Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:24:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is BTC-e scamming you?  (Read 19920 times)
ezipaint (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:09:39 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2013, 11:03:59 AM by ezipaint

I've lost $3500 to BTCe.

Have sent a number of wires to them previously with no problem. Now, it's been over 3 weeks with no deposit in my account after sending them money. I have contacted Mayzus Financial Services (Bank Payee for international wires), and they confirm that BTCe has been credited with my deposit.

BTCe refuse to respond to a support ticket raised 2 weeks ago.

I know of at least 10 other people who have not received money from either deposits or withdrawals from BTCe. Over US$70,000 between 3 people whose amounts I know.

I propose, we band together, get as many details for each person: Name date of deposit/withdrawal, amount, copy of SWIFT confirmation from your bank and take it to UK authorities. While BTCe is a Bulgarian company, their banking agent is UK based, so that would be a good place to start.

If you've lost money, please get in touch!  -- btcewatcher@gmail.com

If your're a US citizen, consider: http://www.ic3.gov/faq/default.aspx

The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C).

• Q: Can I file a complaint if I am a citizen of the United States but have been victimized by an individual or company outside of the United States?
    If one of the two parties involved is located within the United States, please feel free to file a complaint.

---- UPDATE 24 DECEMBER ----

So, I owe BTCe a big apology.

It turns out that my bank never sent the wire. Crazy, my internet banking shows the transaction as a confirmed fully processed payment. I trust my bank, and never for a second thought they could be the problem.

So - unreserved apology to BTCe. I've made about 7 or 8 transfers to them, and this was the only one that had a problem.

Their customer service however, is appalling. I've spent weeks on end waiting on responses to support tickets, and the responses I have received are largely unhelpful, curt, and misleading (I think this is a language barrier issue).

I spent quite some time at one point thinking they had found my deposit, and were processing it, when in fact they were pointing out that they had already credited the deposit for which I'd supplied an incorrect SWIFT confirmation (Had several deposits for similar amounts sent at roughly the same time). Don't assume you understand what they are telling you in ticket responses, unless it is very clearly spelled out.

With any normal business, I would have expected this drama to perhaps drag into 2, maybe 3 days, given a few of the confusing elements of the problem. BTCe took just about 2 months.

But I no longer think that they're scammers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blofeld69

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:18:24 PM

Please what is the name and registration number of this Bulgarian company you mention
ezipaint (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:28:11 PM

It's all over the net. 1 example here: http://www.coindesk.com/btc-e-bitcoin-exchange-review/
belzebut

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:32:11 PM

Hi,

I have the same problem. I deposited almost 10.000 USD 2 weeks ago and I didnt receive my money. I opened several tickets but no answer at all (not even a word).
If they refuse to give our deposits, maybe one day they will run away with our accounts.

They cant hide from us forever!

I can`t find the reason why they refuse give our money!?!
blofeld69

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:37:27 PM

It's all over the net. 1 example here: http://www.coindesk.com/btc-e-bitcoin-exchange-review/

that just says its bulgarian based, no company details or anything, doesn't mean shit. Is there a bulgarian company registered? if there is we can find out directors details etc but I dont think there is one...
ezipaint (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:38:54 PM

Email me details asked for above: btcewatcher@gmail.com
buggrock

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:44:18 PM

If your going to buy BTC. I recommend you do it thru a US exchange.

Its a big risk your taking. If any of these overseas companies decide to steal your money.

Pretty much nothing can be done about it.

At least if it happens within the states, you could sue them or report it to somebody.
ezipaint (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:46:55 PM

Hey Buggrock - you know there are judicial systems in the rest of the world too right? I think a lot of them predate the US one ; )
blofeld69

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:47:34 PM

Nikolay Rozhok
CEO at Mayzus Financial Services Ltd
London, United Kingdom Financial Services

This is the guy who must hold company details for BTC-E.com or his company IS BTC-E.com

But he is trying to say he's nothing to do with fraud perpetrated through his company....

http://www.mayzusfs.com/ru/legal/fraud-prevention

4.       Check out the company or organisation. Never assume a firm wouldn't provide you with information, references, or regulatory contacts unless the information was accurate and reliable, that's precisely what swindlers want you to assume. They know that most people never bother to follow through.
Most victims of fraud contact a regulatory authority or law enforcement agency or the bank/financial institution after they've lost their money in other words when it’s too late. It's far better to make the contact and obtain whatever information is available while they still had their money.
tum0r

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:50:28 PM

Thanks for the warningsignals.
Cryptos unite
WayTooGosu

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 28, 2013, 10:50:31 PM

If they continue to be unresponsive or ignore you, you should consider taking legal action.
CryptoNames

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2013, 10:51:59 PM

If your going to buy BTC. I recommend you do it thru a US exchange.

Its a big risk your taking. If any of these overseas companies decide to steal your money.

Pretty much nothing can be done about it.

At least if it happens within the states, you could sue them or report it to somebody.

CampBX?

xxman

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 12:29:46 AM

I think it does , i have the same problem i have transferred 4800USD before i have received in 2 days now it has been a week or so and still nothing.
My support tickets are ignored although it has been moderated.
Let me know guys what your next step is.
this is my email
tonybert06@gmail.com, please let me know about your next move.
chop_chop

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:30:05 AM

I have been successfully using BTC-e for close to 12 months and have never encountered any problems.
Odrec

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:36:34 AM

I have been successfully using BTC-e for close to 12 months and have never encountered any problems.

I haven't had any problems yet either but I haven't withdrawn btc or usd and now I'm a little scared. Have you done that?

genexerc

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 01:55:45 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2013, 02:23:23 AM by genexerc

I have same situation. My money is on hold and no one answers at support.

But as I noticed now is changing times for crypto and btc-e growing very fast. Things need time to stabilize.

Anyway I found interesting statement on that page: https://btc-e.com/page/1

Identity verification
Required in case you choose to load your account by wire transfer.To comply with AML/CTF recommendations, we require our clients to verify identity by providing scanned copy of ID and scanned copy of utility bill or a bank statement which should not be older then 6 month. Copy should be in good resolution and colored.
 Please note the funds will be on hold untill the identity is verified.

Looks like I need to supply verification information to process my deposit but at current state site have no functionality to identity check. And not enought people to manually process tons of support tickets.

I think its good idea to wait until site stabilizes.

Just look under the chat: Users: 10948 Bots: 680! 10k people!

I work in software engineering too. Its really hard. When I imagine how much work have CREATORS to do and how many problems they have - I relax and ready to wait. Maybe they need to hire some people to produce HQ service?

I want to hear voice of young woman telling me that everything is ok and my deposit pending  Smiley
Crystallas

Activity: 109

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 07:34:40 AM

Nope. I have made dozens of transactions to and from. BTCe and USD. All of them went through. Recent transactions were good as well. The only issues I have ever had, were some delays in the past, but not so much now. Everything works 100% as expected.
desper

Activity: 51

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:00:10 AM

I have used btc-e without problems (deposit USD via Swift, deposit and withdraw btc and ltc). Now I want to withdraw cash.

How long has it taken you to receive USD or EUR from btc-e via Swift transfer? Does it normally take longer than a week?
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:23:53 AM

Sorry to hear that, it's really unfortunate.

I've stayed away from depositing USD to BTC-E for this reason, there are too many similar cases of missing USD either deposit or withdrawals. But at the same time it seems that a lot of people had no problems at all with BTC-e.

My problem with BTCe is that they aren't transparent. There isn't much info about them, about the ownership. Despite being the 3rd largest bitcoin exchange there are no press interviews with the owners, etc. It just feels like a shady operation and their growth has been mainly fueled by lack of options after mtgox's demise.

I do hope you are able to get your money back, don't give up on emailing their support until you receive a reply from them.

In my opinion Bitstamp & Kraken seem to be the only 100% legit Bitcoin exchanges at the moment.

utuxia

Activity: 69

View Profile
November 29, 2013, 09:24:57 AM

i have to say i haven't had any problems in 3 months. But i don't deal with fiat over there. only crypto.

thanks for the heads up though to mitigate any risk i'm moving my coins off btc-e. they could disappear into the night without so much as a warning.

thank you.

ps - i would *not* give these people my identity for verification either. That is just asking for it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: