Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 07:55:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DIY FPGA Mining rig for any algorithm with fast ROI  (Read 99426 times)
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 03:49:44 PM

lmao @ secret algorithms vs "FPGA for the people"

oh the irony
whitefire990 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 166
Merit: 84

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 09:49:40 PM

We got permission from the microbitcoin dev team to produce a public bitstream for the upcoming fork of the coin.  This fork will kick off the G28 asics and still support GPU's and FPGA's.  Good news for FPGA acceptance, and other coins are also slowly embracing them.

The new Bridgelink X1 FPGA card ($549) is showing incredible results in testing, and looks to have an ROI of about 290-330 days in the current market.

ZafotheNinja

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 03:42:42 AM

So reading through some of the pages I have seen some interest in "Group Buys" in which several people would buy their cards at the same time to get a bulk discount.

Are there any group buys in which you can put forward x dollars to buy a card and get a percentage of the mined coins after electricity based on how much you put forward?

If nothing like this exists, I am willing to host this kind of group buy. This would allow people who don't have or don't want to drop $3500+ on a card and get a bit of proof it works before investing heavily.

If 5+ people here are interested, I'll get a system set up so we can get mining!
COINKING7

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 03:54:24 AM

https://store.mineority.io/

Mineority couldn't make it. Sorry for anyone that signed with them.

Squirrels, FPGA.land, Zetheron will be next. They are all connected.

Anyone that hasn't got their refund for the 1525's, better hurry. They all are probably bleeding out.

Too bad the little guys can't compete with Bitmain, etc. Check out the F1 FPGA miners. Clearly looks like Bitmain.

12 algos to choose from....not waiting on 1 dude to come out with a stream at double the price for a unit.

"Clearly looks like Bitmain" - Because they're from China?

Interface looks like Bitmain. Ever owned one?
whitefire990 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 04:54:03 AM

Anyone that hasn't got their refund for the 1525's, better hurry. They all are probably bleeding out.

Too bad the little guys can't compete with Bitmain, etc. Check out the F1 FPGA miners. Clearly looks like Bitmain.

12 algos to choose from....not waiting on 1 dude to come out with a stream at double the price for a unit.

"Clearly looks like Bitmain" - Because they're from China?

Interface looks like Bitmain. Ever owned one?

Blackminer F1 fpga miner does look and operate similar to most asic miners including Baikal and Innosilicon ones.  They all look and operate similarly for good reason, it's a form factor that works for readily available 120mm fans, and the ethernet/remote setup works well.  The blackminer guys have nothing to do with any of the asic companies.  They are nice guys and have even offered to open up their hardware for other developers, although most of the other fpga developers are far too busy at the moment.  I know several people with F1's in hand and they are all happy.  Technically I'm competing against them with my own software but the competition is friendly.

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3864
Merit: 5037

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 05:35:40 AM

So reading through some of the pages I have seen some interest in "Group Buys" in which several people would buy their cards at the same time to get a bulk discount.

Are there any group buys in which you can put forward x dollars to buy a card and get a percentage of the mined coins after electricity based on how much you put forward?

If nothing like this exists, I am willing to host this kind of group buy. This would allow people who don't have or don't want to drop $3500+ on a card and get a bit of proof it works before investing heavily.

If 5+ people here are interested, I'll get a system set up so we can get mining!

LOL, N00bs offering group buys!

We've never seen that one before!

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
BittWareMarcus

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 06:42:53 AM

BittWare CVP-13 update (will also post a new thread for longer announcement): the initial production boards arrived mid-November at BittWare and we began shipping boards to Squirrels on Nov. 30th.

The boards are performing well; we have a video showing a water-cooled CVP-13 running at 320a FPGA core power at the SC18 show: https://youtu.be/3AEoTxVuDFQ
We are seeing whitefire's crypto loads running at even higher core power--check the Zetheron site for more performance details.
ZafotheNinja

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 12:47:04 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2018, 01:17:36 PM by ZafotheNinja

-snip-

Quite so! If you read it again you will see that first I asked if one of these "Crowd Funding Buys" even existed, then if not I would be willing to start one. And yes, I realise that my post count is not in the thousands and that basically nobody here knows me. Didn't seem like a reason not to offer something that could open the doors of FPGA mining to a lot of people.

The way I see it, there are people here who would like to FPGA mine but either don't have thousands to invest in a card right now or think it is too risky for that kind of investment. What I propose is a lower entry point. If you are saving up to get a card, why not collaborate with others who are doing the same? So instead of money sitting under the mattress, it is actually mining and making money back.

Potentially, you could invest a couple hundred, instead of thousands, and then in a few years be able to get a dedicated card at a fraction of the price. (Re-investing any coins mined back into the system and letting them just grow there till you can get a dedicated card.) Or, you could keep adding more money as you have it till you can get a dedicated card, plus whatever coins you mined in the meantime. (Or get a dedicated card faster using the coins)

Risk: Trust a "Noob"
Reward: The ability to risk less money and still try FPGA mining or possibly to put money to work that would otherwise be sitting idle as you saved up for a card.

If you feel the need to bail after the card/s are bought, no problem! I, or we collectively will buy your shares of the card and you get your money back.
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 04:42:14 PM

Does anybody have any number for how kekack800 would run compared to regular kekack? I'm not picky about the hardware.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
whitefire990 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 04:51:42 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

-snip-

Quite so! If you read it again you will see that first I asked if one of these "Crowd Funding Buys" even existed, then if not I would be willing to start one. And yes, I realise that my post count is not in the thousands and that basically nobody here knows me. Didn't seem like a reason not to offer something that could open the doors of FPGA mining to a lot of people.

The way I see it, there are people here who would like to FPGA mine but either don't have thousands to invest in a card right now or think it is too risky for that kind of investment. What I propose is a lower entry point. If you are saving up to get a card, why not collaborate with others who are doing the same? So instead of money sitting under the mattress, it is actually mining and making money back.

Potentially, you could invest a couple hundred, instead of thousands, and then in a few years be able to get a dedicated card at a fraction of the price. (Re-investing any coins mined back into the system and letting them just grow there till you can get a dedicated card.) Or, you could keep adding more money as you have it till you can get a dedicated card, plus whatever coins you mined in the meantime. (Or get a dedicated card faster using the coins)

Risk: Trust a "Noob"
Reward: The ability to risk less money and still try FPGA mining or possibly to put money to work that would otherwise be sitting idle as you saved up for a card.

If you feel the need to bail after the card/s are bought, no problem! I, or we collectively will buy your shares of the card and you get your money back.

It's an interesting idea, but you could also just buy a $549 Bridgelink X1 FPGA card that has (at the moment) about 290-330 day ROI and experience FPGA mining with hardware in your hands.

OurManInHavana

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 05:24:14 PM

It's an interesting idea, but you could also just buy a $549 Bridgelink X1 FPGA card that has (at the moment) about 290-330 day ROI and experience FPGA mining with hardware in your hands.

You're such a tease: even the DwarfMiner guy gave us photos and youtube videos to try to back up his claims Smiley . I'm waiting for SQRL to finally get all BCUs in the field... so they can let things settle for a few weeks: the have a fire sale on the remaining 1000 BCUs in Jan 2019.  Crossing my fingers and toes!
ZafotheNinja

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 07:46:22 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2018, 08:13:02 PM by ZafotheNinja

-snip-

Has the Bridgelink released yet? Link?

At this point it is planning stages, gauging interest, if nobody else wants to crowd fund a card then I will probably get a bridgelink and start mining that way. What is the current ROI on a BCU1525? I saw a post a few pages back offering a few no ram versions for $3350 each.

You're such a tease: even the DwarfMiner guy gave us photos and youtube videos to try to back up his claims Smiley . I'm waiting for SQRL to finally get all BCUs in the field... so they can let things settle for a few weeks: the have a fire sale on the remaining 1000 BCUs in Jan 2019.  Crossing my fingers and toes!

You can find videos on the first few pages of this thread as well as on the Zetheron website here: http://zetheron.com/index.php/downloads/

I designed an air duct for use with open air cases that can be 3d printed. It will mount to a 120mm fan and sit the BCU inside of it. This should work for VCUs as well but the power header on the vcus is facing the top not the back so it wouldn't be ideal.

STL File: https://dead.link/
OBJ Files: https://dead.link/

Any updates on this, pics of it in use? The links are dead.
xs.over

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 08:12:05 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2018, 09:57:28 PM by xs.over

and looks to have an ROI of about 290-330 days in the current market.
All these profit/ROI estimations are useless. We are clearly remember advertised earnings/roi level of vcu/bcu1525 back in May-Jun, a lot of gullible people fell for those beautiful numbers and spend tons of money.
Nowadays fpga mining hardware market is flooded. vcu/bcu1525 owners barely seeing $5-6/day income, this is 2+ year roi atm. And bcu1525 profit for sure will be more and more cannibalized by cvp13, and all other upcoming fpga boards. And we are not even taking into account probability of algo forking on big altcoins
It reminds me how ASIC manufacturers advertising their new devices.
Showing current profit level, not taking into account growth of network hash rate and difficulty, which are skyrocket after the manufacturer ships thousands of brand new devices to customers. After a few months these devices barely cover electricity cost and become doorstoppers.
I want to repeat: nowadays mainly only miming hardware manufacturers and hardware resellers earn money in crypto mining  sphere.
This is a game where  miners will always lose, doesn't matter what kind of hardware: ASICs, FPGA or any other specialized hw
In near time we'll see more and more coins forks with asic, fpga resistant algos.
m5

Activity: 82

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 08:53:58 PM

Nowadays fpga mining hardware market is flooded. vcu/bcu1525 owners barely seeing $5-6/day income, this is 2+ year roi atm. And bcu1525 profit for sure will be more and more cannibalized by cvp13, and all other upcoming fpga boards. And we are not even taking into account probability of algo forking on big altcoins
Why do you think CVP-13 would cannibalize VCU/BCU earnings? The price/performance ratio is almost the same (+/- 30%).
whitefire990 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 09:50:28 PM

I agree ROI calculations are useless which is why I always precede with 'ROI at today's market would be...'

Currently the most profitable algorithm on BCU makes $11 per day:
http://zetheron.com/index.php/fpga-performance-profit/

CVP-13 won't cannibalize much because most CVP owners will mine RB3 which isn't available on any other card.

I will post photos of the bridgelink X1 once I have permission to.  Unlike other sketchy companies bridgelink wants their card fully tested and ready to order before being officially announced.  I helped in the design to eliminate unnecessary components and keep price as low as possible, and the result has been good. 

xs.over

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 10:07:58 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2018, 08:56:51 PM by xs.over

Why do you think CVP-13 would cannibalize VCU/BCU earnings? The price/performance ratio is almost the same (+/- 30%).
Because there are not that many algorithms coins that can be mined only on cvp13 and can sustain a thousand of these devices.
board based on dual arria 10  (comparable with bcu1525 by logic resources and  performance at a half price) is coming to market very soon. so bcu1525 owners are already loose 2x in terms of hash cost

Currently the most profitable algorithm on BCU makes $11 per day:
this is a tricky example because only a few hundreds fpga bords mining these algorithms atm. almost all BCU1525 units are on lyra2z bitstream with 3 bucks/day income
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 10:36:33 PM

and looks to have an ROI of about 290-330 days in the current market.
All these profit/ROI estimations are useless. We are clearly remember advertised earnings/roi level of vcu/bcu1525 back in May-Jun, a lot of gullible people fell for those beautiful numbers and spend tons of money.
It reminds me how ASIC manufacturers advertising their new devices.
Showing current profit level, not taking into account growth of network hash rate and difficulty, which are skyrocket after the manufacturer ships thousands of brand new devices to customers. After a few months these devices barely cover electricity cost and become doorstoppers.
I want to repeat: nowadays mainly only miming hardware manufacturers and hardware resellers earn money in crypto mining  sphere.
This is a game where  miners will always lose, doesn't matter what kind of hardware: ASICs, FPGA or any other specialized hw
In near time we'll see more and more coins forks with asic, fpga resistant algos.

Don’t you come talking sense in here. /s. Trust me they don’t want to hear it or maybe they don’t want others to hear. Hmmmm. Anyway appreciate your post it’s spot on.  It’s game over except for manufacturers and their buddies. I called it out early on but it always seems to fall on deaf ears.  I bet they wish I’d just lost money tucked tail and ran.  Nope. I’m gonna make sure they get heir money’s worth from me!

BR

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
Lunga Chung

Activity: 277
Merit: 23

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 10:41:55 PM

CVP-13 won't cannibalize much because most CVP owners will mine RB3 which isn't available on any other card.

which coins are on RB2,3 and 4 anyway?
WillJ7

Activity: 32
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 12:04:06 AM

From the discord most of the BCUs got shipped, so I don't understand that sensence about refunds...

Hmmm. I'm not reading discord.  But they haven't shipped my order from June 7th yet.  Originally supposed to ship in September.  Guess I'm not part of the "most" group.

Just got my 2 BCU's.  Also ordered early in June, but opted for the waterblock version, not realizing what a delay that might cause.  So thank you Senseless, this wasn't a scam, didn't think it ever was.  I am going to say that FPGALand/Mineority/AllMine/Squirrels back and forth got very confusing.  Customers want to deal with one face, one company.
roc-noc

Activity: 95
Merit: 4

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 03:19:58 AM

From the discord most of the BCUs got shipped, so I don't understand that sensence about refunds...

Hmmm. I'm not reading discord.  But they haven't shipped my order from June 7th yet.  Originally supposed to ship in September.  Guess I'm not part of the "most" group.

Just got my 2 BCU's.  Also ordered early in June, but opted for the waterblock version, not realizing what a delay that might cause.  So thank you Senseless, this wasn't a scam, didn't think it ever was.  I am going to say that FPGALand/Mineority/AllMine/Squirrels back and forth got very confusing.  Customers want to deal with one face, one company.

I have 4 on order with no special cooling.  It sounds like Senseless is supporting customers much better than SQRL.  I have asked several times and they are always waiting for Xilinx to ship.  Sad

Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: