Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:21:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reasons why not to invest in bitcoin?  (Read 997 times)
xamxam

Activity: 409
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:01:40 AM

I cant see other reason why not invest in bitcoin, because bitcoin is good investing where you can earn profit from it buy holding your bitcoin even in a few months, that unlike in bank even 1year of waiting your money is still the same value.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Brangos99

Activity: 186
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:20:28 AM

The reasons that make it reluctant to invest this virtual currency are vulnerable to hacker attacks. The bitcoin value also fluctuates somewhat, making investors still reluctant to start bitcoin business. Therefore many people avoid using bitcoin as an investment because its value is somewhat less stable.
cutecute

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:42:29 AM

So there has been a lot of hype about bitcoin lately and I know it is revolutionary and has lots of advantages. But let's try to state the reasons why exactly do you personally think that bitcoin is not great and lacks in some points. I know it has great applications and is just great but it is not falwless right?
My question is simple and straight, What are the flaws of bitcoin?
Except its high volatility and "Dark use" (in illegal activities).

I don't see any reason why you don't invest in bitcoin because if you invest in bitcoin there's a chance that you will be rich and successful. I think that other said that you are not invest in bitcoin because when they invest they don't get a salary.
Bruce1614

Activity: 144
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:46:46 AM

There is no happenstance can be immaculate in this world. Each framework is imperfect thus does bitcoin. Nonetheless, change is additionally being done on that. Bitcoin exchanges are slower contrasted with numerous different altcoins so helping system is being tried to enhance the speed. Bitcoin exchange were costlier prior, reception of segwit helped it diminish. So it's a continuous exertion.
kabelpeggek

Activity: 173
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:59:49 AM

I think such a thread like these is not very usable for everyone who is invested in cryptocurrencies. Because the most people here are invested, so we should not make any bad publicity about it. SO instead of that, i personally would invest in any other altcoin then bitcoin. The reason is simple. BItcoin rised already a lot. So maybe it can make a 2/3x, but thats it. But other altcoins, they have more potential to make a 10x or a 100x. And thats what we all want. The most possible profit.
thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:04:17 AM

Well, first off, it's hard to invest in a digital currency that can be easily deviated in pricing because of 'whales' who owns a buttload of bitcoins they can easily dispose to manipulate market pricing. Another reason is the volatility. Crazy that people withstand the volatility of bitcoins and still invest in the ups and downs.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Cairo18

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:09:20 AM

I think such a thread like these is not very usable for everyone who is invested in cryptocurrencies. Because the most people here are invested, so we should not make any bad publicity about it. SO instead of that, i personally would invest in any other altcoin then bitcoin. The reason is simple. BItcoin rised already a lot. So maybe it can make a 2/3x, but thats it. But other altcoins, they have more potential to make a 10x or a 100x. And thats what we all want. The most possible profit.

Maybe the bitcoin is not quite spreadout, or they dont like to invest because mybe no one encourage what bitcoin is.Most people if they invest they assure the outcome must be high but it depends on how you handle the buisness.
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 02:15:30 AM

because of its freedom, yes, bitcoin is very vulnerable to use for illegal activities and it could harm the state and the government would not agree it. because there is no limit to bitcoin transactions, the user can use them for any transaction, including illegal activity.
MLBBPLG

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:18:32 AM

It seems unlikely that most Bitcoin users have been reporting these gains. Those who do not may be involved in tax evasion. The IRS has broad powers to investigate evasion, and may require counterparties to reveal information, including computer keys, which can lead to discovery of the transacting parties. Given the fact that the IRS has engaged in selective enforcement against Tea Party activists and other political opponents in recent years, this is a serious potential problem for libertarian users of Bitcoin.
jobel

Activity: 120

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 02:39:46 AM

for me why i am using to invest bitcoin because i i wanted that my investment will become higher that i expected off course there are many circumstances to invest bitcoin why because sometimes its become low or high but, for me nothing impossible waiting to become higher my investment to bitcoin.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:47:20 AM

because of its freedom, yes, bitcoin is very vulnerable to use for illegal activities and it could harm the state and the government would not agree it. because there is no limit to bitcoin transactions, the user can use them for any transaction, including illegal activity.
That is true that bitcoin is more prone or vulnerable to be used as a gateway for doing illegal activities but the countries and their governments are already making some actions or preparations in order to minimize that risk and they are doing it by launching regulations or limits to the user of bitcoin so the abusive act will not occur.
voron84-05

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:53:48 AM

I am concerned about two issues associated with bitcoin:
1. it is quite difficult to raise a large amount in cash without attracting attention from the tax authorities and scammers,
2. high risk of losing BTC, exchanges are hacking, wallets are hacking, phishing sites, etc.
bighok353

Activity: 102

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:01:53 AM

So there has been a lot of hype about bitcoin lately and I know it is revolutionary and has lots of advantages. But let's try to state the reasons why exactly do you personally think that bitcoin is not great and lacks in some points. I know it has great applications and is just great but it is not falwless right?
I think the biggest problem is that the cost of Bitcoin is too high. Now the price of Bitcoin will not fluctuate too much. If there are other cryptocurrencies that are optimistic, I would rather choose the other ones, because their returns will be higher than Bitcoin. Although the risk will be higher.
Fazlurkhan.kz

Activity: 266
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:07:54 AM

Indeed it is not that great. It has some cons too. but if we just consider it's cons we would miss out all the pros it has!
Dod Ong

Activity: 323

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:13:39 AM

The main reason why I don't invest here in bitcoin because of some scammers are being caught by the police and other investor here in bitcoin are complaining about their money that have been scammed. I thought the there are more scammers now in bitcoin so I would not invest here because I want to become safe my earnings or my money.
cryptohunter1086 (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:26:34 AM

This topic has given me great answers and some useless too. Overall all I needed to know has been stated in the given replies and some of the posts in this thread are useless too. I am locking this topic so that no more trash posts or repeated answers pollute this forum!
Happy bittalking!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  

Jump to: