Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:28:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [No Coding!] Guide To Mining Protoshare With Windows Azure: Make $50 For Free!  (Read 10798 times)
BitshireHashaway (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 05:52:11 AM

Please donate to me: PqmyVWJtJgb2qudCiDyQvTMo7ibJfWiuvY
Tips are what allow me to create guides like this which have no referral program to back them up!

Hello Everyone,
Welcome to my guide for cloud mining on Windows Server using Windows Azure Free trial. I hope you enjoy. Mining with Windows Azure while paying is not profitable but if you have $200 free, my experience was I made ~$50-60 from the trial in ~1 week. Also, the best part is once you spend the trial money they ask you to upgrade, they don't require you to do anything.

So anyway, go there and sign up for a $200 free trial. With this trial it lasts a month and you have a limit of 20 cores. I personally recommend maxing out all 20 cores so you can get the PTS as fast as possible - especially with how fast difficulty has been going up.

Then once you have it sign up for a Windows 2008 8 core server. You will then get a login link to download. Download it and login in to your virtual server. Once there on the bottom left windows task bar you will see server manager. Go there find internet explorer, and turn security off. Then open up internet explorer (make sure its full screen like a desktop and then hit your start button and it'll be there - you may want to make a desktop shortcut for future use).

Go to ypool.net and if you already have an account sign up or make one. Then follow there how to instructions guide. They'll take it from here - installing the miner on the server is like installing the miner on your normal computer (that's why I recommended Windows 2008 Server as your OS versus Linux I just find it so much easier even though Linux is supposed to be like 5% faster for mining).

Once you have the miner on your desktop or wherever create a shortcut leading to the miner + the necessary code afterwards. You can put this shortcut on your desktop and just double click to start mining.

Then you can close your remote connection (note this does not stop you from mining) and then continue mining. I recommend making 2x 8 core instances and 1x 4 core instance. You can mine until you use up your free trial, collect your ~$50 and then just stop. No further charges for you!

Please donate to me: PqmyVWJtJgb2qudCiDyQvTMo7ibJfWiuvY
Tips are what allow me to create guides like this which have no referral program to back them up!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
96redformula

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 06:01:42 AM

Thanks!
belltown

Activity: 301
Merit: 250

still can't change my profile pic

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 06:44:25 AM

One correction. Make 50% more coins.

If you want to make 50% more coins use Ubuntu machines instead of Windows machines. Azure Windows machines are much more expensive for the same hardware. This is what I do myself.

If you found this helpful you can send part of your donations to PkJZUGQYxASg8h7hQ8gGAqs4Q4avTyg7q2

How I've earned 0.088 BTC for making few forum posts on LetsTalkBitcoin
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=707439.0 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
BitshireHashaway (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 02:58:31 PM

One correction. Make 50% more coins.

If you want to make 50% more coins use Ubuntu machines instead of Windows machines. Azure Windows machines are much more expensive for the same hardware. This is what I do myself.

If you found this helpful you can send part of your donations to PkJZUGQYxASg8h7hQ8gGAqs4Q4avTyg7q2

Do you have any hard evidence to support this? Is Ubuntu the same interface as Windows or do you need to switch to the linux command line - one of the main points of using Windows was its simplicity. I feel like you knew it made more coins (as I pointed out in my guide) so you picked 50% more and then stuck your donation address to the end.
belltown

Activity: 301

still can't change my profile pic

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 03:15:11 PM

Yes, here is the evidence http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/pricing/details/virtual-machines/

Windows A4 (8 core) machine - $0.72 / hr
Linux A4 (8 core) machine - $0.48 / hr

So $200 credit will let you mine 277 hours on 8 core Windows machine and 416 hours on 8 core Linux machine. This is the same hardware, but you will mine 50% longer on Linux, so you'll get 50% more coins.

Unfortunately this is Linux. So yes, you will have to use command line. This is for advanced miners only.

How I've earned 0.088 BTC for making few forum posts on LetsTalkBitcoin
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=707439.0 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
kana

Activity: 183

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:23:24 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2013, 09:42:23 PM by kana

I wonder if I am doing something wrong, I only get .0009 protoshares a block. My setup looks like "jhProtoMiner.exe -o http://ypool.net -u username -p password -t 4 -m512
pause" I am using the A6 and A7 chips.
eon89

Activity: 308
Merit: 292

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 05:27:54 PM

So does this autocharge if you go over and we need to watch it or will it stop when trial finishes?

aeddan1

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 07:03:12 PM

So does this autocharge if you go over and we need to watch it or will it stop when trial finishes?

I'm curious to know this as well.
BitshireHashaway (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 09:11:27 PM

I wonder if I am doing something wrong, I only get .0009 protoshares a block. My setup looks like "jhProtoMiner.exe -o http://ypool.net -u username -p password -t 4 -m512
pause" I am using the A5 and A7 chips.

A5 and A7 chips are what are in Iphones I believe - I think you mean packages. How many Virtual cores do the A5 and A7 each have, that is what your -t should be. Are the miners up and running, how many collisions/minute are you getting. Why do you have pause after -m512.
BitshireHashaway (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 09:12:05 PM

Yes, here is the evidence http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/pricing/details/virtual-machines/

Windows A4 (8 core) machine - $0.72 / hr
Linux A4 (8 core) machine - $0.48 / hr

So $200 credit will let you mine 277 hours on 8 core Windows machine and 416 hours on 8 core Linux machine. This is the same hardware, but you will mine 50% longer on Linux, so you'll get 50% more coins.

Unfortunately this is Linux. So yes, you will have to use command line. This is for advanced miners only.

Fair point - but as you said its more advanced. You should have included the evidence in your original post.
BitshireHashaway (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 09:12:28 PM

It stops when the trial is finished - no over charge, that is one of the best parts!
eon89

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:14:41 PM

It stops when the trial is finished - no over charge, that is one of the best parts!

Oh wow. This is great then!

Lederstrumpf

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:39:19 PM

for the A4 Linux machines, which protominer build should I select from the mega.nz collection?
boymok

Activity: 132

BitCoin

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 10:52:24 PM

i have no credit card Undecided
sva_h4cky0

onore dikeido

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 11:10:37 PM

da** why everything require credit card, i hate bankster  Grin
Suave

Activity: 57

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:35:38 AM

If you have to have a Credit Card on file then you can't make multiple accounts with anonymous names, which makes this completely worthless. Not worth my time to POSSIBLY profit ~$50.
eon89

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 12:37:07 AM

If you have to have a Credit Card on file then you can't make multiple accounts with anonymous names, which makes this completely worthless. Not worth my time to POSSIBLY profit ~$50.

It takes maybe 30 minutes from start to finish. Then you just let it run.

Suave

Activity: 57

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:03:29 AM

Can anyone else confirm that you actually make ~$50? And can you remove your credit card from the account?
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 03:55:26 AM

for the A4 Linux machines, which protominer build should I select from the mega.nz collection?
Choose either "generic" or "barcelona".

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
aeddan1

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 04:32:18 AM

Thanks for the guide! I don't see why everyones complaining about free cryptocoins haha.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: