Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:03:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: campbx customers service is AWFUL  (Read 4142 times)
merockstar (OP)

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

BTS: merockstar420

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 04:59:28 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2013, 05:23:20 PM by merockstar

Sending money orders sounded like an easy and accessible way to deposit funds to an exchange. So I gave it a shot with campbx.

What a terrible idea.

It seems there is a minimum amount to deposit or they will not even honor it, and just shred your money order.

I sent a test money order of ten dollars. And they shredded it.

Now I can't decide if it's even worth the hassle of fighting with western union to reclaim funds Sad  (ever dealt with western union? i think they designed it intentionally so that you want to rip your hair out, so people will learn and they wont have to provide as much service)

The guy didn't apologize for my inconvenience or anything, I got the specific impression he didn't even give a crap.

There kayak thing is awful. They email responses to tickets, but you can't email them back. You have to log in to a completely different site to respond (which isn't obvious). So if you're at work and they respond they keep sending you emails saying "plz advise" like you have all the time in the world.

apparently they shred tons of checks and wrong brand of money orders a day.

Also, if they get a money order from you, and arbitrarily decide to shred it, they don't bother to tell you. They just let you figure it out for yourself.

If they're going to have a minimum amount to deposit they should post that, instead of wasting people's time. That ten dollars would have came in handy right now (fuck not spending what you cant afford to lose, I refuse to be poor forever, thanks).

Can anyone suggest a service that wants my steady flow of dinky money orders (along with my occasional bigass one)? Coinbase is out, no bank account. Localbitcoins prices are jacked sky high.

happy thanksgiving
merockstar (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 04:11:15 PM

In case anyone is watching, and thinking about starting their own bitcoin exchange, the correct answer campbx should have given me was,

"We're very sorry about the inconvenience caused by the miscommunication on our part. Due to time constraints we regrettably must impose a minimum deposit amount of ___ per money order, which will now be posted on the deposit page and in the FAQs.

To show our appreciation for bringing this to our attention, we will go ahead and credit your account with the appropriate balance. Thank you for contacting CampBX."
village.idiot

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:23:31 AM

I'm having a slightly different experience with them.
I sent a bitcoin to my CampBX account using a fresh bitcoin address which they generated.  (I've successfully sent bitcoins to them before and since)
It didn't show up on my account.  Sad
I created a ticket using their system to get it resolved.  I updated the ticket twice as I found info in my wallet and the blockchain about the transaction.
Now, two weeks later, I have not received any support at all.  Not one communication.  Angry
What does it take to get customer support?!  Huh
geofflosophy

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:39:13 AM

I've never gotten a response from CampBX support either. Very poor customer service.
village.idiot

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:43:48 AM

I've never gotten a response from CampBX support either. Very poor customer service.
Well, while I have a bitcoin loose in the chain, that doesn't give me a warm & fuzzy.
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:33:09 AM

Is CampBX down today? I can't even log in to the site.

Previously the site said they would begin accepting ACH transfers today, wassup with that?

'Verification' is supposed to take 5 business days ... today is day #7 with no response.
village.idiot

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:37:20 AM

Is CampBX down today? I can't even log in to the site.

Previously the site said they would begin accepting ACH transfers today, wassup with that?

'Verification' is supposed to take 5 business days ... today is day #7 with no response.
Maybe we should take a hint
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:54:29 AM

They have been holding my BTC hostage for a full two weeks now.  Almost a full week after I opened a support ticket they said they would get around to getting my BTC back for me in a week or two and then they closed my support ticket.  I have some hope I will get it back without having to get one of my lawyer friends to start writing letters but these guys are just terrible.  They really need to let everyone get their funds out and then close up shop and go away.
village.idiot

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:59:05 AM

They have been holding my BTC hostage for a full two weeks now.  Almost a full week after I opened a support ticket they said they would get around to getting my BTC back for me in a week or two and then they closed my support ticket.  I have some hope I will get it back without having to get one of my lawyer friends to start writing letters but these guys are just terrible.  They really need to let everyone get their funds out and then close up shop and go away.
Maybe we need to get a list of CampBX victims for your lawyer friend to work with
merockstar (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:38:29 PM

I e-mailed them back asking what the minimum for a deposit was, and was told that they accept any amount.

I'm honestly not sure if they even know what they accept.

If you use campbx, use delivery confirmation for sure-- or they will lose your money order and claim they've never lost a money order.
village.idiot

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:16:42 PM

I e-mailed them back asking what the minimum for a deposit was, and was told that they accept any amount.

If you use campbx, use delivery confirmation for sure-- or they will lose your money order and claim they've never lost a money order.
I have only deposited bitcoins and withdrawn USD using ACH.
Been working fine with the exception of one bitcoin in limbo and zero customer support.  Angry
wc4482

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:23:51 PM

I used USPS for my money order and talked with the Postal Service agent at the register. He said that if they never cash the money order on the other side (gets lost in the mail, etc.), that I can return with the receipt and the money order stub and get my money back.

Also I think you can buy a money order on credit card? (I used cash). I might try this, and it might be dangerous.
village.idiot

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:05:24 PM

Just discovered that my ticket with CampBX was updated Nov 27 (at least, that's the date is shows).
They're blaming me for using an old bitcoin address.  I always click their button to generate an address at the time I want to make the deposit.
I am told it will take up to two weeks to recover my bitcoin.  Okay, I can survive two more weeks.
merockstar (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:08:11 PM

it's been a couple weeks since I mailed the money order a kept the stub to. the western union status says it has not been cashed so we'll see if it pops up. the very first one I sent has had plenty of time to hit and bank, but I didnt keep the stub so cant check its status Sad

ill start using USPS money orders from now on, thanks for the tip.
Rishodi

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 08:26:25 PM

CampBX customer support is definitely lacking, as is the amount and clarity of the information they provide to customers on their site. I'm not surprised that they have a minimum deposit amount that cannot be found in their FAQ or deposit webpages. Just last week, I inquired to support regarding one of their policies, and I received a terse response which only partially answered my questions. I followed up by pointing out that they could save themselves, and their customers, some trouble by elucidating precisely what their policy is in this particular area on their site, but unsurprisingly the information available on their site was not subsequently updated.

Out of curiosity, what is their minimum deposit amount?

Now I can't decide if it's even worth the hassle of fighting with western union to reclaim funds Sad  (ever dealt with western union? i think they designed it intentionally so that you want to rip your hair out, so people will learn and they wont have to provide as much service)
Allow me to save you some time: don't bother. Western Union charges a $15 fee to process any refund request.

Also I think you can buy a money order on credit card? (I used cash). I might try this, and it might be dangerous.
That's not correct; at least, it isn't at any location I've ever visited. Most places will allow you to purchase a money order using a debit card, but not a credit card, for obvious reasons.

Bitrated user: Rishodi.
merockstar (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:59:52 PM

They claim there is no minimum. Yet the guy said if I send bigger amount he'll personally see that it gets deposited. Lol. Yea I'll get right on that.

Replying from phone, will hit forum to type more later
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:41:48 PM

I was just about consider campbx, until I read this.

Keep us updated.
merockstar (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:06:06 AM

The twenty dollar money order I sent hit today!

I'm very excited! Just in time for the crash!

Have no idea what happened to the ten dollar money order.

I still think there customer service is awful, but I don't feel 100% ripped off anymore.

If I can find the stub while I'm cleaning this weekend I'll call and see if it's been cashed yet.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:32:26 AM

Yeah I am starting to believe they just suck at customer service and that they take FOREVER to do anything but that they are actually still honest which is a plus.  Unfortunately they held the BTC I was planning to sell for fiat during the all time highs these past few weeks so sucks to be me.  But then again they still haven't returned my BTC yet and its been 2 and a half weeks already.
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:29:14 PM

I requested an ACH withdrawal from them 3 weeks ago. Still nothing.

CampBX sucks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: