a bitcoin is.  It's still SUPER EARLY.

That will probably be next year.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 06:36:46 PM

That will probably be next year.

But the question is whether they will be interested in Bitcoin at all when they finally happen to find out about it...

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 07:00:57 PM

But the question is whether they will be interested in Bitcoin at all when they finally happen to find out about it...
If they are any smart, yet. If they are the average ignorant Joe, maybe not, then again some of us have to be zombies.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:05:47 PM

Even now you are still an early adopter. You just have to wait a few years like most of us to see the ROI.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 07:05:59 PM

If they are any smart, yet. If they are the average ignorant Joe, maybe not, then again some of us have to be zombies.

If they are smart (and have spare money in their budget at that) then they have probably already found out, so I wouldn't say it is super early...

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:23:10 PM

You chose a poor brand.

For LTC mining?

Any suggestions? Its still in the box
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 01:27:19 AM

i got into this btc thingy

i was mining with a ring of 4 cards for a while, then md burned then 2 cards burned then i got to service stores etc and eventually sold them.

i had 200 btc then. i found a job in another country and before moving i sold them all for $11 each making me almost break even.

how do u think i feel now?  Roll Eyes

poor.  Sad
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134

You cannot kill love

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 01:44:27 AM

Bro, I was around when they were $3 a coin.  I knew damn well bitcoins would top $100,000.  I could have $100,000, $200,000, maybe $500,000 dollars right now.  I could have been getting a nice house in California, a new r6, m3, guitars.  I would probably have enough coin to single handedly fund the million person concert I wish to organize.

But I don't, because I was too busy buying drugs off the road and enjoying life.  Too busy growing as a soul and learning money doesn't make people happy, people make people happy.

Part of me has felt bad upon the realization of my financial irresponsibility, and then part of me is quite satisfied with how I spent my time with my friends.

It does not matter.  It was not my purpose to be loaded throughout life, I believe my purpose is to unite humanity and money is a big obstacle hindering that.

Money complicates life.  The happiest times of my life were when I did not give a damn about money and focused completely on enjoying the moment.

One of these days, people will learn that money doesn't make the world go round, money doesn't bring happiness or world peace, but we do.

One of these days every last coin will lose all value after people decide to evolve and do things for themselves and for each other.

You're on the right path to life if you don't have any money, you'll be well prepared for what's to come.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Arksun

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 02:54:16 AM

You are an early adopter. How many people do you know who have Bitcoins? When everyone has it like with Facebook that is when you should be depressed.

Well that's the question isn't it, will Bitcoin turn out to be the Facebook, or the MySpace?. Time will tell...

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
Skybuck

Activity: 384
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 05:16:49 AM

No need to feel depressed.

When it was announced on slashdot for example the difficulty started to go up.

One had a few days to mine some coins is my guess.

After that the gpus took over.

You escaped from overheat/pc death, that's worth something too ! Wink
PenAndPaper

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 09:24:06 PM

You escaped from overheat/pc death, that's worth something too ! Wink

I whould have killed my pc every time for a chance to mine before the asic shitstorm
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 09:36:35 PM

The new opportunity is in businesses that deal with bitcoins. The right ones will see just as much appreciation as bitcoin did. Bitcoin will enable a new economy and you're in at a very early stage.

and how would one invest in bitcoin based ventures and businesses ? especially for the little guy without a million plus. that is the question

nanobit

Activity: 77

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 10:08:00 PM

and how would one invest in bitcoin based ventures and businesses ? especially for the little guy without a million plus. that is the question

Through crowdfunding?
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 10:16:34 PM

If bitcoin reaches 10 000$, we're early adopters.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Georgio

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 10:19:08 PM

If bitcoin reaches 10 000$, we're early adopters.

I think it will Smiley And I feel myself early adopted buying at $100
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: