Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:50:51 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Depressed that I was not an early adopter  (Read 13251 times)
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:57:39 PM

Another sob thread? This must be first world problems.

i am depressed that i did not get rich for doing nothing. if only i had the foresight to see something big, i would have the foresight to see something big.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 05:00:57 PM

Another sob thread? This must be first world problems.

i am depressed that i did not get rich for doing nothing. if only i had the foresight to see something big, i would have the foresight to see something big.

If i could only travel back in time....and when you do you mess up the future so bad it ends even worse for you. Smiley

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:15:12 PM

The earlier you are in the game, the more uncertainty you will have, the difficulty of evaluating the risk/reward is almost the same. Bitcoin was cheap back in 2010, but by that time it had almost no public awareness and everyone thought it is just a game

So it does not matter you enter the game at $1 or $1000, you will always face this very difficult decision making process, the market is fair

Even in a fully saturated market, there are 370K new baby born each passing day, means sooner or later they will be competing for 5000 coins daily supply of bitcoin on the market, so they averagely will get 0.0135 coin per person for their whole life, and that amount of coin is going to hold their life savings, for example 1 million dollar at today's price

Once bitcoin is accepted at official exchanges around the world, hedge fond and pension fond will start to invest in bitcoin, the race to this 1-100 million dollar per coin will begin

Seriously, anyone believes this? I have read in forums some guys mined bitcoin just for fun back in the day, and they are NEETs without any education, but they happened to mine a shit load and maybe buy some weed on Silk Road or what not. So you are saying that some high school dropouts that mined bitcoins for weed when you could get a ton per day, will be richer than Bill Gates in the future? Let's get some perspective on there. Im tempted to buy one at current price because im scared that supossed "correction" these crystal ball armchair economists are predicting never happens and it goes straight up to 2, 3.. 4K.. but saying this will be worth 1+ million dollar in the future puts a lot of random clueless people into the 1% powerful elite right there with the Bielderberg Grup. Think about it, will the powers that be allow for this to happen? Sure, you can say no one believed this would be 1000 back in the day, but to achieve 1MM, means no other software comes and surpases Bitcoin, nothing against it happens, no crashes (if it crashes, the credibility will be 0 because it isn't backed by the entire US economy and US military, as opposed to the dollar) and so on and so on.
I hope im wrong and people that manage to buy now 1 BTC will be very wealthy in the future, but im afraid we missed this boat a year ago. Oh, and what decides what purchasing power 1BTC has? If it needs other FIATs like USD and EUR as reference, then what would happen in an scenareo were other FIATs collapse? what stablished the purchasing power of 1BTC? I still need a reply on that one.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 08:21:10 PM

Can't help but feel this way Can help it
Why did humans create alcohol and cigars?  Cheesy

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Stevenrm87

Activity: 403

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:22:34 PM

The earlier you are in the game, the more uncertainty you will have, the difficulty of evaluating the risk/reward is almost the same. Bitcoin was cheap back in 2010, but by that time it had almost no public awareness and everyone thought it is just a game

So it does not matter you enter the game at $1 or $1000, you will always face this very difficult decision making process, the market is fair

Even in a fully saturated market, there are 370K new baby born each passing day, means sooner or later they will be competing for 5000 coins daily supply of bitcoin on the market, so they averagely will get 0.0135 coin per person for their whole life, and that amount of coin is going to hold their life savings, for example 1 million dollar at today's price

Once bitcoin is accepted at official exchanges around the world, hedge fond and pension fond will start to invest in bitcoin, the race to this 1-100 million dollar per coin will begin

Seriously, anyone believes this? I have read in forums some guys mined bitcoin just for fun back in the day, and they are NEETs without any education, but they happened to mine a shit load and maybe buy some weed on Silk Road or what not. So you are saying that some high school dropouts that mined bitcoins for weed when you could get a ton per day, will be richer than Bill Gates in the future? Let's get some perspective on there. Im tempted to buy one at current price because im scared that supossed "correction" these crystal ball armchair economists are predicting never happens and it goes straight up to 2, 3.. 4K.. but saying this will be worth 1+ million dollar in the future puts a lot of random clueless people into the 1% powerful elite right there with the Bielderberg Grup. Think about it, will the powers that be allow for this to happen? Sure, you can say no one believed this would be 1000 back in the day, but to achieve 1MM, means no other software comes and surpases Bitcoin, nothing against it happens, no crashes (if it crashes, the credibility will be 0 because it isn't backed by the entire US economy and US military, as opposed to the dollar) and so on and so on.
I hope im wrong and people that manage to buy now 1 BTC will be very wealthy in the future, but im afraid we missed this boat a year ago. Oh, and what decides what purchasing power 1BTC has? If it needs other FIATs like USD and EUR as reference, then what would happen in an scenareo were other FIATs collapse? what stablished the purchasing power of 1BTC? I still need a reply on that one.

Pair it against silver, gold etc?

Selling fully funded Titan BTC Physical Bitcoins, Gold and SIlver - BTC Physical Bitcoins BTC PM if interested.
beetcoin

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 08:45:09 PM

well before you say "it won't be worth $1 million," you have to factor what the future value of $1 million is. if many people on this forum are right, we are set to see hyperinflation very soon, as in the next 5-10 years. a big mac might cost you $100, and an ounce of gold might run you $100k due to all this money printing we see.

if by $1 million in the present value of the dollar.. yeah, that's way too far from where we are to predict.

BTC -> dollar in the next 5-10 years will probably not be as good an indicator as BTC -> gold
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:31:03 PM

But if such thing happen, how is people going to even survive? I dont think salaries are going up anytime soon, so how can a BigMac cost 100$  in the next 5 years without society collapsing?

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 11:37:44 PM

But if such thing happen, how is people going to even survive? I dont think salaries are going up anytime soon, so how can a BigMac cost 100$  in the next 5 years without society collapsing?
Well we don't know. That is an issue. If society collapses in 5-10 years.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
revilo

Activity: 543

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 11:58:56 PM

There will only be 21 Million bitcoins.... rememeber that!
zc456

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:05:47 AM

Why? Early adopters had to do with the pain of dealing of buying cheap things at a higher prices: $25 pizza use to cost 10k BTC, now you can get a $25 pizza for 25 mBTC (if I get the conversions right). Now they're keeping the currency afloat so we can benefit at exchanging items at a lower cost. Bitcoin was never about being the richest.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 12:11:35 AM

Most people now would be late adopters in terms of the amount of money you can make.

You can no longer turn $27 into $800,000. That would require the price of bitcoin to rise to $29,629,629.63. $29 million dollars per bitcoin.

So, yes it's pretty late to come into the speculative game. You can make larger volatile returns with a lowered chance of pullbacks in other instruments or angel investing in other businesses or financial instruments that will appear in the near future. There is always going to be something new. Either way, it looks like it's "Who you know, rather than what you know", when it came to picking up bitcoin.
There is still time for altcoins. You can turn 100$ into 10 000$ which is more than enough.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
irpirate

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 12:19:20 AM

Maybe BTC will worth far more in a few years than it does now so you could still profit from it which would mean it's still not too late to invest.
At this moment investing in altcoins doesn't seem like a bad idea either Wink
laowai80

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:06:06 PM

Hope you can become an early adopter of litecoin, this opportunity has presented itself recently.
More coins are waiting on the sidelines to present more opportunities.
techstorm2

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Hope you can become an early adopter of litecoin, this opportunity has presented itself recently.
More coins are waiting on the sidelines to present more opportunities.

exactly, but youd need to act soon, litecoins have gone from $3 to $45 in the last few weeks, thats before it even gets supported by a major exchange, imagine where it will go when btcchina and mtgox add it.

Im not pumping litecoin, i own both BTC and LTC and want both to succeed.

Good luck  Wink

Dime 7Q3cZtyJemmE8pJsrYgX24mHnkqZX6M6hP
BTC 18vbvovBeM5ZTZqR5ZWAy75EXE7qTNipuo
Mooncoin 2QgyivUMa7Zun6oPdxeE1yry1aNp5hqrDb
LTC Lg3UYGCAe3Tb146PiMqeGNLR7bnjdM447d
Doge DPd1XejW8TabJu5gfjyKnuQYQ9Vzw1anXN
rocketron

Activity: 616
Merit: 300

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:18:33 PM

i sold my btc stash at 125$, something i regret doing so very much, I also had a large wallet of ltc which i sold.

I bought back into btc at 600euros, I purchased 1.5, not to be greedy like I was before when I sold all i had, I have decided its better to be back on the train with a little of btc than nothing, with this I now have 1.5btc that could be very valuable in the future if bitcoin continues to take off,

my advice is now, if you have some money to spare, get back on the train and be happy you are back on the train, how would you feel if btc did really reach 100k or even more in the future, that I would find that very hard to deal with knowing I should have at least got back on the train  with a little when its was sub 1000.

I did feel sick with depression watching btc go back up, but trust me when you get back on the train with even 1 btc, that feeling goes away and you can be more at ease knowing you still got a chance.
Swapster

Activity: 131

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 06:59:02 PM

My advice - get into Litecoin trading if you want a lot of upside. Personally, I don't think LTC offers anything significant over BTC, but there is a perception that LTC is to BTC what silver is to gold. With that, one can easily say that LTC has not moved up nearly enough to keep up with the BTC rise. And you can buy a lot of LTC right now.

My play…. move BTC from CampBX to BTC-e, trade the BTC for LTC and send it to my cold LTC wallet and let it sit. I don't trust BTC-e site enough to leave anything funds there. Just my opinion. CampBX seems to be the safest bet since it is in the US (and only 2 hours from where I live).
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 07:05:35 PM

My advice - get into Litecoin trading if you want a lot of upside. Personally, I don't think LTC offers anything significant over BTC, but there is a perception that LTC is to BTC what silver is to gold. With that, one can easily say that LTC has not moved up nearly enough to keep up with the BTC rise. And you can buy a lot of LTC right now.

Current gold to silver ratio is around 63, so LTC might actually look a bit overvalued at its price of 0.04 BTC right now (mildly speaking)...

Swapster

Activity: 131

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:15:33 PM

Current gold to silver ratio is around 63, so LTC might actually look a bit overvalued at its price of 0.04 BTC right now (mildly speaking)...

That may be true, but the ratio between LTC and BTC has increased greatly - and the perception I speak has been true even when BTC was trading near the $100 price and LTC at $3. It's all speculation…. but I think LTC will ride on the coattails of BTC.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 07:35:15 PM

That may be true, but the ratio between LTC and BTC has increased greatly - and the perception I speak has been true even when BTC was trading near the $100 price and LTC at $3. It's all speculation…. but I think LTC will ride on the coattails of BTC.

If BTC continues rising then the ratio should increase too, thereby making investment in LTC less profitable versus BTC investment. There is a higher speculative element to the BTC price which renders it more volatile than LTC...

beetcoin

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 07:46:46 PM

If BTC continues rising then the ratio should increase too, thereby making investment in LTC less profitable versus BTC investment. There is a higher speculative element to the BTC price which renders it more volatile than LTC...

huh, don't you mean the inverse? LTC is more speculative. i am now confused.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: