Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:52:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cramming so many cards on to one mobo, space the only real advantage??  (Read 372 times)
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 25, 2013, 04:13:32 PM

When there are so many nice cpu coins these days to make money on there is no real reason to cram 7 x 7950 on one mobo

a lot cheaper mobo
a lot lot cheaper psu  - under half price for some 750 watt ones.

Yeah ram and hd cost a little bit but really in terms of price and electricity but small ssd drive take hardly any power now, 3 cards each with a i5 or i7 can easily and i mean easily pay back any slight extra you pay out on that.  A few extra i5 or i7 put early on a cpu coin is well worth having extra machines around. Also even left constantly mining  they will more than pay their electricity over cpu just on for powering gpus.

I see no reason except space saving now to really cram so many gpu on one build. I'm just going to throw up more rigs with more cpu capacity from now on.   

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: