Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 08:41:45 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC to receive bounty rewards.  (Read 762 times)
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:13:54 AM

i do not want KYC to have in any bounties for myself, though we dont have a choice as most of the great bounties now required it.
sharing information with crypto community is not a good idea but this is what we are having now.
done 3 KYC already since i joined here.
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:20:09 AM

In my opinion, most times, I do not think kyc is important to claim rewards from bounties. The most annoying part is that, some projects do not talk about kyc until after the hunters must have finished doing their work, the project now announces kyc. That is not good. Projects are to announce this before the hunters start promotion.

At the other hand too, kyc is good too to eliminate multiple accounts
This is like treating your KYC as a ransom and redeeming your bounty. Anyway this is unpleasant. Why is it not specified at the very beginning of the bounty campaign?

I've had this too with Globitex bounty (the worse bounty I've ever had to deal with).
At first, it was specified that they did not need reports, and no mention of KYC.
At the end of the bounty, they changed and asked for both reports and KYC.
They also reduced the total allocation by 1/4 of the originally announced reserved funds, as well as changed the allocations between different bounties.
What should have brought me at least $2k (at ICO price) was only 300$ worth of tokens...

prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:24:18 AM

I just passing by in the Bounties(Altcoins) section to find some good project and participate to one of their campaign and there's one campaign I've visited and asking for KYC in order to receive the bounty reward.
Actually I've seen someone asking in the meta section about this topic but I forgot where was it.

Well I will just going to give my opinions about here in the altcoins section because I know most of the participants of the bounty programs are posting here.

KYC (Know Your Customer)
A KYC (Know Your Customer) is used to ensure that the people who're going to invest to a project are qualified for example they have a record about criminality, immigrants, etc. then they will not going to allow you to invest in their project,  This was used to review the investor and make sure they credibility of the investor and also KYC is used to fight money laundering.

Now let's go back to the topic. I've seen some bounty programs that's asking for KYC documents in order to receive bounty I don't think it's necessary to ask KYC Documents from the bounty participants because:

1. They don't Invest in the project.
2. There's no need to ask for the credibility of the user for promoting their project.

However I've seen some people are still participating in the bounty program, I just want to know you the risk you're about to face when you submit a KYC document to a untrusted project/program:

• They may use your details to fraud.
• You may be accused for something that you didn't do.
• Identity Theft
• Etc.

Well all in the KYC documents are your personal information and It can be used to different illegal things. But after all it's the decision of the participant if he/she's going to submit KYC or not. I just want you to be aware guys that you should be responsible for choosing what program/project you're going to join.

PS. I didn't say that the bounty project that's asking for KYC is scam or any fraud related, I suggest to study the project itself first as well as the team behind that.... and the reason why they need your KYC document for participating in their bounty program.

I have been there. It is an uncomfortable situation. in the end i went ahead and did the KYC, I researched about the company which is performing it and it checked  out. Since the KYC companies are the real data holders not the ICO project ( except when ICO decides to do it by them self which is shady), i felt okay with that. Also the project was quite reputable and it has been top10o ever since.

I also would recommend to be cautions and do your diligence.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
sateyaam

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:33:43 AM

to be honest I support the use of kyc for investors not for bounty hunter .kyc for bounty hunters  in my opinion is very troublesome because I think it is very dangerous because we send our personal identity, I am afraid the identity will be misused
elisabetheva

Activity: 1708
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:27:47 PM

i do not want KYC to have in any bounties for myself, though we dont have a choice as most of the great bounties now required it.
sharing information with crypto community is not a good idea but this is what we are having now.

since the existence of KYC I also experienced a bounty requires, but previously not informed before the start of bounty, but after the new information is given and I reject it, and I am including who always avoid when there KYC.
duoduoshigexiaozhu

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:36:43 PM

since the existence of KYC I also experienced a bounty requires, but previously not informed before the start of bounty, but after the new information is given and I reject it, and I am including who always avoid when there KYC.
It is because many KYC rules are announced after the bounty campaign is over. I think that for current bounty campaigns, bounty hunters should unite if a project does not clearly define whether KYC is needed at the outset. We should boycott this campaign until they have made a clear commitment.

maxim4eg123

Activity: 273
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:40:50 PM

I do not like KYC at all. It is dangerous to meet with fraudulent ICOs. They will have all of our important information and documents. And maybe they will sell it for some reason Angry
hastag_80

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:46:10 PM

I just passing by in the Bounties(Altcoins) section to find some good project and participate to one of their campaign and there's one campaign I've visited and asking for KYC in order to receive the bounty reward.
Actually I've seen someone asking in the meta section about this topic but I forgot where was it.

Well I will just going to give my opinions about here in the altcoins section because I know most of the participants of the bounty programs are posting here.

KYC (Know Your Customer)
A KYC (Know Your Customer) is used to ensure that the people who're going to invest to a project are qualified for example they have a record about criminality, immigrants, etc. then they will not going to allow you to invest in their project,  This was used to review the investor and make sure they credibility of the investor and also KYC is used to fight money laundering.

Now let's go back to the topic. I've seen some bounty programs that's asking for KYC documents in order to receive bounty I don't think it's necessary to ask KYC Documents from the bounty participants because:

2. There's no need to ask for the credibility of the user for promoting their project.

However I've seen some people are still participating in the bounty program, I just want to know you the risk you're about to face when you submit a KYC document to a untrusted project/program:

• Identity Theft
• Etc.

Well all in the KYC documents are your personal information and It can be used to different illegal things. But after all it's the decision of the participant if he/she's going to submit KYC or not. I just want you to be aware guys that you should be responsible for choosing what program/project you're going to join.

PS. I didn't say that the bounty project that's asking for KYC is scam or any fraud related, I suggest to study the project itself first as well as the team behind that.... and the reason why they need your KYC document for participating in their bounty program.

Definetly i 100% aggree all of your implication or statement about this happen in the bounty programs that in order to get your bounty rewards,you must past a kyc information of yourself that supposedly not a proper way,because someday this kyc thats we pass may we used against to ourself.actually i hate this kind of implementation of some ICO project development,but in order to get  those  rewards of my works in bounty participation,we must follow there rules even its not beat to our heart to do this kind of  implementation.

Trade Pharma Network     │  New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
[   PRIVATE SALE   ]      │      WHITEPAPER
Linkedin        ⚫ Facebook        ⚫ Twitter        ⚫ Telegram
mrcastelo

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:48:52 PM

I also dont like the Idea of KYC  for bounty hunters because they might use my  personal documents to fraud or identity theft. But KYC for investors is good so that it will lessen the use of crypto for money laundering purposes.
elisabetheva

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:56:59 PM

It is because many KYC rules are announced after the bounty campaign is over. I think that for current bounty campaigns, bounty hunters should unite if a project does not clearly define whether KYC is needed at the outset. We should boycott this campaign until they have made a clear commitment.

agree with your opinion, but it must be a common courage to support each other that it has lied to the participants of bounty campaign, hoping this can give each other information.
GreenPowerRanger

Activity: 223

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:02:36 PM

I think know your customer services are totally unecessary! And i think if theres a Know your customers process for bounty hunters, this should be clear written on the first line in the bounty campaign thread. Otherwise its not permissible. Because i personally would never ever participate in a bounty campaign where a know your customer process will be needed. So boycot bountys with kyc or it will become standart in the future.
BitcoinVSfiat

Activity: 672
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:04:22 PM

They should not require KYC for bounty participants. Because bounty payments are advertisement costs. Do you require KYC for a TV channel or newspaper you want to advertise? That makes no sense. Everybody should protest KYC requirement for bounties. I don't join any of them.
morkovka23

Activity: 123
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:08:14 PM

yes, this is a good measure of control and it is justified, I have more confidence in the project when there is a KYC)

Quincy01

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:11:25 PM

To be candid about this, I was not comfortable at first when I was asked of KYC as a bounty hunter because I thought KYC is for only those who are contributing or investing for the project, but I had no choice than to give my information in other to receive the reward for my hard word. In conclusion, I really think KYC should not be used for bounty hunters, I am totally not in support of it for bounty programs.
elisabetheva

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:14:00 PM

I also dont like the Idea of KYC  for bounty hunters because they might use my  personal documents to fraud or identity theft. But KYC for investors is good so that it will lessen the use of crypto for money laundering purposes.

If such an opinion I strongly agree, that for the bounty hunters certainly do not need to be obliged to KYC, because after all the identity is very secret and the possibility to be misused can happen and who can to control it.
if as an investor may be required and appropriate for avoiding financial misuse.
shaheer001

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 02:44:55 PM

You are absolutely right,KYC should be for only big investor not small investor neither for bounty hunters. But unfortunately almost all bounties now want to pass KYC. which i think illegal.

oioi

Activity: 355

A p e S w a p ///$BANANA Farms

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:52:47 PM

Actually I've seen someone asking in the meta section about the this but I forgot where was it.

KYC (Know Your Customer)
A KYC (Know Your Customer) is used to ensure that the people who're going to invest to a project are qualified for example they have a record about criminality, immigrants, etc. This was used to review the investor and make sure they're credibility and also KYC is used to fight money laundering.

• Etc.

Well all in the KYC documents are your personal information and It can be used to different illegal things. But after all it's the decision of the participant if he/she's going to submit KYC or not. I just want to be aware guys that you should be responsible for choosing what program/project you're going to join.

this is absolutely right, I also wonder why recently many ICOs are applying KYC to bounty participants, maybe someone knows the reason about this? it makes me more careful in choosing a project because I don't want my personal documents to be misused

which is obvious with the KYC for those who participate in the prize program to avoid
double accounts following the rewards program, so no greedy words by following KYC
we can only follow one non-twist account with multiple accounts.

A p e S w a p    ///    $BANANA Farms    |    $BANANA Pools    |    ApeSwap Exchange    ///
                                                     Stake now for over 900% APR!                                                    
⦁    TWITTER    ⦁    TELEGRAM GROUP    ⦁    MEDIUM    ⦁    TELEGRAM CHANNEL    ⦁    GITHUB    ⦁
mammoniter

Activity: 574

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 03:17:46 PM

Doing KYC verification is removing the essence of decentralized in the cryptocurrency. I can not able to understand why they need a KYC for a bounty or airdrop. Well, some of ICO required a KYC verification for security purpose. But Personally, It is a sign of inapplicable the team about security.

True, if they want to regulate the participants and to avoid spammers there are a lot of ways to do that. Specially if a campaign plans on having a KYC to recieve their bounty rewards then they should have put the rule in the first place instead of surprising the participants at the end of the campaign that would've not join in the bounty if they knew there will be a KYC requirement.

kolrbert

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:34:14 PM

I really do not like kyc for some reason, because I just bounty hunter. why should a bounty hunter like me have to submit my personal data? very dangerous . I really do not agree actually
Evgeniy18582960

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:13:36 PM

Honestly, I do not like KYC because in many of them require to produce personal documents, this is quite dangerous. there are companies with KYC that are scum.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: