Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:32:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Mpex.co] The Scientology of Bitcoin Finance?  (Read 27394 times)
kakobrekla

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:29:50 PM

Seriously, what is it you're so butthurt about?

Its obvious. About the fact he failed to open an account when it was 200 bucks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimmothy (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:33:02 PM

I am pretty butthurt about all the pyramid schemes I didn't get involved in early you're right. How early did you get in? How much btc have you made off your recruits?
kakobrekla

Activity: 714

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:33:58 PM

I am pretty butthurt about all the pyramid schemes I didn't get involved in early you're right. How early did you get in? How much btc have you made off your recruits?

22 million.

ex-trader

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:01:41 PM

All revenue from new gamblers = ponzi.

Of course that assumes the new gamblers are even real..........
pascal257

Activity: 493
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:15:31 PM

Mister Popescu thanks all idiots for a whopping BTC1,500 ($1,2m) this month. Keep it coming!
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 08:50:24 PM

For mpex to be worth 1 million btc @ 30% apr it would need to increase profit around 50000% compared to last quarters.

See, there is your problem. Why do you think an investment should earn 30% apr? Especially when it is measured in bitcoins, which tend to be deflationary anyway?

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
pascal257

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:01:54 PM

For mpex to be worth 1 million btc @ 30% apr it would need to increase profit around 50000% compared to last quarters.

See, there is your problem. Why do you think an investment should earn 30% apr? Especially when it is measured in bitcoins, which tend to be deflationary anyway?
Because you need a higher than average apr to accomodate for the ridiculous registration fee. Otherwise it wouldn't be an intelligent investment, even if you overlook the fact that its basicly a pyramid scheme.

Edit: That means that a $100k (125BTC) investment needs a (roughly) 30% apr to get back the registration fee. No satoshi earned here. Just to make it clear.
Peter Lambert

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:05:42 PM

Because you need a higher than average apr to accomodate for the ridiculous registration fee. Otherwise it wouldn't be an intelligent investment, even if you overlook the fact that its basicly a pyramid scheme.

If you don't want to pay the registration fee, you can use CoinBr or another broker.

pascal257

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:08:45 PM

If you don't want to pay the registration fee, you can use CoinBr or another broker.
Should I use your link?
Peter Lambert

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:11:06 PM

Should I use your link?

If you want; it is there for people to use.

pascal257

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:37:15 PM

Should I use your link?

And then also promote that piece of junk? No thanks.

Just out of curiosity, since you're advertising the other popescu money printer, is there a bitbet when mpex/mpoe will collapse?
Peter Lambert

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:36:24 PM

Should I use your link?

And then also promote that piece of junk? No thanks.

Just out of curiosity, since you're advertising the other popescu money printer, is there a bitbet when mpex/mpoe will collapse?

Hey, I figure having the links there does not cost me anything and I might earn some commissions if somebody clicks on them. It is also an experiment to see if anybody ever follows links in my sig, I have had them there a couple months and have not gotten anything from either site yet. Maybe I need to switch them to 72 pt bright red font?

jimmothy (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:15:06 PM

So without any revenue from gamblers does that make mpex literally nothing more than a ponzi scheme?

In case you guys over at #bitcoin assets don't know what a ponzi is here's a nice definition:

Ponzi scheme is a fraudulent investment operation that pays returns to its investors from existing capital or new capital paid by new investors, rather than from profit earned by the individual or organization running the operation. Operators of Ponzi schemes usually entice new investors by offering higher returns than other investments, in the form of short-term returns that are either abnormally high or unusually consistent. The perpetuation of the high returns requires an ever-increasing flow of money from new investors to sustain the scheme.

source: wikipedia

Literally the definition of mpex
MPOE-PR

Merit: 522

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:06:16 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 01:16:48 AM by MPOE-PR

And its not hard to be right every once in a while when you call every project a scam in a market with 95% scams.

Once in a while, eh? Aren't you the little misunderstood hero.

It certainly doesn't take 12btc per month to do that

It takes whatever MP says it takes. This being the difference: nobody asked you a damned thing. At the rate you're going that's never changing, either.

Anyways now that it has been confirmed to be nothing more than a way to move money around without creating any value I think we can let this thread die and the free publicity with it.

Congratulations on having literally destroyed all of Wall Street, its hopes and aspirations thrown into the gutter by the valiant logic of one lonely anon fuckwit. Or did I miss the picture of YOU sitting around at a table with "some people" including the hottest chick on this forum in her 19 inch red heels?

What shall you do next? End poverty? Cure cancer? Stop and think for a minute?

It basically just says that you need to have capital which is a joke because only a year ago it required 200 dollars capital and it now requires 30 grand..

30 BTC is still 30 BTC. What are these "grands" you speak of?

Less butthurt. More confused as to why this recruitment scheme has such a delusional cult following.

What exactly gave you the impression you're being recruited?

This "ponzi" has been here before you, and before him, and before the first actual Bitcoin ponzi even collapsed, or even started.

In fact, this "ponzi" is a good chunk of the actual reason that first ponzi died, at a time when most everyone else was about as clueless as you are today.

You not knowing WHY Bitcoin is worth a lot today doesn't change things around. MPEx is there. You're neither here nor there.

Depends on your volume. If your volume is negligible, then an upfront fee is a big problem. If your volume is significant then the fact MPEx trades at 0.1% average is a major point.

At some point you gotta stop and think about your relative position in the world.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
jimmothy (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:50:23 AM

And its not hard to be right every once in a while when you call every project a scam in a market with 95% scams.

Once in a while, eh? Aren't you the little misunderstood hero.

It certainly doesn't take 12btc per month to do that

It takes whatever MP says it takes. This being the difference: nobody asked you a damned thing. At the rate you're going that's never changing, either.

Anyways now that it has been confirmed to be nothing more than a way to move money around without creating any value I think we can let this thread die and the free publicity with it.

Congratulations on having literally destroyed all of Wall Street, its hopes and aspirations thrown into the gutter by the valiant logic of one lonely anon fuckwit. Or did I miss the picture of YOU sitting around at a table with "some people" including the hottest chick on this forum in her 19 inch red heels?

What shall you do next? End poverty? Cure cancer? Stop and think for a minute?

It basically just says that you need to have capital which is a joke because only a year ago it required 200 dollars capital and it now requires 30 grand..

30 BTC is still 30 BTC. What are these "grands" you speak of?

Less butthurt. More confused as to why this recruitment scheme has such a delusional cult following.

What exactly gave you the impression you're being recruited?

This "ponzi" has been here before you, and before him, and before the first actual Bitcoin ponzi even collapsed, or even started.

In fact, this "ponzi" is a good chunk of the actual reason that first ponzi died, at a time when most everyone else was about as clueless as you are today.

You not knowing WHY Bitcoin is worth a lot today doesn't change things around. MPEx is there. You're neither here nor there.

Depends on your volume. If your volume is negligible, then an upfront fee is a big problem. If your volume is significant then the fact MPEx trades at 0.1% average is a major point.

At some point you gotta stop and think about your relative position in the world.

Serious question: What planet are you from?

I honestly want to believe this is just the greatest and most dedicated attempt at trolling but I think people are actually buying in to the shit you say.

You do realize you are eventually going to have to get a real job? Either when this ponzi implodes due to the free market or when the SEC or similar agency shuts the scheme down for breaking several security laws (being a ponzi is only one of them)
MPOE-PR

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:09:24 AM

Here's some interesting actual data: the original shares were sold through a blind placement. They went for 9085 satoshi on the first round and 2433 satoshi on the 2nd round. Currently the shares trade around 90,000 satoshi. That's a 1000% to 4000% increase over less than two years, and some off the cuff calculation would indicate S.MPOE has generated just about a billion dollars' worth of new wealth for its holders.

Which favorably compares with the sum total of all Bitcoin related ventures, plus all alt-chains, plus everything else. MPEx is, quite simply, the biggest thing that ever happened in this space.

On the other score: MPEx has been humiliating the SEC in public since 2012. Moreover, the DFS itself came to the conclusion that MP's 2012 article on the topic of Bitcoin regulation is both sound and controls the matter. That's right: it took the USG two years of hewing and hawing to finally work up the balls to come out and plainly state "yeah, that MP guy actually knew what's what way before we figured it out, you should probably just listen to him in the future because we're 12 and what is this."

Sooner or later you're going to just learn to deal with it: there are huge things in Bitcoin, whether you agree or not, whether you understand how they work or not. They don't give a shit about you, or your government. Again, whether you agree or not. Such is life.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
jimmothy (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:40:14 AM

Here's some interesting actual data: the original shares were sold through a blind placement. They went for 9085 satoshi on the first round and 2433 satoshi on the 2nd round. Currently the shares trade around 90,000 satoshi. That's a 1000% to 4000% increase over less than two years, and some off the cuff calculation would indicate S.MPOE has generated just about a billion dollars' worth of new wealth for its holders.

Which favorably compares with the sum total of all Bitcoin related ventures, plus all alt-chains, plus everything else. MPEx is, quite simply, the biggest thing that ever happened in this space.

On the other score: MPEx has been humiliating the SEC in public since 2012. Moreover, the DFS itself came to the conclusion that MP's 2012 article on the topic of Bitcoin regulation is both sound and controls the matter. That's right: it took the USG two years of hewing and hawing to finally work up the balls to come out and plainly state "yeah, that MP guy actually knew what's what way before we figured it out, you should probably just listen to him in the future because we're 12 and what is this."

Sooner or later you're going to just learn to deal with it: there are huge things in Bitcoin, whether you agree or not, whether you understand how they work or not. They don't give a shit about you, or your government. Again, whether you agree or not. Such is life.

Wow your ponzi has increased in value from when it sold ~1 million shares to the point where it sold 150 million? What about all those idiots along the way that didn't get in at ipo and bought/are still buying absurdly overpriced shares in this ponzi?

If I can find 1 idiot to buy 1 share of my company (which will have 100 trillion shares) for 0.01btc does that mean my company is worth 1 trillion bitcoins? Of course not.

You must be huffing paint if you think mpex generated 1 billion usd worth of wealth for its users. That statement is an flat out lie and you know it. You moved around 14k worth of wealth last year and your ponzi (with 85% shares unsold to public) is evaluated at 1 billion usd.

You are right about mpex being the biggest thing in this space. But only in the space of bitcoin ponzi schemes.

Your blog posts are so embarrassing it is honestly a waste of time reading. You pretend that bitcoin cannot be regulated by the SEC because it is virtual money. That statement might hold grounds with the armchair investors/mpex cult members but anyone not involved in this ponzi will tell you that that statement is bullshit and would never hold up in court.

Everything you say is carefully constructed to deceive those with a lack of understanding of real world finance. But I guess it takes 30btc for some to learn a life lesson (on how to lose 30btc or more).

Since predicting the most obvious shit elevates one to the status of "god of bitcoin finance" and I predicted that all of mpex revenue is from new recruits does that make me a god in your eyes?
MPOE-PR

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:00:26 AM

but anyone [...] will tell you

See, this is the part you have trouble with: the opinions of "anyone" aren't worth squat.

jimmothy (OP)

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:04:58 AM

but anyone [...] will tell you

See, this is the part you have trouble with: the opinions of "anyone" aren't worth squat.

You are right but the thing is anyones opinion is worth more than yours.

You run a very deceptive ponzi scheme albeit a very successful one. Grats.

You don't need to pretend you are financial grand master providing an actual financial service.

EDIT: Forgot that he actually does need to pretend in order to keep the ponzi flowing.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:13:38 AM

You run a very deceptive ponzi scheme albeit a very successful one. Grats.

Alternatively, you're just installment #4587 of anon noob with firmly impacted if erroneous notions.

Look up EskimoBob (who meanwhile turned scammer); ciuciu (who meanwhile turned scammer); there's a legion of them.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: