Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:04:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BOUNTY] Announcements for Nxt (the first pure POS coin)  (Read 63003 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 05:41:42 PM

bump to top

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GCInc.

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 08:25:52 PM

Got to this thread only now. Wonder what's Cunicula's paper status?

salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 11:29:21 AM
Last edit: December 20, 2013, 11:30:47 PM by salsacz

Hello guys, so after a few days and long nights, here is my video:

Short description of NXT for general audience: (it's green pure POS mining, the colored coins and decentralized p2p exchange features and also internal messaging and decentralized DNS, instant transaction option)

http://wideo.co/view/1302961386354824506-nxt (reediting right now)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zALTChPsXhQ new coming soon

my NXT:

bybitcoin (OP)

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 12:40:40 PM

Sorry guys, was busy with 3 transactions, now it got resolved Smiley
I ll review the recent posted articles and videos and will come up with a decision!
Thank you for your effort.
Ola

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:12:20 PM

Sorry guys, was busy with 3 transactions, now it got resolved Smiley
I ll review the recent posted articles and videos and will come up with a decision!
Thank you for your effort.

Hey bybitcoin...if al else falls through and you cannot get a quality explainer video consider hiring My firm which produces explainer videos and just started accepting bitcoin...your video will be realistic with, voice overs and sound effects We are here: http://www.cheapexplainervideo.com/   just mentioning just incase you need something more engaging.

Nxter,Bitcoiner,Ether highlevel developer working to improve the world.
bybitcoin (OP)

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:03:12 PM

Before I go forward to review the submitted articles and vidoes, I should say that yes we can wait a bit longer if we see a good work is in the process  but for that we should at least see a demo of the whole..

Also want to express my admiration for JohnnyBTCSeed's amazing compilation. You posted the link to it in the giveaway thread. Here I inform you that you will receive 15K for that compilation, when I get a smooth client running on my PC (it is still buggy). But for receiving the whole 100K bounty you should exert and complie from it a more graphical and narrative based article similar to CoinDesk or BitcoinMagazine ones. That way you ll earn 100K for the whole work. Anyway whitepaper is not a proper name, as it is used for the more technical paper on which Cunicula is working atm.
opticalcarrier

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:00:36 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2013, 10:14:04 PM by opticalcarrier

I didnt get any tips on my submission draft like other people have, so I've finalized it with formatting, and also have added a section on the new TRANSPARENT MINING

What is NXT?

Nxt is considered a 2nd generation crypto currency.  With all the alt coins coming out that only change things such as hashing mechanism, time between blocks, starting difficulty, and so on, Nxt brings much much more to the table and was designated this way for a number of reasons.  We'll go over the 5 most important ones.

1.  It is not an "alt coin" like coins such as litecoin, peercoin, and others who have their code based on Bitcoin's source code.  It is brand new from scratch with its own code.

2. It is a 100% proof of stake versus the proof of work mechanism the vast majority of other coins are based on.  This effectively removes a large security risk inherent in most other coins, as now the issue of a 51% attack or other vulnerabilities inherent to PoW coins are now gone.  The biggest plus here is how green this protocol is (not a reference to colored coins) in power consumption, since PoS doesn’t require massive amounts of hashing power

3. NXT when released for production in Jan 2014, will have a very slick new feature called "Transparent Mining".  This will allow NXT to approach Visa/Mastercard rates of transactions.  There is currently not a single crypto currency that can scale this high and this is possible with NXT because the transparency provided in the protocol will allow each user's client to automatically determine who will generate the next block, and so they can then send their transactions to that node.  This will also allow additional fees to be realized for immediate/priority transactions.  An equally important feature of Transparent Mining is an outstanding security feature of the protocol to temporarily reduce to zero the mining power of nodes who should generate the next block but dont.   As previously discussed, the 51% attack is prevented by PoS mechanism.  This transparent mining feature will prevent against even a 90% majority owner of all NXT branching out and forcing a fork.  So if a node that has 90% of all NXT, and doesnt generate a block when scheduled, for network security, the system will reduce its mining power to zero temporarily to prevent a bad fork from being forced.

4. It provides built in support for planned extra features such as a decentralized peer-peer exchange, colored coins, messaging/chat, decentralized DNS, and options for instant transactions.  We will describe these advanced features later in this article.

5. It was announced months in advance, unlike mere hours like most coins.  The 71 stakeholders are responsible for distributing the 1 billion Nxt coins that were ejected from the genesis block via an injection of bitcoin (donated by them, 21 BTC total) into the genesis block.  This is a requirement for this PoS system to work and this distribution is now in progress.  Nxt is listed on http://coinmarketcap.com/ and people are trading on a 1on1 basis in the forums as well as on a temporary (centralized) exchange http://www.dgex.com.

Decentralized Exchange
Let's get into the first planned feature, a decentralized exchange.  How do we currently trade coins now?  Well you have to sign up for an account on a centralized platform such as Cryptsy/BTC-E/Bter/etc, transfer them your coins and pay them for transactions. This brings in a large concern that I personally have yet to be seen brought to light, in that it’s possible that the exchange could just bail with everyone's deposits.  This has actually already happened when the Sheep Marketplace did just that with 96,000 bitcoins, ending up as the largest theft in history.  The developers of NxT (BCNxt and his crew) are developing a peer-peer exchange into the software to allow for decentralized trading which will eliminate this trust point.  It will also eliminate trading fees!  Obviously this is all still completely secure and anonymous as are current bitcoin transactions.

Other Decentralized Services
But let’s not stop there.  If you can have a decentralized exchange based on the peer-peer model then what else is possible?  Well, quite a bit as it turns out; the developers are also building in a decentralized DNS system to compete with namecoin.  Also in the future we can expect messaging and chat systems that, like the p2p exchange, will also be completely secure and anonymous.  Think of what this will allow:  Completely anonymous websites, AND anonymous payments, to go with an anonymous support system in the chat/messaging feature, all 100% secure, encrypted, and irreversible.

Colored Coins
Nxt (pun intended) is one of the more curious services: colored coins.  To understand the concept of colored coins requires a fairly deep view into bitcoin transactions that most people aren’t aware of.  With bitcoin, each transaction's output hashed address is based on a previous receiving address that originally received that coin.  So with the blockchain, a set of bitcoin transactions can be traced.  Not to a person mind you, but what is meant is that an individual coin or pieces of that coin can be traced back on a transaction by transaction basis.  Since this is a case, then if it was possible to expand the protocol to allow a person to designate or "color" a particular coin, then we can build a bridge from the virtual crypto currency world to the physical world.  In effect that coin can then be used to represent some physical entity here on earth.  Property, stocks/bonds, commodites, or really any concept that can be concretely identified could be used.  This protocol expansion is exactly what is being built into Nxt’s unique code to allow for the use of colored coins.

Green Energy
Let’s talk about Proof of Stake and green energy.  Everyone knows how bitcoin is based on Proof of Work.  That is there are thousands of miners around the world crunching away at hashes and gobbling up TONS of power.  Now, PoS doesn’t really involve ‘mining’ per se; it’s important to realize that unlike bitcoin, all Nxt that will ever exist already exists, so client wallets now ‘mine’ for transaction fees.  A growing trend is to refer to this as ‘forging’ instead of ‘mining’.  Since this can be done on a client wallet loaded on a PC (CPU mining), it is MUCH more environmentally friendly and power efficient.

Proof Of Stake Details
Now, on to the nuts and bolts of Nxt’s implementation of PoS.  Its elegantly simple: transaction fees are distributed out proportionally to all users based on the amount of Nxt a client has. (assuming that client is running and unlocked).  So if a client has 1 million Nxt, then they have 1/1000 of a chance of receiving the transaction fee for any transaction.  The math here is 1 million (amount the client has) divided by 1 billion (total Nxt in existence) is 1000, so that is 1/1000 of a chance.

Extra notes on NXT
Nxt is a brain wallet, a very long and secure passphrase MUST be used to generate your account.

As stated, to forge (AKA mine) for transaction fees, your client must be running and unlocked on your machine.

The software is currently java based, and closed source.  Pieces of the code are available for review upon permission of the devs, but the full code will not be released until Jan2014 official launch.

Many people refer to this as 100% pre-mined, but this isn’t really accurate since there *is* no mining, and the PoS system depends on all coins being distributed out.

The Nxt official thread in bitcointalk.org is at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.0
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:08:58 PM

lyynx, opticalcarrier, JohnnyBTCSeed, salsacz:

I have already given about 100K to bybitcoin in order to tip for the bounties/giveaways.
However I would like to send 1000Nxt more to each one of you for your efforts.
Put your IDs here...
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:13:12 PM

I have already given about 100K to bybitcoin in order to tip for the bounties/giveaways.
Put your IDs here...

NXT ID:

and thank you
opticalcarrier

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:25:23 PM

Put your IDs here...

awesomesauce 5720962949012144242
thanks dude.  really excited about this transparent article.  too bad i missed the stakeholder thing by jsut a few days (damn you cryptsy) but glad to be in as early as I was.
klee
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:31:18 PM

Put your IDs here...

NXT ID:

and thank you

Put your IDs here...

awesomesauce 5720962949012144242
thanks dude.  really excited about this transparent article.  too bad i missed the stakeholder thing by jsut a few days (damn you cryptsy) but glad to be in as early as I was.

Confirm if you see them!
opticalcarrier

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:45:40 PM

Confirm if you see them!

Grin
getfun12345

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:27:32 AM

hi, I have translated opticalcarrier's article above to Chinese. and posted it here http://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,453.0.html
If that helps, Nxt id:11614711640397236492 Thank you!

原文:http://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,104.0.html

Nxt币,第二代密码学货币
Nxt被认为是第二代密码学货币.  大多数山寨币仅仅改变了哈希机理、区块之间的时间、启动难度等等, Nxt则带来了大量的创新。这些创新是基于多种因素的,我们将详细介绍其中最重要的5个。

1. 它并不像litecoin、peercoin以及其他的一些山寨币,这些山寨币的代码均基于bitcoin的源代码。而Nxt是全新的,且拥有自己的算法。

2. 它是100%的股权证明,而其它绝大部分的币种都是基于工作量机理证明的。 相比其它币种,这有效地去除了内在的安全风险,因为目前51%的攻击或者其它内在的脆弱性都会导致这些PoW币种灭亡。而且另外要说的一点是,该协议对能源消耗是友好的,因此PoS不需要大量的哈希计算。

3. NXT在2014年1月发布产品时, 将拥有一个特别的新功能“透明采矿”(Transparent Mining).  这将允许NXT能够处理类似Visa/Mastercard的巨大交易量.  其他单一的密码学货币是无法处理如此规模的交易量的,而NXT却可以做到。 因为协议提供的透明性能让每个客户端自动预测谁将生成下一个区块,他们就可以将交易直接发往该结点。同时也可以实现为直接和高优先级交易付额外费用。透明采矿的另一个同样重要的功能是该协议拥有一个特别的安全机制可以降低结点的采矿权,当一个轮到一个结点产生下一个区块,而它并没有这么做时,它的采矿权将被临时降为0。根据先前的讨论,PoS机制可以防止51%攻击,而透明采矿甚至可以阻止拥有90%NXT的个人生成区块链分支。如果一个节点拥有90%的NTX,当它不生成一个安排好的区块时,基于网络安全协议,系统将会把它的采矿权临时降低为0,从而阻止分支产生。

4. 它提供了内在的特征,比如去中心化的点对点对换、彩色币、信息/聊天、去中心化的DNS(主机域名)以及即时交易等选项。我们会在以后的文章中讲述这些特征。

5. 它发布于几周之前,不像其它币种,发布之前已经运行了很多时间。71位参与者负责1,000,000,000个Nxt币的分发,这些币是通过向源块中注入bitcoin(由他们自己捐助,共21个bitcoin币)来产生的。这是该PoS系统运行的要求,目前分发工作已经在进行中。Nxt已经列在了 http://coinmarketcap.com 上,大家可以通过论坛以及临时(中心化的)的交易平台 http://www.dgex.com 来进行交易。

去中心化的交易
让我们讲述第一个特征,去中心化的交易。我们目前是怎么进行币种交易的呢?您必须要在一个中心化的平台上注册一个账户,例如Cryptsy/BTC-E/Bter等等,将币转入他们的平台,然后进行交易。这就带来了诸多疑问:从个人角度来讲我也不得不被公开,而且交易需要用每个人的存款来做保证金。这在Sheep市场的96,000个bitcoin中已经实际发生了,最终形成了历史上最大的盗窃案。Nxt的开发者(BCNxt和他的团队)在软件中开发了点对点的交换,允许去中心化的交易,从而终结了这个信任点的问题。它也终结了交易费的问题!很明显,与目前Bitcoin的交易相比,这也是非常安全和匿名的。

其他去中心化的服务
如果拥有了基于点对点模型的去中心化交换,那接下来会发生什么呢?好,还有一点就是:开发者正在建立一个去中心化的DNS系统来与namecoin进行竞争。而且在未来,我们预期能有信息和聊天系统,就像P2P交换,这也将是完全安全和匿名的。想想这将会发生什么:完全匿名的网站,AND匿名支付,还有一个拥有聊天/信息特征的匿名支持系统,所有都是100%安全的,加密的,不可逆的。

彩色币
Nxt(双关语)也有很奇特服务:彩色币。为了理解彩色币的概念,需要对Bitcoin的交易有一些相对深层次的理解,而绝大多数人对此并不知晓。对于bitcoin,每一次交易产生的哈希地址是基于之前最后接受该货币的地址的。因此对于数据块链,bitcoin的交易是可以被追溯的。不用别人提醒,这就意味着一个币的单独或者一系列的交易都可以通过交易基准进行追溯。因为这是一个事实,因此如果能扩展协议从而允许人们来指定或者“彩色”一个特定钱币的话,我们就可以为虚拟密码货币通向物理现实世界建立一座桥梁。事实上,这个货币可以用来代表地球上的物理存在体。财产、 股票/债券、商品或者任何可以具体指定的概念都可以被代表。该扩展协议正是已经嵌入Nxt的唯一代码,这些代码才能允许彩色货币的使用。

绿色能源
每个人都知道bitcoin是如何基于工作量证明的。因此全世界才会有成千上万的旷工计算着哈希值并消耗着巨大的能量。现在,PoS并不需要真正的挖矿。 所有NxT一直存在并且已经存在了, 所以现在客户端钱包采矿得到的是交易手续费。后续的趋势是使用“锻造”这个词来代替“采矿”。这些能够通过下载到PC(CPU挖矿)的客户端钱包来完成,它对环境是很友好且高效的。

股权证明(PoS)细节
目前,正是Nxt货币PoS实施的关键时刻。很简单:基于客户端所拥有的Nxt的数量,交易费用按比例分发给所有的用户(假定客户端是解锁并运行的)。因此,如果一个客户端有1,000,000的Nxt,那它收到任意一笔交易费的几率是1/1000。是这么计算出来的:1,000,000(客户端含有的Nxt数量)除1,000,000,000(所有存在的Nxt总数)的结果是1000,因此几率就是1/1000。

关于Nxt的其它一些备注
Nxt是一个大脑钱包,需要一个很长和安全的密码来生成您的账号。

正如所述,为了获得(AKA挖矿)交易费,您的客户端必须解锁并运行。

目前该软件是基于java的,且是不开源的。经开发者同意后,可以查看部分代码,全部的代码会在2014年1月份正式公开。

许多人将这认为是100%的预先挖矿,但这并不准确,因为并没有挖矿,且PoS系统依靠所有分发出去的货币。

Nxt的官方发布内容 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.0
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:56:15 PM

Before I go forward to review the submitted articles and vidoes, I should say that yes we can wait a bit longer if we see a good work is in the process  but for that we should at least see a demo of the whole..

Also want to express my admiration for JohnnyBTCSeed's amazing compilation. You posted the link to it in the giveaway thread. Here I inform you that you will receive 15K for that compilation, when I get a smooth client running on my PC (it is still buggy). But for receiving the whole 100K bounty you should exert and complie from it a more graphical and narrative based article similar to CoinDesk or BitcoinMagazine ones. That way you ll earn 100K for the whole work. Anyway whitepaper is not a proper name, as it is used for the more technical paper on which Cunicula is working atm.

thanks for the input, I live to serve and this is a real cool project so v2 should read closer to what you would like.  I'll get working on it soon as my spare time comes around again.   Grin
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:16:23 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2013, 07:36:32 PM by psybits

Before I go forward to review the submitted articles and vidoes, I should say that yes we can wait a bit longer if we see a good work is in the process  but for that we should at least see a demo of the whole..

No rush - but further to your PM bybitcoin, where you expressed interest, please let me know if you are still interested in one of our Press Releases for NXT Smiley

You can see the results of our latest one for Devcoin easily here (although there are many more outlets which are not included on the first page of Google): https://www.google.com/search?q=%22bitcoin+alternaitve+devcoin%22&rlz=1C1CHMO_en-GBAU536AU536&oq=%22bitcoin+alternaitve+devcoin%22&aqs=chrome..69i57.5150j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

And here: https://www.google.com/search?q=%22Ethical+Merge+Mined+Bitcoin+Alternative%22&rlz=1C1CHMO_en-GBAU536AU536&oq=%22Ethical+Merge+Mined+Bitcoin+Alternative%22&aqs=chrome..69i57.2063j0j9&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#es_sm=93&espv=210&q=%22Ethical+Merge+Mined+Bitcoin+Alternative%22&start=0
JohnnyBTCSeed

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:19:16 PM

Put your IDs here...

Thanks Klee.

and to the rest of the community, thanks for the love.
klee
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:41:50 PM

Put your IDs here...

Thanks Klee.

Send them but not sure if the transaction will come - confirm if you see them!
getfun12345

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:54:51 AM

I found more information about "Transparent mining" https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=364218.0
I translated that to chinese and posted here http://nextcoin.org/index.php/topic,496.0.html
hope that can help more people understand what is "Transparent mining"

原文:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=364218.0

众所周知,比特币和类似币可以被拥有全网51%算力的实体攻击。有两种可能场景:
1. 部分矿工离开主分支,开始生成他们自己的分支。
2. 部分人购买或生产挖矿设备去挖掘一条秘密分支。

第二个场景是不可能在Nxt中发生的,因为没有Nxt币可以存在于整个网络之外。现在我们来仔细研究第一个场景。

昨天Nxt采矿的平均基数是700%。这意味着只有1/7的Nxt用于生成区块,我们不知道剩下的6/7在做什么事情。这是当前的Nxt实现。BCNext 将对采矿方式做些小改动,使其变得透明化。

透明化是什么意思?它意味着任何人都可以预测(很高的正确率)谁在什么时候将生成下一个或多个区块。这使我们可以实现以下卓越特性:
1. 交易能被直接发送到即将生成下一个区块的矿工(如果他能在互联网上公布地址),这就大大减少数据传输量,使得全网能处理的交易量达到VISA/MasterCard的量级。
2. 区块能被提前生成,并在他们变得有效之前(时间戳验证)发送到大部分矿工,这就能大大降低孤立区块的产生率。
3. 由于可以预测未来区块产生的时间(根据区块生成速率),可以设定恰当的手续费保证重要的交易得到快速确认。

而最重要的特性就是:
网络可以检测到哪个矿工没有参与区块的生成和交易的记录。

这最后的一点值得我们详细的描述:
假设某人拥有90%的Nxt币并计划实施一个“51%”攻击。首先他需要停止为主分支生成区块,因为主分支的采矿权是100%而他只有90%。所以轮到他生成区块时,他决定“跳过”。这时全网剩下的10%检测到这一行为,决定将攻击者的采矿权降低为0,并且告知其他矿工。现在整个网络的采矿权又回复到100%,因为剩下的所有人都得到10倍的增长。攻击者可以在一个封闭的环境中挖掘另一个新的分支,但这个新的分支无法代替主分支。当然这个新的分支中也是有100%的采矿权,因为没有其他人,攻击者把自己的90%提升到了100%,这种情况可以被一些高级机制(未披露)所抵消。

100%PoS可以保护Nxt不受能购买大量ASIC矿机的财团攻击,而透明采矿可以保护Nxt不受拥有大多数币的人攻击。

最后,为何Nxt称之为下一代货币? 不是去中心化交易,不是去中心化DNS或去中心化商店,也不是透明采矿,这些仅仅是开发团队BCNext的第一步计划...

附加:BCNext 提醒我忘了提及“Selfish Mining”(一种25%攻击)。透明采矿能够完美解决“Selfish Mining”。
JohnnyBTCSeed

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:31:09 PM

Thanks Klee, you're the man.

Yea! got my first Nxt

Put your IDs here...

Thanks Klee.

Send them but not sure if the transaction will come - confirm if you see them!
JohnnyBTCSeed

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:40:15 PM

I'm running Nxt on my bitcoin laptop with no issues so far. I removed the hd and am running live linux mint. I do a fresh dl of the Nxt client on each use, then simply unzip and copy the start commands to the terminal and wahla.   Just got my first coins  Grin so am testing the miner now.   also lined out the decentalized whitepaper title so as not to confuse with the rabbits work.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: