Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:54:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DIY FPGA Mining rig for any algorithm with fast ROI  (Read 99425 times)
netmonk

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2018, 09:35:45 AM

So, after almost 2 weeks since keccak bitstream release, does anyone succeed to mine keccak with whitefire's work and Xilinx card ?

Any physical evidences that this is possible, working as expected ?
ilia_2s

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 10:28:41 AM

So, after almost 2 weeks since keccak bitstream release, does anyone succeed to mine keccak with whitefire's work and Xilinx card ?

Any physical evidences that this is possible, working as expected ?

Whitefire does not provide a mining software for run mining on PC. It still <coming in the next 2-3 days> for last 2 week at download section on his website.

http://i104.fastpic.ru/thumb/2018/0619/c4/_ed153afb9c895d3ad2839fae3494c5c4.jpeg
oxygensignature0

Activity: 67

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 10:48:29 AM

Huge post!
So, any bitstreams free (with fees, it's clear) released for Avnet ku040?
jimmykl

Activity: 349
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 11:07:28 AM

Huge post!
So, any bitstreams free (with fees, it's clear) released for Avnet ku040?

Nope
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 11:45:21 AM

Hello, Guys.

Our company named "Coloco Group" and we are in FPGA-mining for a several years. There are some photos of our hardware. It's based on Xilinx ML605 PCB.
This PCB was replicated by our engineers.

I can confirm that dev-kits discussed here (VCU1525, etc.) is a very high-cost solution. Because it was designed only for development purposes. This PCB have a great number of unused elements and many electronic components are very expensive (TI power modules, branded (SAMSUNG, TDK, PANASONIC) passive components (resistors, ferrites, capacitors, etc.), therefore it have a bad ROI, and it does not suitable for mining tasks.

We created a design and ready to manufacture a new version of FPGA-mining device. It will be a Plug-n-Play device, with integrated hashing firmware and control unit with ethernet-port and web-interface. All Boards in one metal box with cooling fans. No additional PC or other equipment needed. We forecast a 2x more powerful hashrate than at VCU1525, and a half total price at the same time!

We will represent our product ASAP, also with a Keccak bitstream for testing, and unlike an OP with a complete mining software for real MaxCoin network.

If anyone has a Verilog/VHDL-editions of any mining-algorithm please contact me via PM or mdc@coloco.biz. We can discuss a dev fee for integration of your algorithm implementation to our board.

Awesome.  So manufactures playing same game with FPGA.  Fist batch is outrageous at 4K per card.  Now here comes the next guy. Hey I can make for 2x less.  Then the race to the bottom begins all over again.  Those of you thinking playing cat and mouse with algos think that will somehow make this more decentralized is yet another pipe dream. Or PR stunt.  Plus with such low amounts of these boards again how does this amount to decentralization or just more of the rich getting richer.  Low man once again builds up another system for the rich to take over once the leg work is done.  Typical capitalist thinking.  Ugh!

BR

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
jimmykl

Activity: 349
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:25:57 PM

Hello, Guys.

Our company named "Coloco Group" and we are in FPGA-mining for a several years. There are some photos of our hardware. It's based on Xilinx ML605 PCB.

I can confirm that dev-kits discussed here (VCU1525, etc.) is a very high-cost solution. Because it was designed only for development purposes. This PCB have a great number of unused elements and many electronic components are very expensive (TI power modules, branded (SAMSUNG, TDK, PANASONIC) passive components (resistors, ferrites, capacitors, etc.), therefore it have a bad ROI, and it does not suitable for mining tasks.

We created a design and ready to manufacture a new version of FPGA-mining device. It will be a Plug-n-Play device, with integrated hashing firmware and control unit with ethernet-port and web-interface. All Boards in one metal box with cooling fans. No additional PC or other equipment needed. We forecast a 2x more powerful hashrate than at VCU1525, and a half total price at the same time!

We will represent our product ASAP, also with a Keccak bitstream for testing, and unlike an OP with a complete mining software for real MaxCoin network.

If anyone has a Verilog/VHDL-editions of any mining-algorithm please contact me via PM or mdc@coloco.biz. We can discuss a dev fee for integration of your algorithm implementation to our board.

Awesome.  So manufactures playing same game with FPGA.  Fist batch is outrageous at 4K per card.  Now here comes the next guy. Hey I can make for 2x less.  Then the race to the bottom begins all over again.  Those of you thinking playing cat and mouse with algos think that will somehow make this more decentralized is yet another pipe dream. Or PR stunt.  Plus with such low amounts of these boards again how does this amount to decentralization or just more of the rich getting richer.  Low man once again builds up another system for the rich to take over once the leg work is done.  Typical capitalist thinking.  Ugh!

BR

Rinse and repeat. Fight the man, earn the <whatever>, become the man. Live, die. Zzz
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 12:43:05 PM

Hello, Guys.

BR

1) ML6025 is a 2009 FPGA https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/ug534.pdf
2) ML6025 memory: 512MB DDR3. VCU1525: up to 64GB DDR4.
3) When I read this "It's based on Xilinx ML605 PCB. This PCB was replicated by our engineers.",  I smell counterfeit goods or at least counterfeit design.
4) Don't expect a 2009 FPGA to be twice as fast as the current TOTL. "We forecast a 2x more powerful hashrate than at VCU1525".
5) especially not with mem hungry algos.

I smell a scam.
ShadowBladeX

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 03:40:54 PM

I think the scam card was overplayed with the 2x performance AND half the cost. It might've sounded a bit less scammy if they had just gone with "similar performance for half the cost."

Anyway... back to topic;

Did anyone actually conduct any tests? What happened to all those people that claimed they already had the card on hand?

The price is way too high on those FPGA cards for me to invest in right now, but any updates on the cheaper FPGA boards that was also supposed to get support?

A $1k FPGA card is easier to manage then a $4k card.

Hopefully if it does get support, and get 1/4th the performance. It's an easier entry into the field, cost wise.
ilia_2s

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 05:46:53 PM

Scam, scam....

But we do not sell any of presented hardware! We use it for our own mining since 2015. It posted for PR reasons only.
When we will provide our FPGA-mining solution I'll create a new thread to discuss it. Our design based on modern FPGA chips,
with a 8-chips per board with low-cost round electronics, Of course.
ilia_2s

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 05:51:14 PM

3) When I read this "It's based on Xilinx ML605 PCB. This PCB was replicated by our engineers.",  I smell counterfeit goods or at least counterfeit design.

Try to smell an acquired license for use any IP.
ShadowBladeX

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 07:36:48 PM

Well please do update us when everything is settled and there's a new thread open with everything finalized.
taserz

Activity: 800
Merit: 293

Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 08:07:09 PM

I think the scam card was overplayed with the 2x performance AND half the cost. It might've sounded a bit less scammy if they had just gone with "similar performance for half the cost."

Anyway... back to topic;

Did anyone actually conduct any tests? What happened to all those people that claimed they already had the card on hand?

The price is way too high on those FPGA cards for me to invest in right now, but any updates on the cheaper FPGA boards that was also supposed to get support?

Hopefully if it does get support, and get 1/4th the performance. It's an easier entry into the field, cost wise.

Your not going to find a $1k FPGA with enough different chips and memory to be feasible for a bunch of algos. THe nice thing about the BCU is it is so versatile pretty much any algo is in the ballpark.

Autotune Firmware for S19 and S19j! Overclock, Underclock, AutoTuning. Asic.to The MOON Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency 30w/TH up to 85th/s!!Mining bitcoin since 2011 • Best nerd decision of my life
GPUHoarder

Activity: 154
Merit: 37

View Profile
June 19, 2018, 11:21:43 PM

Anyway... back to topic;

Your not going to find a $1k FPGA with enough different chips and memory to be feasible for a bunch of algos. THe nice thing about the BCU is it is so versatile pretty much any algo is in the ballpark.

Having just spent an entire day with all of the Xilinx team for this - all I can say is beware of scams.
taserz

Activity: 800
Merit: 293

Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 02:22:34 AM

Anyway... back to topic;

Having just spent an entire day with all of the Xilinx team for this - all I can say is beware of scams.

Think you could get me some measurements on the card with ram and the shroud off with the heatsinks still applied. I want to work on something in cad but need the sizes and what not. figure I should ask in discord but meh

Autotune Firmware for S19 and S19j! Overclock, Underclock, AutoTuning. Asic.to The MOON Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency 30w/TH up to 85th/s!!Mining bitcoin since 2011 • Best nerd decision of my life
nsummy

Activity: 1179

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:25:14 AM

Hello, Guys.

BR

1) ML6025 is a 2009 FPGA https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/ug534.pdf
2) ML6025 memory: 512MB DDR3. VCU1525: up to 64GB DDR4.
4) Don't expect a 2009 FPGA to be twice as fast as the current TOTL. "We forecast a 2x more powerful hashrate than at VCU1525".
5) especially not with mem hungry algos.

I smell a scam.

I think its obvious that English isn't OP's first language.  If I understand what he said correctly, this is a pic of the hardware that they have been using privately for "several years" and that the product he is discussing will be posted at a later date.  Kind of hard to label something a scam without a detailed product announcement.  What I do know though is that its only a matter of time before we do see something like this sold at a lower price point.  Sooner or later someone who has been privately mining with FPGAs will see the writing on the wall and realize the first company to come to market with something that is more powerful than a GPU and more versatile than an ASIC will make a large windfall.
nsummy

Activity: 1179

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 04:29:50 AM

Hello, Guys.

BR

Like Notorious BIG said, you either got a wicked jump shot or you slangin crack rock.....
Suslived

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 07:20:07 AM

Hello, Guys.

-snip-

Not sure if the post makes sense but i can easily imagine Xzibit saying:
"yo dawg, i heard you like custom FPGAs, so we customized your FPGA to make it custom."

Aren't FPGAs already supposed to have less "unused elements and many electronic components that are very expensive" ?

Anyway, seems like Russian are ahead of the game with all these FPGA developments.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 08:50:33 AM

I think its obvious that English isn't OP's first language.  If I understand what he said correctly, this is a pic of the hardware that they have been using privately for "several years" and that the product he is discussing will be posted at a later date.  Kind of hard to label something a scam without a detailed product announcement.  What I do know though is that its only a matter of time before we do see something like this sold at a lower price point.  Sooner or later someone who has been privately mining with FPGAs will see the writing on the wall and realize the first company to come to market with something that is more powerful than a GPU and more versatile than an ASIC will make a large windfall.

It's not mine either.
Just read what he claims.
Using a 2009 released Xilinx FPGA, he claims to get the double hashrate of the current top of the line Xilinx FPGA. Of course, it's half cheaper (so 4 times more efficient for the same price). Seriously ? His FPGA gets 512MB DDR3 while the VCU1525 can get 64GB DDR4. The current custom 1525 with 16GB DDR4 can very very hardly be slower, unless on one side you have idiots releasing crappy bistreams, and on the other side you have a god like dev releasing light speed bitstreams.
I don't think so, therefore I smell a scam.
R0land

Activity: 208
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:36:19 AM

The problem is the bitstream.
I think no dev will publish his bitsream, because there is no guarantee to get dev fee. Why he should do it ?
Maybe a big bounty will help  Grin
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 10:45:11 AM

More info on FPGA's from BBT & OhGodAGirl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dddc9r-xyN4
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: