Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:55:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding habit  (Read 631 times)
vitkamenev

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:12:53 PM

You never know which project will be successful. Therefore it is better to keep all the coins in a long time. As a result, all non-successful coins will be covered with successful! I try to keep all the coins. But sometimes part of I take off as needed...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rohican

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:14:53 PM

Many people want to invest in ethereum or neo for example, but do not have the capital. One solution is to become a bounty hunter. So it makes sense if the token bounty is sold to buy ethereum.
anitaraymonds

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:20:50 PM

It is a very bad altitude which normally kill the coins at inception in the market. It is difficult to get all the hunters to agree and hold their token for a while after distribution. As some will use the need for money as an excuse to sell off immediately.
MEMEX

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:39:00 PM

I think not all bounty hunters sell their tokens, and they seem to get only a small percentage of all coins. I think it makes more sense if the dump is due to the management selling their token rather than the bounty hunter doing it.
lobanoval

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:41:05 PM

This is a call to all bounty hunters to refrain from the dumping habits they are known for. Can bounty hunters cultivate good holding habit and stop dumping their tokens immediately after distribution?
Why do bounty hunters dump tokens?

Some people might be needing money urgently thus they are selling. However, it is a very bad decision in my opinion as they can get 5-10X if they wait for few months.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:45:01 PM

I think not all bounty hunters sell their tokens, and they seem to get only a small percentage of all coins. I think it makes more sense if the dump is due to the management selling their token rather than the bounty hunter doing it.
If the project is just a junked mostly the dumped coming out from the dev itself, but if there's a great future coming from the project, I think mostly the dumped comes up from those people who didn't bother to take time and read the road plan of the said project,  bounty hunters always wants to have a quick earnings they forget about reading and when they seen that there's already a value out from the market they will simply dumped what they've got and enjoy from their earnings.
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:53:13 PM

This is a call to all bounty hunters to refrain from the dumping habits they are known for. Can bounty hunters cultivate good holding habit and stop dumping their tokens immediately after distribution?
You can tell this to bounty hunters but there is no assurance that you can stop them from that bad habit of after getting the bounty they will just dump it.

It's obvious that you are also a bounty hunter so you'll do the same thing.

To get profit.

Signature for rent
tyoA7X

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:57:09 PM

probably because it again requires funds, so throw the tokens after the distribution occurs. actually this is not good because it is too hasty in making decisions. and I agree with your opinion to refrain from dumping habits. because it will only hurt yourself.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.JOIN NOW.
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
AbyssLagiaz

Activity: 185
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:59:06 PM

That's why they're called bounty hunters. They keep on joining bounties for their own opportunities. Some bounty hunters don't even know what bounties are they're joining at then in the end they would just whine out that the project didn't pay properly. Holding for bounty hunters is quite uncommon but not really rare as some are a hard traders that stacks their tokens even more after the project paid out instead of instantly drying the market down instantly.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 04:59:18 PM

Because they have an idea that once the token is listed in any exchange site, price will soar. Those who dumps just want to be ahead when token or coin listed they already sold a bag of BTC. I have seen BTC and Alts price enjoying the view from up there. Usually after the token is listed, holders will start selling.
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:27:39 PM

Most of the people who dumps their tokens is either they wanted to make a whale so they could even buy more in a cheap price, because if you are going to dump a certain token with a very huge quantity of it, then the price of it would become cheap, and the person who did that would buy more of that certain token in a more cheap price, and that is what you called "profits", or maybe the other reason behind that is that person really need the money so he is dumping his tokens, he don't care if he is not going to make any profits at all.

Actually, we have the choice to make on what we wanted to do in our tokens, though holding is the best thing to make more profits in the long run.
arthotdog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:31:58 PM

But theres no wrong from dumping the tokens they are holding,because not all tokens caming from the newly open projects has a potential,and specially this days that more of them are just pump and dump,if you dont sell your token after receiving the chance of being trap is there cause that coins might be dead after released from the exchanges
islakevin

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 05:35:47 PM

Holding habit is good choice than dumping but you need to be patient for the token to have a good price before dumping them make sure also that you wont be greedy to the price and make sure you dump also at the right time. People who holds longer has the bigger rewards keep that in mind.

Ayobami99
Copper Member

Activity: 617
Merit: 3

The wonders of the blockchain technology

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 05:41:37 PM

Some hunters need the fund but somehow its a bad habit too. I think its time to let the dumping habit go

🕹️ Wunbit Arcade 🕹️
   🌐 =⬢ Website ⬢= 🌐       👾 Join the Next Generation of Blockchain-Powered Games! 👾        📄 =⬢ Whitepaper ⬢= 📄
📣 =⬢ Facebook ⬢= 📣                    ☝️ =⬢ Twitter ⬢= ☝️                    🎰 =⬢ Bitcointalk Thread ⬢= 🎰                    💬 =⬢ Telegram ⬢= 💬                    🚀 =⬢ BUY TOKENS ⬢= 🚀
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:44:09 PM

I am all up for the this cause but you have to realize that some of the bounty hunters (especially the ones located in underdeveloped regions) depends on this type of income, which means they can put food on their table at the end of the day.
Haunebu

Activity: 3052
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:49:39 PM

That's why they're called bounty hunters. They keep on joining bounties for their own opportunities. Some bounty hunters don't even know what bounties are they're joining at then in the end they would just whine out that the project didn't pay properly. Holding for bounty hunters is quite uncommon but not really rare as some are a hard traders that stacks their tokens even more after the project paid out instead of instantly drying the market down instantly.
This is true. Majority of the bounty hunters participate in bounties in order to earn coins and tokens for quick profits in the short term rather than HODLING them for the long term which is completely understandable. Personally, I am a HODLER myself and I tend to HODL all my coins and tokens for big profits in the long run since I don't focus on short term trades unless absolutely necessary. I have maintained this strategy successfully for a long period of time and have already gained a lot from it. I don't see the need to hate on bounty hunters who sell their tokens and coins quickly since they are free to do what they want with their rewards.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
matsusomoto

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:59:09 PM

Because huntersa re normally going to dump those tokens which they think wont have good future,potential growth of project should be considered before dumping the toke,personally i am not going to hold those tokens which wont have any good value in the future,but if the project has a lot of potentials to grow i am going to keep those.

Swenna

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 06:33:01 PM

I, on the contrary, regret that I did not sell my coins immediately after entering the exchange, because all these coins immediately lost in value and now they do not even try to grow...

Well, it is because we also tend to think that the price of the coin will continue to increase. We are afraid of selling and letting go of our coins in fear of losing some profit but once it loses its value, our regret turns into a worse one. There is nothing wrong with holding your coins. As the market is increasing in its value, let us just hope that your coin will regain its ATH price, too.
mangkanor

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:42:01 PM

Its morelikely a strategy not a habit,hunters know what they are doing dumping is normal ,if you are a hunter you would know which of your tokens are going to be good for long term hold,and which of those tokens are going to be shit tokens that wont have any good potentials which is why these hunters are probably dumping those shit tokens.

Faruque312

Activity: 490

Life is full of struggle

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2018, 06:47:28 PM

cause they have no idea about the project and they have not enough idea about trading market, thats why they sold without knowing.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: