Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:40:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DIY FPGA Mining rig for any algorithm with fast ROI  (Read 99393 times)
powerload79

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 10:00:00 AM

They took in 15 million from ''batch 1'', and still nobody has a working FPGA. They said I would get my refund this week, and LIED.

Taking £15M in interest free loan and investing it in something with a reasonable yield sounds like a pretty good business model.

#5) The lyra2z bitstream we've developed will be released when boards are shipped. We're actively mining on our (ONE) prototype / development unit.

But these bitstreams could be used for testing by everyone using AWS as 1525 FPGAs are available there. It may not be profitable, and it may get people banned, but it would prove the concept definitively.
If these are ready, why have they not been made available?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
melpheos

Activity: 557
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 12:01:38 PM

Just got an email and I am speechless!

''Our long-awaited FPGA board for cryptocurrency mining is available to order, with expected November delivery for the first batch. Sales are through SQRL.'' From BITTWARE.

This Squirrel company can't even get their 1st batch out from Xilinx! They flat out lied to me/us and said that I/we would be refunded for the 1525. Guess what? NO refund, and now they are putting out a more expensive pre-order together to screw more people over??? Nice Ponzi huh?

Wake up! They took in 15 million from ''batch 1'', and still nobody has a working FPGA. They said I would get my refund this week, and LIED.

Don't even get me started on bitstreams and deadlines. Where are they?

The people behind this should receive jail-time, and very well might. Any lawyers on here?

You can't just take people's money for months and then not deliver.........

Instead of starting to use dangerous words link Ponzi, maybe you could just write an email to xilinx and they will tell you that Senseless business is absolutely real
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 01:13:20 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2018, 01:25:39 PM by senseless

They took in 15 million from ''batch 1'', and still nobody has a working FPGA. They said I would get my refund this week, and LIED.

Taking £15M in interest free loan and investing it in something with a reasonable yield sounds like a pretty good business model.

#5) The lyra2z bitstream we've developed will be released when boards are shipped. We're actively mining on our (ONE) prototype / development unit.

But these bitstreams could be used for testing by everyone using AWS as 1525 FPGAs are available there. It may not be profitable, and it may get people banned, but it would prove the concept definitively.
If these are ready, why have they not been made available?

If you're for real, maybe you should read the first 30 pages of this thread. Just the fact that you think amazon would 'ban us' for using their fpga for mining shows how little you know. Somewhere around page 5 or 10 on this thread I talk about my amazon fpga mining experience. There's already code anyone can compile to mine on amazon.

Looking through your post history seems like a troll alternate account. Please stop trolling.

deepWebRun

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 10:26:39 PM

Just to clear anyone's doubts - got full refund today. I really doubt "scammers" would bother.
COINKING7

Activity: 46

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 11:14:04 PM

Just wanted to provide a link to anyone that wants to file a complaint with the FTC.

Clearly states:
''If you can’t ship within the promised time (or within 30 days if you made no promise), you must
notify the customer of the delay, provide a revised shipment date and explain his right to cancel
and get a full and prompt refund.''

Link:
https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/plain-language/alt051-selling-internet-prompt-delivery-rules.pdf

They haven't provided a revised shipment date. ''Sometime at the end of the year'', or ''In Q4'', isn't a date.

''For definite delays of up to 30 days, you may treat the customer’s silence as agreeing to the
delay. But for longer or indefinite delays — and second and subsequent delays — you must get the
customer’s written, electronic, or verbal consent to the delay. If the customer doesn’t give you his
okay, you must promptly refund all the money the customer paid you without being asked by the
customer.

Looks like they have less than a month to refund EVERYONE'S money BY LAW if they don't give consent.

Also strange that they accepted crypto for payment. I doubt Xilinx accepts crypto, and why would FPGA.land, etc. pay fees to exchange to fiat? Makes you wonder if this money has even been paid to Xilinx. GPU Hoarder said they will likely lose money on the 1st order, so where is the money coming in for this new order? Perhaps from the 1st order? Just speculation, and very odd that 1 day after I bring up laws, people are getting refunds??? Either Xilinx just ''happened'' to refund today or FPGA.land/SQRL held your money all this time. Just opinion....but coincidence? Come on, please!

Know your rights as a consumer. You may even be able to get lost ''wages'' for each day of the delay. I don't know, but a judge would.

And 6k for the new board??? That's ridiculous! A close friend called Bittware about a month ago and was quoted 5k for a bulk order...So, $1000 mark-up, plus a 4% dev fee??? Speechless...

senseless

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 11:42:35 PM

So you ignore the points in my reply to you and continue with more FUD?

The reason for an estimated shipping date is because with this scale of production shipments will be rolling. We're not going to process and get 5000 boards out the door in a single day. They're also not going to all be produced in a single day (assembly, etc). There has been one delay due to components required to build the boards (with evidence indicating possible nefarious intent (competitor buying up components)).

Refunds are being processed. As far as I'm aware we have no refund requests older than 30 days. I've been refunding people for at least 3 weeks. I've processed quite a few -- I have no doubt people are getting refunds because I'm sending them out. That's why you, a lone troll, who's probably not even a customer is complaining.

Maybe I should take a tip out of your book (or foxnews' book)... Who is this coinking7 guy? Does he work for bitmain? I don't know. Some are saying there are a lot of trolls on the forum. Are they funded by bitmain? Did bitmain buy up the components for the board? I don't know. First, all our components are bought up, now there are trolls trying to get people to complain to the FTC.... COINCIDENCE? I don't know. Maybe coinking7 works for fox news? Just speculation, but his troll style is direct from their playbook. I don't know.

GPUHoarder

Activity: 154
Merit: 37

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 12:16:01 AM

Just wanted to provide a link to anyone that wants to file a complaint with the FTC.

Clearly states:
''If you can’t ship within the promised time (or within 30 days if you made no promise), you must
notify the customer of the delay, provide a revised shipment date and explain his right to cancel
and get a full and prompt refund.''

Link:
https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/plain-language/alt051-selling-internet-prompt-delivery-rules.pdf

They haven't provided a revised shipment date. ''Sometime at the end of the year'', or ''In Q4'', isn't a date.

''For definite delays of up to 30 days, you may treat the customer’s silence as agreeing to the
delay. But for longer or indefinite delays — and second and subsequent delays — you must get the
customer’s written, electronic, or verbal consent to the delay. If the customer doesn’t give you his
okay, you must promptly refund all the money the customer paid you without being asked by the
customer.

Looks like they have less than a month to refund EVERYONE'S money BY LAW if they don't give consent.

Also strange that they accepted crypto for payment. I doubt Xilinx accepts crypto, and why would FPGA.land, etc. pay fees to exchange to fiat? Makes you wonder if this money has even been paid to Xilinx. GPU Hoarder said they will likely lose money on the 1st order, so where is the money coming in for this new order? Perhaps from the 1st order? Just speculation, and very odd that 1 day after I bring up laws, people are getting refunds??? Either Xilinx just ''happened'' to refund today or FPGA.land/SQRL held your money all this time. Just opinion....but coincidence? Come on, please!

Know your rights as a consumer. You may even be able to get lost ''wages'' for each day of the delay. I don't know, but a judge would.

And 6k for the new board??? That's ridiculous! A close friend called Bittware about a month ago and was quoted 5k for a bulk order...So, $1000 mark-up, plus a 4% dev fee??? Speechless...

We are very familiar with, and have followed all of this to the best of our ability. We’ve even made Xilinx aware of the same regulations. You should also know that 9/1/2018 was the first day anything was actually late.

The money paid was forwarded to Xilinx. There are press releases about it, and quotes from Xilinx head of Americas sales about their delays. Anyone that reaches out to Xilinx will get the same confirmation from them.

What second order? We have never made a second order of 1525s. If you’re referring to the CVP-13, that’s being offered by Bittware in conjunction with us because they don’t want to take on the cost associated with supporting hundreds of individuals who know nothing about FPGAs. If you are referring to the 1525s for sale now - those are from all the hundreds of refunds we have had to process from our own funds. NO money has been refunded by Xilinx at this point.. I suppose you think all the work to pay support people, develop bitstreams, and process shipments and order fulfillment + accounting and taxes is free as well? There are less than 400 boards in the group buy for the CVP-13, your pricing is flat out wrong, and our “profit” from that is barely enough to cover one support persons costs + real handling costs.

You sir are the reason this space is so toxic. If you have any legitimate issues to discuss I am happy to discuss them, but from my experience you don’t have any actual grievances that can be remedied - you simply aim to sow discontent and stir up anger and strife in the community. Hundreds of people will happily confirm both the legitimacy of our business and our participation in this group buy, as well as the very real business relationships and payments we have made for these sales.
rem26

Activity: 78

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:21:35 AM

Wow, I can't believe the FUD here.

For what it's worth, I am waiting for my bcus like everyone else.  I spent a week at a non mining trade show with some of xilinxs top engineers.  The BCU is real, and it's coming.

Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:34:30 AM

Rule #1 on this forum:  Don't believe anything a newbie account has to say unless it can be independently verified by a trusted member.

Rule #2:  Always do your own research.

Rule #3: Ignore FUD and other emotional outbursts (see the previous Rules^).
Manojdaran

Activity: 127
Merit: 1

http://fpgadeck.com/

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 02:13:04 AM

Rule #1 on this forum:  Don't believe anything a newbie account has to say unless it can be independently verified by a trusted member.

#Bitcointalk should stick this to the first page  Smiley Smiley Wink Grin

FPGA Mining Paradise - FPGA Deck http://fpgadeck.com/
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:37:42 AM

Indeed. I trust Seneseless, insofar as I trust anyone on an anonymous webboard, because of his account here. That said, I'm not one of the buyers, just having followed most of this wave of FPGA, if I was going to order it'd likely be from him (again, not an endorsement, just an opinion).

Most of this is just blowback and fear as a result of the Dwarf FPGA scam.
cryptolumos

Activity: 69
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:45:26 AM

Going to be funny seeing the COINKINGS of the world begging and pleading to get their hands on the tech once it is released. Very much looking forward to my bcus and acorns. Keep up the hard word @GPUhoarder & the rest of the team.
whitefire990 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 166
Merit: 84

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:51:56 AM

Going to be funny seeing the COINKINGS of the world begging and pleading to get their hands on the tech once it is released. Very much looking forward to my bcus and acorns. Keep up the hard word @GPUhoarder & the rest of the team.

Indeed, by December, it is likely that there will be an incredible shortage of these FPGA cards, and those who were strong enough to stay the course will probably be selling their boards for double the amount they paid for them.

COINKING7

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:14:18 AM

I will try to address everyone.

First and foremost, how is Federal Law = FUD?

Now, I will address Senseless. I didn't ignore your points, but I will answer them now.

#1) Many people have working FPGA, including me.
---Of course you do, you are part of the bulk order. If someone helps put together a 5,000 unit bulk order worth millions, of course Xilinx will send you a demo or two.
Are you saying some people from batch 1 have received their 1525?

#2) This was a group buy with Xilinx supplying the products. The delay in shipping was due to component acquisition problems on Xilinx's end.
---Don't shift blame. You should have had a back-up plan. Own your mistakes.

#3) Refunds are being processed. It will take time.
---That's good, but there are deadlines by law. I'm not pulling my information out of thin air. Federal law is Federal law.

#4) The sales for the CVP-13 board was another group buy for bittware hardware. (bittware is doing the production / fabrication there)
---Are you saying you/David/Zetheron/Mineority are not involved in this bulk order?

#5) The lyra2z bitstream we've developed will be released when boards are shipped. We're actively mining on our (ONE) prototype / development unit
---Whitefire said that a much more profitable bitstream would be available Aug. 11th if I recall correctly. Where is it?

---Sorry if your competitor bought your components. That is not our fault. Again, don't shift blame and have a back-up plan.

---I did buy the Xilinx product you offered. I mine with GPU's for a living. Sold a lot of GPU's to get this product in August. Now sitting on my hands, wondering if you are going to
pay my lost wages after 8/31? Whitefire advertised $20-$50 per day...

---Don't work for Bitmain. Just an American trying to buy American, but got screwed. I have the receipt if you want to see it.

---Not 1 person from your outfit has taken ownership and just apologized.

On to GPUhoarder.

---You are absolutely right. You have 26 days to deliver the 1525 without any FTC repercussions.

---Yes, referring to the CVP order. Christian from Bittware said $5,000 max with all the bells and whistles. He actually said probably less with a large group buy.
If you are breaking even or losing money on this endeavor, god bless you and your 4%, 24/7 dev fee on all units. Thousands of dollars a day to pay your programmers,
accountants, taxes, etc.

---Yes anger. Bottom line you didn't deliver, and no one is man enough to take responsibility.

To Elder.

---Threats to censor negative online reviews/feedback are prohibited by the FTC. Look it up.

Let's go by the law, not FUD fella's...
senseless

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:32:55 AM
Last edit: September 05, 2018, 03:44:14 AM by senseless

I will try to address everyone.

First and foremost, how is Federal Law = FUD?

Now, I will address Senseless. I didn't ignore your points, but I will answer them now.

#1) Many people have working FPGA, including me.
---Of course you do, you are part of the bulk order. If someone helps put together a 5,000 unit bulk order worth millions, of course Xilinx will send you a demo or two.
Are you saying some people from batch 1 have received their 1525?

#2) This was a group buy with Xilinx supplying the products. The delay in shipping was due to component acquisition problems on Xilinx's end.

#3) Refunds are being processed. It will take time.
---That's good, but there are deadlines by law. I'm not pulling my information out of thin air. Federal law is Federal law.

#4) The sales for the CVP-13 board was another group buy for bittware hardware. (bittware is doing the production / fabrication there)
---Are you saying you/David/Zetheron/Mineority are not involved in this bulk order?

#5) The lyra2z bitstream we've developed will be released when boards are shipped. We're actively mining on our (ONE) prototype / development unit
---Whitefire said that a much more profitable bitstream would be available Aug. 11th if I recall correctly. Where is it?

---Sorry if your competitor bought your components. That is not our fault. Again, don't shift blame and have a back-up plan.

---I did buy the Xilinx product you offered. I mine with GPU's for a living. Sold a lot of GPU's to get this product in August. Now sitting on my hands, wondering if you are going to

---Don't work for Bitmain. Just an American trying to buy American, but got screwed. I have the receipt if you want to see it.

---Not 1 person from your outfit has taken ownership and just apologized.

On to GPUhoarder.

---You are absolutely right. You have 26 days to deliver the 1525 without any FTC repercussions.

---Yes, referring to the CVP order. Christian from Bittware said $5,000 max with all the bells and whistles. He actually said probably less with a large group buy.
If you are breaking even or losing money on this endeavor, god bless you and your 4%, 24/7 dev fee on all units. Thousands of dollars a day to pay your programmers,
accountants, taxes, etc.

---Yes anger. Bottom line you didn't deliver, and no one is man enough to take responsibility.

To Elder.

---Threats to censor negative online reviews/feedback are prohibited by the FTC. Look it up.

Let's go by the law, not FUD fella's...

Please PM me your order number and associated details for confirmation. I'll get your refund out to you ASAP. I don't want you as a customer.

The FUD is in your delivery, in making the assumption that refunds weren't being given and that we haven't been diligent in our handling of the operations.

I think you're making incorrect assumptions about how things are operating. Whitefire is completely independent from the BCU sales. His bitstreams and releases are his prerogative. It would be like if you were angry at AMD because claymore was late / delayed in releasing software. The only bitstreams we talked about on the sales page were lyra2z and cn7, We're (Allmine) working on the lyra2z and gpuhoarder (SQRL) is working on the cn7. We (allmine) are also working on additional bitstreams that will be announced in the future. Any other bitstreams other than those allmine or sqrl have advertised are completely independent of the BCU and associated sales.

I'm well aware of the law of refund sales. Take note that my account is from 2011. You're talking to someone who had significant purchases with BFL, bAsic, hashfast and others.

With regards to the apology, I guess if a tree falls in the woods and you don't hear it, it didn't happen? It seems a lack of information surrounds a lot of your posts. I know I've apologized at least once in discord.

Edit: You should look up the salary for a phd EE with a decade+ of RTL experience. Assuming that all 5000 fpga are mining on our (allmine) bitstreams. The 4% fee would barely cover continued development for our small team. There won't even be enough boards for any profit until after batch 2.

COINKING7

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:42:22 AM

To everyone that's reading, I had to beg for my refund for 2 weeks. They lied and said I would have it last week.
senseless

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:44:34 AM

To everyone that's reading, I had to beg for my refund for 2 weeks. They lied and said I would have it last week.

You still have yet to PM me any of your info. Troll (I say troll because, if you wanted support, you would have PM'd me -- It seems getting your issue resolved isn't your goal).

greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:45:10 AM

Rest of your points aside, seems like you want them to own their mistakes AND yours. "You should have a back up plan". Whether or not they broke the law or plan to break it, if this is your living and you took a huge risk by buying a bunch of hardware from a bunch of anonymous people online? If you were to get scammed, the legal responsibility is their's OF COURSE, but not your loss of income; they didn't tell you to sell part of your income to buy their product. That was the risk you chose to take, and if you don't have a back up plan that's on you, not them, just like if they don't make delivery or refund people in the legally defined reasonable amount of time, that's on them.

(Not defending or attacking either you or them, just pointing out a flaw in logic)
COINKING7

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:56:09 AM

Rest of your points aside, seems like you want them to own their mistakes AND yours. "You should have a back up plan". Whether or not they broke the law or plan to break it, if this is your living and you took a huge risk by buying a bunch of hardware from a bunch of anonymous people online? If you were to get scammed, the legal responsibility is their's OF COURSE, but not your loss of income; they didn't tell you to sell part of your income to buy their product. That was the risk you chose to take, and if you don't have a back up plan that's on you, not them, just like if they don't make delivery or refund people in the legally defined reasonable amount of time, that's on them.

(Not defending or attacking either you or them, just pointing out a flaw in logic)

Finally, someone with a brain. I respect your opinion. Never blamed anyone for selling my GPU's, however Whitefire told me he is trying to sell all his, because FPGA is the way. They are all related...guilty by association.

Got my refund. Just had to throw a fit to get it.

And yes, I want someone to man up and say sorry, I apologize.

senseless

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:57:56 AM

Finally, someone with a brain. I respect your opinion. Never blamed anyone for selling my GPU's, however Whitefire told me he is trying to sell all his, because FPGA is the way. They are all related...guilty by association.

Got my refund. Just had to throw a fit to get it.

And yes, I want someone to man up and say sorry, I apologize.

How did you get your refund? I'm still waiting for details!

Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: