Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:51:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BOUNTY] Announcements for Nxt (the first pure POS coin)  (Read 63000 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bybitcoin (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:36:11 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2013, 10:13:07 AM by bybitcoin

Nxt :: descendant of Bitcoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.0 is the first pure POS coin and was launched yesterday 24/11/2013.
Nxt uses brand new software, it’s not a fork of Bitcoin source code.  Nxt improves different features of Bitcoin, removes some disadvantages (e.g. bloated blockchain) and resolves a big environmental issue. Mining is 100% proof-of-stake, Coins are earned solely by charging transaction fees.
Time between blocks is one minute. Also the colored coin feature for p2p security exchange has been natively coded in a decentralized format into the Nxt platform and will come along in a few days too!
This thread is opened by me (a Nxt stake-holder) to inform and project the state of available bounties supplied by stake-holders donations, to get some projects done by the community in a competitive rewarding manner. Each bounty has an initial deadline but the period could be prolonged if it seem necessary. I created this thread as a self-moderated one, to keep the focus on the bounty projects. If you have some critiques or would like to discuss the Nxt project in general, you can head over to the main thread mentioned above or open a new thread of your own and do it there!
Thanks for Reading Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bybitcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 08:36:33 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2013, 10:02:44 AM by bybitcoin

-500K Nxt for a short video describing Nxt, it's green pure POS mining, the colored coins and decentralized p2p exchange features, internal messaging and decentralized DNS, instant transaction option.. all for a general audience.
-100K Nxt for a general article describing Nxt, it's green pure POS mining, the colored coins and decentralized p2p exchange features, internal messaging and decentralized DNS, instant transaction option..
-50K Nxt for the Chinese translation of the above article.
The initial deadline for the video bounty is 15th of December, for the article 5th of December and for the Chinese translation 7th of December!
To get the necessary info (general&technical) of Nxt for developing these projects, you can read the Nxt main thread mentioned in the OP or refer to Cunicula (who helped in debugging the scheme) or Come-from-Beyond.
Sharky444

Activity: 724

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 10:06:13 AM

good idea!

Radix - just imagine
everythingbitcoin

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 10:43:37 AM

Hi
I have translated the first article above to Chinese for the bounty

NXT:  

Thank you

NXT :: 比特幣的後裔::  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.0
比特幣的後裔 是第一家純POS硬幣和昨天24/11/2013推出。

NXT採用全新的軟件,它不是比特幣的源代碼叉子。 NXT提高了比特幣的不同特點,消除了一些缺點(例如臃腫 blockchain),並解決了一個大的環境問題。礦業是證明利益攸關100%,硬幣是通過收取交易費僅賺來的。

塊之間的時間為 分鐘 也為 安全交換的彩色硬幣功能已被原生編碼在 個分散的形式進入 的平台 並  

是第一家純POS硬幣和昨天24/11/2013

NXT採用全新的軟件,它不是比特幣的源代碼叉子。 NXT提高了比特幣的不同特點,消除了一些缺點(例如臃腫blockchain),並解決了一個大的環境問題。礦業是證明利益攸關100%,硬幣是通過收取交易費僅賺來的。

塊之間的時間為一分鐘。也為P2P安全交換的彩色硬幣功能已被原生編碼在一個分散的形式進入NXT的平台,並會沿著幾天呢!

這個線程是由我(一個NXT利益相關者)開通通知和項目狀態由利益相關者提供的捐款可恩澤,得到一些項目由社區中具有競爭力的獎勵的方式進行。每個賞金的初始期限,但如果它似乎有必要的期間可能會延長。

我創建這個線程為一個自主持之一,保持專注於賞金項目。如果你有一些批評或想討論一般NXT項目,你也可以直接到上面提到的主線程或者自己開一個新的線程,這樣做有!感謝您的閱讀

bybitcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 10:47:57 AM

NXT :: 比特幣的後裔::  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.0.
比特幣的後裔 是第一家純POS硬幣和昨天24/11/2013推出。

NXT採用全新的軟件,它不是比特幣的源代碼叉子。 NXT提高了比特幣的不同特點,消除了一些缺點(例如臃腫 blockchain),並解決了一個大的環境問題。礦業是證明利益攸關100%,硬幣是通過收取交易費僅賺來的。

塊之間的時間為 分鐘 也為 安全交換的彩色硬幣功能已被原生編碼在 個分散的形式進入 的平台 並 

是第一家純POS硬幣和昨天24/11/2013

NXT採用全新的軟件,它不是比特幣的源代碼叉子。 NXT提高了比特幣的不同特點,消除了一些缺點(例如臃腫blockchain),並解決了一個大的環境問題。礦業是證明利益攸關100%,硬幣是通過收取交易費僅賺來的。

塊之間的時間為一分鐘。也為P2P安全交換的彩色硬幣功能已被原生編碼在一個分散的形式進入NXT的平台,並會沿著幾天呢!

這個線程是由我(一個NXT利益相關者)開通通知和項目狀態由利益相關者提供的捐款可恩澤,得到一些項目由社區中具有競爭力的獎勵的方式進行。每個賞金的初始期限,但如果它似乎有必要的期間可能會延長。

我創建這個線程為一個自主持之一,保持專注於賞金項目。如果你有一些批評或想討論一般NXT項目,你也可以直接到上面提到的主線程或者自己開一個新的線程,這樣做有!感謝您的閱讀
You misunderstood me! I meant the Chinese translation of the other 100K bounty article (which should originally be wrriten in English)
Still nice translation, perhaps you can open a new thread in the Chinese section and post your translation there. Most Appreciated Smiley
everythingbitcoin

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:01:49 AM

Lol sorry *a little embarrassed*

Anyhow...Great work you're doing with this coin. Looking forward to seeing it in it's bright future! Smiley

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 11:02:46 AM

Lol my mistake. Great work you're doing with this coin. Looking forward to seeing it in it's bright future! Smiley

Don't forget to mention that, unlike Bitcoin, Nxt's supply is NOT increasing.
arafel71

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 12:00:50 PM
Last edit: November 25, 2013, 04:30:59 PM by arafel71

For help community to following and exchange upon  the bounties of nxt coin

Bounties Trello card for Nxt community :
-------------------------------------------

500K Nxt for a short video describing Nxt
https://trello.com/c/XPdbjiu9/1-1-a-youtube-introducery-video-about-nxt-and-its-features-500k-nxt

100K Nxt for a english general article describing Nxt
https://trello.com/c/Txzro89P/2-2-an-article-explaining-nxt-and-its-features-for-general-audience-100k-nxt

50K Nxt for the Chinese translation of the english general article explaining Nxt
https://trello.com/c/XGP4rZ85/3-3-a-chinese-translation-of-the-english-article-explaining-nxt-50k-nxt

Create a Trello user
and ask me for add you as member.

Don't hesitate to exchange on trello comment and on this thread.

thanks

arafel71

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 06:30:30 AM

-500K Nxt for a short video describing Nxt, it's green pure POS mining, the colored coins and decentralized p2p exchange features, internal messaging and decentralized DNS, instant transaction option.. all for a general audience.
-100K Nxt for a general article describing Nxt, it's green pure POS mining, the colored coins and decentralized p2p exchange features, internal messaging and decentralized DNS, instant transaction option..
The initial deadline for the video bounty is 15th of December, for the article 5th of December and for the Chinese translation 7th of December!
To get the necessary info (general&technical) of Nxt for developing these projects, you can read the Nxt main thread mentioned in the OP or refer to Cunicula (who helped in debugging the scheme) or Come-from-Beyond.

cunicula
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:59:04 AM
Last edit: November 26, 2013, 09:12:37 AM by cunicula

I suggest splitting the article in to separate writing tasks. Also... video before article = cart before horse.

I'm probably better qualified to write about the PoS design than anyone else because I played a role in its design. I'd expect a full 100k bounty for this, largely because I own no nxt. (Lack of gui, lack of whitepaper, need to use blockchain.info to purchase were too big of a barrier for lazy me.) I could do the chinese translation of my section too.

I know nothing about nxt's other features. If you get one person to write the whole article, then the quality will suffer. That's not acceptable.

Low quality article -> low quality peer review of nxt -> nxt underlying quality unknown (and best to assume low quality in the absence of other information)

To facilitate peer review we need:
1) mathematically precise, approachable, and well-written article
2) nxt coders and third party coders to confirm that the source code does what the article says it is supposed to.

Once those conditions are in place smart people can read the article and critique it. This process is essential for people to gain confidence in nxt (including me).
bybitcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:20:03 AM

I suggest splitting the article in to separate writing tasks.

I'm probably better qualified to write about the PoS design than anyone else because I played a role in its design. I'd expect a full 100k bounty for this, largely because I own no nxt. (Lack of gui, lack of whitepaper, need to use blockchain.info to purchase were too big of a barrier for lazy me.) I could do the chinese translation of my section too.

I know nothing about nxt's other features. If you get one person to write the whole article, then the quality will suffer. That's not acceptable.

2) nxt coders and third party coders to confirm that the source code does what the article says it is supposed to.

Once those conditions are in place smart people can read the article and critique it. This is essential for people to gain confidence in nxt (including me).
Happy to see that you are here to help. We are ready to pay 300K Nxt for a complete whitepaper in the following format:
1-150K Nxt for explaining how its POS works.
2-100K Nxt for explaining the coloredcoin feature and its decentralized implementation in Nxt platform (as BCNext promised it to be this way)
3-50K Nxt for explaining messaging, instant transaction option, decentralized DNS...
If you can't do all the 3 parts, but still can collaborate with Nxt devs to hear from them and finally shape and write part 2 or 3 as well, we can pay 50K Nxt extra in addition to that 300K Nxt mentioned above.
And this is all for the technical whitepaper. About general articles mentioned in OP, those bounties above are still available for anyone to grab!
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:25:37 AM

2-100K Nxt for explaining the coloredcoin feature and its decentralized implementation in Nxt platform (as BCNext promised it to be this way)
3-50K Nxt for explaining messaging, instant transaction option, decentralized DNS...
If you can't do all the 3 parts, but still can collaborate with Nxt devs to hear from them and finally shape and write part 2 or 3 as well, we can pay 50K Nxt extra in addition to that 300K Nxt mentioned above.
And this is all for the technical whitepaper. About general articles mentioned in OP, those bounties above are still available for anyone to grab!

I'd like to donate 50K to each of this point. Post account id so I could send 150K, plz.
bybitcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:29:12 AM

I'd like to donate 50K to each of this point. Post account id so I could send 150K, plz.
Nice! Give me one or two hours to create a separate account for bounty funds and then inform you here (this way is more transparent)
I need to eat some breakfast first Smiley
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:29:58 AM

I suggest splitting the article in to separate writing tasks. Also... video before article = cart before horse.

Low quality article -> low quality peer review of nxt -> nxt underlying quality unknown (and best to assume low quality in the absence of other information)

Once those conditions are in place smart people can read the article and critique it. This process is essential for people to gain confidence in nxt (including me).
I want to donate 100K nxt to you for what you did so far!
Send me your address..
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:31:38 AM

Send me your address..

He could become lazy again, who will write the whitepaper then? Cheesy
klee
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:32:25 AM

Send me your address..

He could become lazy again, who will write the whitepaper then? Cheesy
lolz
bybitcoin (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:43:56 AM

I thought about it for a while and arrived at this: it is much disrespect to Cunicula if we promise him little 150K or 200K to do this or that.
He've already done a lot and I suggest a bounty of max. 1M Nxt separate to be given to him, of course if and only if, he puts his laziness aside for a while and construct and write the whole whitepaper ASAP. He can use communication line with the known devs to know about part 2 and 3 to shape and write those parts as well, and to get the final check from them too (based on the actual Nxt codes)
I personally donate 300K Nxt to provide this bounty, Come-from-Beyond said he can add 150K. Please post your donation if you like to support Cunicula's effort. I ll add the bounty account addresses in the OP this evening!
Also Cunicula, please pm me or post here about your readiness or whatever you think about this plan Wink
klee
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 11:45:20 AM

I thought about it for a while and arrived at this: it is much disrespect to Cunicula if we promise him little 150K or 200K to do this or that.
He've already done a lot and I suggest a bounty of max. 1M Nxt separate to be given to him, of course if and only if, he puts his laziness aside for a while and construct and write the whole whitepaper ASAP. He can use communication line with the known devs to know about part 2 and 3 to shape and write those parts as well, and to get the final check from them too (based on the actual Nxt codes)
I personally donate 300K Nxt to provide this bounty, Come-from-Beyond said he can add 150K. Please post your donation if you like to support Cunicula's effort. I ll add the bounty account addresses in the OP this evening!
Also Cunicula, please pm me or post here about your readiness or whatever you think about this plan Wink
150K from me too!
esuncloud

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 08:38:59 PM

Nxt :: descendant of Bitcoin: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.0 is the first pure POS coin and was launched yesterday 24/11/2013.
Nxt uses brand new software, it’s not a fork of Bitcoin source code.  Nxt improves different features of Bitcoin, removes some disadvantages (e.g. bloated blockchain) and resolves a big environmental issue. Mining is 100% proof-of-stake, Coins are earned solely by charging transaction fees.
Time between blocks is one minute. Also the colored coin feature for p2p security exchange has been natively coded in a decentralized format into the Nxt platform and will come along in a few days too!
This thread is opened by me (a Nxt stake-holder) to inform and project the state of available bounties supplied by stake-holders donations, to get some projects done by the community in a competitive rewarding manner. Each bounty has an initial deadline but the period could be prolonged if it seem necessary. I created this thread as a self-moderated one, to keep the focus on the bounty projects. If you have some critiques or would like to discuss the Nxt project in general, you can head over to the main thread mentioned above or open a new thread of your own and do it there!
Thanks for Reading Smiley
Please see the Chinese version of launch announcement as below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=347956.msg3726507#msg3726507
cunicula
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 02:31:52 AM

As a preliminary measure, I stuck all posts in the nxt thread that  are relevant to nxt's pos algorithm in a word document.
I stopped combing through the thread at the point of the nxtguy's disappearance.

I'm going to summarize this information in bullet point form in a new thread. I hope you guys can go through the bullet points to check for obvious inaccuracies.

Before i do this... Comefrombeyond, do any protocol modifications occur after the nxtguy goes AWOL?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: